PDA

View Full Version : Bradford...

Soonerjeepman
11/29/2010, 08:55 PM
the last 6 weeks...11 TD's 1 interception....looking good...

I think he is really getting in a groove and much more comfortable with the game speed...

He and Blake are GREAT ambassadors for the university!

DarrellZero
11/29/2010, 08:56 PM
How's Jimmy Clausen doing? :D

Widescreen
11/29/2010, 08:59 PM
Clausen's moonlighting at Cinnebon on Saturdays.

usaosooner
11/29/2010, 09:11 PM
I agree with OP, those two are amazing for this University

VA Sooner
11/29/2010, 09:24 PM
I think McShay and Kiper should get together again and re-review their picks for best quarterback last April. I can picture a vein popping out of Kiper's head in mid-sentence.

AlboSooner
11/29/2010, 09:29 PM
but..but...jim traber and a host of people would pick Tebow to lead their team.

Football Jim
11/29/2010, 10:01 PM
Good for Bradford. He keeps this up and he is set!

85sooners
11/29/2010, 11:25 PM
:cool:

sperry
11/29/2010, 11:53 PM
Good for Bradford. He keeps this up and he is set!

I think he's set no matter what he does. $50 million guaranteed tends to do that.

Easting
11/29/2010, 11:54 PM
Is Clayton hurt? Didn't see him Sunday (but I was in and out trying to watch)

kelloggOUballa
11/30/2010, 12:02 AM
Sam, Blake, and that No. 28 guy in Minnesota. He's pretty decent as well. Boomer Sooner!

SOONER STEAKER
11/30/2010, 12:09 AM
Sam's making us proud. Just don't see Sam with a beard.

Harry Beanbag
11/30/2010, 12:10 AM
Is Clayton hurt? Didn't see him Sunday (but I was in and out trying to watch)

Clayton blew out his knee like two months ago.

Boooom!
11/30/2010, 12:50 AM
but..but...jim traber and a host of people would pick Tebow to lead their team.

Tebow gave Bradford a gracious 'congrats' after the game on Sunday......

Sooner70
11/30/2010, 06:50 AM
They love him in STL. My daughter goes to school there & when I visit, I read the papers. Even in preseason when they lost, the sports writers blamed it on the OL, not Sam. They kept saying if somebody could figger out how to give Sam a little protection/time, good things could happen for STL. Appears it's happening. Also, Sam's accessible to the media & has really made a positive impression. They really like Sam there. Those folks are hungry for a winner, and they've landed one.

swardboy
11/30/2010, 08:17 AM
With Danario Alexander back in the line-up, it's lights out for Sam. It gives him a legitimate deep threat and opens up every receiver. A lot of his 300 yards passing last Sunday were to tight ends. He's much more of a downfield passer with the deep threat in place, instead of dink and dunk.

I think St. Louis has done a great job of bringing him along, just wish the OC would keep it wide open throughout the game. They even go no-huddle and it's awesome with Sam...he's at his best with it. I will not be surprised if they win that weak NFC west division and step into the playoffs.

Soonerwake
11/30/2010, 08:49 AM
NFL and NBA Rookie of the Year in the same year...:D

soonerbrat
11/30/2010, 08:57 AM
one of my coworkers has a cousin in STL and after every Rams game she calls and leaves a messages and sings about "We love our Sammy Sammy Sammy Sam Sammy"

I wish I could sing it for you, it was hilarious. i don't remember all the words, but you get the gist

ouleaf
11/30/2010, 09:46 AM
Sam's definitely developed a nice connection with Amendola and his different TE's.

rekamrettuB
11/30/2010, 09:48 AM
the last 6 weeks...11 TD's 1 interception....looking good...

Consider this too...that 1 INT was a shuffle/shuttle pass where his receiver ran into an OL and wasn't where he was supposed to be. Unfortunately it pretty much cost them the game as they lost in OT to San Fran.

5thYearSooner
12/1/2010, 02:55 PM
153 Consecutive Pass attempts without an interception! A new NFL rookie record!

agoo758
12/1/2010, 03:12 PM
Rebirth of the greatest show on turf perhaps?

LiveLaughLove
12/1/2010, 03:21 PM
...seems like he DOESN'T suck.

Widescreen
12/1/2010, 03:37 PM
He's no Ryan Leaf, that's for sure.

stoopified
12/1/2010, 05:49 PM
I ran a thread here a couple of days ago comparing Sam's rookie season to those of Aikma,Young,Stafford,Elway,eli, and Peyton and he is ahead of all but Peyton.P.Manning ended up with 3,739 yards and 26TDs,but he did have 28 picks as well.With 17 TDs,9 picks and 2466 yards,Sam should have a shot at all those marks except the picks(barring total collapse).In other words Sam is not just good but future HOF potential.

cyclonesooner
12/1/2010, 06:21 PM
What I could never understand was why no NFL team drafted Danario Alexander ??????

Soonerjeepman
12/1/2010, 06:50 PM
Sam, Blake, and that No. 28 guy in Minnesota. He's pretty decent as well. Boomer Sooner!

duh...how could I forget AD...

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2010, 10:53 PM
153 Consecutive Pass attempts without an interception! A new NFL rookie record!

He's halfway to the overall record (308, set by Bernie Kosar). Can he do it?

(No, I guess he can't.) :D

BTW, wiki has the record at 169 passes, not 153. Was 152 the previous mark?

C&CDean
12/1/2010, 10:58 PM
I bet if I search hard I could find several threads on here with posters bitching about Bradford. They're the same morons who bitch about Landry/Wilson/Venables/Stoops. Which only proves my point your honor. Haters are gonna hate. My only problem is later on they act like they actually supported their guys. Meh.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2010, 11:07 PM
I bet if I search hard I could find several threads on here with posters bitching about Bradford. They're the same morons who bitch about Landry/Wilson/Venables/Stoops. Which only proves my point your honor. Haters are gonna hate. My only problem is later on they act like they actually supported their guys. Meh.

I dunno, Dean. Since Sam Bradford never threw an INT, how could the fans have ever complained about him?

If our previous QB had been G.G., we would be carving Landry Jones love letters in the turf.

And if you don't think fan expectations drive this, consider that Josh Heupel threw 14 INTs.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:08 PM
What I could never understand was why no NFL team drafted Danario Alexander ??????

His injury history. He's torn 3 knee ligaments and he was injured at the time of the Combine/Draft. But if he stays healthy, he will be a great target for Sam.

People who constantly bitch about the bitchers are just as annoying.

C&CDean
12/1/2010, 11:22 PM

I can only ****ing hope so, cause those bitchers have worn me slick.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2010, 11:25 PM

Quit yer bitching.

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:33 PM
True, bitching about bitching about bitching sucks, too.

starclassic tama
12/1/2010, 11:45 PM
His injury history. He's torn 3 knee ligaments and he was injured at the time of the Combine/Draft. But if he stays healthy, he will be a great target for Sam.

what about people like you who bitch about the people who bitch about the bitchers?

silverwheels
12/1/2010, 11:50 PM
what about people like you who bitch about the people who bitch about the bitchers?

I already answered that in the post above. So quit bitching about bitching about bitching about bitching.

****, now I'm bitching about bitching about bitching about bitching about bitching. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Rickety_Syd
12/2/2010, 12:19 AM

Probably not haters. Just people giving in to knee-jerk reactions.
Everyone sucks when we lose. Everyone is awesome when we win. Typical fan stuff.

slh1234
12/2/2010, 12:27 AM
Probably not haters. Just people giving in to knee-jerk reactions.
Everyone sucks when we lose. Everyone is awesome when we win. Typical fan stuff.

One qualification: "SOME PEOPLE" believe everyone sucks when we lose and everyone is awesome when we win. Some people try to take a little more reasons and even approach, but they are usually discounted by those who believe everyone sucks when we lose and everyone is awesome when we win.

Difference of temperature of the board, vs. individuals on the board.

SoonerRoy
12/2/2010, 12:45 AM
As good as his stats are, the teams W-L improvement is even better - from one win to four (I think, don't really follow the NFL). Compare this to P. Manning of the Colts. The year before, they won 3 games. After adding him, they still won 3 games!! And this was after he set all kinds of rookie passing records.

yankee
12/2/2010, 01:51 AM
Rebirth of the greatest show on turf perhaps?

they gotta get some receivers there.

i think the most impressive thing about sam's season so far (there are many to choose from) is how little he's got to work with at the WR position. i bet STL goes out and drafts some playmakers on offense in the '11 draft, kind of like what detroit did the draft after they got stafford. lotta potential talent at WR coming out in this draft...

Knippz
12/2/2010, 03:41 AM
A certain Ryan Broyles or Demarco Murray would be great mid-first round pickup for the Rams. Either one would add a great threat and new dimension to their offense.

starclassic tama
12/2/2010, 03:44 AM
i don't think murray is first round material. i think broyles will give you first round level production, but i don't think he will be drafted that high.

Blue
12/2/2010, 04:17 AM
i don't think murray is first round material. i think broyles will give you first round level production, but i don't think he will be drafted that high.

A.J. Green or julio Jones FTW.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 07:59 AM
I'm disappointed with Gilyard's lack of development. I really thought he would be a stud but he's got a LOT of work to do.

RacerX
12/2/2010, 08:00 AM
I dunno, Dean. Since Sam Bradford never threw an INT, how could the fans have ever complained about him?

If our previous QB had been G.G., we would be carving Landry Jones love letters in the turf.

And if you don't think fan expectations drive this, consider that Josh Heupel threw 14 INTs.

Somewhere there is a thread or posts in a game thread about Bradford being a puss for not going back in the Tech game after the concussion.

"He didn't look that bad sitting on the sideline."

"How can a guy that can't suck it up and get back in there going to be the leader of this team?"

blah, blah, blah, blah. Those posts are somewhere.

Knippz
12/2/2010, 01:01 PM
Broyles goes 1st round for sure. I think Demarco goes first round as well, but doubtful before Ryan. Broyles will get drafter before Julio Jones.

AlboSooner
12/2/2010, 01:08 PM
I don't think the Rams will go for Demarco because they already have two good backs. They do need Broyles though.

Widescreen
12/2/2010, 01:19 PM
The Rams already have Amendola so I'd be surprised if they used a high round draft pick on another slot receiver.

Lawton4Life
12/2/2010, 01:29 PM
You know, I read that Brett Favre only has two games in his entire career where he has finished without an INT.

mightysooner
12/2/2010, 01:36 PM
A certain Ryan Broyles or Demarco Murray would be great mid-first round pickup for the Rams. Either one would add a great threat and new dimension to their offense.

Why would they need Murray? They have Jackson. Murray is no Jackson. I don't think he'll go in the first round either. He's too slow and he hasn't demonstrated the ability to run between the tackles with consistency. He's a third down back somebody will pick up and he'll be effective in that role.

Broyles will go first round but he'll suffer from the same thing Clayton does (being undersized ) and that's struggling with big NFL corners who play bump n run.

starclassic tama
12/2/2010, 02:32 PM
I think Demarco goes first round as well, but doubtful before Ryan. Broyles will get drafter before Julio Jones.

crimson colored glasses. no way broyles gets drafted before A.J. green or julio jones... although he could very well end up the better pro.

badger
12/2/2010, 02:37 PM
There's always a way, and in Broyes and Julio's case, it may come down to performance in combine/pro days and the fact that Julio appeared injured in the Auburn game.

I also think teams might be less willing to take receivers in the first round with the recent flops (mostly Detroit picks, yes) up top, so it's possible neither Julio nor Broyles will be first rounders. I'll defer to STEP on that call

agoo758
12/21/2010, 07:12 PM

Only a few people have the balls to do so, so it doesn't annoy me.

Eielson
12/21/2010, 07:56 PM

I think they'd be better picks in the second round.

Eielson
12/21/2010, 07:58 PM
Why would they need Murray? They have Jackson. Murray is no Jackson. I don't think he'll go in the first round either. He's too slow and he hasn't demonstrated the ability to run between the tackles with consistency. He's a third down back somebody will pick up and he'll be effective in that role.

Broyles will go first round but he'll suffer from the same thing Clayton does (being undersized ) and that's struggling with big NFL corners who play bump n run.

Jackson is basically done. Most RB's hit a steep decline at about his stage in his career, and I'm pretty sure he's about to hit it---if he hasn't already.

Eielson
12/21/2010, 08:09 PM
I don't think the Rams will go for Demarco because they already have two good backs. They do need Broyles though.

Who is the second good back?

Broyles doesn't seem like a good fit. The last thing the Rams need is another undersized WR. I'd much rather have Green, Jones, or Blackmon.

lasooner123
12/21/2010, 08:31 PM
SamS a Stud

85sooners
12/21/2010, 08:40 PM
Sam is good

SoonerDan74012
12/21/2010, 08:44 PM
I don't post much on this site but here is what I think the Rams should do.

1st Rd.: WR- The Rams are in dire need of a deep thereat at WR and I think drafting an A.J. Green or Julio Jones would help solve that. A WR corp. comprised of either of those two 1st round picks, Mark Clayton, Donnie Avery, and Danny Amendola is a solid group for Sam to work with.

2nd Rd.:- RB- Other than not having a deep threat at WR the Rams have nobody behind Steven Jackson. All of the draft projections I have seen have DeMarco going anywhere late in the 1st round to late 2nd round. I think the Rams could very easily take DeMarco here because of his versatility. Not only would the Rams solve the backup RB problem but it would give Sam a legitimate receiving threat out of the backfield and with DeMarco's ability to occasionally lineup in the slot the Rams won't have to take Steven Jackson out on third down or passing situations.

Sam Bradford
12/21/2010, 09:04 PM
My bad guys.

Sam