PDA

View Full Version : How about some love for Wilson?

thecynic
11/28/2010, 02:10 PM
People seem to be all over him when we lose. He called a helluva game last night. He should get some props. Taking State's own formation and shoving it down their throats was my favorite.

oh and a TE running behind the secondary that fooled everyone.

CatfishSooner
11/28/2010, 02:11 PM
props to wilson...

thecynic
11/28/2010, 02:14 PM
props to wilson...

that's all I ask

SoonerPride93
11/28/2010, 02:29 PM
I give him props but he needs to work on his offense in the redzone. We dont have Gresh to bail us out down there.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 02:34 PM
People seem to be all over him when we lose. He called a helluva game last night. He should get some props. Taking State's own formation and shoving it down their throats was my favorite.

Typical Gooner cheats! No creativity! Have to steal our formations!!

I think KW has done well since he's been here. Now where is Curly Bill?

47straight
11/28/2010, 02:35 PM
Their formation? I know you ain't talkin bout the SHOTBONE.

aurorasooner
11/28/2010, 02:42 PM
It took a while for him to come up with a formation and some decent plays (motion, shift, etc) to jump-start our running game, although, imo, there are still too many negative running plays (2 yard gain or less) and still too many defenders at our rushing game's point of attack, and w/o DM's determination last night, there probably would have been too many negative rushing plays. (D&^n, that short run for the 1st down which he barely made was probably the best short yardage run I've seen in 30 years) and the running play design on which Millard scored was genius.
I definitely give KW props on calling the deep ball to Hanna which imo was one of the great OC calls of 2010. After the aggie's KO return, I just knew we were going to go in that shell of playing it safe with running plays for 3 downs, then punt it, and try to let our D win it (which has been our MO over the years), ending up losing it by 1 on a long FG. (Still not sure if he would've called that deep ball if we were up by 3 instead of 2). The coaching job by our staff on both sides of the ball these last 2 road games has been excellent (which should be the norm for Sooner Football).

TahoeSOONER
11/28/2010, 02:48 PM
Big ups to Wilson! The man was in his element last night.

LoveDemSooners
11/28/2010, 02:50 PM
Hopefully he will call great plays against the cornf*ckers, oops I mean cornhuskers

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 02:51 PM
Kevin Wilson was NAILZ last night.. He could have went turtle after the turnovers but he didn't.. Thank you KW

GKeeper316
11/28/2010, 02:52 PM
when the players execute, wilson's a genius.

when the players dont hold their blocks, or recievers drop passes, or madu fumbles the ball wilson's an *******.

lasooner123
11/28/2010, 03:07 PM
he actually called plays.

some wks we appear to go brain dead and run the most basic boring unthoughtful uncreative plays.

if he called plays like he did this wk hed be one of the best in the land. prob is next wk we could go under center and run the same 2 plays for 3 quarters

sozo
11/28/2010, 03:23 PM
I definitely give KW props on calling the deep ball to Hanna which imo was one of the great OC calls of 2010.

That's exactly what I was going to say!

85sooners
11/28/2010, 03:26 PM
:cool:

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 03:31 PM
Stoops said it best when some nimrod reporter tried to ask him why the away game/4th quarter was different last night. He said "the difference? Our players executed. They made tackles and played disciplined, assignment football. They made plays when we needed them to."

The coach-bashing mouth breathers just don't get it. If Hanna and Kenney dropped those balls Wilson would be a massive dildo, and the haters would be calling for Stoops' head. You POS haters know it's true.

Personally, I don't know how the haters can even look in the mirror in the morning.

thecynic
11/28/2010, 03:57 PM
Stoops said it best when some nimrod reporter tried to ask him why the away game/4th quarter was different last night. He said "the difference? Our players executed. They made tackles and played disciplined, assignment football. They made plays when we needed them to."

The coach-bashing mouth breathers just don't get it. If Hanna and Kenney dropped those balls Wilson would be a massive dildo, and the haters would be calling for Stoops' head. You POS haters know it's true.

Personally, I don't know how the haters can even look in the mirror in the morning.

this has been my point all year to the Wilson/Venables haters.

OU Engineer
11/28/2010, 04:00 PM
I give him props but he needs to work on his offense in the redzone. We dont have Gresh to bail us out down there.

dude do you know how to appreciate a win? Every post of yours is just bitching bout something.

KW tore it up last night and I'll gladly "give it up" to him.

rekamrettuB
11/28/2010, 04:01 PM
Props to Wilson.

3rdgensooner
11/28/2010, 04:01 PM
this has been my point all year to the Wilson/Venables haters.
sunshine pumper

OUmillenium
11/28/2010, 04:04 PM
It took a while for him to come up with a formation and some decent plays (motion, shift, etc) to jump-start our running game, although, imo, there are still too many negative running plays (2 yard gain or less) and still too many defenders at our rushing game's point of attack, and w/o DM's determination last night, there probably would have been too many negative rushing plays. (D&^n, that short run for the 1st down which he barely made was probably the best short yardage run I've seen in 30 years) and the running play design on which Millard scored was genius.
I definitely give KW props on calling the deep ball to Hanna which imo was one of the great OC calls of 2010. After the aggie's KO return, I just knew we were going to go in that shell of playing it safe with running plays for 3 downs, then punt it, and try to let our D win it (which has been our MO over the years), ending up losing it by 1 on a long FG. (Still not sure if he would've called that deep ball if we were up by 3 instead of 2). The coaching job by our staff on both sides of the ball these last 2 road games has been excellent (which should be the norm for Sooner Football).

I agree with this guy. The late game pass calls by Wilson were stellar.

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 04:07 PM
I agree with this guy. The late game pass calls by Wilson were stellar.
The calls were OK. The players executing them to perfection was stellar - and what has been missing in our losses and 4th quarter meltdowns.

Okie35
11/28/2010, 04:10 PM
when the players execute, wilson's a genius.

when the players dont hold their blocks, or recievers drop passes, or madu fumbles the ball wilson's an *******.

Pretty much how it works lol

stoopified
11/28/2010, 04:14 PM
Always

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:18 PM

Actually if KW would've made calls like he did last night we would still be undefeated (most likely) That was the best game he called all year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Stoops can say what he wants to but the texas A&M game especially was KW just sucking.

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 04:21 PM
As I have said before in the multitude of incarnations I have posted under in the past five years in the midst of bannery (1500 posts?) Coaches coach and players play. Picking on one player or coach is the true sign of one that rides the band wagon. And no I'm not Nick Zeppelin.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:21 PM
Actually if KW would've made calls like he did last night we would still be undefeated (most likely).

Sure if the players execute them. Remember he called a play against ATM where the WR was wide open, and Landry overthrew him.

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 04:24 PM
Actually if KW would've made calls like he did last night we would still be undefeated (most likely) That was the best game he called all year. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Stoops can say what he wants to but the texas A&M game especially was KW just sucking.

Yeah buddy, you got it all right alright.:rolleyes: We spot them 9 points in the first 2 minutes, and then we don't score 3-4 times inside the 5-yard line, miss FGs, and it's all Wilson's fault. You're a ****ing genius.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 04:27 PM
Sure if the players execute them. Remember he called a play against ATM where the WR was wide open, and Landry overthrew him.

And the fake FG where Hanna dropped a sure TD. Both losses were buy more than 1 score, so the team "earned" them - players and coaches.

Cornfed
11/28/2010, 04:28 PM
We didn't score everytime we had the ball KW Stinks!!!

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/28/2010, 04:35 PM

I totally agree!!

oumartin
11/28/2010, 04:36 PM
Nobody here thought kw would call that play to hannah. Why, because he goes ultra conservative. He gets predictable. That said he called a good game. A&m loaded the box inside the ten and he called run plays. Last night osu had a three man front inside the ten and he called pass plays. Nobodys perfect.
I aint dogging him either

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/28/2010, 04:37 PM
I still think that key to last nights game was clutch kicking by Stevens. If we don't have those points the game goes much different in terms of momentum and score.

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah buddy, you got it all right alright.:rolleyes: We spot them 9 points in the first 2 minutes, and then we don't score 3-4 times inside the 5-yard line, miss FGs, and it's all Wilson's fault. You're a ****ing genius.

you're the ****ing genius bud you must have your kw glasses on again. all he ran inside the 10 were hand offs right up the gut against a&m no variety and they shut it down. you ****ing moron. Pay attention I said he did good last night but that doesn't mean he didn't suck earlier in the year. I in fact said last night's game was the best one he has called all year.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:39 PM
Nobody here thought kw would call that play to hannah. Why, because he goes ultra conservative. He gets predictable

Again, I'm not so sure that's true. Landry may have been given the option to go deeper but chose not because of 4th quarter jitters.

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:39 PM
And the fake FG where Hanna dropped a sure TD. Both losses were buy more than 1 score, so the team "earned" them - players and coaches.

I give stoops the props for the fake fg call not kw and it was good call and that 1 can be blamed on the players failing to execute.

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:40 PM
I still think that key to last nights game was clutch kicking by Stevens. If we don't have those points the game goes much different in terms of momentum and score.

agreed.

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:41 PM
Again, I'm not so sure that's true. Landry may have been given the option to go deeper but chose not because of 4th quarter jitters.

wrong.

winout
11/28/2010, 04:44 PM

Are you kidding? The "haters" on these boards and in the media have turned this season around for us. I'll accept your congratulations on last night's non-conservative playcalling late that won that game for us since the coaches have obviously gotten the message we have sent that that will get you beat on the road. Kudos, now to Wilson for making changes necessary. Now let's just keep this mo and keep the adjustments coming.

It's said that "great men learn from other people's mistake, average learn from their own and a fool learns from neither." In this case Wilson and Stoops have learn from their own mistakes. Big thing are ahead for us if we continue learning/changing and getting better as a team.

pappy
11/28/2010, 04:45 PM
Are you kidding? The "haters" on these boards and in the media have turned this season around for us. I'll accept your congratulations on last night's non-conservative playcalling late that won that game for us since the coaches have obviously gotten the message we have sent that that will get you beat on the road. Kudos, now to Wilson for making changes necessary. Now let's just keep this mo and keep the adjustments coming.

It's said that "great men learn from other people's mistake, average learn from their own and a fool learns from neither." In this case Wilson and Stoops have learn from their own mistakes. Big thing are ahead for us if we continue learning/changing and getting better as a team.

right on!

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:49 PM
Are you kidding? The "haters" on these boards and in the media have turned this season around for us. I'll accept your congratulations on last night's non-conservative playcalling late that won that game for us since the coaches have obviously gotten the message we have sent that that will get you beat on the road.

WTF? Is Willie Nelson now posting on SoonerFans?

http://www.middlebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Marijuana_Leaf.jpg

Curly Bill
11/28/2010, 04:52 PM
Props to Wilson for finally coming up with some creative and successful play calling. Hell, no wonder Hanna was so wide open, did anyone think Mr. Big 10 was going to do anything but send the TB into the buttcheek of one of the guards right there?

So...props to him for at last pulling his head out of his arse. :D

Maybe Bob in some way suggested that'd be a really good thing to do???

StiffArmTrophy
11/28/2010, 04:55 PM
Kevin Wilson called a great game last night! The players also executed his plays called last night for the most part. He seemed to call the perfect plays in the right situations last night and I definately feel that it helped to quiet their crowd down many times!

cccasooner2
11/28/2010, 04:57 PM
I was waiting for Curly Bill to reply before I would commit. :)

OK, here's some love (in a FB kind of way).

soonercastor
11/28/2010, 04:58 PM
So some of you are arguing that the play calling was exactly the same, but the players executed better?

I saw a little bit of both.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:58 PM
Props to Wilson for finally coming up with some creative and successful play calling. Hell, no wonder Hanna was so wide open, did anyone think Mr. Big 10 was going to do anything but send the TB into the buttcheek of one of the guards right there?

So...props to him for at last pulling his head out of his arse. :D

Maybe Bob in some way suggested that'd be a really good thing to do???

Ladies and gentlemen, that is as close as we will get to Curly Bill complimenting anything done by KW. Don't push him any more; he's obviously hurting.

5noubus
11/28/2010, 05:00 PM
I have to admit Ive been a FIRE WILSON poster several times.
However, He has done a great job the last 3 games. Ive been impressed.
There was one call when we had to kick a FG because we ran 3 pass plays in a row instead of getting the 3rd and 4. I was worried it was going to be the begining of conserventive mode.
But I think hes been great and I have a new appreciation for him after the last few games.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/28/2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry I just cant give any credit. The highest scoring offense in the history of the game in 2008 didn't really happen. No sir, his critics on this message board know so much more than he does. In fact, he's no better than those other incompetents like Brent Venables and Big Game Bob who cant win on the road.

winout
11/28/2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry I just cant give any credit. The highest scoring offense in the history of the game in 2008 didn't really happen. No sir, his critics on this message board know so much more than he does. In fact, he's no better than those other incompetents like Brent Venables and Big Game Bob who cant win on the road.

When you have NFL talent like we did in 08 I'd hope you could hang 50 on the likes of UW and ISU but what about when you are against teams with equal talent? He couldn't even get key first downs against UT and UF let alone score when it really counted. I don't expect him to win every game but we should rarely if never lose to the likes of Mizzou and aTm (this year).

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 05:12 PM
When you have NFL talent like we did in 08 I'd hope you could hang 50 on the likes of UW and ISU but what about when you are against teams with equal talent? He couldn't even get key first downs against UT and UF let alone score when it really counted. I don't expect him to win every game but we should rarely if never lose to the likes of Mizzou and aTm (this year).

Or Kansas (1975)?

oumartin
11/28/2010, 05:13 PM
Or Kansas (1975)?

Food poison moron!

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 05:17 PM
you're the ****ing genius bud you must have your kw glasses on again. all he ran inside the 10 were hand offs right up the gut against a&m no variety and they shut it down. you ****ing moron. Pay attention I said he did good last night but that doesn't mean he didn't suck earlier in the year. I in fact said last night's game was the best one he has called all year.

And if those plays up the gut would have worked would KW still be a POS like you think? Those plays should have worked. We got positive yardage almost every running play last night. Why? Cause players blocked, and running backs ran like they were possessed. If Wilson would have thrown the ball inside the 5 against A&M and wasn't successful you'd be the first one to go "**** you Wilson!! Run it you dumbass!!"

You're a ****ing buffoon who wouldn't know a good block from a blow job. We won so Wilson gets props. We lose, and it's his fault. Fool.

winout
11/28/2010, 05:17 PM
Or Kansas (1975)?

I'd say if that would be the only one since '75 that would qualify as rarely.

Sabanball
11/28/2010, 05:18 PM
I agree, the play-calling on O, especially in the last 3 mins, was nothing short of spectacular and gutsy--and it paid off. But, despite giving up 41 pts, your D made stops when it counted and seemed to have Weeden off balance most of the night--I could have sworn that some of your formations on that side of the ball looked a lot like the "50 D" that Saban employs here. Looks like that little visit he made to Tuscaloosa may have paid for itself last night.:)

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 05:19 PM
I'd say if that would be the only one since '75 that would qualify as rarely.

Do you want me to post the results of 1976?

C&CDean

So Wilson lost those two games huh? He let the opening kickoff get ran back. He gave up a safety to start the game. He dropped the pass on the fake FG. Some of you guys are beyond rich. You and your boy pappy need to get a room and beat off to a hanging-Wilson effigy.

StoopTroup
oops....

rite

soonercastor
11/28/2010, 05:20 PM
I But, despite giving up 41 pts

They gave up 24 points actually.

winout
11/28/2010, 05:21 PM
. We won so Wilson gets props. We lose, and it's his fault. Fool.

No, eek out wins against the likes of USU and you don't get props.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 05:21 PM
Do you want me to post the results of 1976?

Is that when you were incubated?

http://www.reptilechannel.com/images/reptile-news/gecko-ct-scan-500.jpg

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 05:25 PM

So Wilson eeked that one out huh? I didn't know he still had eligibility.

I also didn't know he coached the D, ST, and ran the referees. Some of you guys slay me with your stupidity.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 05:26 PM

I SMELL CORN MIXED WITH BUTT JELLY

winout
11/28/2010, 05:32 PM
I SMELL CORN MIXED WITH BUTT JELLY

Nope, 87 grad. Live in Oregon now, still a season ticket holder. Tulsa still my "hometown." Doubt a husker would remember details of UW blowout, the Oregon debacle as those were the last games I attended. As I tell my boys, you can go to any college you want to, I'll pay if you go to OU!!! :D

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 05:36 PM
Is that when you were incubated?

Okay, okay. "Gee, Willie Nelson is sure swell, even if he is a druggie."

Happy now?

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 05:39 PM

We ran up 422 yards on USU, but gave up 421. I suppose that's KW's fault.

cvsooner
11/28/2010, 06:16 PM
I daresay the temporary (I hope) loss of Murray may have altered the playcalling a little...forcing Wilson to get a little more creative.

wishbonesooner
11/28/2010, 06:17 PM

KW was money last night, I give it up to him. Makes you wonder what could have been with that kind of play calling all season.

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 06:29 PM
Make it stop.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/28/2010, 06:32 PM
Tulsa_Fireman's Football Points to Ponder

The TE zipper was there all night. O State safeties lived 7-8 yards from the line of scrimmage in every TE set and were scoping run support all night from those sets. If my fat *** can pick it up from the couch, any OC with a half nickel worth of sense would've picked this up. This and this alone explains James Hanna's touches and the success.

On the other end of this, embarassingly so, O State LB play was trash outside of the box on wide sets. Quick to flare, quick to abandon the under read to occupy the zone, so fast to be deep when they didn't want to be deep, particularly with the tons of Quarters and Thirds the O State secondary played. Herbstriet mentioned going deep to reset the safeties and he was partially correct. But in spread sets, O State kept falling back to Quarters, those LBs kept flaring, and the shallow crossing passes were asking to go for money. Cam Kenney took advantage of this very thing.

Which means what?

It means that Kevin Wilson read what the O State defense was doing and took advantage of it. Not enough and not appropriately sometimes, but he saw the weak spot and nailed it. Everything else is on the players.

And when those two things come together, guess what? Touchdown, Oklahoma.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 06:41 PM
I daresay the temporary (I hope) loss of Murray may have altered the playcalling a little...forcing Wilson to get a little more creative.

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 06:46 PM
Nope, 87 grad. Live in Oregon now, still a season ticket holder. Tulsa still my "hometown." Doubt a husker would remember details of UW blowout, the Oregon debacle as those were the last games I attended. As I tell my boys, you can go to any college you want to, I'll pay if you go to OU!!! :D

tHERE's At lEAsT 2 hUSKerS On ThIS bOArD THAT knOW mORE abOUt OU fOOtBalL thEN u sEAM tO kNOw. sO i'm nOT cOnvINceD.

MR2-Sooner86
11/28/2010, 06:52 PM
Sure I'll give him love...love to hate on him. Field goals instead of TD's? Who does he think he is Greg Davis!? Fire his ***! He obviously didn't do enough to win the game...

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 06:54 PM
Thank goodness the players quit listening to him.

MR2-Sooner86
11/28/2010, 06:56 PM
His gameplan to stop OSU's offense didn't work either as the score was too close for comfrot. Seriously, are we paying him to just dick around all week?

soonercastor
11/28/2010, 07:21 PM
(No Message)

Rickety_Syd
11/28/2010, 07:27 PM
Of course, if those pass plays fail, then Wilson is an idiot and this is a whole different thread.

Players have to make plays.

waynepayne
11/28/2010, 07:41 PM

great. The OF biotches are here...

agoo758
11/28/2010, 08:15 PM
I've criticized Wilson in the past, but he called a very good game yesterday.

ashley
11/28/2010, 08:27 PM
Everyone is an expert at f......, BBQing and calling plays. Everyony has experience f...... and BBQing but 99.5% have never called a play. What make everyone think they can do it.

SoonerMarkVA
11/28/2010, 08:59 PM
Wilson made good calls, and Jones made the throws, when we had to have it. We took the blows and then landed two devastating punches. They get the credit from me.

And, damn, Kenney deserved a game ball. He was absolutely clutch yesterday.

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 09:26 PM
That throw to Hanna was the best of his career. Damn well fooled me too. Never saw it coming... and thankfully, neither did the Pokes.

birddog
11/28/2010, 09:44 PM
i wish i knew enough about football to criticize wilson.

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 10:35 PM
i wish i knew enough about football to criticize wilson.

This is the wisest post in this thread.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 10:49 PM
This is the wisest post in this thread.

I think I know why you said that.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 11:05 PM
Everyone is an expert at f......, BBQing and calling plays. Everyony has experience f...... and BBQing but 99.5% have never called a play. What make everyone think they can do it.

Hindsight.

That's it. Hindsight.

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 11:08 PM
Ignorance.

That's it. Sheer stupidity.

Fixed, and I agree.

boomermagic
11/28/2010, 11:22 PM
Fixed, and I agree.

LOL :pop:

Fraggle145
11/28/2010, 11:48 PM
Their formation? I know you ain't talkin bout the SHOTBONE.

SHOTBONE!!!!

mightysooner
11/29/2010, 11:43 AM

^^^^ This. I don't care what Stoops says either. He (Wilson) should've been doing these things all season long (I think that's obvious now) instead of lazily depending on the bubble screen and Ryan Broyles over and over to bail him out so he didn't have to actually do any work in tweaking our offense. I think who REALLY deserves credit isn't KW. It's the very vocal, loudmouth, fiery fans (the true fans, not the kool-aid drinkers) who aren't afraid to call out our anointed little kings (coaches) for slacking (which they obviously were) that got the offense turned around. They are the ones who keep the fatcats in the program honest. That's clearly what happened this year.

It wasn't until KW and Stoops himself started getting called out with intense pressure from the fans (post A&M incompetence) and the media that he actually started to do his damn job. So no I'm not going to "give him love" for doing what he's (over) paid to do all along, yet failed to do until intense, career threatening pressure was applied. And our team suddenly finds it's road legs after our staff is put under the gun and called out for their road game preparation and glaring weakness abroad? That's called fat catting folks. I'm going to give love to the real Sooner fans out there because they're the ones who really care the most and keep the program honest, and free of parasitic little check cashers. The Sooner fans who don't swing from a coaches nutsack because he happens to have a Norman zip code. The Sooner fans who don't accept mediocrity, spoon fed excuses, or passive/aggressive deflections of blame on to the players.

Thank you, real Sooner fans, for having the objectiveness to see when a spade is a spade, and the nuts to stand up to the "royals" down in Norman instead of just "eating cake" like you're told with the rest of the sheeple serfs. Here's to you!

tcrb
11/29/2010, 12:05 PM
Props? Wilson's play calling is supposed to get us in the end zone on every damn drive! We punted 5 times and kicked 4 field goals in that game! That's 51 points we left on the field! He should be fired, and take that Venebles guy with him since his crappy defense allowed the number 1 offense in the conference to score 27 points!
:rolleyes: :stunned: :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Sooners78
11/29/2010, 12:33 PM
I had no idea Hanna was that fast!

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 01:54 PM
^^^^ This. I don't care what Stoops says either. He (Wilson) should've been doing these things all season long (I think that's obvious now) instead of lazily depending on the bubble screen and Ryan Broyles over and over to bail him out so he didn't have to actually do any work in tweaking our offense. I think who REALLY deserves credit isn't KW. It's the very vocal, loudmouth, fiery fans (the true fans, not the kool-aid drinkers) who aren't afraid to call out our anointed little kings (coaches) for slacking (which they obviously were) that got the offense turned around. They are the ones who keep the fatcats in the program honest. That's clearly what happened this year.

This is what we call delusions of grandeur.

I have seen some whacked opinions on this board (and I've been behind a few of them), but the notion that Stoops demanded changes because of fan opinion is bone-dead retarded.

winout
11/29/2010, 02:02 PM
^^^^ This. I don't care what Stoops says either. He (Wilson) should've been doing these things all season long (I think that's obvious now) instead of lazily depending on the bubble screen and Ryan Broyles over and over to bail him out so he didn't have to actually do any work in tweaking our offense.

It wasn't until KW and Stoops himself started getting called out with intense pressure from the fans (post A&M incompetence) and the media that he actually started to do his damn job.

Thank you, real Sooner fans, for having the objectiveness to see when a spade is a spade, and the nuts to stand up to the "royals" down in Norman instead of just "eating cake" like you're told with the rest of the sheeple serfs. Here's to you!

Post of the year nomination. Well written, Sir!

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 02:15 PM
Post of the year nomination. Well written, Sir!

You and mightysooner should create a club. Call it The Napoleans. You can hold your meetings at the local nut house.

2121Sooner
11/29/2010, 02:33 PM
theCynic is a Wilson apologist.

C&CDean
11/29/2010, 03:15 PM

It wasn't until KW and Stoops himself started getting called out with intense pressure from the fans (post A&M incompetence) and the media that he actually started to do his damn job. So no I'm not going to "give him love" for doing what he's (over) paid to do all along, yet failed to do until intense, career threatening pressure was applied. And our team suddenly finds it's road legs after our staff is put under the gun and called out for their road game preparation and glaring weakness abroad? That's called fat catting folks. I'm going to give love to the real Sooner fans out there because they're the ones who really care the most and keep the program honest, and free of parasitic little check cashers. The Sooner fans who don't swing from a coaches nutsack because he happens to have a Norman zip code. The Sooner fans who don't accept mediocrity, spoon fed excuses, or passive/aggressive deflections of blame on to the players.

You, sir, are seriously lacking anything that even remotely resembles intelligence. In other words, you're one dumb ****. Join the other 2-3 already in this thread. You/they know who they are. If you're really stupid enough to think Stoops started pressuring Wilson because you and a ignorant group of other fans rag on Wilson then you are stupid indeed.

waynepayne
11/29/2010, 03:50 PM
I heart this board.

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2010, 04:35 PM

I have a hunch that some of these morons are BBQ-only, if you get my meaning.

They're the kind of idiot that would complain that Heidi Klum has bony knees.

SoonerInSpringdale
11/29/2010, 04:38 PM
You have to be kidding me right?

We were lucky to win. You kick that many FGs in the redzone and it normally will come back to bite you. It could have on Saturday as well.

Kevin Wilson is a B-U-M.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/29/2010, 04:39 PM
give me credit..i invented those plays

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2010, 04:39 PM
You know, I knew a guy who was one of these "vocal, loudmouth, fiery fans" that got mentioned. He had a few idears about how to defend a mobile QB and thought he'd share them with Coach Stoops at a meet-n-greet several years back. Stoops did exactly as he should have done and said to this jerk "When you coach a team, that's how YOU should handle it."

To think that a coach at that level gives two ****s about what some mouthbreather on a website has to say about how they provide for their family and perform their profession...well that's beyond stupid.

SoonerInSpringdale
11/29/2010, 04:40 PM
I have a hunch that some of these morons are BBQ-only, if you get my meaning.

They're the kind of idiot that would complain that Heidi Klum has bony knees.

Just because a team wins it means every coach is awesome? Just because a coach is coaching in college means his decision making is beyond reproach? Come on.

I'm sure you had a big "I <3 Kevin Wilson" shirt on after our debacle in 2008 against Florida too.

You Wilson defenders are strange. Makes me think you have never coached football and probably never played it.

SoonerAtKU
11/29/2010, 04:41 PM
Strike a nerve?

Lighten up, Francis.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 04:56 PM
Just because a team wins it means every coach is awesome? Just because a coach is coaching in college means his decision making is beyond reproach? Come on.

I'm sure you had a big "I <3 Kevin Wilson" shirt on after our debacle in 2008 against Florida too.

You Wilson defenders are strange. Makes me think you have never coached football and probably never played it.

I never coached football. But those that selected KW as Assistant Coach of the Year have. And you may as well throw Bob Stoops in there as well. They know far more than you, and they think he's pretty good, if not great.

Could they be wrong? Sure. But I'm not going to discount their opinion just because you don't like him.

KW has one job --get his teams to score. And his teams have scored. In fact, his 2008 team scored more points than anyone ever has, at least in modern history. This may be hard for you to acknowledge, but KW is highly respected around the country. Only Sooner fans dislike him, and for the same reasons that just about every fan base hates their OC. It's just what fans do.

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2010, 05:03 PM
Only Sooner fans dislike him, and for the same reasons that just about every fan base hates their OC. It's just what fans do.

Actually, I've figure it out! Sooner fans hate KW right after a game where opposing fans fall in love with their defensive coordinator. I know that's shocking, but I've checked the data 3 times and, by golly, it's the truth!!

soonercastor
11/29/2010, 05:22 PM
WOW you guys argue that the play calling has been the same all year and call other people idiots? Was the execution better? Oh yeah MUCH better, that doesn't mean the play calling was the same. Go check the end of the games against Utah State and Air Force and look at what plays were called to ice the game. The whole team has gotten better, and that includes play-calling.

Now I'm sure if that pass to Hanna and/or Kenney were incomplete people would be *****ing about why we were throwing the ball instead of running out the clock.

Bottom line is the execution was better, but so was the play-calling.

SouthFortySooner
11/29/2010, 06:18 PM

The same goes for the Millard blast up the middle for a touchdown. The T-shirt ridin up over their pot-gut armchair coaches have screamed at dives just like this one. These know-it-all ME ME Me's operate strictly under a hindsight mentality.

It is amazing to me how well Wilson operates with only moments between plays. Yet these pimple-butt protestors feel they have the right to second guess him. I have seen these types all my life. Lives so full of sourness they want to infect all those around them like a cancerous pox.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 06:25 PM
WOW you guys argue that the play calling has been the same all year and call other people idiots? Was the execution better? Oh yeah MUCH better, that doesn't mean the play calling was the same. Go check the end of the games against Utah State and Air Force and look at what plays were called to ice the game. The whole team has gotten better, and that includes play-calling.

I think the play calling has evolved as the players gain experience and the coaches learn more about what the players can do. Whether or not it has gotten better is hard to gauge. How do you even measure that? You would have to know what would have happened if a different play had been called, and that is impossible. (Or you can assume that a different play would have worked, which seems to be the M.O. of the KW bashers.)

soonercastor
11/29/2010, 06:37 PM
I think the play calling has evolved as the players gain experience and the coaches learn more about what the players can do. Whether or not it has gotten better is hard to gauge. How do you even measure that? You would have to know what would have happened if a different play had been called, and that is impossible. (Or you can assume that a different play would have worked, which seems to be the M.O. of the KW bashers.)

Like I said just take a look at the final plays in the tight games earlier this year. But yeah it does have to do with them knowing more about the offense and trusting Landry more, because earlier they would just put it in the hands of our senior: DM7.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 06:55 PM
Like I said just take a look at the final plays in the tight games earlier this year.

Another thing to consider is that playcalling comes down to more than just two plays out of 105.

mhackl
11/29/2010, 07:10 PM
I was getting a kick out hearing Kirk Herb continually saying that we needed to go vertical three consecutive possessions. I wanted to tell him to save his breath that KW would wait until it was expected by the opposing dc. NOT BEING A KW HATER, but while the improved play calling was head and shoulders above that of recent history, there were still several head scratching moments. Still much room for improvement.

post your "Well I guess I should burn my season tickets" posts below

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 07:21 PM
I was getting a kick out hearing Kirk Herb continually saying that we needed to go vertical three consecutive possessions. I wanted to tell him to save his breath that KW would wait until it was expected by the opposing dc.

If Kirk Herb wants to be an OC, let him try. My gut feeling is that the fans will be wanting his head within a few games.

It is essentially impossible to avoid fan criticism as an OC. One missed block and a great play call turns into a horrible play call. The trouble is the fans forget the great play calls but complain about the horrible calls for an eternity.

In truth, KW's job is to design an offense that scores. We scored 47 against a team that had not allowed that many points all year. Ergo, KW did a good job.

Our offense is ranked #16 in scoring, but #36 in scoring defense. Yet KW catches nearly all the flak. Again, fans think they know offense and the OC is always easier to second guess.

birddog
11/29/2010, 08:42 PM
I had no idea Hanna was that fast!

amen to that. looked like a slot back out there.

pappy
11/29/2010, 10:11 PM
And if those plays up the gut would have worked would KW still be a POS like you think? Those plays should have worked. We got positive yardage almost every running play last night. Why? Cause players blocked, and running backs ran like they were possessed. If Wilson would have thrown the ball inside the 5 against A&M and wasn't successful you'd be the first one to go "**** you Wilson!! Run it you dumbass!!"

You're a ****ing buffoon who wouldn't know a good block from a blow job. We won so Wilson gets props. We lose, and it's his fault. Fool.

Once again you missed me giving him props (i did say it was the best game he has called all year) I'm just saying b/c he has 1 game like this doesn't mean he is all of the sudden the greatest OC in the world. I bet you're a dallas cowboys fan too and you probably thought jason garrett was the greatest hc in the nfl until he lost to the saints or actually the way you drool over stoops and kw, you probably still think jason garrett is the greatest hc in the nfl.

Jimmy Stevens went 4-4 on fgs so he finally had a big game in the clutch when we needed him too (unlike A&M and Missouri) where is his props? if he misses 3 out of 4 we lose. I don't think anyone on here has a problem with anyone griping about him for missing a couple of kicks but God forbid anyone think KW makes a bad play call.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 10:16 PM
Once again you missed me giving him props

Or do you mean a backhanded compliment?

Always_Sooner
11/29/2010, 10:29 PM
Well with Wilson it's either a grand slam or a bunt, but there are not many other offensive coordinators I'd take over him. He is as key as Gaylon Hall was for Switzer all those years.

If Wilson were to leave I would think OU would be in good hands with Heupul taking over.

pappy
11/30/2010, 12:48 AM
Or do you mean a backhanded compliment?

nope I mean props on calling a good game. I'm just not that excited that it probably bought him another season as oc or who am I kidding stoops wouldn't fire him if the offense only averaged 1 td a game. but quote me now when I say we won't get #8 in 2011 with kw as our oc. go ahead quote it and save it for later and we'll see who is right. I hope I'm wrong, but I guarantee I'm not.

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 01:07 AM
nope I mean props on calling a good game. I'm just not that excited that it probably bought him another season as oc or who am I kidding stoops wouldn't fire him if the offense only averaged 1 td a game. but quote me now when I say we won't get #8 in 2011 with kw as our oc. go ahead quote it and save it for later and we'll see who is right. I hope I'm wrong, but I guarantee I'm not.

Since only one team in 120 is going to win the national title, you are really going out on a limb there.

But I can play the same game: "Roy Finch sucks. He's horrible. We won't win the national title with him at RB next year. I guarantee it. And when we don't win the national title next year, that will prove he sucks."

For that matter:

"Bob Stoops sucks. He's horrible. Winning the national title in 2000 just bought him more seasons as head coach. But we won't win the national title with him coaching next year. I guarantee it. And when we don't win the national title next year, that will prove he sucks."

CatfishSooner
11/30/2010, 01:18 AM
burrrrrrrrrrr

C&CDean
11/30/2010, 09:18 AM

Bought him another year? Are you serious? Wilson's offenses have either led the nation or been very close every damn year. He's not infallable (DOH) but he's awfully good.

Like Leroid said, everyone in the country loves him - except the loudmouth Sooner fans who are unhappy with their pathetic existences and have to have somebody to blame for something. You must be a Dallas Cowboy fan cause only a kaboy fan could be this silly. Also, you ever call me a Cowboy fan again, it's a perma-ban for you.

KC//CRIMSON
11/30/2010, 09:37 AM
Funny how we have all these "all-time high-scoring offenses," but can't score schit in championship games.

SoonerAtKU
11/30/2010, 10:10 AM
My god, it's like there's a whole TEAM of other people and coaches trying to stop the offense from scoring. How in the hell can that be fair?

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 01:31 PM
Funny how we have all these "all-time high-scoring offenses," but can't score schit in championship games.

How many championship games has KW coached? One?

SoonerAtKU
11/30/2010, 01:33 PM
Well, that's if you don't count Big XII championship games, where his record and performance is outstanding...but you know how selective memory works.

KC//CRIMSON
12/1/2010, 08:37 PM
Well, that's if you don't count Big XII championship games, where his record and performance is outstanding...but you know how selective memory works.

Yeah, because CCGs are the ones everyone remembers outside of Oklahoma, right?

2000 - One touchdown - No KW
2003 - Two touchdowns - KW Co-Offensive Coordinator
2004 - Two Touchdowns - KW Co-Offensive Coordinator
2008 - Two touchdowns - KW Offensive Coordinator

C&CDean
12/1/2010, 08:42 PM

2000 - One touchdown - No KW
2003 - Two touchdowns - KW Co-Offensive Coordinator
2004 - Two Touchdowns - KW Co-Offensive Coordinator

So I'm guessing Wilson is a conservative. I can't really think of any other reason for the hate.

You're obviously rating him based on a stat sheet and not on watching the games. Go back and count how many dropped passes, penalties on the O-line, missed blocks, and missed kicks + this ****. Hate all you want my brother, Wilson is a top 3 OC in the nation. Deal with it. I know, it's frustrating to see poor execution **** up a perfectly called game (hyperbole, hang with me please), but seriously, dude is good.

KC//CRIMSON
12/1/2010, 08:53 PM
So I'm guessing Wilson is a conservative. I can't really think of any other reason for the hate.

You're obviously rating him based on a stat sheet and not on watching the games. Go back and count how many dropped passes, penalties on the O-line, missed blocks, and missed kicks + this ****. Hate all you want my brother, Wilson is a top 3 OC in the nation. Deal with it. I know, it's frustrating to see poor execution **** up a perfectly called game (hyperbole, hang with me please), but seriously, dude is good.

Kevin Wilson has the same middle name as Landry Jones, "Sybil."

You can also go back to several games where he totally went vanilla and cost us games.

For example: We had the talent on the field to beat Texas last year without Bradford and "Magnum PI Stache" blew it. Calling a *ucking reverse deep in our own end on third down? WTF? Not to mention a dozen other bone-headed play calls.

Seriously, how many times have you seen Mr. Wonderful call the same play over and over and over and it get's stuffed every time this year? Answer? Plenty.

Luckily for him it worked out, but the hand-off from the shotgun to Murray on a crucial third and six last weekend against O-Suck was insanity.

Leroy Lizard
12/1/2010, 10:12 PM

My fever must be kicking in again, because I vaguely remember us scoring more than two TDs that game.

Kevin Wilson has the same middle name as Landry Jones, "Sybil."

You can also go back to several games where he totally went vanilla and cost us games.

For example: We had the talent on the field to beat Texas last year without Bradford and "Magnum PI Stache" blew it. Calling a *ucking reverse deep in our own end on third down?

Calling a reverse is vanilla?

C&CDean
12/1/2010, 10:54 PM
Don't worry, KC has quit smoking the bong and is now drinking the bong water.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2010, 07:05 PM
My fever must be kicking in again, because I vaguely remember us scoring more than two TDs that game.

It's not the fever, you're just an idiot.

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2010, 07:07 PM
Don't worry, KC has quit smoking the bong and is now drinking the bong water.

And you've been drinking way too much Crown, Deanne.

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2010, 07:10 PM
It's not the fever, you're just an idiot.

I thought you were referring to CCGs.

A bit touchy, perhaps? Did your soccer team get beat last night?

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2010, 07:11 PM
I thought you were referring to CCGs.

A bit touchy, perhaps? Did your soccer team get beat last night?

You thought I was referring to CCG's with those scores?

Thanks for comfirming you're an idiot. Tootles!

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2010, 07:16 PM
You thought I was referring to CCG's games with those scores?

Thanks for comfirming you're an idiot. Tootles!

Let me rephrase my question: Did your sissy soccer team get beat last night?

KC//CRIMSON
12/2/2010, 07:25 PM
Let me rephrase my question: Did your sissy soccer team get beat last night?

The Wizards don't play soccer in December, idiot.

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2010, 07:43 PM
The Wizards don't play soccer in December, idiot.

Could you raise the hysterics a bit more? Your insults are just not over-the-top enough yet. Perhaps StoopTroup can coach you a little.

C&CDean
12/2/2010, 08:11 PM
And you've been drinking way too much Crown, Deanne.

No such thing Johnna.

boomermagic
12/2/2010, 08:28 PM

This !

Leroy Lizard
12/2/2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I don't get the Wilson hate either. Well, it certainly comes with the territory with anyone calling plays. But, still. How can anyone deny what he has done for the Sooners?

Rivals has him at #4 in the country.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=2

Oh, he also schooled the #2 dude last weekend.