PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Ahead

Rocko
11/29/2010, 11:58 PM
I am extremely excited to be attending this historic game this Saturday!

At first glance I almost wrote this one off as a W for us; due to the injuries on the side of Nebraska of course. However, this is shaping up to be a true battle as you can never write off a team, especially one with as much talent as Nebraska.

Their defense has been stifling this season as they have been the past few seasons, but their major slip up came at the hands of OSU. As the pokes often boast, Blackmon raked in 125+ yards that game on their way to 41 points, and it took Nebraska 51 points to answer them. Now this feat of scoring was achieved with a healthy 1)Martinez who threw for 300+ and ran for 100+ and scored 5 passing TDs. 2) Niles Paul who caught 9 passes for 131. The fact that both players are either questionable or out for the game is quite substantial, as they add an explosive facet to the Husker's offense.

Nebraska's gameplan will obviously be hindered on the offensive side of the ball. They will need to hand it to either one of their reliable backs, Helu Jr. or Burkhead, to help out a very green QB in Green. They will need to execute well, because they do not have the explosiveness to make up for crucial mistakes. I expect a hardnose running game on 1st and 2nd to make 3rd manageable.

So what do you think?

1 thing we can hang our hat on.

1 thing they can hang their hat on.

1 mystery factor for the game.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 12:35 AM

At first glance I almost wrote this one off as a W for us; due to the injuries on the side of Nebraska of course. However, this is shaping up to be a true battle as you can never write off a team, especially one with as much talent as Nebraska.

If their DL gets to Landry all night... well, I really don't want to think about it.

soonercastor
11/30/2010, 12:40 AM

Exactly my reaction, I felt more pressure going into the Baylor and OSU games than I'm feeling now. I'm feeling pretty good about this one.

But I know the coaches aren't overlooking them:P :P

Boooom!
11/30/2010, 12:41 AM
The Option Read.

We have not seen this so well executed this year- foreign.

huskerland
11/30/2010, 12:44 AM

Their defense has been stifling this season as they have been the past few seasons, but their major slip up came at the hands of OSU. As the pokes often boast, Blackmon raked in 125+ yards that game on their way to 41 points, and it took Nebraska 61 points to answer them. Now this feat of scoring was achieved with a healthy 1)Martinez who threw for 300+ and ran for 100+ and scored 5 passing TDs. 2) Niles Paul who caught 9 passes for 131. The fact that both players are either questionable or out for the game is quite substantial, as they add an explosive facet to the Husker's offense.

Nebraska's gameplan will obviously be hindered on the offensive side of the ball. They will need to hand it to either one of their reliable backs, Helu Jr. or Burkhead, to help out a very green QB in Green. They will need to execute well, because they do not have the explosiveness to make up for crucial mistakes. I expect a hardnose running game on 1st and 2nd to make 3rd manageable.

So what do you think?

1 mystery factor for the game. Very good diagnosis Sir. That's the way I see it but, Yeah there's always a "BUT" it does force multiple formations. You do see it very well though, and without smack!

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 12:51 AM
hopefully Demarco is back!!!

Okie35
11/30/2010, 01:52 AM

Their defense has been stifling this season as they have been the past few seasons, but their major slip up came at the hands of OSU. As the pokes often boast, Blackmon raked in 125+ yards that game on their way to 41 points, and it took Nebraska 61 points to answer them. Now this feat of scoring was achieved with a healthy 1)Martinez who threw for 300+ and ran for 100+ and scored 5 passing TDs. 2) Niles Paul who caught 9 passes for 131. The fact that both players are either questionable or out for the game is quite substantial, as they add an explosive facet to the Husker's offense.

So what do you think?

They scored 51 but yea Niles Paul isn't playing he has a broken leg. Martinez will probably play. You're right about their run game, they will run heavy and put Burkhead in the wildcat.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/30/2010, 09:07 AM
If their DL gets to Landry all night... well, I really don't want to think about it.

I don't forsee our DL getting to Landry that much. Reason isn't because our DL isn't talented, it's because of the way they've been coached this season. This year, the DL is more into containment, taking up double teams, filling space, etc and letting our LB's make the plays. Yes, our DL has gotten to the QB a few times but not as much as we did last year with Suh still here.

And yes, OSU lit us up for some yards, but keep in mind NU held Weeden to an all time season low. Our secondary is one of the best in the nation and they've been able to make some pretty good QB's look mediocre at best. Where our D struggles is the hurry-up offense. Teams that have used that, have had some success with it. Defensively, NU should be able to shut you guys down pretty good. You'll probably get some big plays and put up some points, but I don't expect it to be anything like it was against Okie Lite.

On the offensive side of the ball is where the big question mark remains. Even if Taylor plays, he most likely will not be 100%. Green had what I would consider a good game against CU (yeah I know...it's Colorado but...). Hopefully that carries over to this Saturday.

NU players to watch for on D are Hagg, David (absolutely phenomenal LB'er), Prince and Gomes. On Offensive, Burkhead, Helu and Kyler Reed (TE).

meoveryouxinfinity
11/30/2010, 10:04 AM
We're hitting our stride. We had major mistakes in the games we lost, special teams and other wise.

Landry threw 3 picks and we won by a touchdown.
With Murray, the _____ formation will be a key to winning the game. Without Murray, it's not nearly the same.
The defense played an outstanding 1st half against OSU:
OSU gets the ball at their 17, drives to their 49, punt on 4th and 5.
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 7 plays 32 yards, 03:28 OKLAST PUNT

OSU gets the ball at their 36, drives to their 40, punt on 4th and 6.
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 3 plays 4 yards, 00:49 OKLAST PUNT

Landry Jones is intercepted, OSU gets the ball at the OU 44, held to a 4th and goal at the OU 6 yard line.
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 7 plays 38 yards, 01:28 OKLAST FG

OSU gets the ball at their 19, Weeden intercepted at OSU 34.
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 3 plays 1 yards, 00:48 OKLAST INT

OSU gets the ball at their 27, Weeden intercepted at the OU 45
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 3 plays 24 yards, 01:05 OKLAST INT

Landry Jones is picked off for a touchdown the other way

OSU gets the ball at their 15, punt on 4th and 7 at OSU 18
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 3 plays 3 yards, 00:54 OKLAST PUNT

Landry Jones throws another interception, OSU gets the ball at the OU 48, Punt on 4th and 17 from the OSU 45
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 3 plays -7 yards, 00:54 OKLAST PUNT

OSU gets the ball at their 41, first real drive good for 7.
DRIVE TOTALS: OKLAST drive: 4 plays 59 yards, 01:16 OKLAST TD

49r
12/1/2010, 11:34 AM
So what do you think?

A Sooner Victory

A Sooner Victory

How much the Sooners will win by.

Seriously. This game is a mere formality.

Veritas
12/1/2010, 12:24 PM
DeMarco Murray

The wildcat has been working.

Officiating.

Rocko
12/1/2010, 01:49 PM
I feel like some of us are forgetting Nebraska's scary good defense.

Reddoggie
12/1/2010, 01:57 PM
They scored 51 but yea Niles Paul isn't playing he has a broken leg. Martinez will probably play. You're right about their run game, they will run heavy and put Burkhead in the wildcat.

Niles Paul-broken foot
Martinez-not gonna play
Burkhead-be prepared for the wildcat and few other tricks that we're keeping under our hat.

boomermagic
12/1/2010, 02:02 PM

Their defense has been stifling this season as they have been the past few seasons, but their major slip up came at the hands of OSU. As the pokes often boast, Blackmon raked in 125+ yards that game on their way to 41 points, and it took Nebraska 51 points to answer them. Now this feat of scoring was achieved with a healthy 1)Martinez who threw for 300+ and ran for 100+ and scored 5 passing TDs. 2) Niles Paul who caught 9 passes for 131. The fact that both players are either questionable or out for the game is quite substantial, as they add an explosive facet to the Husker's offense.

So what do you think?

They beat us last year I am expecting a dog fight.

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2010, 02:03 PM
I don't forsee our DL getting to Landry that much. Reason isn't because our DL isn't talented, it's because of the way they've been coached this season. This year, the DL is more into containment, taking up double teams, filling space, etc and letting our LB's make the plays. Yes, our DL has gotten to the QB a few times but not as much as we did last year with Suh still here.

And yes, OSU lit us up for some yards, but keep in mind NU held Weeden to an all time season low. Our secondary is one of the best in the nation and they've been able to make some pretty good QB's look mediocre at best. Where our D struggles is the hurry-up offense. Teams that have used that, have had some success with it. Defensively, NU should be able to shut you guys down pretty good. You'll probably get some big plays and put up some points, but I don't expect it to be anything like it was against Okie Lite.

On the offensive side of the ball is where the big question mark remains. Even if Taylor plays, he most likely will not be 100%. Green had what I would consider a good game against CU (yeah I know...it's Colorado but...). Hopefully that carries over to this Saturday.

NU players to watch for on D are Hagg, David (absolutely phenomenal LB'er), Prince and Gomes. On Offensive, Burkhead, Helu and Kyler Reed (TE).

Really? Well...I must say something:

Weeden, Combined Rushing and passing vs:
Nebraska: 1 rush for -10. 18 of 35 passing for 283 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.
Oklahoma: 1 rush for 4 yards. 28 of 43 passing for 257 yards 2 TDs and 3 INTs.

Tell us again which was his season low performance?

Hint: Damn sure wasnt against Nebraska!

If Blackmon can torch Nebraska's vaunted Secondary, then wait until Broyles and Stills gets loose!

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2010, 02:04 PM
They beat us last year I am expecting a dog fight.

LMFAO!

They beat us with a reserve lineup and one of the better Dlinemen to play this game in the last 20 years facing a patched up Oline with a Tight End playing center!

and the game was still very much in doubt until the end!

Ill take OU and the points plus some in this game!

OU_Sooners75
12/1/2010, 02:07 PM
So what do you think? OU wins and it wont resemble UNL vs. OSU!

The fact that our team is healthy this year!

The fact that they are leaving the Big 12 like a bunch of chicken ****s!

There is no mystery in this game. OU will pass the ball. Nebraska will rush it. Whoever has the highest score at the end of the game wins!

There ya go!