PDA

View Full Version : All Big 12

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 03:18 PM
How do you see the All-Big 12 1st team shaking out.

QB- Weeden or Jones (I choose Weeden, you choose Jones)
RB- Hunter
RB- Murray, Thomas, or Finley
FB- Ward or Millard (Ward has been 1st team before, Millard true fish)
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
WR- Blackmon
WR- Broyles
WR- Fuller
TE- Hanna?

Don't know about anyone else deserving.

DL- Beal
DL- Crick
DL-Acho
DL- ?
LB- Lemon
LB- Lewis
LB- Miller
LB- David
CB- Amukamaraka
CB- Williams?
S- Carter
S- Martin or someone form Texas?

People are escaping me at the moment but just wondering what you think

bigfatjerk
11/29/2010, 03:22 PM
I think I would put Collin Franklin of ISU or Agnew of Missouri at TE

fwsooner22
11/29/2010, 03:29 PM
OSU Ags better dominate the Offensive side and we better dominate the D side. Acho better be the only *.

usaosooner
11/29/2010, 03:31 PM
The Acho brothers were the only *'s worth there schollies this year

badger
11/29/2010, 03:35 PM
The OSU kicker will win the K award. I hope Tress Tress wins the P award :)

For QB, I really thought Martinez' stats would get him the award early-on, but this late season pouting/rumors/injuries/wtf going on probably means that it'll be someone else. Don't be surprised to see them get a North guy here. Maybe Mizzu's Gabbooooo?

They usually also award one for newcomer and froshie. Think our British Boz Wortworth has a shot at the freshman award? Perhaps Finchie?

MeMyself&Me
11/29/2010, 03:39 PM
They usually also award one for newcomer and froshie. Think our British Boz Wortworth has a shot at the freshman award? Perhaps Finchie?

It seems we should have a receiver that should get it before those two. But maybe that's just me.

allanace16
11/29/2010, 03:44 PM
The OSU kicker will win the K award.

Over Henery from Neb? I haven't paid that much attention to OSU's kicking game, but Henery seems like the best kicker in the country to me....

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 03:46 PM
OK MRW...honest question..Why would you pick Weeden over Jones?

badger
11/29/2010, 03:49 PM
Over Henery from Neb? I haven't paid that much attention to OSU's kicking game, but Henery seems like the best kicker in the country to me....

you might be right - i just heard repeatedly how good OSU's kicker was, haven't paid too close attention to stats on all Big 12 kickers.

That Helu Jr. guy is probably going to get recognized. They have to fit some Nebbish players in somewhere

oudavid1
11/29/2010, 03:50 PM
Alex Henry is the best K/Punter in the Big 12. he also the sexiest helmet ive ever seen. Just saying.

Okie35
11/29/2010, 04:53 PM
TE will be the one from Mizzery

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2010, 04:53 PM
i'm seriously thinking about organizing a write in campaign to keep travis lewis from getting all big 12. it sends all the wrong messages to the rest of the kids on the team.

i think tony jefferson should get votes for Freshman DPOY (although i think that goes to jeffcoat based on name).

hurst should be 1st team (will be an HM), fleming should be 3rd team (will be 2nd/3rd).

carter had a great first half of the year, a meh middle, and a great last game. not sure if anyone else has played better.

beal should be 1st team (although there is a lot of DL talent out there this year). frank alexander should be 3rd team (HM).

Reddoggie
11/29/2010, 05:01 PM
I think Dennard and Hagg from NU need to be put on there. They've been money all year, and Dennard has had a better year than Prince Amukamara.

Soonerfan88
11/29/2010, 05:09 PM
I think Gabbert will get the QB nod and Egnew is a Mackey finalist so he's a shoe-in for TE. Hunter and Helu will be the 1st RBs.

Habern might make 1st as Center. Oddly, I haven't really paid much attention to OL this year and it's usually high on my list of units to watch.

I think defensive side is where you will see a lot of different ballots.

yankee
11/29/2010, 05:15 PM

you must have forgotten about this guy...;)

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1183335/medium

yankee
11/29/2010, 05:17 PM
I think Gabbert will get the QB nod and Egnew is a Mackey finalist so he's a shoe-in for TE. Hunter and Helu will be the 1st RBs.

Habern might make 1st as Center. Oddly, I haven't really paid much attention to OL this year and it's usually high on my list of units to watch.

I think defensive side is where you will see a lot of different ballots.

gabbert doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being the 1st team Big 12 QB. solid QB, but his numbers pale in comparison to guys like Jones, Weeden, Griffin III, etc.

Okie35
11/29/2010, 05:17 PM
you must have forgotten about this guy...;)

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1183335/medium

Yea, best freshman defensive player in the country.

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 05:21 PM
i'm seriously thinking about organizing a write in campaign to keep travis lewis from getting all big 12. it sends all the wrong messages to the rest of the kids on the team.

What's the deal there? Only thing I knew about Lewis is that he talks a lot of smack.

soonergolfer
11/29/2010, 05:25 PM
OU's 1st teamers s/b - L. Jones, D. Murray, R. Broyles, J. Beal, T. Lewis, Q. Carter. maybe T. Way

Collier11
11/29/2010, 05:28 PM
How do you see the All-Big 12 1st team shaking out.

QB- Weeden or Jones (I choose Weeden, you choose Jones)
RB- Hunter
RB- Murray, Thomas, or Finley
FB- Ward or Millard (Ward has been 1st team before, Millard true fish)
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
OL-
WR- Blackmon
WR- Broyles
WR- Fuller
TE- Hanna?

Don't know about anyone else deserving.

DL- Beal
DL- Crick
DL-Acho
DL- ?
LB- Lemon
LB- Lewis
LB- Miller
LB- David
CB- Amukamaraka
CB- Williams?
S- Carter
S- Martin or someone form Texas?

People are escaping me at the moment but just wondering what you think

IMO, Quinton Carter, Beal, Fleming, Broyles and Jones should be 1st team for OU...not sure about the OL so im not gonna comment

I wish Murray was 1st team but he needs to be 2nd team behind about 2 guys unless they put him in an All Purpose position, in that case he deserves 1st team easily

85sooners
11/29/2010, 05:28 PM
:pop:

Collier11
11/29/2010, 05:30 PM
What's the deal there? Only thing I knew about Lewis is that he talks a lot of smack.

I think his point is that Lewis gets a lot of pub cus of stats and not cus he actually plays great all the time

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 05:36 PM
I think his point is that Lewis gets a lot of pub cus of stats and not cus he actually plays great all the time

Ah ok. This isn't the first time I've heard discontent with Lewis from a Sooner fan, but I never knew what the deal was.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 05:42 PM
I love Lewis and I think he is growing as a player and a leader but there have been questions about him playing hard all the time, that is the biggest gripe from what I know

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 05:43 PM
Is Gundy gonna be Coach of the Year for the Big XII?

Collier11
11/29/2010, 05:47 PM
id argue that Stoops deserves it but I wouldnt be mad if Gundy got it, he has done a terrific job

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 05:48 PM
id argue that Stoops deserves it but I wouldnt be mad if Gundy got it, he has done a terrific job

I was kidding.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 05:49 PM
well gundy is likely gonna win it, him or sherman so...

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 06:24 PM
DFOY goes to either Shaun Lewis or Tony Jefferson imo.

To STEP, I would honestly take Weeden. I think they guy had a great year and is only going to get better. OU was probably his worst game of the year. I think he has 12 int's on the year and I know for a fact that 8 came off of tipped passes

Collier11
11/29/2010, 06:25 PM
Think about what you said though, he is def gonna get better? He is 27. I know he doesnt have a ton of experience at the D1 level but the guy is as mature as you can get, not so sure that he has a lot of room to improve...?

SoonerNutt
11/29/2010, 07:04 PM
DFOY goes to either Shaun Lewis or Tony Jefferson imo.

To STEP, I would honestly take Weeden. I think they guy had a great year and is only going to get better. OU was probably his worst game of the year. I think he has 12 int's on the year and I know for a fact that 8 came off of tipped passes

In conference, Jones was better all the way around. The only thing that even puts Weeden on the same map as Jones, statistically speaking, is the insane amount of number you guys put up on the cream-puffiest schedule any BCS conference school had this year. Weeden didn't have one tough opponent on the road, and still couldn't put up better numbers.

Jones 34 TDs - 25 Big12 / 9 OOC (73% in conference)
Weeden 32 TDS - 16 Big12 / 16 OOC (50% in conference)

Jones 10 INT -7 Big12 / 3 OOC (70% in conference)
Weeden 13 INT - 10 Big / 3 OOC (76% in conference)

Jones 3947 YDS - 2726 Big12 / 1221 OOC (69% in conference)
Weeden 4037 YDS - 2711 Big12 / 1326 OOC (67% in conference)

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 07:05 PM
Freshman offense--Martinez
Freshman defense--Jefferson

Offense POY--Landry
Defense POY--Von Miller

game set match

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 07:16 PM

Offense POY--Landry
Defense POY--Von Miller

game set match

How on earth can anyone pick Miller when David at NU had a monster year? I knew NU would get screwed on the all big 12 team. Crick, David, Amukumara, Dennard should easily be 1st team and Gomes and Haag should be right there.

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 07:32 PM
Of course you're gonna get screwed you abandoned the ****ing conference--do you want a tickertape parade in Dallas or what?

Jiminy Christmas get over it

CrimsonRez
11/29/2010, 07:33 PM
Miller wouldn't start at SCLSU

bigfatjerk
11/29/2010, 07:43 PM
How on earth can anyone pick Miller when David at NU had a monster year? I knew NU would get screwed on the all big 12 team. Crick, David, Amukumara, Dennard should easily be 1st team and Gomes and Haag should be right there.

David is really good and has had a great year. But Von Miller is the biggest threat of any team on any defense in the Big 12.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2010, 07:52 PM

its a toss up to me. the biggest issue is that sacks tend to get weighted more heavily than tackles by the sportswriters. where beal is going to get pushed down is that he's been fairly quiet in big 12 games.

Football Jim
11/29/2010, 08:04 PM
The nebbish made their own bed. Many were on the fence about the Big 10 move when it was first mentioned but the nebbish media successfully created a demon and a cast of villians called the Big XII.
By the time the nebbish jumped ship their fan base was sold on the idea solidly.

Their game broadcasts will never give Big XII score updates, only big 10. All mention of the Big XII has been removed, heck even the newspapers won't give details of what games went down in the Big XII.
All we hear is whine and hate and then the expect to be treated like kings?????

I for one might recognize the senior nebbish class in the all Big XII but certainly not the underclassmen. They now have to sleep in the bed they have made.

Let the whining commence.....:bsmf: :bsmf:

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:08 PM

Offense POY--Landry
Defense POY--Von Miller

game set match

Sorry but OPOY goes to Blackmon. No denying that

oudavid1
11/29/2010, 08:17 PM
Sorry but OPOY goes to Blackmon. No denying that

Landry played like LJ in every game. And didnt get suspended either.

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 08:18 PM
Has a receiver ever won it? (too lazy to research :O)

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:19 PM

Blackmon is leading the nation in almost every receiving stat while missing a game. We'll find out in 2 weeks but Blackmon is my pick. Not to mention he's number 4 in the Heisman discussion right now

Okie35
11/29/2010, 08:20 PM

As well as LJ has been he still doesn't get that much recognition for some reason. Blackmon will get it and he's probably leaving for the NFL anyway. LJ will contend for a Heisman next year.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:22 PM
In conference, Jones was better all the way around. The only thing that even puts Weeden on the same map as Jones, statistically speaking, is the insane amount of number you guys put up on the cream-puffiest schedule any BCS conference school had this year. Weeden didn't have one tough opponent on the road, and still couldn't put up better numbers.

Wow. That actually opened up my eyes. Didn't know that. I just thought LJ sucked since I come to this board almost every day :D ;)

oudavid1
11/29/2010, 08:22 PM
Blackmon is leading the nation in almost every receiving stat while missing a game. We'll find out in 2 weeks but Blackmon is my pick. Not to mention he's number 4 in the Heisman discussion right now

good argument. Blackmon wins. But hes still ugly.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:24 PM
As well as LJ has been he still doesn't get that much recognition for some reason. Blackmon will get it and he's probably leaving for the NFL anyway. LJ will contend for a Heisman next year.

Blackmon isn't leaving I promise. With the lockout most likely and he can improve. Not to mention Julio and AJ are the top 2 receivers for the draft right now.

picasso
11/29/2010, 08:25 PM

And that's without the mastermind of Skullet Holgerson.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:25 PM
good argument. Blackmon wins. But hes still ugly.

Sound like my brethren talking about Blake Griffin :P :D

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:27 PM
And that's without the mastermind of Skullet Holgerson.

An interesting stat I would like to see is attempts a game and maybe completion percentage.

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 08:28 PM
OK I got motivated it has always been a QB or RB
sorry cowboy (gotta give Blackmon his props tho--dude is sick)

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:34 PM
OK I got motivated it has always been a QB or RB
sorry cowboy (gotta give Blackmon his props tho--dude is sick)

I figured it was always a QB or RB but sometime a streak has to be broken. This year would be an excellent year for it with the way Blackmon played. I think he also set an NCAA record for most consecutive games with 100 yards and games with a touchdown if I'm not mistaken

setem
11/29/2010, 08:37 PM
If you ask me Neb should not get a damn person on the All-Big XII list! They are not in this conference anymore! You they jumped ship and should do so empty handed!

Blackmon got suspended and that should be a reason for denying him the Oplayer of the year!

I would like to see someone from OU get it but as long as that drunk **** does not get it I will will be happy!

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 08:40 PM
If you ask me Neb should not get a damn person on the All-Big XII list! They are not in this conference anymore! You they jumped ship and should do so empty handed!

Blackmon got suspended and that should be a reason for denying him the Oplayer of the year!

I would like to see someone from OU get it but as long as that drunk **** does not get it I will will be happy!

No one knows if he was drunk though. We can all make assumptions but no one knows but him and the other 3. In Texas you can get a DUI for just smelling like alcohol. The guy was easily the best player in the Big 12 this year and very deserving. One bad decision shouldn't cost him that award. He was punished enough

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 09:19 PM
Of course you're gonna get screwed you abandoned the ****ing conference--do you want a tickertape parade in Dallas or what?

Jiminy Christmas get over it

Another answer using your brain............oh wait, you dont have one.

CrimsonRez
11/29/2010, 09:46 PM
Another answer using your brain............oh wait, you dont have one.

He's living and breathing and typing, he has to have a brain...what an idiot this guy.... :D

VA Sooner
11/29/2010, 10:43 PM
Cowboy, I like your list so far. I'm shocked that I can't put any O-linemen in there for you. Only one Longhorn is worthy of the list and that's S. Acho who will be playing on Sundays.

Blackmon for OPOY... he's a beast and worthy of selection. Still have to go with Broyles though... especially what he's done in spite of the other talent on the field. Argument could be that Blackmon carried all of the other receivers though... he's a playmaker.

Only one running back from an opposing team gives me pause and makes me nervous... Darren Sproles. Still can't figure out how the little guy got through our d-line time and time again in 2003. Other than that... can't recall any other homerun threats.

O-linemen... that's why they are so highly regarded early in the NFL draft but not bragged about when chosen.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 10:51 PM
Cowboy, I like your list so far. I'm shocked that I can't put any O-linemen in there for you. Only one Longhorn is worthy of the list and that's S. Acho who will be playing on Sundays.

Blackmon for OPOY... he's a beast and worthy of selection. Still have to go with Broyles though... especially what he's done in spite of the other talent on the field. Argument could be that Blackmon carried all of the other receivers though... he's a playmaker.

Only one running back from an opposing team gives me pause and makes me nervous... Darren Sproles. Still can't figure out how the little guy got through our d-line time and time again in 2003. Other than that... can't recall any other homerun threats.

O-linemen... that's why they are so highly regarded early in the NFL draft but not bragged about when chosen.

The only O-lineman i know that will be on there is the one from Colorado. I'm sure both OU and OSU will get one on there and from there I don't know.
I can see both arguments for OPOY. I think that it's between Blackmon, Broyles, and Jones for sure though

fwsooner22
11/30/2010, 12:46 PM
Suspended for drunk driving and we don't know if he was drinking. Only an aggie. Seriously that is hilarious.

badger
11/30/2010, 12:48 PM
Wow. That actually opened up my eyes. Didn't know that. I just thought LJ sucked since I come to this board almost every day :D ;)

What, don't you find the nickname "F---up" endearing? ;)

He only sucks compared to Sam... but everyone sucks compared to Sam. There is Sam, and then there is sucks. Therefore, F---up sucks. ;)

CowboyMRW
11/30/2010, 12:56 PM
Suspended for drunk driving and we don't know if he was drinking. Only an aggie. Seriously that is hilarious.

He wasn't suspended for drunk driving. It was a dui which if you know texas law all they have to have is concern and the person be 21 and BAM a dui. Also, it's not a felony in texas. It was the same as a minor traffic ticket. Texas DUI laws are much different that Oklahoma laws. Again no one knows if he was drunk but himself and the other 3 in the car with him

badger
11/30/2010, 01:00 PM
Cowboy, you're a wonderful resident opposing fan and it's fun talking with you and your orange-shaded glasses, but if you could slightly peer over the orange specs for a second, Blackmon would not have refused a breathalyzer if he was sober. We can pretty much say with 100 percent certainty that Blackmon was underage and drinking. Drunk? Maybe not, but unless he was at a church service drinking communion wine, he should not have touched alcohol as a minor.

CowboyMRW
11/30/2010, 01:08 PM
Cowboy, you're a wonderful resident opposing fan and it's fun talking with you and your orange-shaded glasses, but if you could slightly peer over the orange specs for a second, Blackmon would not have refused a breathalyzer if he was sober. We can pretty much say with 100 percent certainty that Blackmon was underage and drinking. Drunk? Maybe not, but unless he was at a church service drinking communion wine, he should not have touched alcohol as a minor.

Ok ok. I like to believe in the best of people in situations though. Who's to say that after the game they didn't go to a catholic service though and ask God to please help the Cowboys out because they are awful this year lol:D
I didn't think he refused the breathalyzer. Anyways, enough of this incident. I spent a lot of time backing him up the week that it happened over on this site so yall know how I feel about it. Anyways here's a good article about him. http://blog.newsok.com/jennicarlson/2010/11/30/blackmon-and-a-sooner-an-untold-bedlam-tale/

Sooner_Tuf
11/30/2010, 04:52 PM
He wasn't suspended for drunk driving. It was a dui which if you know texas law all they have to have is concern and the person be 21 and BAM a dui. Also, it's not a felony in texas. It was the same as a minor traffic ticket. Texas DUI laws are much different that Oklahoma laws. Again no one knows if he was drunk but himself and the other 3 in the car with him

There is a policeman somewhere in this equation. Why were they even pulled over? 94 mph was it? What time was it you say? 3-4 o'clock in the morning?

Let's see four young guys going 94 mph, in town, at three o'clock in the morning. Yeah it would really unreasonable to assume there was alcohol involved in a situation like that because Texas DUI Laws are different, you know.

http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/automotive-law/dui.php