PDA

View Full Version : Kenney or Stevens?

badger
11/29/2010, 01:53 PM
Vote - who are you more proud of for their breakout performances on Saturday?

Cameron Kenney, whose didn't even start and might not have played much at all if our wide receivers didn't get the early-game dropsies, whose two TD performance lifted us in the second half?
http://i54.tinypic.com/dy4zdh.png

Or Jimmy Stevens, who lost his starting job in the offseason, but earned it back to go 3 for 3 on field goals in the fourth quarter (4 for 4 overall, plus all those extra points to score 17 points total Saturday), which were desperately needed in a close second half?
http://i52.tinypic.com/1j7tr4.png

Anonymous poll, so go ahead and vote honestly :)

usaosooner
11/29/2010, 01:56 PM
Voted for Kenney.. Stevens hasn't been that bad this year.. Kenney disappeared after FSU

OULenexaman
11/29/2010, 01:57 PM
that picture of Stevens looks farked......unless he really is 4' 5".

badger
11/29/2010, 01:59 PM
that picture of Stevens looks farked......unless he really is 4' 5".

both pics are off tulsaworld.com from their slideshow here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/slides.aspx) there's another awesome one of kenney in there. Kickers just look short in uniform I guess :)

thecynic
11/29/2010, 01:59 PM
I can't vote for anyone that is 4'2" and has a gut that big

badger
11/29/2010, 02:01 PM
I should have probably included Hanna too... ah well. Next game!

OULenexaman
11/29/2010, 02:02 PM
both pics are off tulsaworld.com from their slideshow here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2010/slideshows/OU-OSUFootball2010/index.aspx) there's another awesome one of kenney in there. Kickers just look short in uniform I guess :)

We're sorry, the page you are looking for has been removed. Please check to make sure the URL is correct and try again.
:confused:

badger
11/29/2010, 02:07 PM
We're sorry, the page you are looking for has been removed. Please check to make sure the URL is correct and try again.
:confused:
what the eff... so weird, not letting me link it.

try this page? (http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/slides.aspx)

Okie35
11/29/2010, 02:08 PM
Kenney easily both were amazing though

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2010, 02:08 PM
Jimmy Stevens. Yes, those kicks SHOULD be made and we SHOULDN'T have to praise him for that kind of stuff, but that's not the case for the past few years. Jimmy Stevens in is a rhythm. Is he going to hit from beyond 45? No. He never will. But he has never been so accurate and confident as he is right now.

Cam Kenney had a great catch for the first touchdown but on the second one all the credit goes to the OC for a great, ballsy, totally unexpected call.

Props to Hanna for being clutch too.

But the player of the game to me was DeMarco Murray. His pure strength and desire alone willed us to some first downs in the first half where we dominated the Pokes

badger
11/29/2010, 02:11 PM
DM is always awesome - I just chose those to because (a) Cameron Kenney was the receiver everyone always expected to the drop the ball earlier this season/last season and (b) Just admit it everybody - you were worried everytime Jimmy's number got called that he was going to miss/Pokes were going to block/stupid fake or pooch kick call. Unless I'm mistaken, Kenney caught every ball thrown his way and Stevens was perfect.

tcrb
11/29/2010, 02:30 PM
I think Kenny was 6 of 7 for 141 yards and 2 td. A pretty good night for any receiver.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 02:32 PM
kenney all the way

humblesooner
11/29/2010, 02:34 PM
Voted for Kenney.. Stevens hasn't been that bad this year.. Kenney disappeared after FSU

THIS.

oumartin
11/29/2010, 02:34 PM
I think that little pudge on Jimmy has finally got him swingin' his leg with great balance. If he could put that extra weight behind his kicks he could be good from 45 plus.

Looks like he has been hittin' the booze and hangin' with the coeds

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 02:35 PM
when your that small, every meal shows..just thanksgiving dinner sittin on his belly

winout
11/29/2010, 02:36 PM
Loved how Kenney did the fist pump before getting the second leg down on the first TD.

ocsooner
11/29/2010, 02:37 PM
I voted Kenney because Stevens did what I would have expected, Kinney took a couple of good throws and really made something out of them. The FGs were critical, but they were short enough that any other year (a few years ago) we would have been kicking the turf in frustration because we settled for 3 instead of being elated that we actually made the field goals.

Those last two touchdowns were as much a ballsy call by the OC as they were exectued by the players!

oumartin
11/29/2010, 02:41 PM
well if Jimmy would stand up straight too his belly wouldn't look quite like that.

badger
11/29/2010, 02:43 PM
I see we have a bunch of Kenney fans. Does this mean I'm allowed to post him as my avatar again?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/29/2010, 02:45 PM
I see we have a bunch of Kenney fans. Does this mean I'm allowed to post him as my avatar again?

ARE YOU TRYING TO JINX HIM??!!! NOOOOO!

Mississippi Sooner
11/29/2010, 02:47 PM
The thing that amazed me about the touchdowns that both Kenney and Hanna scored was the burst of speed that they both showed. I didn't think either of them had that in them. I mean, we are talking Ess Eee Cee speed here, folks!

OULenexaman
11/29/2010, 03:02 PM
faster than Duck speed....

badger
11/29/2010, 03:15 PM
Regardless of who you all vote for (WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY?!) it was absolutely fabulous seeing more guys contributing than the usual culprits. It truly was a team effort.

Oh... and if Stoops had a vote, here's how he would have voted:

"Jimmy Stevens got the first game ball," OU coach Bob Stoops said.

"I told him he was the biggest difference in the game. I'm really proud of Jimmy to have hung in there through the year the way he has."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101129_92_B4_CUTLIN200811&archive=yes

Jimmy tied the record for most points scored by a kicker (17) in a single game... previously set in the 65-13 Texas beatdown by Trey DiCarlo. He is now 7 for 7 in his past two games for field goals. So now, I must once again ask...

WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 03:47 PM
I've said it before - Jimmy Stevens is the man.

"Men want to be him; women want to be with him. He is the most interesting kicker in the world."

allanace16
11/29/2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I'll give JIMMAH his props, cause I was waiting on the heartbreak moment, but he kept producing in the clutch.

cvsooner
11/29/2010, 03:51 PM
I already had love for Jimmy. His field goal percentage has been quite good. He's gotten an unfair rap over the (relatively) few misses he's had...and some of his makes have been ugly. But it's for good reason he's number 11 on the all time scoring list ahead of the likes of Adrian Peterson and Joe Washington.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 03:54 PM
Regardless of who you all vote for (WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY?!) it was absolutely fabulous seeing more guys contributing than the usual culprits. It truly was a team effort.

Oh... and if Stoops had a vote, here's how he would have voted:

Jimmy tied the record for most points scored by a kicker (17) in a single game... previously set in the 65-13 Texas beatdown by Trey DiCarlo. He is now 7 for 7 in his past two games for field goals. So now, I must once again ask...

WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY WHY NO LOVE FOR JIMMY

because none of those kicks were spectacular by any means? he did what any on scholarship kicker should do in those situations?

SoonerStud615
11/29/2010, 04:01 PM
17 > 12

NormanPride
11/29/2010, 04:01 PM
Like the one from Boise State?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 04:02 PM
yup...or our guys throughout the year...

btw..Im just foolish enough to believe that OU should have a better kicker than boise..

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 04:04 PM
because none of those kicks were spectacular by any means? he did what any on scholarship kicker should do in those situations?

That's a jaded way to look at it. All 4 kicks were right down the middle. I know they were all short distance but they would have been good from 33 or even 34 yards out!! :)

Jimmy Stevens is a 5'6" solid block of chiseled granite*!!

*okay, 5'5" and maybe he should do a few crunches to tone that granite belly.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 04:08 PM
That's a jaded way to look at it. All 4 kicks were right down the middle. I know they were all short distance but they would have been good from 33 or even 34 yards out!! :)

:D

29,24,31,26...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

BTW, another reason I still vote for Kenney...he can kick FGs and punt also.....I don't think stevens is going to outrun anyone

thecynic
11/29/2010, 04:09 PM
If one of those kicks had been near 40 maybe I'd vote for Stevens. As it stands I have no confidence he can make a kick outside of 30 yards. I think his long for Sat. night was 31 which is just at the edge of his range.
props on the beer gut though, he's obviously having some fun times in college.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 04:14 PM
I kid about Stevens, but I love that he has come up clutch the last 2 games. Look back at that 30 yarder against Mizzou and then look at the last 7 kicks. He has shown mental toughness to put that behind him. The way I look at it, he has won the job and is doing his best. It's some combination of recruiting and/or coaching that explains why we don't have a star kicker in the fold - it's not Jimmy's fault.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 04:35 PM
no its not his fault is doesn't have the leg the coaches that recruited him thought he had....hopefully they learned their lesson

ouleaf
11/29/2010, 05:32 PM
We finally saw why Kenney was a starter at the beginning of the year. Trey Franks had a couple bad plays, and Kenney stepped up big time and let his athleticism shine. He's a dangerous, dangerous weapon to have when he can hold on to the ball.

85sooners
11/29/2010, 05:34 PM
kenney because stevens should make those short kicks in his sleep

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 05:35 PM
Kenney is also a big strong guy and a good blocker. Our smoke screen became ineffective as soon as Franks started playing and I saw multiple plays where he either whiffed on the block or wasn't strong enough to hold it.

Soonerfan88
11/29/2010, 05:40 PM
I've always had some love for Little Jimmy so I wasn't as shocked as most over his performance Saturday. Cam, however, jaw on the floor most of the night that he actually made those catches. We don't call him skillet hands for nothing.

cccasooner2
11/29/2010, 09:46 PM
Like the one from Boise State?

Or the Cal kicker, he missed a 29 yd to let the Ducks off the hook. 15-13.

boomermagic
11/29/2010, 09:54 PM
Kenney

PalmBeachSooner
11/29/2010, 10:12 PM
Steven's definitely came through and you could make an argument that hitting those 4FG's was just as much as difference maker as the two long TDs at the end of the game. However, it wasn't like he was splitting the uprights from 40+. That's why I voted for Kenney. I am so happy for him. I hope he has the same level of success in the last two games of the season.

It's really exciting to have Broyles, Stills, Kenney and Franks (although the last two have been inconsisten) and Hannah catching balls. Throw in Murray or Finch out of the backfield and it becomes extremely difficult to defend our passing game. I think it is safe to say that the majority of incompletions/interceptions are due to poor execution and not coverage.