PDA

View Full Version : That Game was Awesome

Blue
11/28/2010, 11:35 PM
What a game! A rollercoaster ride from start to finish! I can't remember a more enjoyable game.

I'm very thankful I got to watch that over Thanksgiving with my dad who's getting up there in age. You never know when it'll be your last Sooner game together. Thats what it is all about. Boomer!

GottaHavePride
11/28/2010, 11:42 PM
I was at my girlfriend's parents' house, which was ok (big-screen, satellite tv, monster sound system). Only problem is they're Dallas Cowboys fans, so every time we did something good, my girlfriend's mom kept shouting "WOOOO COWBOYS!" They had to keep reminding her "please look at your shirt before you cheer". :D

OhU1
11/28/2010, 11:52 PM
I watched it with my old man who is an OSU grad. House with 5 for OU, 2 for OSU, and 1 neutral.

Blue
11/28/2010, 11:53 PM
I watched it with my old man who is an OSU grad. House with 5 for OU, 2 for OSU, and 1 neutral.

How'd that workout? :D

Blue
11/28/2010, 11:58 PM
My dad, who's getting grumpy in his old age was cussing all throughout the 3rd quarter...saying things that made even me blush and say, "calm down." :D

After landry hit Kenney he was literally hugging me while I was doing my Sooner dance saying, "I'm so happy. I'm so happy." LOL.

StoopTroup
11/29/2010, 12:01 AM
I always thought a rollercoaster had you ride up and then down....

The way I remember the game is that we were up the entire game.

It might have been a really cool bumper car ride where you accidently hurt your lil brother and they had to put him in a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance and put a neck brace on him to shut is mouth after the accident.

:D ;)

ouwasp
11/29/2010, 12:05 AM
I typically watch the games alone; wife doesn't really care about football (although she wants OU to win :) ). Anyhow, watched a little of the game with my daughter...

But I need to watch the game next week with my 79 yr old dad. He likes to ask too many inane questions during the game regarding strategy, and he constantly wants to know the down & distance.

Dad and I won't go to anymore games in Norman together. His health won't permit it. But I can watch some more games with him on TV...

Thanks Bham :)

SoonerSon
11/29/2010, 12:27 AM
My dad, who's getting grumpy in his old age was cussing all throughout the 3rd quarter...saying things that made even me blush and say, "calm down." :D

After landry hit Kenney he was literally hugging me while I was doing my Sooner dance saying, "I'm so happy. I'm so happy." LOL.

I can relate, OUBham...My Dad is 79 and I watch the game at his house every week...have for several years. Though he had to travel back to OK this morning to bury one of his best buds...last night was a great night, compliments of the Sooners. Lots of hi-fivin and screamin'. Hope next week tops it.

Boomer!

Blue
11/29/2010, 12:41 AM
... Lots of hi-fivin and screamin'. Hope next week tops it.

Boomer!

There's nothing better. My parents are traveling up to Birmingham next week and we'll watch OU/Neb together. Mom never watches the game w/ us bc her nerves can't take it, but she sneaks peaks in the back and you'll hear her yelp for joy like last night when Kenny caught that pass. We all meet up in the kitchen screamin and hollerin. :D

I feel like I gotta cherish those times. I'm more than likely moving far away in january and its makin me a little sappy.

slh1234
11/29/2010, 12:53 AM
What a game! A rollercoaster ride from start to finish! I can't remember a more enjoyable game.

I'm very thankful I got to watch that over Thanksgiving with my dad who's getting up there in age. You never know when it'll be your last Sooner game together. Thats what it is all about. Boomer!

Hope you enjoyed the game with your dad. Some of my favorite memories with my dad involved great OU games and 4th quarter Sooner Magic. Great times, and great memories. I hope to leave the same type with my son.