PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sooner fans,

Reddoggie
11/29/2010, 12:57 AM
First off, let me say that it's going to be great to round out the Big 12 conference with playing OU. I'm not going to lie, I have a tremendous respect for all you Sooners. On my way north on Interstate 35 last December, coming back from the title game in Dallas, I stopped off in Norman with my family to see Owen Field. It was very cool to stand in front of the Barry Switzer Center, and to see first hand the site of many great college football games. After that, we went to grab a bite to eat at Legends on Lindsay Street and let me tell you, I've never encountered a more classy fan base than the Sooner fans I talked to at Legends. Now for this year, my tickets are on the South division team's side, so I may be sitting among some of you. Good luck, can't wait to get on the road to Dallas early Friday morning, and I can't wait for the game on Saturday night!

GBR

Tigeman
11/29/2010, 05:12 AM
As always us, you guys, and Bama are pretty much the class of college football fans. Which not to sound to cocky, those 3 are pretty much royalty when it comes to college football. So glad everyone treated you well when here, as you guys always treat us well when there.

That being said I honestly have mixed emotions about playing you guys in this game. On the one hand, history says it shouldn't be any other way. And our 2 programs loveeee our history.... it's what defines us. On the other, we're kind of bitter that your leaving, and kind of want to give you the big F off! LOL. I mean come on, your leaving us w/ *... we wished you guys had nutted up and stuck it out. Part of me wishes you didn't even get the chance at a big 12 North title. Wishing you left w/ absolutely nothing. But the history side of me kind of overrides everything and can't wait. Good luck and see you at the game.

sendbaht
11/29/2010, 05:23 AM
Nice post. I do wish you guys were staying in the Big 12. Just seems right.
But, good luck to you. I'll be pulling for you in every game up there in the Big 10.
I do want to send you up there with a big loss of course.
Thanks again for the post.

soonerloyal
11/29/2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome to SF and thanks for the great post.

I grew up knowing that Thanksgiving was just as much about OU/Nebraska as it was turkey and relatives and giving thanks. Oh, for the days of the great signage in those games like "Nebraska shucks!" and "God bless Mrs. Selmon".

I'm not angry about Nebraska leaving though, just sad (Colorado leaving however - big whooptedoo, blah). Even though we haven't played each other annually in years, the mutual respect the programs & fanbases have always had for each other is fairly rare in the college football experience.

I do want to send you off with a Husker loss, sorry. But here's to you winning your Bowl game. And starting next season I'll fervently be rooting for y'all to kick the a**es of every Big 10 opponent, every Big 10 game.

VA Sooner
11/29/2010, 08:35 AM
What a great way to finish the season... traditional powerhouses taking it to the turf one last time. Here's to a good game and no injuries before the bowl games.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/29/2010, 09:16 AM
I'm really looking forward to this game. This should go down as an all time classic.

Sooners78
11/29/2010, 10:56 AM
Thanksgiving holiday watching OU-Nebraska with my family as a kid is one of my best childhood memories. Sorry you're leaving. I too will be rooting for the fuskers against the rest of the little 10.

delhalew
11/29/2010, 11:05 AM
In spite of what I think of the weaksauce excuses offer up by Husker fans for the move, OU vs Nebraska is the way it should be. I will certainly miss it.

badger
11/29/2010, 11:11 AM
Nebraska fans once again casting niceness spells to get our guard down I see ;)

85sooners
11/29/2010, 11:11 AM
:gary:

IslandSooner
11/29/2010, 11:16 AM
This game is going to be a "BLAST". We saw this game coming in Septmeber.

rekamrettuB
11/29/2010, 11:19 AM
First off, let me say that it's going to be great to round out the Big 12 conference with playing OU. I'm not going to lie, I have a tremendous respect for all you Sooners. On my way north on Interstate 35 last December, coming back from the title game in Dallas, I stopped off in Norman with my family to see Owen Field. It was very cool to stand in front of the Barry Switzer Center, and to see first hand the site of many great college football games. After that, we went to grab a bite to eat at Legends on Lindsay Street and let me tell you, I've never encountered a more classy fan base than the Sooner fans I talked to at Legends. Now for this year, my tickets are on the South division team's side, so I may be sitting among some of you. Good luck, can't wait to get on the road to Dallas early Friday morning, and I can't wait for the game on Saturday night!

GBR

This is impossible. Just ask the rest of the Big XII teams that haven't won anything. We are the devil fan base to all of them.

What section are you in?

OULenexaman
11/29/2010, 11:26 AM
What kind of a suck up love fest bull**** is this?? You nebbish quiters and whiners are nothing but a FPOMF!!

fwsooner22
11/29/2010, 11:35 AM
I am sure we will be playing non-con games before long.

OUNC06
11/29/2010, 11:42 AM
Sooners will win the final Big 12 title.

Next year OU wins the Big 12 uh 10 and Nebraska wins the Big 10 uh 12. Sooners and Huskers for the NC in 2011!!!

Veritas
11/29/2010, 11:57 AM
What kind of a suck up love fest bull**** is this?? You nebbish quiters and whiners are nothing but a FPOMF!!
I intend to yell FPOMF from my nose-bleed seats this Saturday.

OULenexaman
11/29/2010, 12:04 PM
I intend to yell FPOMF from my nose-bleed seats this Saturday. At all the refs??:D The conspiracy is on you know...;)

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 12:09 PM
I have to admit, there is no better title game than OU-NU given the circumstances. I will be posted up in my comfy spot on the couch, pizza and beer within reach, enjoying what I hope to be a helluva game this weekend!

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2010, 01:12 PM
Welcome Reddoggie. Hope it's a great game... though maybe a little greater for us and less so for you.

I just hope both sides mind their manners for this one both on the boards and at the stadium and we end up with a classic (OU victory).

Good luck! Boomer Sooner!

JPNSKER
11/29/2010, 01:20 PM
Nebraska fans once again casting niceness spells to get our guard down I see ;)

You guys suck! I hope we litter the field with your entrails!

that better? :D

Reddoggie
11/29/2010, 01:28 PM
This is impossible. Just ask the rest of the Big XII teams that haven't won anything. We are the devil fan base to all of them.

What section are you in?

Section 443.