PDA

View Full Version : Texas making contract ultimatums to the rest of the Big 12

BaronVonAggie
11/29/2010, 01:29 PM
Thoughts about this?

I dont see A&M agreeing to be put in a permanent subservient position by TU. It goes against our DNA. If this goes forward I would expect A&M to go to the SEC.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/nine-things-and-one-crazy-prediction-1080013.html?srcTrk=RTR_504016

OK2U
11/29/2010, 01:32 PM
6. Did you hear that Phil Fulmer was interested in the vacant Texas State football job? I was told by a Texas State insider that Oklahoma assistant Bobby Jack Wright would love the job.
hmm

badger
11/29/2010, 01:35 PM
Fact: FSN broadcasts suck in high definition, their commentary is mediocre at best and those bastards let Stacey Dales walk rather than give her the same benefits as her male counterparts.

Fact: ESPN is SEC-biased and has a bunch of Big Tenners (tenors?) on its flagship college football show, but it's high def broadcasts do not suck as much as FSN.

I'd take ESPN over FSN on broadcast quality alone, even if they usually are SEC-leaning and have Big Ten homer hosts.

If Texas really pisses you off, just beat them in football again. Feels good beating whorn, doesn't it? :D

Tech: Yes... two years ago.
Nebbish: :mad:

:D feels good man

BaronVonAggie
11/29/2010, 01:35 PM
I was talking about this:
If you're asking why ESPN is close to finalizing a deal to link up with Texas as its broadcast partner for the new Longhorn television network, for exorbitant figures perhaps approaching $15 million a year, it's because the worldwide leader is hoping to use this platform as a way to leverage with Texas' help a deal to acquire all of the Big 12's television rights that will be negotiated next spring. And, yes, we all know Texas has clout. If the other nine members of the reconfigured Big 12 don't go along, Texas hasn't minded using its power before and could easily reopen talks with the Pac-12 or go independent

As far as Fox versus ESPN I prefer ESPN thats not the issue. The issue is that TU is drafting the terms of the ESPN contract to benefit themselves over every other Big 12 team and is now saying 'sign the contract with our terms that benefit us or we're going to leave the conference'. That is unacceptable.

delhalew
11/29/2010, 01:37 PM
Thoughts about this?

I dont see A&M agreeing to be put in a permanent subservient position by TU. It goes against our DNA. If this goes forward I would expect A&M to go to the SEC.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/nine-things-and-one-crazy-prediction-1080013.html?srcTrk=RTR_504016

Lmao at the horns. Just try giving Oklahoma an ultimatum on anything.
Being a capitalist, I don't think earning revenue based on your performance is something to bitch about.

Mjcpr
11/29/2010, 01:38 PM
WTF is Texas State?

OK2U
11/29/2010, 01:40 PM
Didn't they beat Texas in a 7-on-7 competition last summer?

usaosooner
I see clouds on the horizon.. Spring is going to be fun

The Profit
WTF is Texas State?

Used to be called Southwest Texas State University. It is in San Marcos, TX, where LBJ attended college.

usaosooner
Didn't they beat Texas in a 7-on-7 competition last summer?

:D yep

TheBobbyTrain
11/29/2010, 01:41 PM
WTF is Texas State?

a university in san marcos that has a lot of very good lookin' women.

OU Engineer
11/29/2010, 01:43 PM
I was talking about this:

As far as Fox versus ESPN I prefer ESPN thats not the issue. The issue is that TU is drafting the terms of the ESPN contract to benefit themselves over every other Big 12 team and is now saying 'sign the contract with our terms that benefit us or we're going to leave the conference'. That is unacceptable.

D. Bo and Joe C. will laugh in the whorns face if they say this.

We don't need their crappy network or contract, and I'm sure the University has enough foresight to plan a couple different contingency plans after the cluster-f*%k that went on this summer.

SoonerMom2
11/29/2010, 01:46 PM
Don't see how the Big 12 survives as the rest of the schools have all had it with the Texas demands. UT never quits with the arrogance!

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 01:48 PM
D. Bo and Joe C. will laugh in the whorns face if they say this.

We don't need their crappy network or contract, and I'm sure the University has enough foresight to plan a couple different contingency plans after the cluster-f*%k that went on this summer.

Yes, if this happens again, I see things playing out very, very differently as far as how the rest of the Big12 reacts.

bluedogok
11/29/2010, 02:07 PM
Used to be called Southwest Texas State University. It is in San Marcos, TX, where LBJ attended college.
They are I-AA right now and moving up to I-A and will be in the WAC along with UT-San Antonio.

My wife went to grad school at SWT.

The
11/29/2010, 02:11 PM
OU goes independent.

I've heard from VERY reliable sources that NBC is MOAR than interested in increasing their CFB portfolio.

SoonerMarkVA
11/29/2010, 02:15 PM
Why would anyone be surprised that ut would try to strongarm the rest of the conference to fatten itself up at everyone else's expense? This is SOP for them. Going to the P-16 would have leveled the field, at least as much as is possible if you're still in the same conference as ut. This, as much as anything, is why the whole merger fell apart. Aggy just made a plausible scapegoat.

I assume we will rename the conference once CU and NU are gone. I offer "Dead Man Walking" for consideration.

delhalew
11/29/2010, 02:23 PM
OU goes independent.

I've heard from VERY reliable sources that NBC is MOAR than interested in increasing their CFB portfolio.

What better way to sit back and watch the tsunami, than as an independent. If you want a conference, take your pick.

soonerchk
11/29/2010, 02:30 PM
What better way to sit back and watch the tsunami, than as an independent. If you want a conference, take your pick.

Would we get the ND treatment in the BCS?

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 02:34 PM
They couldn't even find anyone of any caliber to play them when they had an empty slot and wanted to strengthen their schedule, once Mack learned that SOS matters.

oumartin
11/29/2010, 02:38 PM
Texas has clout after this season?

SoonerLVZ
11/29/2010, 02:42 PM
This might be stupid, but does UT still have have the power they did in the off sesaon? A 5-7 season is not alot of viewership. And before someone says "look at Notre Dame", I don't think Texas has the east coast draw like ND does.

delhalew
11/29/2010, 02:52 PM
Would we get the ND treatment in the BCS?

Yes. There is only ONE. And everyone knows it.

AlboSooner
11/29/2010, 03:19 PM
I have full faith Joe C and Boren will do what's best for OU. Texas may be able to out-smart A&M, or force their arm, but if OU wanted to raise hell, Texas would be worse for it.

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 03:25 PM
I have full faith Joe C and Boren will do what's best for OU. Texas may be able to out-smart A&M, or force their arm, but if OU wanted to raise hell, Texas would be worse for it.

Um, EXCUSE ME, Bill Byrne will do a great job of representing A&M's best interests and...oh wait. Oh sh*t.

badger
11/29/2010, 03:37 PM
Um, EXCUSE ME, Bill Byrne will do a great job of representing A&M's best interests and...oh wait. Oh sh*t.

Proud driver of a vehicle with an SEC-EDE bumper sticker, are we? ;)

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 03:41 PM
Proud driver of a vehicle with an SEC-EDE bumper sticker, are we? ;)

Oh heck no, I didn't want to go to the SEC (and still don't). I'd rather right this sinking ship as opposed to going to another conference. If we absolutely had to leave, I'd pick the Big Ten over the SEC, but might as well wish for world peace and a winning lottery ticket.

I'm glad Bill kept us out of the SEC but he's made plenty of other bonehead decisions to lose my trust.

NormanPride
11/29/2010, 03:47 PM
lol Dollar Bill

batonrougesooner
11/29/2010, 03:51 PM
Fact: FSN broadcasts suck in high definition, their commentary is mediocre at best and those bastards let Stacey Dales walk rather than give her the same benefits as her male counterparts.

I agree with you. FSN football broadcasts are very substandard. Like something the community college broadcasting club would produce.

I thought Dales left ESPN over that issue, not FSN.

Shakadoodoo
11/29/2010, 03:59 PM
Oh heck no, I didn't want to go to the SEC (and still don't). I'd rather right this sinking ship as opposed to going to another conference. If we absolutely had to leave, I'd pick the Big Ten over the SEC, but might as well wish for world peace and a winning lottery ticket.

I'm glad Bill kept us out of the SEC but he's made plenty of other bonehead decisions to lose my trust.

Big 10 would be a terrible choice for us. We would be at a disadvantage every time we played one of them at their home. Its freezing up there and we don't play in the cold that much, SEC only cares about football, basketball and Baseball so that would not be good either. I would rather add teams to what we already have.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 04:06 PM
Don't see how the Big 12 survives as the rest of the schools have all had it with the Texas demands. UT never quits with the arrogance!

The Big 12 isn't going to survive. Funny how most everyone in this confrence says NU is a traitor. Nebraska did what it had to do. Nothing good about being alligned with a greedy, self-centered U like Texas. Almost seems the 10 remaining teams in the Big 12 are scared of what life would be like without Texas.

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 04:07 PM
Big 10 would be a terrible choice for us. We would be at a disadvantage every time we played one of them at their home. Its freezing up there and we don't play in the cold that much, SEC only cares about football, basketball and Baseball so that would not be good either. I would rather add teams to what we already have.

Same. For better or worse, this conference makes the most sense. We just need to stabilize it and GET A FREAKIN' NETWORK (at least a better TV deal).

As far as SEC vs Big Ten, it's Big Ten hands down for me (although I live up here so I'm sure that makes me a little biased). I'm not so naiive to believe that infractions don't occur at some level at most programs, but the SEC seems to take it to a new level. Between that and oversigning, I don't want to be a part of it. WRT weather, it only got cold the last two weeks - it's 48 degrees right now in Chicago. Plus you wouldn't have to deal with sweltering 100+ temps at the beginning of the year, so it's a wash. If A&M kept * as its final game, we're looking at maybe one or two games in cool weather, since we'd still have some home games.

But like we said, right this ship and we don't need to worry about all of that.

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 04:09 PM
The Big 12 isn't going to survive. Funny how most everyone in this confrence says NU is a traitor. Nebraska did what it had to do. Nothing good about being alligned with a greedy, self-centered U like Texas. Almost seems the 10 remaining teams in the Big 12 are scared of what life would be like without Texas.

I don't think NU is a traitor - but I think the Big Ten is a good fit for you so it made sense. It doesn't necessarily make sense for the other teams to join a different conference. Wanting to stay in the B12 has nothing to do with Texas, everything to do with what's best for my school (and for the Sooners who agree, their school)

TheHumanAlphabet
11/29/2010, 04:15 PM

Fact: ESPN is SEC-biased and has a bunch of Big Tenners (tenors?) on its flagship college football show, but it's high def broadcasts do not suck as much as FSN.

CBS's HD broadcast beats everyone else. Much better definition and color. Don't know how, but it looks better than everyone elses.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/29/2010, 04:16 PM

Nebraska is a tool!

SoonerMom2
11/29/2010, 04:22 PM

Excuse me but anyone with Nebraska in their screen name has zero credibility IMO. Cannot wait to see you have to play at The OSU -- but then you all are more used to cold weather than the rest of us. Grew up in Ohio and if think NE is going to the Big 10 and have a voice, think again!

batonrougesooner
11/29/2010, 04:28 PM
CBS's HD broadcast beats everyone else. Much better definition and color. Don't know how, but it looks better than everyone elses.

Agreed. They do a good job with SEC football.

Scott D
11/29/2010, 04:31 PM
OU goes independent.

Other than the Grambling/Southern game, NBC has no CFB portfolio. ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2010, 04:39 PM
honestly, i don't understand why OU and Pokey State don't do a joint TV Network. since both schools have dominant sports programs that don't conflict with each other it would seem like a natural fit.

mehip
11/29/2010, 04:42 PM
begin sarcasm:

Totally didn't see this coming.

end sarcasm:

Veritas
11/29/2010, 04:43 PM
Excuse me but anyone with Nebraska in their screen name has zero credibility IMO. Cannot wait to see you have to play at The OSU -- but then you all are more used to cold weather than the rest of us. Grew up in Ohio and if think NE is going to the Big 10 and have a voice, think again!
You're right; there really isn't any way to know what voice NU will have in the Big 10. Maybe a decade from now the Huskers will be wishing they'd have stayed with the whorned devil they knew. The only way to know is to see what happens.

But this kind of deal is why Nebraska left. UNL knew the voice they had in the Big 12: none. Texas has all the voice, and it's pretty clear given the way all the other schools, OU included, toed the line that UT laid out this summer. Despite what I see claimed here on SF.com, it wasn't about wins and losses, it was about money and power.

OU had a chance to tell Austin to go **** itself this summer but that opportunity was passed by for good financial reasons. But this is the kind of bull**** the remaining members of the Big 12 are going to have to deal with from the whorns, and it ain't gonna get better.

Scott D
11/29/2010, 04:53 PM
You're right; there really isn't any way to know what voice NU will have in the Big 10. Maybe a decade from now the Huskers will be wishing they'd have stayed with the whorned devil they knew. The only way to know is to see what happens.

But this kind of deal is why Nebraska left. UNL knew the voice they had in the Big 12: none. Texas has all the voice, and it's pretty clear given the way all the other schools, OU included, toed the line that UT laid out this summer. Despite what I see claimed here on SF.com, it wasn't about wins and losses, it was about money and power.

OU had a chance to tell Austin to go **** itself this summer but that opportunity was passed by for good financial reasons. But this is the kind of bull**** the remaining members of the Big 12 are going to have to deal with from the whorns, and it ain't gonna get better.

Well to be somewhat fair, UNL didn't have a little brother school in the state to take care of when looking at the potential opportunities.

Veritas
11/29/2010, 04:57 PM
Well to be somewhat fair, UNL didn't have a little brother school in the state to take care of when looking at the potential opportunities.
100% true. I'm not bashing OU's move over the summer; they were in a crap situation and made the right decision. My hope is that in the long term OU gets away from the black hole that is Austin.

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 05:02 PM
If Texas wants to go independent they would still have to play us to get anywhere because we would be so high up in the rankings that they would need to beat us to get above us. :D

I would say "don't let the door hit ya" but then that Red River Rivalry sure is good for both schools when it comes to recruiting.

OUChampsBig12
11/29/2010, 05:03 PM
I would have liked to seen OU go to the Pac "whatever" 10/12? Texas has the money kids, what can you say? I hate Burnt Orange too!

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 05:08 PM
I liked the Big XII just the way it was. I guess I'll have to adjust to whatever happens.

HuskerFan
11/29/2010, 05:16 PM
This original article posted here should tell you all you need to know why Nebraska left the Big 12. Due to Texas, the Big 12 isn't a stable conference.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 05:37 PM
I would say "don't let the door hit ya" but then that Red River Rivalry sure is good for both schools when it comes to recruiting.

And how would you have felt if when the Big 12 formed, they put NU and Texas in the same division, effectively ending your rivalry, the way the OU NU game ended and you no longer had a rival? Fair?

Shakadoodoo
11/29/2010, 05:48 PM
And how would you have felt if when the Big 12 formed, they put NU and Texas in the same division, effectively ending your rivalry, the way the OU NU game ended and you no longer had a rival? Fair?

They should have kept playing that game every year! I hated to see it end.

OUinFLA
11/29/2010, 05:49 PM

Well, gee whiz, we always have osu as a riv......... oh, wait, I see your point.

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 05:53 PM
Well, gee whiz, we always have osu as a riv......... oh, wait, I see your point.:D

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 05:55 PM
I'm with Stoops. He said "We'll play anyone, anywhere. You want to meet us in the parking lot somewhere? Thats fine by me." :P

Scott D
11/29/2010, 06:00 PM

I would say that the Big 10 took a look at what happened there, and made sure that it didn't happen with their two division model that they unveiled in September.

Soonerfan88
11/29/2010, 06:13 PM
Boren and Castiglione made the decision that keeping the Big 12 together was right for OU and I agree with them. If forced into going elsewhere, I have confidence that they will again make the right decision for OU. If push had come to shove last summer, I believe that OU would have joined aTm in the SEC no matter where that left OSU.

I don't mind having all games on ESPN/ABC instead of Fox.

boomerinhou
11/29/2010, 06:31 PM
Boren and Castiglione made the decision that keeping the Big 12 together was right for OU and I agree with them. If forced into going elsewhere, I have confidence that they will again make the right decision for OU. If push had come to shove last summer, I believe that OU would have joined aTm in the SEC no matter where that left OSU.

I don't mind having all games on ESPN/ABC instead of Fox.

I also believe that Boren and Joe C. will make the right decisions.

But you have to remember, those big $$$ Texas is eyeing for their own network are based on ratings and viewers actually "watching" that network on a consistent basis, not just during football season. And with Longhorn football blowing up this season, those $$$ are now in jepordary. That's why Mack's face turns white during the third and fourth quarter, and it looks like he has aged 80 years after every game they lose.

A Longhorn network will cost TONS to operate. If Texas can't deliver the viewers, the plug will be pulled. That's why the football program and athletics department are in crisis mode.

Hook 'em

;)

badger
11/29/2010, 06:35 PM
Offseason arrogance made Texas everyone's prized target this year during the football season - the team everyone wanted to beat, circled on the calendar, etc. It's a distinction that usually goes to OU, so we were lucky in that regard.

I hope Texas does something stupid during the offseason again. Teams will keep that target on their arse instead of ours :D

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 07:09 PM
They should have kept playing that game every year! I hated to see it end.

EXACTLY, but they didnt, leaving NU with no natural rival, fair? I think not! Kids want to play in those games, ours was taken away. Think no OU TX to offer up every year would have hurt?

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 07:10 PM
Well, gee whiz, we always have osu as a riv......... oh, wait, I see your point.It isnt a rival when you own them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/29/2010, 07:17 PM
OU goes independent.

I've heard from VERY reliable sources that NBC is MOAR than interested in increasing their CFB portfolio.I would personally be OK with that,(punny, I know) but would be VERY surprised to see it happen.

IslandSooner
11/29/2010, 07:18 PM
I see clouds on the horizon.. Spring is going to be fun

^^^THIS^^^

TUSooner
11/29/2010, 07:23 PM

I hope Texas does something stupid during the offseason again. Teams will keep that target on their arse instead of ours :D

Now IS "the offseason" for tejas. :D :D

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 07:24 PM
OU-Nebraska had lost it's luster by the mid 90s (admittedly OUr fault). NU KSU and CU were the top teams in the Big 8 at the time. Like it or not OUr natural rival has always been texass (Sooners/Huskers was always based on the quality of the two teams/programs)

11/29/2010, 07:25 PM
honestly, i don't understand why OU and Pokey State don't do a joint TV Network. since both schools have dominant sports programs that don't conflict with each other it would seem like a natural fit.limited viewership, and too much aggy.

11/29/2010, 07:33 PM
Offseason arrogance made Texas everyone's prized target this year during the football season - the team everyone wanted to beat, circled on the calendar, etc. It's a distinction that usually goes to OU, so we were lucky in that regard.

I hope Texas does something stupid during the offseason again. Teams will keep that target on their arse instead of ours :DI sure am glad we didn't get the full amount of passion the Missouri fans have.

delhalew
11/29/2010, 08:10 PM
honestly, i don't understand why OU and Pokey State don't do a joint TV Network. since both schools have dominant sports programs that don't conflict with each other it would seem like a natural fit.

Not a bad idea.

JayhawkScott
11/29/2010, 08:59 PM
"1. If you're asking why ESPN is close to finalizing a deal to link up with Texas as its broadcast partner for the new Longhorn television network, for exorbitant figures perhaps approaching $15 million a year, it's because the worldwide leader is hoping to use this platform as a way to leverage with Texas' help a deal to acquire all of the Big 12's television rights that will be negotiated next spring. And, yes, we all know Texas has clout. If the other nine members of the reconfigured Big 12 don't go along, Texas hasn't minded using its power before and could easily reopen talks with the Pac-12 or go independent. ESPN is positioning itself for the inside track with the Big 12 and squeezing out Fox.

One very highly placed Big 12 school official told me the other nine schools are holding preliminary discussions about their own networks. To avoid Texas threatening to leave again, the opinion here is the Big 12 must be aggressive and try to strengthen itself against other assaults. That means looking to expand. The Big 12 should go after Arkansas and LSU, Arizona and Arizona State, even Notre Dame. I keep hearing Kansas is talking to the Big East. Who would blame the Jayhawks for looking, since they were nearly left out in the last realignment merry-go-round?"

This isn't the first article I've seen recently about KU talking to the Big East, but I can't fathom KU ever leaving the Big XII unless it collapses. Can we please just add two more teams so that we can get back to 12 and become a little more stable?

cdlbdd
11/29/2010, 09:00 PM
jepordary.

This is an awesome word.

the_edge
11/29/2010, 09:03 PM
WTF is Texas State?

http://thelgl.com/lifeandtimes/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/necessaryroughness.jpg

Soonerfan88
11/29/2010, 09:07 PM
The more I think about it, the better BJW as head coach of Texas State sounds. Make Jackie Shipp coach of the entire DL and bring in a dedicated Special Teams coach. The only downside would be the loss of BJW's recruiting. He is tight with a lot of Texas HS coaches and always seems to find an all-american flying under everyone's radar.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/29/2010, 09:13 PM
OU-Nebraska had lost it's luster by the mid 90s (admittedly OUr fault). NU KSU and CU were the top teams in the Big 8 at the time. Like it or not OUr natural rival has always been texass (Sooners/Huskers was always based on the quality of the two teams/programs)

So, we'll just kill one of the nations best all time rivalries? OU NU meant ten times more than OU tx ever did. Just because one team hit a skid doesnt mean we should kill it. Butt *** stupid. Again, how would you have felt if tx was taken away? Use your brain there.

soonerbub
11/29/2010, 09:26 PM
OU-texass is a special series and has been for over 80 years. OU-Nebraska took off in '71 on the national scene and was basically the Big 8 championship game (not saying it was not a special game)

The point I always made was that we had the opportunity to play every year in the championship--still can't believe this is only the second time but c'est la vie

The ugly truth that nobody talks about at parties is that we did not want to play NU every year when the Big XII was formed. It would have been unfair to adopt an SEC type schedule and play NU every year when other teams would not

SoonerMom2
11/29/2010, 09:51 PM
Someone explain something to me. How many times have we had to play the Big 12 Championship in the cold in Kansas City? Nebraska thought that was great but move it to Jerry's World for three years and it is the end of the Big 12 for them. The lack of class out of NE when they announced they were leaving for the Big 10 left me cold. We have been in Norman since Jan 1997 and am still waiting to see the classy NE fans I hear about at the games in Norman. They are not sitting around us.

Why did NE agree to four Texas schools joining the conference and then putting us and Okie State in that division. We are the ones that have to put up with Texas schools all the time not NE. Their argument about Texas and Jerry's World falls on deaf ears as far as I am concerned. At one time Kansas City had the football championship as well as basketball. That didn't seem very fair to OU.

SoonerMom2
11/29/2010, 09:54 PM
So, we'll just kill one of the nations best all time rivalries? OU NU meant ten times more than OU tx ever did. Just because one team hit a skid doesnt mean we should kill it. Butt *** stupid. Again, how would you have felt if tx was taken away? Use your brain there.

You have to be kidding! The OU/TX rivalry predates anything by many years over the OU/NE rivalry. OU/TX is one of the longest in the Nation and has transcended conferences for years. Do you not know history?

OU/TX is the biggest of our rivalries hands down as far as Soonerfans I know along with history.

SoonerMom2
11/29/2010, 09:55 PM
OU-texass is a special series and has been for over 80 years. OU-Nebraska took off in '71 on the national scene and was basically the Big 8 championship game (not saying it was not a special game)

Exactly!

bluedogok
11/29/2010, 10:12 PM
CBS broadcasts in 1080i, having as few college football broadcasts as they do makes it easier to put their best equipment and people on the one or two broadcasts unlike what ABC/ESPN and Fox/FSN with upwards of 15-20 broadcasts a weekend for ABC/ESPN and 10-12 for FSN. ABC/ESPN and FSN broadcast the games in 720p, with the number of broadcasts they have to beam they compress the crap out of their signal to save bandwidth. CBS doesn't have the same bandwidth restraints with only one game so they can send an uncompressed signal or one with much less compression than the other networks. Then you also have the cable/sat systems which compress the cable channels at a higher rate than the broadcast networks, so you are dealing with a compressed/compressed signal.

SoonerFan303
11/29/2010, 11:29 PM

CBS = 1080i HD
Fox and ESPN = 720P

That is why CBS looks so much better. It is a higher resolution HD feed.

sooner n houston
11/30/2010, 07:42 AM
I'm not sure we all have the same understanding of what these university owned networks will look like. They will not broadcast live football games, unless the game is not picked up by a network. Which for UT and OU would be rare. For the most part they will broadcast football reruns, live basketball, baseball, wrestling, tennis etc, etc. Their hugh fanbase is why UT has such an advantage over every other team in the BIG XII.

soonerloyal
11/30/2010, 11:33 AM

Spent four years in UP of MI and it made me realize what cold is. I still hate snow.

However, as far as "The OSU" is concerned, I hope the Huskers keep improving and consistently kick the Buck out of those arrogant, ill-bred, couch-burning Nutz.

(Edited to add: aforementioned Nutz description isn't meant to include SoonerMom2; Sister Ma'am, please don't think I meant that. Ack.)

OUmillenium
11/30/2010, 12:18 PM
Someone explain something to me. How many times have we had to play the Big 12 Championship in the cold in Kansas City? Nebraska thought that was great but move it to Jerry's World for three years and it is the end of the Big 12 for them. The lack of class out of NE when they announced they were leaving for the Big 10 left me cold. We have been in Norman since Jan 1997 and am still waiting to see the classy NE fans I hear about at the games in Norman. They are not sitting around us.

Why did NE agree to four Texas schools joining the conference and then putting us and Okie State in that division. We are the ones that have to put up with Texas schools all the time not NE. Their argument about Texas and Jerry's World falls on deaf ears as far as I am concerned. At one time Kansas City had the football championship as well as basketball. That didn't seem very fair to OU.

That is a great post. Nebraska is not as bigtime as they think they are. But we are!

11/30/2010, 12:36 PM
That is a great post. Nebraska is not as bigtime as they think they are. But we are!Scoreboard, baby! OU7-Bugs5

Effing '90's!

LiveLaughLove
11/30/2010, 12:44 PM
This will never end. It's why Nebraska was smart even though I can't stand the Big Ten and it's style.

For anyone that thinks that we call the shots, well you're looking through crimson glasses. We don't. Tradition isn't the power here it's tvs. They have em in abundance. We don't.

Boren screwed us for either his own or his sons political ambitions by not ditching OSU and bolting to the sec. It wouldn't have been ideal, but there is no ideal scenario for us.

Independent? Yeah right. Watch that Texas recruiting pipeline diminish as we don't play for conference championships.

It's ugly in the big twelve and going to get a ton uglier. All we can do now is ride the storm and see where we land.

Oh yeah bebee sucks.