PDA

View Full Version : Enough about the pukes...

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/28/2010, 02:01 PM
Now on to Nebraska. Is Martinez hurt? I thought I read Niles Paul, their top WR, is out. This Nebbish team put 50 on Oke State at their place and just dismantled CU. Nebraska is ranked in the top 5 in pass defense but their pass offense is ranked around the 110 range.

Of course whoever is the QB determines how well they throw the ball. It will be a hell of a game for sure

thecynic
11/28/2010, 02:04 PM
Even though it seems a mere formality, I'll wait until after the BCS rankings come out before I start smack talking the Huskers.

But yeah, I like our chances against a one dimensional offense.

meoveryouxinfinity
our d line played well saturday and I expect them to play well next week against the Huskers...

soonerchk
I'm not quite ready to move on yet.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/28/2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not quite ready to move on yet.

Ok...carry on

Veritas
11/28/2010, 02:12 PM
Now on to Nebraska. Is Martinez hurt? I thought I read Niles Paul, their top WR, is out. This Nebbish team put 50 on Oke State at their place and just dismantled CU. Nebraska is ranked in the top 5 in pass defense but their pass offense is ranked around the 110 range.

Of course whoever is the QB determines how well they throw the ball. It will be a hell of a game for sure
Niles Paul has a broken foot, you're correct. He hobbled onto the field for his senior recognition.

Martinez is questionable but probably out. While this means the offensive attack isn't what it could be, he's been hurt for the last few weeks and the coaches have adjusted by reducing the size of the playbook for Cody Green. They've also started running a Wildcat style offense using running backs Rex Burkhead and Roy Helu. So if the offense with Martinez is 100%, the current version is probably like 80-85% of that.

Collier11
11/28/2010, 02:16 PM
With the threats of Martinez and Paul not there, I could see this game being like the 06 version with OU winning 21-7 or something like that

85sooners
11/28/2010, 03:44 PM
:pop:

misplacedsooner
11/28/2010, 05:25 PM
we are peaking...they peaked before mid season and are on the downward slide. we are gonna score some points...big points, mark it down!! look for us to shut them down.

winout
11/28/2010, 05:37 PM
we are peaking...they peaked before mid season and are on the downward slide. we are gonna score some points...big points, mark it down!! look for us to shut them down.

I agree, we are playing some of our best football. O is spreading around the ball if Landry can throw some ball out of bounds.... way out of bounds... to reduce turnovers. Coaches showing some innovation and D playing well.

AlboSooner
11/28/2010, 05:37 PM
Hasn't even been 24 hours yet. :D

Section 9
11/28/2010, 05:38 PM
I want to see the injury list for each team. It will be interesting to see who plays. Hope all our players are okay.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 05:54 PM
The BCS has been bery, bery good to OU futbol - we'll play next weekend.

This game will be a real test for LJ and the receivers. Then NU D confounded us last year and it wasn't just Suh. Our receivers were not getting much separation from their man coverage and Landry panic'd on many plays - not just he INTs. I predict we'll have limited success running, but the O-line is light-years ahead of last season in pass protection. But LJ's time will still be limited and the receiver's separation from the DBs will not be large on most plays. LJ will have to be sharp and know that punting and playing defense is better than making the big mistake.

I expect a heavy dose of Burkhead and the wildcat from NU. They'll want to control the ball and play field position knowing they have the best FG kicker in the country.

EDIT: DM's status is a *huge* factor here. Finger's crossed...

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 05:58 PM
I hate playing a Team like nu and going against a guy who is hungry and eager to make plays with his Coaching Staff telling him to just go out there and do what you can do....We trust you. We didn't recruit you because you weren't good enough....go get em Son!

**** like that worries me....sometimes.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_c631b1c2-fa80-11df-bd3e-001cc4c03286.html

Green has kept dutifully clocking into work, telling himself to prepare as though he were starting that week.

He was in the shadows, but he was not without a purpose.

“It’s a pride thing,” Green said. “I’m not a guy who really just gives up and turns in the towel. I can say that there’s times when it’s been rough, but you just got to keep going. Luckily the coaches have been right there with me. They’ve really been in my corner, telling me, ‘Hey, keep going, keep going, keep going. ’And then, bam, I get a shot.”You’d have to say Green made the most of his shot on Friday in Nebraska’s 45-17 win over Colorado.

No, his numbers weren’t about to be confused with Peyton Manning’s — 10-of-13 passing for a modest 80 yards. But the 6-foot-4, 225-pound native of Dayton, Texas, threw two touchdowns, had no turnovers and looked the picture of composed on a day when a steady hand was much needed.

He said being the guy to lead the team to the North title “was a little cupcake on top of a big win.”

Probably the most flattering postgame comment came from offensive coordinator Shawn Watson, who said the sophomore “led the team like a veteran quarterback.”

Okie35
11/28/2010, 06:11 PM
wildcat from NU. They'll want to control the ball and play field position knowing they have the best FG kicker in the country.

EDIT: DM's status is a *huge* factor here. Finger's crossed...

Yea they'll do that wildcat a lot. I do hope that Martinez's turf toe is better so we can torture him.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/28/2010, 06:47 PM
Niles Paul is most likely not going to play Saturday. But he was never a real threat this season anyway. His play this year has been up and down. One day he plays really well, the next day he can't catch a cold. Not to mention, everytime he does have the ball, we all cringe just waiting for him to put the ball on the ground. Kinnie has been playing pretty well and Mike McNeil (converted TE) has been also. But, Kyler Reed is the one to pay attention to. As a TE, he's very fast and has been a very reliable catcher. So while Paul won't be playing, our receiving corps isn't hurting for any playmakers.

And most likely Taylor won't be playing either. But Rex Burkhead and Roy Helu are both very capable of taking the ball to the house.

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 09:44 PM
Rex is an ex-QB and they ran some trick plays with him in the backfield and throwing to wide open receivers. And two great running backs with a big o-line to block for them making them very dangerous.

May only beat them by 14.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 10:04 PM
After yesterday's game, I will take Jimmy Stevens in a mano-on-mano FG kicking match against Henery any day of the week*!!

*30 yards and in; Saturdays excluded. Void where prohibited by law.