PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones- Moving up the Record Books

Collier11
11/29/2010, 12:23 AM
Yes folks, after less than 2 years as the OU QB, Landry is making a major dent in the OU record books

Career Marks

Landry is 4th in Career passing yards, he needs 312 to move into 3rd place

Landry is 3rd in Career completions and will move into 1st place All time with 46 more :eek:

Landry is also 3rd in Career attempts and will move into 1st place All time with 50 more :eek:

Landry is 3rd All time at OU with 60 passing TDs, he needs 29 more to move into 1st place

Landry is 4th in career completion % at 62.4

Landry is 7th in career efficiency

Season

Landry is 2nd in single season passing yards

Landry is 2nd in completions and attempts, he will break both records most likely this season

Landry is 5th in single season TDs, with 7 more he can move up to the 2nd best single season total in OU history

Landry has the 3rd highest single season completion % this year, he has a slight shot to catch #2 but doubtful

Blue
11/29/2010, 12:26 AM
He's a damn good QB. And only a soph. Its like we expect everybody to play like a Senior. I think he's got the tools and supporting cast to get us #8.

SOONER44EVER
11/29/2010, 12:28 AM
He is number 1 in several single game categories as well right?

agoo758
11/29/2010, 12:29 AM
We'll get Laundry with one more year under his belt next year. Take that into account, including the fact, that Broyles will likely be back, Kenney, Still, and Miller will get bet at WR, and Finch and Millard may very well be the best backfield combo in the country, we have the potential to make the 08 offense look like a pick up game!

Widescreen
11/29/2010, 12:44 AM
We'll get Laundry with one more year under his belt next year. Take that into account, including the fact, that Broyles will likely be back, Kenney, Still, and Miller will get bet at WR, and Finch and Millard may very well be the best backfield combo in the country, we have the potential to make the 08 offense look like a pick up game!

Kenney is a senior.

Blue
11/29/2010, 12:45 AM

I like the way you think!

agoo758
11/29/2010, 12:45 AM
Kenney is a senior.

You are right, my bad.:O

Other than that, I stand by my statement.

bigfatjerk
11/29/2010, 12:47 AM
I was looking at the big 12 conference game stats this year. Landry is number 1 in pass yards and pass efficiency, and number 1 in TDs(by far). And he's near the top in accuracy.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=117918

Blue
11/29/2010, 12:52 AM
I was looking at the big 12 conference game stats this year. Landry is number 1 in pass yards and pass efficiency, and number 1 in TDs(by far). And he's near the top in accuracy.

But...but...he sucks. ;)

soonercastor
11/29/2010, 12:55 AM
Yes folks, after less than 2 years as the OU QB, Landry is making a major dent in the OU record books

Career Marks

Landry is 3rd in Career completions and will move into 1st place All time with 46 more :eek:

Landry is also 3rd in Career attempts and will move into 1st place All time with 50 more :eek:

So what yer saying is that he will break these two records next week.

:pop:

VA Sooner
11/29/2010, 09:02 AM
Getting better every year... much better year and will only excel with more gametime experience.

Boomer Sooner!

PalmBeachSooner
11/29/2010, 09:11 AM
He's a damn good QB. And only a soph. Its like we expect everybody to play like a Senior. I think he's got the tools and supporting cast to get us #8.

I totally agree. Landry is a young soul and sometimes gets caught up in the moment and doesn't always make the best decision, but he's growing. In my opinion we have yet to see his best work.

The same goes for some of the other youngens on the team.

oumartin
11/29/2010, 09:15 AM
We throw the ball a bit too much.

TXBOOMER
11/29/2010, 09:29 AM
LJ will own every passing record at OU if he stays healthy. Based on the number of starts he will have and offensive scheme we play none of that should be a surprise to anyone. If Broyles and Lewis are back next year he might get to add a NC by his name. Losing DM on O and AB on D is gonna hurt we need Broyles and Lewis back to have a shot IMHO.

stoopified
11/29/2010, 12:09 PM
LJ will own every passing record at OU if he stays healthy. Based on the number of starts he will have and offensive scheme we play none of that should be a surprise to anyone. If Broyles and Lewis are back next year he might get to add a NC by his name. Losing DM on O and AB on D is gonna hurt we need Broyles and Lewis back to have a shot IMHO.By AB do you mean Austin Box? If so he is only a junior and will be back,otherwise you are right on.

soonercastor
11/29/2010, 05:49 PM
he'll put a lot of records out of reach by the end of next year.

usaosooner
11/29/2010, 06:07 PM
http://coop.deadsquid.com/images/great_scott_400.png

wow... :eek:

SoonerNutt
11/29/2010, 06:24 PM

Interesting. Nobody gives Landry the credit he deserves. He had two bad quarters, but he didn't lose those games by himself.

Last week, a dude at work (a neutral fan of a lame Big 10 team) said to a couple of oSu fans something like "you guys will smoke OU. Landry Jones is the most overrated QB I've ever seen". He then tried to bait me into the conversation, but I just said "We'll find out Saturday" and moved on.

But seriously, Landry overrated? By who? The guy has Heisman-worthy numbers, but nobody even talks about him for all-conference. He's the best QB in the conference. He's one of the top 4-5 in the country. But nobody says it. Overrated is one thing Landry Jones is NOT.

It was particularly sweet to see Jones direct that offense in the 4th quarter the way he did. I haven't heard a peep from that numnutz today. :D

Collier11
11/29/2010, 06:27 PM
Landry would be a superstar at 99% of schools in the nation, at OU he is overrated, lol. The only reason the idiots say that is cus he is following perhaps the greatest college QB of the last decade, def a top 5 QB.

The great thing about Landry is that he can improve, imagine that

NormanPride
11/29/2010, 06:32 PM
If we go undefeated next year, or even have one loss if there's nobody insane around to take up votes, he has a very good shot at that stiffarm thingy.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 06:33 PM
He has problems with the long ball, but the middle balls he is deadly accurate. Man, he can thread the needle. I can't count how many times he has rocketed a pass among a bunch of enemy hands for a completion. Makes me wince, sometimes. The fact that he has only about a dozen INTs is pretty amazing, especially considering that some have been from vain attempts to throw the ball away.

BTW, some have harped on the three INTs he threw last Saturday night, but three INTS in 62 attempts is not that bad. Ask Peyton Manning.

My only complaint: I wish he was a little steadier when flushed out of the pocket. It's like he dreads the sack. He has thrown too many INTs and been called for illegal grounding too many times this year. But this will give him something to work on.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 06:33 PM
If we go undefeated next year, or even have one loss if there's nobody insane around to take up votes, he has a very good shot at that stiffarm thingy.

My guess: He will be on the watch list at the start of next season.

Collier11
11/29/2010, 06:35 PM
34/10 Leroy

stoopified
1/17/2011, 09:50 PM
I thought I would bump this thread up complete withstats

Bradford 604-893 67.6% 8,403 yards 88TDs/16 Ints 24-7 record

White 627-990 63.3% 7,922yds 81TDs/24 Ints 27-4 record

Jones 666-1066 62.5% 7,916 yds 64TDs/26 Ints 19-5 record

Heupel 654-1025 63.8 7,456 yds 53TDs/31Ints 20-5

For all the Sooner fans I think the numbers speak for themselves.For the Landry haters out there,let me add this:

Landry is 2-0 in bowl games (inluding 1-0 in BCS games).Meanwhile Nate Hybl was also 2-0 and 1-0 in BCS bowls while White was 0-2,Bradford 0-2,and Heupel 1-1.Further should Landry lead OU to a bowl victory this year he will accomplish something no other OU qb has ever done; lead his team to THREE bowl wins.

I am not trying to claim Landry is the greatest qb to ever play at OU but I do think he desrves to be included as one of OU's best which is something so many fail to acknowledge.

As fpr the arguement that Landry throws too many picks?Check this out:
While Bradford was realyy good at avoiding picks throwing one every 56 attempts,Landry is right there with the best of the rest-at 1 int every 41,White 1in 41,Heupel 1in 33.

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:07 PM
I think all the listed QB's would have beat Stanford (without Luck), and UConn

Landry is close to the list. If he gets us to the National Title game you can put him up there for good.

Win it, and he can write his own script

sperry
1/17/2011, 10:09 PM

Gonna be hard to beat a good season Golden Child Luck. I think Landry goes to New York this year, and if he comes back, will have a great shot at taking it home as Senior.

Collier11
1/17/2011, 10:10 PM
Next year is a year that if we dont make it to the MNC game it will be a disappointment, therefore, Landry controls his own legacy

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:11 PM
I think Stanford loses a couple games.

Tebow and McCoy were both praised going into 2009, and neither won.

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:11 PM
Next year is a year that if we dont make it to the MNC game it will be a disappointment, therefore, Landry controls his own legacy

pretty much, and 2012 :D

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 10:12 PM
I think all the listed QB's would have beat Stanford (without Luck), and UConn

Great point..

oudavid1
1/17/2011, 10:16 PM
I think Landry Jones is just as good as Sam Bradford even though the offensive line and general continuity of the team isnt like what Bradford had.

Oklahoma is so fortunate to have Landry Jones as its quarterback.

All 3 of Oklahoma's scholarships have 3 things in common.

They are big, athletic, and most of all. YOUNG.

sperry
1/17/2011, 10:20 PM

True. Luck is a better quarterback than either of them, though.

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:22 PM
I think Tebow and McCoy were both better college quarterbacks than what Luck has shown....

.... did i just say that?

yes i did.

as far as resume

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 10:24 PM
I think Tebow and McCoy were both better college quarterbacks than what Luck has shown....

.... did i just say that?

yes i did.

as far as resume

Well considering the talent around them, they should have been better..

I don't think any of them could have thrown for over 70 % in the Stanford system

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 10:24 PM
I think Landry Jones is just as good as Sam Bradford even though the offensive line and general continuity of the team isnt like what Bradford had.

That is quite a reach but whatever

Not anywhere near Sam on the move, release point, field vision, etc..

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:25 PM
Luck had a pretty good freshman year, and fantastic sophomore year.

Just as far as saying "college qb"... Tebow and McCoy are still higher on my list than Andrew Luck.

the horns and gators had excellent talent.... but if we are just talking "great college qb" in terms of winning Heisman... Luck will have a tough draw this year when they lose 2-3 games or so.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2011, 10:33 PM
Tebow or McCoy wouldnt have won any more games at stanford than Luck did.

I see your point though...tebow was such a gamer

JLEW1818
1/17/2011, 10:35 PM
Drew Allen and Blake Bell... you think they both stay at OU behind Jones another 2 years?

Collier11
1/17/2011, 10:42 PM

Dave, I like ya but this is ridiculous...SB is quite possibly a top 10-20 college QB of all time, easily the best QB in OU history if you are talking pure QB. Landry is great in his own right but he is no Sam

Oklahoma is so fortunate to have Landry Jones as its quarterback.

Yes

Landry will go down statistically as the best QB in OU history, his actual legacy will depend on if he wins a natl title, if he does that he will be way up there

THE-JROD
1/17/2011, 10:53 PM
^This

Salt City Sooner
1/18/2011, 12:06 AM

One of them is going to have to be a major upset. They play Oregon (@ Palo Alto, BTW) & pretty much nothing else as far as a big threat goes (OOC's are San Jose St., @ Duke, & Notre Dame).

stoopified
1/18/2011, 12:32 AM
Gonna be hard to beat a good season Golden Child Luck. I think Landry goes to New York this year, and if he comes back, will have a great shot at taking it home as Senior.Yeah but you could also say that White or Bradford had qb'ed the 2001 OB with that OU D backing them up they would have won a National Title.That didn't happen however.I would add that Jones could have won that OB playing with that D.Since it is all speculation,we can speculate ANY scenario BUT the fact remains Landry IS 2-0 in bowls and is in positio nto be the first QB to lead his team to three bowl wins.

Did I mention he also has a shot at beoming the winningest QB in OU history? Steve Davis 32-1-1 currently holds the wins title .

oudavid1
1/18/2011, 02:35 AM
Landry will go down statistically as the best QB in OU history, his actual legacy will depend on if he wins a natl title, if he does that he will be way up there

Sam had a way better team a didnt and went 0-2 in bowl games. Sam is great in my opinion, but i think LJ will be better overall. I might be alone though.

stoopified
1/18/2011, 02:57 PM
Sam had a way better team a didnt and went 0-2 in bowl games. Sam is great in my opinion, but i think LJ will be better overall. I might be alone though.LJ has a long ways to go to get to Sam's level.On the other hand that is true of most QBs IMHO. Sam is a freak!

adoniijahsooner
1/18/2011, 03:27 PM
Sam had a way better team a didnt and went 0-2 in bowl games. Sam is great in my opinion, but i think LJ will be better overall. I might be alone though.

Landry may have stats and wins over Sam, but Sam Bradford was the 1ST QUARTERBACK TAKEN IN THE NFL DRAFT!! Do you think Tee Martin was better than Peyton Manning, simply because he won a NC and Peyton did not?
Landry is GOOD, but he is in no way Sam Bradford. Is Demarco better than Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson, or Marcus Dupree?

oudavid1
1/18/2011, 09:16 PM
Landry may have stats and wins over Sam, but Sam Bradford was the 1ST QUARTERBACK TAKEN IN THE NFL DRAFT!! Do you think Tee Martin was better than Peyton Manning, simply because he won a NC and Peyton did not?
Landry is GOOD, but he is in no way Sam Bradford. Is Demarco better than Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson, or Marcus Dupree?

I think Landry is going to be better. but thats just my opinion. I could be wrong. But i think Landry overall is pretty dam good.

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 09:29 PM
I think Landry is going to be better.

You just might be right.

Rocko
1/18/2011, 09:38 PM
Been seeing some doubt in Landry's arm strength (in particular Ubben said Weeden had him beat here). Was just wondering if this has any validity? The one particular instance I can remember in which he looked weak was the Baylor game on the Stills touchdown play. Landry threw from his 40ish to about the goalline yard line, and it looked like he gave it all he had. 60 Yards is further than I could toss an accurate ball, I'm sure, but this is a little less than expected no? Perhaps it was just a bad release? I'll let someone else be the judge, here's the vid. The play starts at 8:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiirpgJzBE

Leroy Lizard
1/18/2011, 09:44 PM
I thought his arm strength was a real plus when we recruited him.

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 02:52 AM
I think Landry is going to be better. but thats just my opinion. I could be wrong. But i think Landry overall is pretty dam good.

Again, what criteria are using to judge these athletes? Sam went up against Florida and a West Virginia squad that was a loss away from playing in the championship game. LJ has played against the biggest underdog in BCS history, and a Stanford team that was ranked nearly last in pass defense.

Okie35
1/19/2011, 05:53 AM

You're not. I agree and Sam was awesome but like you said we had a great team in 2008. In the end I think Landry will achieve more. I think as of right now the only thing Sam has on him(when he was in college) is decision making which is clearly obvious.

Okie35
1/19/2011, 05:57 AM
Again, what criteria are using to judge these athletes? Sam went up against Florida and a West Virginia squad that was a loss away from playing in the championship game. LJ has played against the biggest underdog in BCS history, and a Stanford team that was ranked nearly last in pass defense.

Well, the way its going, LJ will have his chance for your valid assessment before he leaves OU.

oudavid1
1/19/2011, 08:56 AM

Sam went against a Florida team that lost to Ole Miss at home, and a WVU team that plays in the big least. Sam had arguably the greatest offensive line in Oklahoma history.

You're not. I agree and Sam was awesome but like you said we had a great team in 2008. In the end I think Landry will achieve more. I think as of right now the only thing Sam has on him(when he was in college) is decision making which is clearly obvious.

My whole comparison comes from this.

Sam Bradford as a true RS freshman - most all spring, summer, preason snaps at first team
Sam Bradford as a sophomore - all spring summer and fall snaps.

Landry Jones as a RS Freshman - 2nd string snaps until week 2.

This was LJs first full year of being "the guy" and he came out and equaled and Sam in TDs(2007) and almost tied him in yards (2008) and LJ hasnt had nearly as many reps. Not to mention he has been hit more, and donst have the same defense(though it is still good).

Im not totally crazy.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 09:58 AM
Been seeing some doubt in Landry's arm strength (in particular Ubben said Weeden had him beat here). Was just wondering if this has any validity? The one particular instance I can remember in which he looked weak was the Baylor game on the Stills touchdown play. Landry threw from his 40ish to about the goalline yard line, and it looked like he gave it all he had. 60 Yards is further than I could toss an accurate ball, I'm sure, but this is a little less than expected no? Perhaps it was just a bad release? I'll let someone else be the judge, here's the vid. The play starts at 8:36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiirpgJzBE

Arm strength isn't primarily judged on how far a player can throw and but his ability to zip it on certain routes, how much air he has to put on his ball to get it down the field, etc.

Jones is a good player..But comparing him to Bradford is crazy.

Its funny that when Jones makes a mistake, posters get up in arms with saying we are tough on him because he followed Bradford or telling us to stop comparing him to Bradford. and then others are comparing him to Bradford and saying he will be better.

If Bradford is going to be the benchmark for jones, I can pick him apart all day. Release, moving out of the pocket..Heck Jones has made his line look worse than it was a lot of times by holding the ball too long or leaving the pocket too early. Field vision, out routes, arm strength, etc etc...

Not saying again Jones is bad at all those things, but if you want to compare him to the #1 NFL Draft pick, those are all areas he is not anywhere close. If you want to compare him to other top level college quarterbacks, he does quite nicely.

And at what point is Jones no longer a young quarterback? He has 25 or 26 starts under his belt, about the same as Luck...He is 21, 5 months older than Luck. He's been in the system 3 years. I think we are safe to remove that tag.

He can be a very good college quarterback without being Bradford.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 10:07 AM
This was LJs first full year of being "the guy" and he came out and equaled and Sam in TDs(2007) and almost tied him in yards (2008) and LJ hasnt had nearly as many reps. Not to mention he has been hit more, and donst have the same defense(though it is still good).

Im not totally crazy.

Except for 1 1/2 games of 2009, Jones was the guy..He threw almost 450 passes in 2009...Jones threw 134 more passes than Bradford did in 2008 to almost tie him in yards..

LJ and sam's sack stats were about the same for LJ in 2009 and Sam in 2008 and 07..As for LJ's high sack numbers this year, he was responsible for at least 5 of them

Aldebaran
1/19/2011, 10:36 AM
Wow, it's wierd reading respectful comments directed toward the Stache.. Very wierd.

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 01:10 PM
Arm strength isn't primarily judged on how far a player can throw and but his ability to zip it on certain routes, how much air he has to put on his ball to get it down the field, etc.

Essentially it is how much velocity he can put on the ball. That pretty much accounts for how much zip he can put on it and how much air he can put under it.

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 01:11 PM
Wow, it's wierd reading respectful comments directed toward the Stache.. Very wierd.

We have won our last few games. After our next loss, come on back here.

OUNC06
1/19/2011, 01:48 PM

Are you currently taking drugs?

NormanPride
1/19/2011, 02:01 PM
Sam went against a Florida team that lost to Ole Miss at home, and a WVU team that plays in the big least. Sam had arguably the greatest offensive line in Oklahoma history.

Let's just stop there. That Florida team was one of the best NC teams in the decade. They were every bit as good as the 2001 Miami team that was loaded with NFL talent. We could have had a better shot at them if Wilson hadn't taken the ball out of Sam's hands near the goalline. As for WVU, they were a hurt quarterback away from playing in the NC game and destroying Ohio State rather than a 2 loss LSU team. Not to mention our D was atrocious in that game because all the starters were either hurt or suspended.

Let's ALSO remember that Landry was the only QB that got DeMarco for a bowl game against a mediocre to poor Stanford team and a terrible UConn team. You are smoking crack, have always been smoking crack, and may continue to smoke crack for the rest of your life unless you learn to put down the pipe.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 02:04 PM
^^

NMSooner'80
1/19/2011, 02:42 PM

I can understand why people might not favor Landry in comparison to Bradford.

What I don't get ( :confused: ) is why people dig in their heels and continue to trash Landry. It makes us OU alumni in New Mexico cringe, because people somehow think that all OU fans are down on the kid that much.

oudavid1
1/19/2011, 04:24 PM
Except for 1 1/2 games of 2009, Jones was the guy..He threw almost 450 passes in 2009...Jones threw 134 more passes than Bradford did in 2008 to almost tie him in yards..

LJ and sam's sack stats were about the same for LJ in 2009 and Sam in 2008 and 07..As for LJ's high sack numbers this year, he was responsible for at least 5 of them

i guess the comparison i was trying to make dosnt help my arguement.
But my point is that i think Landry will be just as good a QB as Sam was. I think Landry will win. I think Sam did win. I dont think Anyone will throw for 50tds again at OU. Landry dosnt have Gresham.

Are you currently taking drugs?
lolz no

Let's just stop there. That Florida team was one of the best NC teams in the decade. They were every bit as good as the 2001 Miami team that was loaded with NFL talent. We could have had a better shot at them if Wilson hadn't taken the ball out of Sam's hands near the goalline. As for WVU, they were a hurt quarterback away from playing in the NC game and destroying Ohio State rather than a 2 loss LSU team. Not to mention our D was atrocious in that game because all the starters were either hurt or suspended.

Let's ALSO remember that Landry was the only QB that got DeMarco for a bowl game against a mediocre to poor Stanford team and a terrible UConn team. You are smoking crack, have always been smoking crack, and may continue to smoke crack for the rest of your life unless you learn to put down the pipe.

I dont get how WVU is all of the sudden such a good team to lose to. We were favored weren't we? Im not Sam wasnt good or that Florida was a bad team, but Sam had a good chance to win, and Landry had a good chance to win. The only thing i measure in a QB is winning.

I still believe that when Sam left OU, he was better than Landry is now. my argument is i believe (this is an opinion) that Landry has the ability to win a title, something Sam never did. But Sam was the biggest piece to Oklahoma's shot at the title in 2008.

But im making a prediction that has a very high chance of being wrong.

I just think i see something in LJ.

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 04:44 PM
i guess the comparison i was trying to make dosnt help my arguement.
But my point is that i think Landry will be just as good a QB as Sam was. I think Landry will win. I think Sam did win. I dont think Anyone will throw for 50tds again at OU. Landry dosnt have Gresham.

lolz no

I dont get how WVU is all of the sudden such a good team to lose to. We were favored weren't we? Im not Sam wasnt good or that Florida was a bad team, but Sam had a good chance to win, and Landry had a good chance to win. The only thing i measure in a QB is winning.

I still believe that when Sam left OU, he was better than Landry is now. my argument is i believe (this is an opinion) that Landry has the ability to win a title, something Sam never did. But Sam was the biggest piece to Oklahoma's shot at the title in 2008.

But im making a prediction that has a very high chance of being wrong.

I just think i see something in LJ.

Like I said...if thats what you are judging by, then Tee Martin is better than Peyton Manning. I forgot ...you may not even know who Tee Martin is. Well, he won a National Championship at Tennessee the year after Peyton Manning graduated from there. Here is a bit of history....

Martin was a backup to Peyton Manning during his freshman and sophomore years at the University of Tennessee. During his junior season, Martin led the 1998 Tennessee Volunteers football team to a 13–0 record and a Fiesta Bowl victory over Florida State University, winning the school its first NCAA Division I-A national football championship since 1951

In the 1998 season, Martin broke the NCAA record for consecutive completions.[1] Against South Carolina, Martin completed his last 23 passes. Combined with a completion the previous week against Alabama, Martin's string of 24 completions set the new record.

In 1999, Martin led the Vols to their second consecutive BCS bowl. During Martin's two years as a starter at Tennessee, the Vols were undefeated against 4 of his main conference rivals, (2–0 vs Alabama, 2–0 vs Auburn, 2–0 vs Georgia, 2–0 vs Kentucky, and 1-1 vs Florida).

So Tee Martin's resume is much better than Peyton's, but no one in their right mind ran around saying he was a better qb than Peyton, unless they were on crack of course:D.

olevetonahill
1/19/2011, 05:10 PM
I can understand why people might not favor Landry in comparison to Bradford.

What I don't get ( :confused: ) is why people dig in their heels and continue to trash Landry. It makes us OU alumni in New Mexico cringe, because people somehow think that all OU fans are down on the kid that much.

This guy aint said a Kind word about LJ all year that I know of :rolleyes:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=38612

stoops the eternal pimp
1/19/2011, 05:13 PM
Landry is a good college quarterback.....I think the issue is the extremists both ways

olevetonahill
1/19/2011, 05:14 PM
Landry is a good college quarterback.....I think the issue is the extremists both ways

Yup, And every one trying to compare him To SB

adoniijahsooner
1/19/2011, 05:21 PM
I think Landry is gonna lead this team to NCG next year...even made a thread about it. I think he has developed into a very fine qb.

85sooners
1/19/2011, 07:40 PM
landry will bring #8 home

SoonerRoy
1/19/2011, 07:44 PM
About losing to West Virgina, no sure who was favored but they were a very good team. If they hadn't been upset in their final game when their QB was hurt, they would have been in the NC game.

Collier11
1/19/2011, 08:40 PM
Landry is a good college quarterback.....

Disagree Strongly. The guy is one of the best QBs in the Nation. Now, based on history he may not be an all time great but going into his JR. season he will be a top 5 QB in the nation. He is a really good college QB with the chance of being great if he has another big season next year

oudavid1
1/19/2011, 09:00 PM
Like I said...if thats what you are judging by, then Tee Martin is better than Peyton Manning. I forgot ...you may not even know who Tee Martin is. Well, he won a National Championship at Tennessee the year after Peyton Manning graduated from there. Here is a bit of history....

So Tee Martin's resume is much better than Peyton's, but no one in their right mind ran around saying he was a better qb than Peyton, unless they were on crack of course:D.

thats a great point, but Tee Martin did more for Tennessee than Peyton Manning did. Just saying. I want championships.

THE-JROD
1/19/2011, 09:19 PM
thats a great point, but Tee Martin did more for Tennessee than Peyton Manning did. Just saying. I want championships.

Dont all college's???? :D

JLEW1818
1/19/2011, 09:35 PM
the Chinese QB dude at Hawaii is the greatest ever

Leroy Lizard
1/19/2011, 09:43 PM
Jones will never be as good as Bradford in the eyes of the fans, because we have elevated Bradford's play to such ridiculous levels that he now never threw an INT, made a great decision on every play, and threw every pass as accurately as possible. So even if Jones bests him on the stats, any INT he throws will be proof that he isn't as good as Bradford, because "Bradford wouldn't have thrown that INT."

This has even transcended into the pros, where one poster even said Bradford should have been chosen for the Pro Bowl. Say wha?

Collier11
1/19/2011, 09:44 PM
Jones will never likely be as good as Bradford cus its damn near impossible to be that good. Doesnt mean Jones cant be a really Great college QB

Okie35
1/20/2011, 05:18 AM
Jones will never likely be as good as Bradford cus its damn near impossible to be that good. Doesnt mean Jones cant be a really Great college QB

Bradford makes better decisions.

oudavid1
1/20/2011, 12:37 PM
Dont all college's???? :D

cept Okie State, they want splits

the Chinese QB dude at Hawaii is the greatest ever

this