PDA

View Full Version : Any Dog experts?

Norman Sooner
11/29/2010, 12:02 AM
My 5 yo lab/rot mix has some serious issues right now that annoying me to death..Every night when i go to bed and turn the lights out, he starts to whimper and pace around the house like the world is ending. My door is **** but this is nothing new, this is how it has always been. He started doing this about a month ago and I cannot figure out what the deal is. I have tried taking him outside again and that didnt help..I have taken him to the vet and the said he had a very strong healthy heart, and he runs around the yard so it doesnt appear he is hurt..Any ideas as to what the problem is or how to get him to stop?? Its quite possible the most annoying thing ever and I am out of ideas on how to get him to stop the whimpering/pacing..

Breadburner
11/29/2010, 12:39 AM
Seperation Anxiety.....

btk108
11/29/2010, 12:42 AM
He's scared of the dark....C11 has the same problem...unless he's holdin Vet's wiener.

jumperstop
11/29/2010, 12:42 AM
Maybe you have an evil spirt that only your dog can see.

3rdgensooner
11/29/2010, 12:44 AM
I have a lab that went blind early because of progressive retinal atropy. I didn't know this and thought she was "special". It wouldn't hurt to get his eyes checked.

He's more than likely just "special", probably anxiety related.

SCOUT
11/29/2010, 12:49 AM
Could be that he is bored. I have a german shepherd/terrier mix that used to just tear everything up. We walked him every day and I played with him regularly in the back yard. It just wasn't enough for him. Then we got a puppy that just wore him out. Over the last year, he has calmed dramatically.

As an aside, I have a 1 year old border collie/austrialian shepherd that would be great at keeping your dog company. Let me know if you are interested.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 01:50 AM
My 5 yo lab/rot mix has some serious issues right now that annoying me to death..Every night when i go to bed and turn the lights out, he starts to whimper and pace around the house like the world is ending. My door is **** but this is nothing new, this is how it has always been. He started doing this about a month ago and I cannot figure out what the deal is. I have tried taking him outside again and that didnt help..I have taken him to the vet and the said he had a very strong healthy heart, and he runs around the yard so it doesnt appear he is hurt..Any ideas as to what the problem is or how to get him to stop?? Its quite possible the most annoying thing ever and I am out of ideas on how to get him to stop the whimpering/pacing..

Does he have a constant fear that something's always near?

critical_phil
11/29/2010, 02:47 AM
i have an expert opinion.

don't co-habitate with animals.

questions?