PDA

View Full Version : These A&M fans are a trip

BlownGP
11/28/2010, 06:54 PM
FErkin cry babys..

How can Oklahoma be ranked higher than Texas A&M in the BCS after both them and Nebraska were more recently beaten by A&M

Umm, is math not taught at A&M? You guys have THREE LOSSES.

Read the comments

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34127/bcs-analyst-edwards-ou-headed-to-dallas

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 07:02 PM
Buncha panty wavers

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 07:04 PM
Aggies of pretty much any ilk are missing a few chromosomes.

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 07:05 PM
poor aggy

sooner518
11/28/2010, 07:12 PM
durrr we havent lost since we switched quarterbacks. durrrrr

so your jackhole coaching staff kept the better QB on the bench for half the season, therefore you want us to just forget that the first part of the season never happened?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/wh-double-facepalm.jpg

soonervegas
11/28/2010, 07:16 PM
Here is some logic.....we were the only one of the three to win a road game against the other.

Poor aggies...

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:30 PM
You gooners just don't understand. In a three way tie, the team that beat the team that won the three way tie is always the team that deserves to be there. So, if OSU would have won the three way tie, we would be deserving because we beat them.

See what I just did there?

btk108
11/28/2010, 07:33 PM
You gooners just don't understand. In a three way tie, the team that beat the team that won the three way tie is always the team that deserves to be there. So, if OSU would have won the three way tie, we would be deserving because we beat them.

Don't make me spank you!

MeMyself&Me
11/28/2010, 07:36 PM
Man, I've been arguing all day with A&M fan about this. The significance of that third loss is really hard to grasp for some reason. He's willing to accept that someone was going to get a raw deal from the tie breaker but genuinely thinks that we should be looking at A&M's wins INSTEAD of its losses.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:36 PM
Don't make me spank you!

No comment

sexual harassment!!!!

btk108
11/28/2010, 07:37 PM
Tell them to hire a plane with a banner and fly around Jerry's World. HAH! they probably will even though roof is closed. DOOFUS's

bluedogok
11/28/2010, 07:39 PM
Man, I've been arguing all day with A&M fan about this. The significance of that third loss is really hard to grasp for some reason. He's willing to accept that someone was going to get a raw deal from the tie breaker but genuinely thinks that we should be looking at A&M's wins INSTEAD of its losses.
Just tell'em they sound like a bunch of Whorns.......
Are they flying a banner next weekend in Dallas?

Just like that year when OU, the Whorns and Tech tied, the Aggies knew what the rules were before this season started and the A&M brain trust approved them. Just like Whorns they want the rules changed now because it serves their interests....of course I think it is more of a State of Texas thing rather than just a Whorns thing.

OUEngr1990
11/28/2010, 07:43 PM
Those Ags will never figure it out. It will be years from know until they finally get it..

btk108
11/28/2010, 07:43 PM
No comment

sexual harassment!!!!

Let's not get DHS involved. Will you take a check?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:45 PM
Let's not get DHS involved. Will you take a check?

Yes. or gift cards. Any where really. Except I don't shop at walmart. ever.

ThinMan
11/28/2010, 07:51 PM
All A&M fans should be made to read this.

They didn't lose out because of "pre-season bias", heck they WERE the pre-season darlings in the Big12 by the media despite losing 5 of their last 6 games at the end of the previous year (only beating Baylor).

The problem was that they lost three games early, two of them at home, one was a blowout. That dropped them hell and gone from the rankings. So then you have to climb back into the rankings with wins, which they did. But it was going to take monumental wins to jump teams that had LESS loses than you, and especially if their loses are on the road, and yours are at home.

It's simple. OU lost two on the road. OSU and A&M lost two at home. A&M lost a third to a tough non-conference schedule (though not much tougher than OU played). One team stands out and its not the Aggies.

btk108
11/28/2010, 07:52 PM
Yes. or gift cards. Any where really. Except I don't shop at walmart. ever.

Dollar General? You know ya don't have to get dressed up to go there like ya do at Wal-Mart.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:53 PM
Dollar General? You know ya don't have to get dressed up to go there like ya do at Wal-Mart.

LOL DO I LOOK LIKE I SHOP THERE?

btk108
11/28/2010, 08:02 PM
LOL DO I LOOK LIKE I SHOP THERE?

Heh...I don't remember, you ran through the TG. I was busy just checkin to see if yer @ss was on fire :D

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 08:03 PM
Heh...I don't remember, you ran through the TG. I was busy just checkin to see if yer @ss was on fire :D

well the answer is no.

and i don't do outdoors, in oklahoma, in august/september... :D

PDXsooner
11/28/2010, 08:06 PM
Everyone relax, I just called the WHAAAAAAmbulance!

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 08:12 PM

You gave me a migraine is what you did. But the post about sitting the better QB the first half of the season took it all away.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 08:18 PM
You gave me a migraine is what you did. But the post about sitting the better QB the first half of the season took it all away.

We played Landry Jones last year when Sam Bradford was on the bench....

I win!!!!
What do I get?

DisTex
11/28/2010, 08:39 PM
From this Aggie fan, "Congrats and beat Nebraska".

lexsooner
11/28/2010, 08:45 PM
I read one Aggie thread in which an Aggie poster claimed the Aggies were more deserving than OU and OSU because neither of us "played a team the caliber of Arkansas." Seriously. Someone then pointed out we played and beat FSU and we also beat Air Force. Then an Aggie who was obviously never a cadet play soldier and actually had some sense posted that the Aggies lost to Arkansas and have three losses, while OU beat FSU and have two losses and have played a tougher non-conference schedule which Stoops has always done. This poster could have been one of us, but he had an Aggie screen name.

I've never had too much of a problem with the Aggies except with the skin heads in the Hitler youth play soldier outfit. But they are starting to annoy me. What is it with OK or TX aggies who can never quite reach the promised land? They turn into irrational pains in the ars, IMHO.

Landthief 1972
11/28/2010, 08:48 PM
FErkin cry babys..

Read the comments

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34127/bcs-analyst-edwards-ou-headed-to-dallas

Aren't they an engineering school? Alanis should write a song about this...lol

Landthief 1972
11/28/2010, 08:51 PM
Texas, where their universities' Big 12 representatives continue to vote to keep the current tie-breaker in place, then **** and moan when it bites them in the ***. Seriously Aggies, you don't like it? Go bitch to your rep who voted to keep it AGAIN this year. Maybe you can borrow the shorthorns' plane and banner, you crybabies.

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 08:53 PM
They finished 9 spots below us. There's no tiebreaker that could be put into place that would give the division to Texas A&M, other than "If 3 or more teams are tied, Texas A&M shall be the representative". They only have themselves to blame for losing 3 games. Once you do that, it's out of your hands.

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 09:02 PM
Maybe they can ask "Jerod-Eddie Massage Services" to come over and cheer them up.

PLaw
11/28/2010, 09:48 PM
FErkin cry babys..

Read the comments

uhhh, as a long time observer of the corps turds, I think you can chalk this one up to the reason that "aggie" jokes are so prevalent South of the Red.

Boomer

PLaw
11/28/2010, 09:52 PM
Aggies of pretty much any ilk are missing a few chromosomes.

. . . or have experienced too much in-breading down on the farm.

BOOMER

MeMyself&Me
11/28/2010, 10:32 PM
Just tell'em they sound like a bunch of Whorns.......
Are they flying a banner next weekend in Dallas?

Just like that year when OU, the Whorns and Tech tied, the Aggies knew what the rules were before this season started and the A&M brain trust approved them. Just like Whorns they want the rules changed now because it serves their interests....of course I think it is more of a State of Texas thing rather than just a Whorns thing.

The thing that surprised me about his (and other aggies) reaction was that aTm is this years version of '08 Tech. Both are so far out of the discussion that any notion that they should be ranked over the other two is laughable. In '08 we didn't hear much from Tech saying they should win the tie breaker. But we sure do from '10 aTm. Sheesh!

85sooners
11/28/2010, 10:33 PM
:D :D

SoonerMom2
11/28/2010, 11:01 PM
We lived around the Aggies and Longhorns in a town outside of San Antonio -- town was split pretty much in half. Never will forget driving the kids to school and seeing a license plate on the car of an older woman saying I am an Aggie Grandmother -- one small problem -- it was upside down.

Then we had a 5-acre place we drove by every day to get into town -- guy built a replica of the Aggie bonfire -- only smaller. Idiot Aggit lit the wood during a very dry spell, caught the field on fire and the fire came within six feet of his house. We noticed the next year he didn't build the bonfire. :)

Used to think that Aggie jokes were just that until we lived around them. Until we were transferred to Texas, didn't realize that the members of the Corps have no commitment to the military and that a lot of members of their band are chosen for marching not playing an instrument. How many schools wave white hankies to rally their team?

Living around Aggies is an experience I don't want to have again although did get some laughs. Will take living in Norman over any place in Texas!

KNEE BRACE
11/28/2010, 11:02 PM
A&M is in unprecedented territory for them - aka: the top half of the division. Not their fault really that they don't understand the rules for college football's elite.

sooner518
11/29/2010, 10:51 AM
their new argument is "Did OU or OSU play Arkansas?"

aggies distance themselves from longhorns each day I live in Texas.

badger
11/29/2010, 11:05 AM
If it makes them feel better, they should feel worthy because their only losses are to ranked opponents, so perhaps they have a point.

OH WAIT... :D

Mizzou, A&M, Nebraska and OU are all ranked, so OU and OSU have the same argument. Durrrrrrrr, what now

AlboSooner
11/29/2010, 11:07 AM
Meh, we made it to the Big 12 champ game even with the raging political, legal, advertising, media, banner-flying, and monetary Texas machine against us, so I'm not too worried (or impressed with) about A&M's cute shenanigans.

Soonersince57
11/29/2010, 11:42 AM
Watch out though. Texas will sneak in a rule that says division winners are those that finish in last place.

stoopified
11/29/2010, 11:56 AM
The thing that surprised me about his (and other aggies) reaction was that aTm is this years version of '08 Tech. Both are so far out of the discussion that any notion that they should be ranked over the other two is laughable. In '08 we didn't hear much from Tech saying they should win the tie breaker. But we sure do from '10 aTm. Sheesh!True dat

badger
11/29/2010, 12:01 PM
Mike Leach was asked about how he would settle the tiebreaker to get Texas Tech into the Big 12 title game. He said they should go by the player's graduation rates.

No, not kidding. He said that.

It is to be commended that the Pirate Master got his pirates to graduate :)

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 12:04 PM
Eh most Ags aren't crying over it - I don't see a single thread about it on the first page of Texags, except for this one:
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1746071&forum_id=5
which talks about A&M needing to be good several years in a row before it can complain about not getting respect.

3 losses is what it is and I think the BCS polls are pretty accurate as far as where we are. There are quite a few annoying whiners, I'll admit, but I would not say that A&M fans as a whole feel like we should be in the title game. Good luck in it BTW!

MeMyself&Me
11/29/2010, 12:10 PM
It's not a lack of respect thing though. All the teams in the discussion, whatever they're in the discussion about, have 2 losses. aTm has 3. That's why. If aTm had beaten Arky, I think it would have been very very close between OU and aTm.

AggieGirl2005
11/29/2010, 12:16 PM
It's not a lack of respect thing though. All the teams in the discussion, whatever they're in the discussion about, have 2 losses. aTm has 3. That's why. If aTm had beaten Arky, I think it would have been very very close between OU and aTm.

Agreed completely. People arguing for A&M to be ranked higher I guess think that rankings should reflect current status as opposed to the entire body of work, which wouldn't be fair imo. We lost three games; get over it.

The respect issue is a whole different matter - A&M's representation in the media. I don't think we're underrated by the media; if anything, we're overrated given our recent history (of course I personally overrate A&M but I admit I'm biased :) ).

007sooner
11/29/2010, 01:07 PM
as long as the school doesnt officially put a "big xii champship 2010*" sign on their athletic facility, they dont really make the cut of whiners and sore losers. :-)

badger
11/29/2010, 01:15 PM
as long as the school doesnt officially put a "big xii champship 2010*" sign on their athletic facility, they dont really make the cut of whiners and sore losers. :-)

But, if they steal a page outta whorn's playbook and fly a "ENJOY THE BEAT BY TEXASA&M.COM BOWL" they are not just whiners and sore losers, they are mack-level whiners and sore losers.

GrapevineSooner
11/29/2010, 01:16 PM
Most of the whining has actually come from Horn fans still pissed about 2008. They're trying to glom onto A&M's situation I guess.

Fact is, A&M has less of a case than Texas had in 2010. For the most part, the Ags I've talked to have simply said that if Tannehill had started that OSU game instead of Jerrod Johnson, they would have won.

Which they're right, given Johnson's 5 turnovers.

homerSimpsonsBrain
11/29/2010, 01:41 PM
... How many schools wave white hankies to rally their team?

The University of France?? Iraq State?