PDA

View Full Version : Quinton Carter

SoonerPride93
11/28/2010, 03:27 PM
Im sure its already been brought up but this man needs to learn how to tackle.

Every time I say him lead with that head. Everytime ive seen him make a big hit he comes up injured.

Last night when Hunter made that big run I was yelling "Wheres Quinton" sure enough here he comes throwing his head out there and getting his leg. He didnt even put his arms out.

Hella nice picks tho. He trips too easily tho. He did that in the Missou game too.

85sooners
11/28/2010, 03:28 PM
:confused:

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 03:46 PM
Some people are gonna always find something to bitch about.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/28/2010, 03:47 PM
i thought QC had a helluva game....he was everywhere last night!

3rdgensooner
11/28/2010, 03:49 PM
4 tackles and 2 INTs....what a slacker.

btk108
11/28/2010, 03:52 PM
Some people are gonna always find something to bitch about.

stop talking about me in front of my face.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 03:55 PM
Carter was illegally tripped by Blackmon on one of his picks, but the refs missed it. I guess Carter should have expected it and kept his feet.

OkieCory
11/28/2010, 03:57 PM
Thought he had a great game.. only complaint I had was on the Hunter run and had nothing to do with his tackling.. he pushed Hunter out of bounds instead of tackling him IN bounds.. 4 mins to go bro.. up by 9.. the clock is your friend! Keep it running! LOL

OU Engineer
11/28/2010, 03:58 PM
4 tackles and 2 INTs....what a slacker.

the OP needs to learn how to appreciate a good defender

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 04:02 PM
Carter was illegally tripped by Blackmon on one of his picks, but the refs missed it. I guess Carter should have expected it and kept his feet.

I've watched it again and again and again and it seemed that the ag missed. Is the rule you have to make contact or is it just the act of being dumb enough to leg whip at someone is a flag?

Okie35
11/28/2010, 04:06 PM

Every time I say him lead with that head. Everytime ive seen him make a big hit he comes up injured.

Last night when Hunter made that big run I was yelling "Wheres Quinton" sure enough here he comes throwing his head out there and getting his leg. He didnt even put his arms out.

Hella nice picks tho. He trips too easily tho. He did that in the Missou game too.

Did you forget these? ... he's actually our best tackling DB IMO...

ecbU_IsFxWk

KgSi1nG-hkc

ATX Sooner
11/28/2010, 04:10 PM
The OP would complain if he was holding the winning Powerball lottery ticket.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 04:17 PM
Thought he had a great game.. only complaint I had was on the Hunter run and had nothing to do with his tackling.. he pushed Hunter out of bounds instead of tackling him IN bounds.. 4 mins to go bro.. up by 9.. the clock is your friend! Keep it running! LOL

Pushing someone out of bounds only costs a few seconds when there is more than 2 minutes remaining. I say better to be sure and get him out of bounds than risk a guy like Hunter cutting back and breaking a big play. And as it turned out, the real scoring hadn't even started yet in this game ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:18 PM
The OP's concerns are reasonable. He's not calling QC a bad player.

FirstandGoal
11/28/2010, 04:19 PM
There was this one time I was outside and it started raining money.

But it really sucked because I had to bend over to pick it up.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 04:21 PM
I've watched it again and again and again and it seemed that the ag missed. Is the rule you have to make contact or is it just the act of being dumb enough to leg whip at someone is a flag?

I had to watch on espn3 out here on the west coast and couldn't control replay. I saw Blackmon swing at Carter with his leg and then Carter go down. I thought the trip happened.

BTW, ABC thought that UNRANKED USC/ND was a better game to show than OUr game out here in California. Unbelievable.

cccasooner2
11/28/2010, 04:31 PM
The OP would complain if he was holding the winning Powerball lottery ticket.

Damn luck, couldn't it have hit for $328,000,000 instead of only $86,000,000?

btk108
11/28/2010, 04:34 PM
There was this one time I was outside and it started raining money. But it really sucked because I had to bend over to pick it up.

Speaking of sucking

M9M6B9MI-jY

5noubus
11/28/2010, 04:51 PM
Carter is my favorite player. He is as, one person put it 'everywhere.'
He is where he needs to be when it counts. He is great at interceptions and covering receivers.
Although he is fast enough to catch most, he isn’t the best at tackling. He seems to 'sled' behind them instead of wrapping them up. I’ve often wondered why. Is it that he barely catches them and doesn’t have time to tackle them or is it that he doesn’t have great technique? Or maybe he just doesn’t have enough 'lead in his butt' to get them down.
He has had a great year. and even if he’s not great at tackling- he gets the job done. I will miss watching him play next year.

oumartin
11/28/2010, 05:18 PM
blackmon reached out with his hand and got Carter. not with his leg

sooner518
11/28/2010, 05:22 PM
Did you forget these? ... he's actually our best tackling DB IMO...

No disrespect to QC, but I'd say Jefferson is...
and no one tripped QC last night. Looked like Blackmon tried to, but on replay, he was a good foot away from touching him. QC just tripped on the turf

Tigeman
11/28/2010, 05:25 PM
QC - is a helluva of a player and a human being! But for his own safety I do wish he'd quit leading w/ his head. Wasn't it the Missouri game that he had 2 stingers almost back to back or Iowa St. or something?

The guy seems to have an INT almost every single game. He's tits for us! But like I said.... for his own safety I do wish he'd change up his tackling just a tad. The OP does make a valid point, but I think for the wrong reasons.

diegosooner
11/28/2010, 05:35 PM
I had to watch on espn3 out here on the west coast and couldn't control replay. I saw Blackmon swing at Carter with his leg and then Carter go down. I thought the trip happened.

BTW, ABC thought that UNRANKED USC/ND was a better game to show than OUr game out here in California. Unbelievable.

I had to endure espn3 as well. I think their decision is not based on which is the better game, but which game will be watched by more people.

SoonerPride93
11/28/2010, 05:37 PM
People jumping to the conclusion that im bashing the guy. I love the guy im just saying he needs to stop with the leading with the head for his own safety.

BTW I also believe Tony is the best tackling db. Hes made so many open field/ first down saving tackles.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 05:41 PM
I had to endure espn3 as well. I think their decision is not based on which is the better game, but which game will be watched by more people.

Yes, mis-wording on my part. I would still think real CFB fans would be more interested in a virtual playoff game like OUrs than mediocre 'SC/ND. Especially here in northern CA where there is little love for 'SC. Take goodness for espn3 where the feed is pretty good, but not a good as cable.

Okie35
11/28/2010, 05:46 PM
No disrespect to QC, but I'd say Jefferson is...
and no one tripped QC last night. Looked like Blackmon tried to, but on replay, he was a good foot away from touching him. QC just tripped on the turf

I put Jefferson at a strong second. I think Jefferson has better form but Carter makes game changing hits. Hurst is also a pretty good tackler in space.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 07:17 PM
SuM OFF UsE KNEAd ToO LErNE To Werd Yer PeStS BeTtA

soonerchk
11/28/2010, 09:31 PM

Man, it's nice we're going to the conference championship again, but can you imagine how bad the traffic is going to be, and how expensive the food is at the stadium??? I bet you'll even have to stand in line to get to the bathroom!

CrimsonJim
11/28/2010, 09:33 PM
Man, it's nice we're going to the conference championship again, but can you imagine how bad the traffic is going to be, and how expensive the food is at the stadium??? I bet you'll even have to stand in line to get to the bathroom!

Say it isn't so!! :eek:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/28/2010, 09:35 PM
the OP has a point about the lowering the head part - QC is going to end up with some serious neck/concussion problems if he doesn't learn to keep his head up.

then the OP dwindled off into noob land and i lost interest

soonerchk
11/28/2010, 09:37 PM
Say it isn't so!! :eek:

Do we even need to talk about ticket prices???

cvsooner
11/28/2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, mis-wording on my part. I would still think real CFB fans would be more interested in a virtual playoff game like OUrs than mediocre 'SC/ND. Especially here in northern CA where there is little love for 'SC. Take goodness for espn3 where the feed is pretty good, but not a good as cable.

I was able to watch the game on espn3 myself in central California. I'm glad I got to see the game but I admit I was getting really really tired of seeing the same six commercials for espn channels over and over. did they run anything else?

Blues1
11/28/2010, 09:55 PM

Yep - ( also in California) - I almost didn't see Our Game - Thanks to someone on this BOARD who posted a Link on the internet - I got to see
to game starting in 2nd Quarter ---- Thank You - Thank You....!!!
Still Rockin'
PS - 58 years a Soooner Fan - Last Night was One of Best highlights of those
58 years -- (Almost as good as OU vs Ohio State first time with VS- "The Field Goal Kick" ) - Now let's go to 12 and 2 for The Season --- :)

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 10:18 PM
I had to endure the Samsung ad on espn3 as well.

FIFY

soonerloyal
11/28/2010, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry for that suckage. But still I LOL'd hard at Mitch Mustain's "big debut". Got rolled by ND. Harrrrrr dee harrr.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/KevAndLori/Lolz.png

NOVSooner
12/22/2010, 10:53 AM
From Carter the player, to Carter the person: Great Article!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101221_92_B1_CUTLIN968444

madillsoonerfan5353
12/22/2010, 11:14 AM
Mr. Carter tossed me one of his gloves after the CCG! I will miss QC, he is one of my favorite SOONERS!!!!

BOOMER!!

:gary:

KuppiKunta
12/22/2010, 11:19 AM
That should be "All-American, Quinton Carter"!

blaine4oh5
12/22/2010, 03:52 PM
QC - is a helluva of a player and a human being! But for his own safety I do wish he'd quit leading w/ his head. Wasn't it the Missouri game that he had 2 stingers almost back to back or Iowa St. or something?

The guy seems to have an INT almost every single game. He's tits for us! But like I said.... for his own safety I do wish he'd change up his tackling just a tad. The OP does make a valid point, but I think for the wrong reasons.

The guy has 4 picks this season and two came from bedlam. That is far from almost every game.

I do think he is always where he needs to be to make plays but it just seems like he is always trying to make the big hit and never wraps anybody up. Granted it usually works, i just wish he would wrap up every play.