PDA

View Full Version : Austin Box

Soonerjesse27
11/28/2010, 01:14 PM
i think since he has returned the defense has looked soo much better, still think Wort will be a really good player. glad to see Box making plays.

oumartin
11/28/2010, 01:15 PM
did wort play any last night?

Boomer.....
He has played great the last two games.

85sooners
:pop:

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:19 PM
Just had some freshly squeezed OJ too.

I put a drop of grenadine in it the way God intended it. :D :pop:

http://glutenfreeeasily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Reindeer-Antlers-018.jpg

PalmBeachSooner
11/28/2010, 01:20 PM
The defense seems to play at a higher level with Box in the game. At the same time the DL seems to have stepped it up quite a bit. So, is Box simply the beneficiary of the improved DL play? Don't know or really care. Just hope it continues.

What the heck is up with Quentin Carter? He really seems lost at times in pass coverage.

Jevon Harris filled in nicely for Nelson.

tulsaoilerfan
11/28/2010, 03:00 PM
I think another factor that no one has really mentioned is the fact Ronnell has been on the field more the last 3 games and has actually had quite an impact; he tied for the team lead last night with 8 tackles and has been involved in big plays the last 2 games; about time we saw the Hammer!!

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 03:33 PM
Austin is one of those "if only" players... as in "if only" he didn't have those injuries.. I am so proud of him though!

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 04:13 PM
I think another factor that no one has really mentioned is the fact Ronnell has been on the field more the last 3 games and has actually had quite an impact; he tied for the team lead last night with 8 tackles and has been involved in big plays the last 2 games; about time we saw the Hammer!!

Ronnell is the f#@@!#$$%ing man!

Scott D
11/28/2010, 05:52 PM
Box is an example of why this defense is reliant upon veteran linebackers who have an understanding of what is in front of them.

Chiliman
11/28/2010, 07:33 PM
Austin is one of those "if only" players... as in "if only" he didn't have those injuries.. I am so proud of him though!

I've thought the same thing the last few weeks. He may have been very special. Damn shame.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone remember the 08 Texas game when we replaced Reynolds with Crow? (Brandon?) What happened to him?

TXBOOMER
11/28/2010, 08:10 PM
Box is a stud! He was so slow in his first couple of games back I really didn't think he would get back to starting. But he has turned it on and has looked great. You gotta love his heart as well. He is one of my favorite players to watch.

TXBOOMER
11/28/2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone remember the 08 Texas game when we replaced Reynolds with Crow? (Brandon?) What happened to him?

Sr. plays on special teams at least punt coverage.

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 08:13 PM
Crow is also a backup fullback.

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 09:34 PM
Lot of issues from the beginning to middle of the season that held our defense back until the last 2 games... which bodes well for us in the Big 12 Title game and the upcoming bowl game.

1. Box being out due to preseason back surgery. Needed his experience. Was a little rusty at first but really came on strong.
2. Tom Wort filling in was good and he's fast and will eventually be a beast... but needs more playing time and experience.
3. Adrian Taylor not being 100% was a hindrance in my mind. Love the kid's heart and spirit for wanting to be there for the team and helping cover the middle of the line until the newbies could learn their position/assignments. We got Casey Walker back in time and waiting on Dan Nobles, who I think will excel in the next few games. Also... Jamarkus is learning quickly.
4. Quentin not right from that stinger he took in the Mizzou game when he hurt his neck. Still a great cover safety and a ballhawk.
5. Jefferson is a stud... has been from the beginning. Getting better with experience.
6. Having The Hammer back helps with QB rushes and coverage as a rover. Had an INT for a TD last week and a tipped pass last night once he dropped back in coverage and their QB never saw him.

Our defense is gelling at the right time... got past the injuries from the beginning and taking charge. Only allowed 24 points to the number 1 offense in the country. Held Hunter to 55 yards.

Great defense last night.

StiffArmTrophy
11/28/2010, 09:57 PM
Lot of issues from the beginning to middle of the season that held our defense back until the last 2 games... which bodes well for us in the Big 12 Title game and the upcoming bowl game.

1. Box being out due to preseason back surgery. Needed his experience. Was a little rusty at first but really came on strong.
2. Tom Wort filling in was good and he's fast and will eventually be a beast... but needs more playing time and experience.
3. Adrian Taylor not being 100% was a hindrance in my mind. Love the kid's heart and spirit for wanting to be there for the team and helping cover the middle of the line until the newbies could learn their position/assignments. We got Casey Walker back in time and waiting on Dan Nobles, who I think will excel in the next few games. Also... Jamarkus is learning quickly.
4. Quentin not right from that stinger he took in the Mizzou game when he hurt his neck. Still a great cover safety and a ballhawk.
5. Jefferson is a stud... has been from the beginning. Getting better with experience.
6. Having The Hammer back helps with QB rushes and coverage as a rover. Had an INT for a TD last week and a tipped pass last night once he dropped back in coverage and their QB never saw him.

Our defense is gelling at the right time... got past the injuries from the beginning and taking charge. Only allowed 24 points to the number 1 offense in the country. Held Hunter to 55 yards.

Great defense last night.

THIS!!!!

Breadburner
11/28/2010, 09:59 PM
The offense controlling the football helps as well....

OK2U
11/29/2010, 02:15 AM
Good post-game interview(video):
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158806

CatfishSooner
11/29/2010, 03:25 AM
Jevon Harris looks like a stud!!

Jacie
11/29/2010, 07:26 AM
All Sooner fans had to feel good for Box getting the INT (beyond feeling good about getting a T/O in general, that is). It is great to see him playing at his peak before his career at OU is over.

Sooners78
11/29/2010, 09:29 AM
The offense controlling the football helps as well....

Agreed. I love the hurry up and what it does to opposing defenses. But, it needs to be used at the right time to get a defense back on it's heals. I felt that our ball control offense and sustained drives really wore out the poke defense. 3rd down conversions were also huge. Everytime we were in a 3rd down with less than 8 yards to go, I just knew Landry would make a big time throw.

And, on defense, Box and the improved play of the defensive line have been huge. This is a very different team right now than it was against Mizzou.