PDA

View Full Version : Poke fanbase

ThinMan
11/28/2010, 07:33 PM
My friend just contacted me after coming back from the game. Apparently someone keyed his car while he was at the game. They keyed "Gooner" on the side of his car door right below his sooner window flag.

I told him I didn't think there was anything you can do.

He also reported that they were throwing rocks at OUs band in the stands.

Are OSU fans becoming the LSU fans of the Big 12?

SoonerDood
11/28/2010, 07:38 PM
My friend just contacted me after coming back from the game. Apparently someone keyed his car while he was at the game. They keyed "Gooner" on the side of his car door right below his sooner window flag.

Impossible! All OSU fans are the most classy, dedicated, and just all-around genuine good people! They'll tell you so.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:40 PM
I went to the OSU homecoming game against neb and left my car at Charlie's Chicken, walked all the way to the stadium, My OU sticker and car was untouched :)

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 07:40 PM
... the worse thing i ever had happen to me was in 06 I got smoked with a cup of coke.. It was worth it though

soonersam
11/28/2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for sacrificing your car for a Sooner win!! Takin one for the team

CowboyMRW
11/28/2010, 07:51 PM
Wow. That really sucks. I really can't believe that people would do that to another person's possessions.

Breadburner
11/28/2010, 07:53 PM
Pics....??

btk108
11/28/2010, 07:54 PM
I went to the OSU homecoming game against neb and left my car at Charlie's Chicken, walked all the way to the stadium, My OU sticker and car was untouched :)

They only like sheep....you were safe at the chicken place, smart girl. Now if you'd parked at the Gyro place, you'd been walking home.

Wait, what the heck were you doing watching both those losers playing with each other.

ThinMan
11/28/2010, 07:56 PM

I'll tell him that and see if it makes him feel any better.
:D

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 08:00 PM
Wait, what the heck were you doing watching both those losers playing with each other.

PM me and i'll show you ;)

mehip
11/28/2010, 08:01 PM
These are the *******s who are happy that their stadium PA was playinf 'SHUT-UP, SHUT-UP!' when the band played.

It's been a while since I lived in OK but when did the pokes become such classless pricks?

btk108
11/28/2010, 08:05 PM

Heh...yer gonna make all the other guys jellis. They don't realize I'm an old fart and yer jest toying with my emotions. :P

Soonerfan88
11/28/2010, 08:07 PM
It's been a while since I lived in OK but when did the pokes become such classless pricks?

Since Boone took over. All that money makes them think they are suddenly important.

SoonerNima
11/28/2010, 08:09 PM
well since most OSU fans are graduates of the school and not "band wagon" fans...as they say....that's pretty pathetic for someone to do regardless of the circumstances..

MR2-Sooner86
11/28/2010, 08:12 PM

:eek:

What site is it on? ;):D

btk108
11/28/2010, 08:27 PM
Just got this on FB

I had a friend who was at the game and after the score then the score then the final score they were all high fiving and a man sitting next to their 15 year old son shoved him. The son caught himself before going down a row or two luckily then turned to the guy and said, "must feel big pickin on a little kid!". Some other ou fans were sitting near and called security over but nothing was really done except making the guy move down a couple of seats to his assigned seat. I can't believe someone would take that out on a kid! I mean I know things get intense at this games, but to try to shove a kid down for celebrating is just a little excessive!

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 08:35 PM
Just got this on FB

I had a friend who was at the game and after the score then the score then the final score they were all high fiving and a man sitting next to their 15 year old son shoved him. The son caught himself before going down a row or two luckily then turned to the guy and said, "must feel big pickin on a little kid!". Some other ou fans were sitting near and called security over but nothing was really done except making the guy move down a couple of seats to his assigned seat. I can't believe someone would take that out on a kid! I mean I know things get intense at this games, but to try to shove a kid down for celebrating is just a little excessive!

That's stoolwater for ya.

It's not like it used to be. The old days we'd go there they'd lose and we'd all drink beer and have fun. Now they key cars, hand out parking tickets, threaten to take you to jail if your cheering to loud or making some aggie uncomfortable about his team being behind on the scoreboard. Don't drink excessively when there anymore if you're gonna go to the game. Watch your Kids. Don't let them get near those slack jawed bunch of idiots. I'll never send my kids to the School. They'll go to TCC here in Tulsa for 2 years if they won't go to OU. Then they can pay for TU themselves. Hopefully they'll not need my help but you never know how these things will work out.

StiffArmTrophy
11/28/2010, 08:40 PM
I went to the game and amazingly I was treated with nothing but class! I tailgated with a big group of Pokes all while wearing my I Hate Orange shirt and all my other Ou gear. Obviously there were a few at and after the game that yelled a few things and got a few birds flipped to me but overall I was treated a lot better than I was treated in 2008!

soonerloyal
11/28/2010, 08:43 PM
Neither one of these second-hand story instances are indicative or representative of any particular fan base. They are extreme, ****poor loser exceptions. Shame on them for craptastic azzhole actions. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna paint poorly an entire fan base for their shatty behavior.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 08:46 PM

What site is it on? ;):D

facebook? soonerfans?

btk108
11/28/2010, 08:50 PM
OK...I can give you first hand. The last time I was at Bedlam in Stillwater. Myself, my wife and my school age children were cursed at continually through the game for wearing Crimson and cream. After the Pukes lost, it only got worse on the way back to car. My children were given the finger and I was called a horrible parent for allowing my kids to root for OU. My son wanted to yell Boomer and I told him not to under any circumstance. I was pretty much in fear of what would happen. Some of those lOSUr fans were actually drooling as they contined their profanity laced tirade at compelete strangers.

I'll never go back to Stillwater for game. Who wants to put up with that? I've never EVER seen an opposing fan at Norman treated this way.

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds like there are idiots on both sides. No need to stereotype or make broad generalizations.

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 08:51 PM
Neither one of these second-hand story instances are indicative or representative of any particular fan base. They are extreme, ****poor loser exceptions. Shame on them for craptastic azzhole actions. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna paint poorly an entire fan base for their shatty behavior.

WINNER!!

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 08:51 PM
No, not all OSU fans are tools. But a lot of them do act like tools towards OU whenever the Sooners are in Stillwater. And I'm sure they don't get treated like kings in Norman, either.

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 08:53 PM
No, not all OSU fans are tools. But a lot of them do act like tools towards OU whenever the Sooners are in Stillwater. And I'm sure they don't get treated like kings in Norman, either.

Good thing you avoid this **** hole like the plague. ;)

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 08:55 PM
Good thing you avoid this **** hole like the plague. ;)

Whenever possible. Last time I was there for a game was as a 16-year-old, and I had old ladies cussing at me and random toothless morons pouring drinks on me and shoving me, and all I had on was an OU hat, and I kept to myself. But I do have several OSU friends who are generally pretty cool.

SoonerObsession
11/28/2010, 09:07 PM
I am friends with a really nice couple that are OSU fans and they were treated very poorly by an obnoxious Sooner fan last night. He would get in their face and yell OSU Sucks while holding up his fist in a threatening way. They are mature enough to know that every school has loser fans, but I was embarrassed by this. I think we as Sooner fans need to do what we can to get involved when one of our own is acting like a tool.

tcrb
11/28/2010, 09:10 PM
There is a thread on OrangePower with a link to this thread on SF. A couple of the pokes there are saying they would be willing to chip in to repair the alleged damage. OP should tell his friend to post a pic.

Posted by 2wheelPoke83:
Picture proof would be good. If provided, I would be willing to chip in with other fellow poke fans to cover his deductible to get it fixed.

Posted by springerpete:
BTW, count me in for this.

btk108
11/28/2010, 09:16 PM
There is a thread on OrangePower with a link to this thread on SF. A couple of the pokes there are saying they would be willing to chip in to repair the alleged damage. OP should tell his friend to post a pic.

put a link to it here. Let me say, I have family that are OSU fans and really good friends that are OSU fans. The be the first to tell you it's wrong to act like that. They are also the ones who don't go to Stillwater for games.

Phil
11/28/2010, 09:24 PM
We got there just before kickoff, so we didn't really run into any Pokers before the game. During and after, the interactions we had were universally friendly. The OSU guy behind us did get into a little verbal spat with the semi-obnoxious OU guy sitting next to us. The OU guy was complaining about the Ag player who went down "hurt" when we were running our super-speed offense, which, yes, but I kind of agreed with the OSU guy that you can't just assume that right when he goes down.

Oh, and we drove an unmarked car and took the secret back way to the Stool, as always.

5noubus
11/28/2010, 09:30 PM
We went in 08 and had a horrible experience. So we decided not to attend the game this year and just went to tailgate and go to gameday. All the osu people we encountered were nice to us. Like overly nice. I think someone sat them down and told everyone to be on their best behavior!
But from gameday to the minute we left everyone was nice. Maybe it's because we were treated so bad at mizzou it made it seem better ?

btk108
11/28/2010, 09:32 PM

found it. Got to admit that's class.

85sooners
11/28/2010, 10:59 PM

GottaHavePride
11/28/2010, 11:39 PM
Their older fans are ok, but their current students, in general, are jackholes. Last time I was there for a game in person was 2002. Yeah, after they won they pulled down their goalposts and the student section decided to bring them over and try to throw the goalposts on top of the Pride. ****-munching ****nozzles if you ask me.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 11:43 PM

I bet they didn't even use good penmanship.

KNEE BRACE
11/28/2010, 11:44 PM

TELL T-BOONE WE DONT NEED HIS MONEY

misplacedsooner
11/28/2010, 11:59 PM
that is classy of the poke fans. living in stillwater i know for fact there are alot of great fans here that love their team and root for them win or lose...its a shame that the bad ones have to have such a glare on the game or before the game. we have them too and we all know that. i know id be quick to jump in if one of ours was getting stupid and try to shut him down. this kind of action really puts a skid mark on what should be fun.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/29/2010, 12:07 AM
OK. I will point and laugh at Little Brother until the day I die, but I do believe in the sincerity of the OSU fans over on OP who have offered to chip in to pay for the damage to the keyed car, provided with photographic evidence.

Not that I think they are making this offer out of pure benevolence, however. They are essentially saying to the OP and his friend, "Put up or shut up."

And I don't blame them one bit.

If I were them I would view this story the same way I viewed the so-called death threats against Gordon Riese after that Oregon game clusterfudge.

I too would want more evidence than someone's word that members of my fanbase were behaving so badly.

So: photographic evidence, please.

jwlynn64
11/29/2010, 12:39 AM
Went in 08 and didn't have one bad interaction with any of the OSU fans. Sat in the general OSU section as well.

One of my best friends here in Dallas is an OSU alum and I went to his tailgate where I and the other OU friends that I went with were treated extremely well.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2010, 01:11 AM
It's my fault.

I think I started it.

Last time I was at the OU-oSu game in Norman in '99 I farted in their general direction.

And that's when it really started to get ugly.

I apologize.

steross
11/29/2010, 03:38 AM

Actually, I am an OSU fan and went to the 2009 debacle in Norman. Other than the fact that the game absolutely sucked, I had a blast. Other than some good natured ribbing, I was treated very well.

I really don't get the jackasses that act out at opposing fans. How boring would football be if we all went for the same team?

sendbaht
11/29/2010, 04:08 AM
sad but I'm sure it happends everywhere. i was at a osu/OU game when I was a young man. the osu folks thought it would be funny to lift my vw bug and place it 1/2 on the street and 1/2 on the curb. No harm done but funny. I had a OU sticker on it.

Shakadoodoo
11/29/2010, 06:47 AM
I have always thought the OU - osu game was the funnest game to go to because in the end we are all Oklahomans. We can sit under the same tent and talk noise - all in good fun. The OU - texass game is a different story. I hate that happened but I would be willing to bet it was some young, drunk osu fans who have no Idea about class and tradition.

MamaMia
11/29/2010, 07:56 AM
They broke the flags off of my daughters car and in doing so, they broke the window. Then either they, or someone else, came along and stole their CD case and my Estee Lauder makeup and medication pouch that I'd left in her car that afternoon. My son in law flagged down a police officer to make a complaint but they were so busy that he told them to call the police department on Monday to file a report.

badger
11/29/2010, 09:47 AM

I'm sorry that this happened to you. About the only think you can do at this point is take pictures and file a police report, and probably nothing will get done after that by the authorities, as there's probably dozens more vandalisms and other incidents after that Saturday game they're dealing with right now.

BudsBoy
11/29/2010, 09:53 AM
They have never been classy. I was hit in the back of the head during the Dr. Death wrestling match fight back in the day and went head first about three rows down. I have not been back to Stillwater since and will never go back. They can keep that piece of sheep dip city and die in it.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 10:44 AM
They broke the flags off of my daughters car and in doing so, they broke the window. Then either they, or someone else, came along and stole their CD case and my Estee Lauder makeup and medication pouch that I'd left in her car that afternoon. My son in law flagged down a police officer to make a complaint but they were so busy that he told them to call the police department on Monday to file a report.

Completely off target here but were you happy with the band situation this game. It looked to me that they got great seats this time. And you got to play at halftime. Only band I can remember doing that in the last 2 years is Grambling's band and they are amazing.

Sorry to hear about the vehicles. We have fans that are willing to pony up the money to cover the deductible provided there is proof. I just don't know why some people take it to the extremes. It's all fun to trash talk and stuff with the other fanbase but when it becomes to the point of ruining property it's very dumb. I went to the bars after the game and had a couple OU girls buy me beers afterwards and tell me about the great game it was. It was a really fun time

NMSooner'80
11/29/2010, 10:48 AM

Did they misspell "Gooner" during this little attempt of clever vandalism? It probably read "Gunor" or something similar.

NMSooner'80
11/29/2010, 01:31 PM
Bumping, to see if anyone has heard anything from the Doc-D types in OKC on local radio... :D

ThinMan
11/29/2010, 01:53 PM

Sounds great. I'm sure he had to take a pic for the insurance anyway. I'll contact him today.

Seems doubtful they will pay up, but I don't see how it could hurt to take them up on it.

Do you have the link?

ThinMan
11/29/2010, 01:54 PM
Did they misspell "Gooner" during this little attempt of clever vandalism? It probably read "Gunor" or something similar.

:D

I haven't actually seen it, but yeah, it is a lower admission standard school so I wouldn't be surprised.

fwsooner22
11/29/2010, 02:18 PM
It's been time to give up the flags for awhile now and yes, we have one.

You should never leave them on your car during the game at an away stadium.

Kinda know whats comin'

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 02:21 PM
You know what's funny. Both team's fans have these stories about the other fanbase and how bad they were to them. I would bet that a bunch of people haven't had anything happen to them. They just make stuff up and go off of hearsay and what might've happened in the past. Every fanbase has bad apples, but it's not like every fan is that way

fadada1
11/29/2010, 02:24 PM
well since most OSU fans are graduates of the school and not "band wagon" fans...as they say....that's pretty pathetic for someone to do regardless of the circumstances..

"I can see your sarcasm."

"Well you should, because I'm laying it on pretty thick."

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 02:25 PM
You know what's funny. Both team's fans have these stories about the other fanbase and how bad they were to them. I would bet that a bunch of people haven't had anything happen to them. They just make stuff up and go off of hearsay and what might've happened in the past. Every fanbase has bad apples, but it's not like every fan is that way

great post..generalizing fan bases is a little ridiculous...unless its kansas state:D

badger
11/29/2010, 02:27 PM

I dunno about you, but I would be more afraid of decking my car out in OU stuff and wearing crimson in Stillwater than I would be of decking my car out in OSU stuff and wearing orange in Norman. Hell, every home game there's whorn fans lurking around campus in their burnt orange (seriously - whorn fans are like cockroches --- they're everywhere and spreading!) and they must not get beat up or killed, because they're out the next home game too :mack:

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 02:28 PM
I dunno about you, but I would be more afraid of decking my car out in OU stuff and wearing crimson in Stillwater than I would be of decking my car out in OSU stuff and wearing orange in Norman. Hell, every home game there's whorn fans lurking around campus in their burnt orange (seriously - whorn fans are like cockroches --- they're everywhere and spreading!) and they must not get beat up or killed, because they're out the next home game too :mack:

I'd be afraid of decking my car in crimson also as my grandpa would probably shoot me or I would die with that crimson and cream touching my body :D ;)

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 02:30 PM
Here is my prediction for the Monday after Bedlahm 2011.....

My friend just contacted me after coming back from the game. Apparently someone keyed his car while he was at the game. They keyed "POKE" on the side of his car door right below his sooner window flag.

He also reported that they were throwing rocks at OSUs band in the stands

Except the Pokes will have lost..........again.

Crappy fans in each fan base. But that is why they have rental cars. Just make sure to get the insurance.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 02:34 PM
Here is my prediction for the Monday after Bedlahm 2011.....

My friend just contacted me after coming back from the game. Apparently someone keyed his car while he was at the game. They keyed "POKE" on the side of his car door right below his sooner window flag.

He also reported that they were throwing rocks at OSUs band in the stands

Except the Pokes will have lost..........again.

Crappy fans in each fan base. But that is why they have rental cars. Just make sure to get the insurance.

Why would we throw rocks at our band? The games in Stillwater again next year

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 02:36 PM
Why would we throw rocks at our band? The games in Stillwater again next year

Cause you guys are idiots?

But you get my point numbnuts.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 02:37 PM
Cause you guys are idiots?

But you get my point numbnuts.

I do. I'm just giving you a hard time man :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 02:38 PM
I've had numb nuts before...its a fuzzy feeling

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 02:39 PM
Dont mess with my emotions here today, too much of a high from this weekend to bring me down from.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 02:42 PM
http://thefreshscent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bworm.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
11/29/2010, 04:24 PM

They've always done this! Effing aggies suck shi'ite...