PDA

View Full Version : Awwww little brother is realizing his place...finally

Tigeman
11/29/2010, 10:59 PM
Love the fact that they are finally realizing their place! Pretty damn funny actually! It's like the lightbulb just came on! It's amazing what a loss to OU will do to their egos!

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110663

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 11:08 PM
They talk about their endowment as it relates to AAU acceptance, but doesn't a large part of that go to the athletic department? I doubt that impresses AAU.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 11:14 PM
Smartest osu fan ive ever seen

"Look at the stands in Norman and in Stillwater on Saturdays. Without OU & UT, we probably don't find a good home. We don't bring a fanbase with us. We don't have great academics, the Pac-10 was nervous about us & Tech because of our endowment and academic standards. Our selling point is being a team on the rise, but in reality, our selling point is that UT & OU both look out for us, at least to some extent. "

Joe Kidd
11/29/2010, 11:15 PM
Branding Success is aimed at "recruiting and retaining student leaders from rural communities." Not athletics. It is at 650 million toward its billion dollar goal.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 11:20 PM
Point taken.

85sooners
11/29/2010, 11:23 PM
:D

Tigeman
11/29/2010, 11:24 PM
Yep collier, exactly what I was talking about! HEHE

prrriiide
11/29/2010, 11:54 PM
This. We're Tier 1 now, and our endowment is rapidly approaching $1 billion. I wouldn't be surprised if we were invited to the AAU within the next 5-10 years. The Tech/OSU diss did not emanate from the Pac-10, but rather the governor of Misery.

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/11553466.jpg

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/1050124.jpg

OHHH GAWD!!! OHHH...PLEASE....STOP....PLEASE...I...CAN'T...CATC H MY....BREATH!!!!

usaosooner
11/30/2010, 12:34 AM
poor little brother

Frozen Sooner
11/30/2010, 12:40 AM
Branding Success is aimed at "recruiting and retaining student leaders from rural communities." Not athletics. It is at 650 million toward its billion dollar goal.

Wasn't just under $500 million of that from one donor?

Ah. Sorry. $200 million of $650 million is from one donor. Think you'll find another $350 million under the couch cushions?

oulucas
11/30/2010, 12:49 AM

"Look at the stands in Norman and in Stillwater on Saturdays. Without OU & UT, we probably don't find a good home. We don't bring a fanbase with us. We don't have great academics, the Pac-10 was nervous about us & Tech because of our endowment and academic standards. Our selling point is being a team on the rise, but in reality, our selling point is that UT & OU both look out for us, at least to some extent. "

I've been trolling a bit over on OP.com tonight and was sort of surprised at how many of the posters were of this ilk. There were certainly some idiots, but a lot of them were realistic.

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 12:57 AM
pooooooooooor aggie

Knippz
11/30/2010, 01:57 AM
I guess there has been a sex change after a 10 win season? Because as far as I'm concerned, they've always been little sister.

thecynic
11/30/2010, 02:12 AM
I have a friend who is a die hard OSU fan, alum, booster, message boarder, tailgater, Boone Pickens cack sucker, you name it. When all the realignment talk was going on and there was some speculation that osu would be going to the mountain west or somewhere, He said "great. With our budget and facilities we would be the top school in the conference and that would be a much easier road to a BCS bowl, because being in the Big 12 (or whatever) South is tough. We (being osu) will never be able to beat OU and texas in the same year, so I say let's move"
was funny that as much as he hates OU and gives us no respect at all, he admitted they will never beat us on a regular basis.
Some of them know and will even admit it sober.

Knippz
11/30/2010, 03:11 AM
That's funny because I expect to beat * and oSu every year.

King Barry's Back
11/30/2010, 04:32 AM
That's funny because I expect to beat * and oSu every year.

Not to be snippy, but you don't really expect to beat * every year. That is a premier football program with resources we don't dream of.

You really do, however, expect to beat OSU every year. And you are almost always right.

Joe Kidd
11/30/2010, 06:54 AM
Wasn't just under $500 million of that from one donor?

Ah. Sorry. $200 million of $650 million is from one donor. Think you'll find another $350 million under the couch cushions?

I think like the 15 million that came in the other day it will take a while but we will eventually get it.

Soonermagik
11/30/2010, 08:30 AM
I will say that Pickens has helped them a lot. Their facilities have vastly improved over the years. Even with his money they sill don't have the tradition or the amount of fans that OU has. You can build a huge amazing stadium, but if there aren't enough fans to fill it, it detracts from the concept.

Maybe it's a lack of winning, but they just don't have a ton of fans except for the one bedlam game each year. I'm willing to bet a lot of those wearing orange aren't true OSU fans, but they just hate OU and the success they have had.

Joe Kidd
11/30/2010, 09:04 AM
The thing is you have to build it and then they will come. OSU can't just decide they want to compete in Football and it happen, it is going to take years of effort. The end result of that effort will be filling the stands. To me it doesn't make sense to not build a stadium that allows for the fanbase to grow.

SoonerMarkVA
11/30/2010, 09:08 AM

This guy deserves an award. Maybe he's on his way to matriculating to an OU fan.

CobraKai
11/30/2010, 09:40 AM

Wow. That guy summed it up perfectly.

SoonerPr8r
11/30/2010, 09:44 AM
I will say that Pickens has helped them a lot. Their facilities have vastly improved over the years. Even with his money they sill don't have the tradition or the amount of fans that OU has. You can build a huge amazing stadium, but if there aren't enough fans to fill it, it detracts from the concept.

Maybe it's a lack of winning, but they just don't have a ton of fans except for the one OU-OSU game each year. I'm willing to bet a lot of those wearing orange aren't true OSU fans, but they just hate OU and the success they have had.

Perhaps there aren't enough fans to go around in Oklahoma. OU has most of the market cornered with the locals around here and the new OSU fans are born into poke families or the result of rooting for the underdog in the teenage years. There are only so many people in Oklahoma and most other states around us have college teams with long traditions or NFL teams or both. Maybe they can look to the Dakotas for a satellite fan base.

boomersooner28
11/30/2010, 09:46 AM
How can you people even go near orangepower.com? I don't get it. There have probably been 10 threads started over here with links to orangepower. Why do you all care what the tards think? :confused:

budbarrybob
11/30/2010, 10:10 AM
Little Brother's place: Mythbusters (http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html)

Boone Pickens stadium... a polished turd.

TopDawg
11/30/2010, 10:57 AM
Sooner04 told me this stat yesterday:

OSU has gone 10-2 four times in their history (1984, 1987, 1988, 2010). They lost to the same two teams each time.

Their best is never quite good enough. At least Nebraska is leaving. Now maybe they can start going 11-1.

BoomerJack
11/30/2010, 12:25 PM
Their best is never quite good enough. At least Nebraska is leaving. Now maybe they can start going 11-1.

They'll just choke against somebody else. Missouri comes to mind.

WichitaSooner
11/30/2010, 12:45 PM

Let's go ahead and drop that "at least to some extent." OU would be in the SEC next year if they would have taken OSU as well. But, they wouldn't, so here we are.

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 12:46 PM
Sooner04 told me this stat yesterday:

OSU has gone 10-2 four times in their history (1984, 1987, 1988, 2010). They lost to the same two teams each time.

That is ripe for a sig...anyone?

HBick
11/30/2010, 01:21 PM
This. We're Tier 1 now, and our endowment is rapidly approaching $1 billion. I wouldn't be surprised if we were invited to the AAU within the next 5-10 years. The Tech/OSU diss did not emanate from the Pac-10, but rather the governor of Misery.

This needs to be posted again.

Sooner_Tuf
11/30/2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/11553466.jpg

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/982I6vVB/1050124.jpg

OHHH GAWD!!! OHHH...PLEASE....STOP....PLEASE...I...CAN'T...CATC H MY....BREATH!!!!

He must be thinking of AA or maybe it is a different AAU he is refering to. :eek:

MichiganSooner
11/30/2010, 07:58 PM
How about this to open up an orangepower meltdown thread. The poor guy sounds like he is depressed.

It's blowing golden opportunities just like this that costs us the national respect we so desperately crave.

We screw it up not only once but several times.

We were behind all night long in our house.

We were beaten by the better team. The reason they were better is that we made them better.
No pressure on Jones allowed him to throw for a CAREER BEST!!

Why is it we always allow other teams their BEST GAMES EVER against us?!

Granted, we had a very memorable year to put us in a position, the best position to win a division and possibly and conference crown, yet we can't finish.

I'm proud of what we accomplished, but to go out like this, once again to an ou team that we should have beaten.

Last year was a complete sh*t ou team and we get blown out.

This year we had a remarkable team all year, but we blow it with our worst offensive show and then allow them their best.

It's things like this is exactly why the pundits and sportscasters don't show us respect.
This is exactly why we have to listen to those gooner dirtbags on the radio belittle us for another year.

Because we choked.
Again.

To leave on a more positive note, we aren't choking as often, but just to the same damn freakin' gooners.

AND A GREAT RESPONSE:

You pretty much nailed it. The pokes suck, can't argue that.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110339

mdklatt
11/30/2010, 10:21 PM
We're Tier 1 now

All of our fans are alumni.

We should of beat the gooners. I can't stand loosing to them.

Pick any two of these.

mdklatt
11/30/2010, 10:24 PM
How can you people even go near orangepower.com? I don't get it,

Why do you hate laughter?

mdklatt
11/30/2010, 11:05 PM
Not to be snippy, but you don't really expect to beat * every year.

There's a difference between expecting to beat * in any given year and expecting to beat them in all years. ;)

mdklatt
11/30/2010, 11:18 PM
I missed this the first time through:

The Big East probably wouldn't hesitate to take us. ... [W]e'd be one of the top football teams in the conference. I would look forward to a deal from them if it ever happened.

What's funnier, the desire to join the Big East or the realization that they wouldn't even be the dominant team in that dumpster fire?

Does the Big East have wrasslin'? That would certainly be a deal-breaker.

stoopified
11/30/2010, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE=Soonermagik;3 they just hate OU and the success they have had.[/QUOTE]That IS the definition of the majority of Puke fans.They get more joy out of an OU loss than an osu win.