PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss next season for OU

mikee likee
11/29/2010, 10:38 PM
This not a Poke "wit till next year" thread but a look at who is coming back. I am thinking about the running back and defensive line mainly. What depth will we have and who will shine?

bssooner
11/29/2010, 11:13 PM
We will have outstanding depth.

Offensive will be better. If Broyles comes back, we will be outstanding at receiver. Miller back healthy, and Stills a sophomore. Plus recruit Metoyer (sp?) Jones another year older. O-Line older. Gone will be Murray, which will sting...but with #22, Clay, etc. we should be solid. Wish we had another year with Kenny too. Overall, offense should be improved.

Defense better but lose Beal, Nelson and Carter - all studs. D-Line was weakness and hopefully we get better play from younger guys. I think we should be about the same on D next year overall though.

Tigeman
11/29/2010, 11:22 PM
Alotttt depends on the NFL talks/lockout.

T Lewis and broyles could go or stay. Sucks losing Beal, but we'll be ok, and the young blood will get their shot. Sometimes the guy sitting on the bench is a star waiting to shine!

Demarco and Quinton Carter are gonna hurt the most I think.

We actually only have like 5 starters that are Seniors if I remember right...

Mensik, Murray, QC, Nelson, and Beal.

So 2 on offense and 3 on D. But like I said it depends on the NFL.

I'm REALLY excited for next year though.

As for Demarco leaving, I'm really thinking Brandon Williams is gonna come in and step right in where Demarco left off. Think Demarco his freshman year and blowing the doors off people.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 11:25 PM
never count on a freshman

The good thing is that our freshman class this year set a new standard of busting their azz so hopefully that trickles down

85sooners
11/29/2010, 11:26 PM
:pop:

oulucas
11/29/2010, 11:31 PM
I really think D-Line is going to be the important position for us next year. We lose some people and I'm not sure we have the depth at this point. Is it possible we get some J.C. guys in that area?

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 11:40 PM

The good thing is that our freshman class this year set a new standard of busting their azz so hopefully that trickles down

Yep. There is still tons of buzz here over Finch and yet he has not shown much since his debut in the ISU game. I do think he'll be really good, but he looks very much like a freshman now and is too impatient and not seeing things develop. Spring/fall camp (plus bowl prep) will have him ready.

The trio of DM/Beal/Broyles will *really* be missed (hope I'm wrong about Broyles, but I assume he's gone). I don't see us replacing DM's versatility and we'll have to adjust the scheme without him. I can't say replacing Taylor is a huge task because we never really had him this year - at least not close to his capability, so we were faced with that challenge this year. McFarland/Noble/Walker will be a good base and I think McGee comes back?

Don't forget Jonathon Miller at RB - he showed a lot before he got hurt last year and should be 100%. I think Clay looks pretty good right now when we've given him a chance.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 11:44 PM
:pop:

:eddie:

Boomer!!
11/30/2010, 12:56 AM
Geneo Grissom = Freshman All American

Bank on it ;)

Tigeman
11/30/2010, 12:57 AM

Your right... but you can be excited to see them!

Like I was w/ Stills and Finch! That turned out well!

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 12:57 AM
I hope Broyles stay!!!! that'd be the shizzz

thecynic
11/30/2010, 02:02 AM
I wouldn't count on Broyles staying, T Lewis maybe but it's highly unlikely that Broyles stays.

allanace16
11/30/2010, 02:36 AM
The question with Ryan B is "Do I feel like there's nowhere for me to go but down?" Cause assuming no lockout, this year is pretty receiver-heavy, there's probably 3-4 guys I'd think would be locks to be ahead of him just on the typical NFL measurables deal. I think he'd have a better shot at a higher pick next year, but again, that's a no-lockout scenario.

oudavid1
11/30/2010, 02:40 AM
Dline Dline Dline Dline Dline DLine DLine

yermom
11/30/2010, 02:45 AM
if we can get out of Tallahassee with a win, we'll be looking good

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 12:59 PM
The question with Ryan B is "Do I feel like there's nowhere for me to go but down?" Cause assuming no lockout, this year is pretty receiver-heavy, there's probably 3-4 guys I'd think would be locks to be ahead of him just on the typical NFL measurables deal. I think he'd have a better shot at a higher pick next year, but again, that's a no-lockout scenario.

This^, I think Broyles will be back but Lewis gone for sure IMO.

Starting to wonder how our incoming Freshmen class is looking, time to head over to the recruiting board.

adoniijahsooner
11/30/2010, 01:18 PM
People are saying that the incoming class could be just as good as this class.
Stoops has also said some of the freshman who have not played are really good as well. Iron sharpens iron, and there is too much competition for anybody to take it easy in practice; just look at Jaz.

Tigeman
11/30/2010, 03:57 PM
if we can get out of Tallahassee with a win, we'll be looking good

Yep, but Ponder won't be there either. So breaking in a new QB could be tough for them. Of course he also cost them a few games this year...lol.

Actually having to go to freaking Stoolwater again is a big blow next year, as we'll have A&M and Mizzou at home.

Other than the Stoolwater trip, our schedule next year sets up quite nicely for a mNCG appearance, with TX being down and FSU breaking in a new QB. Our SOS will be strong and most of our tough games are at home.

Collier11
11/30/2010, 04:01 PM
Ponder is only a JR I think, plus their backup is a mobile QB with a big arm

jumperstop
11/30/2010, 04:05 PM
Ponder is only a JR I think, plus their backup is a mobile QB with a big arm

He's a senior

SunnySooner
11/30/2010, 04:07 PM
I'm so impressed with some of our little baby freshmen, I can't wait to see how they look after full spring and summer practices under their belts. Jefferson, Stills, Finch, Clay, etc. are going to be total studs next year and the year after.

I hope we win out this year, including a Fiesta Bowl trophy, and then build from there. Either way, I see us kicking some serious tail next year.

Damn, this is going to be a long off-season. :(