PDA

View Full Version : The Refs Screwed the Pokes!!!

sooner518
11/28/2010, 12:09 PM
LOL. According to them: http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110429

he was hit in the knee WELL after the ball was released, yet no call. WTF? Weeden limped the rest of the game, the int resulted in a FG.
hit in the knee? Box gave him a very light push as Weeden was in the air for some reason. Weeden landed weird and tweaked his knee. No one's gonna call that.

Because the media wanted a NU vs. OU matchup. ESPN announced like a month ago that the game was going to be NU vs. OU as if it were a forgone conclusion.
Dang. I musta missed that program. CONSPIRACY!!!

I was irritated the way Herbstreit was harping on the blocking on the TD runback by Gilbert. OU had just had that first long touchdown pass and there was obvious holding that Herbstreit saw. I am pretty confident he saw it because right during the replay he said something like, "the OU o-line held(pause, stumble for words) the OSU defense back giving Jones time..."

Why didn't they show slow-mo replays of the hold that allowed Jones to make the pass instead of slo-mo replays of a block on a falling player that was on the side/back during the runback?
1. Herbstreit never did anything of the sort on our TD throw.
2. They did show a slow-mo replay of that play. Our right tackle did a great job blocking, and the right guard came in at the end and pushed their D lineman down as Landry threw.
3. There were 2 obvious blocks in the back on that kickoff return. The one on Jayden Bird was the most blatant, but Franks got hit with one too.

Herbstreit pick OU to win and was setting up his excuse if he was wrong.
FAIL. This guy has apparently never watched Gameday.

Also didn't help that on that second to last touchdown play the snapped the ball AFTER the play clock hit 00 without any flag... That was a pretty key time for the refs to miss a delay of game...
The refs always allow a millisecond grace period on the play clock. Habern dropped his head at 1 second left, and snapped it right as the clock hit 0. It really wasnt even that close if you watch any amount of football at all.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 12:13 PM
Their feelings of injustice make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Chiliman
11/28/2010, 12:15 PM
Maybe Box thought he was going after Damion Davis.

LoveDemSooners
11/28/2010, 12:20 PM
Stupid pokes...

Judge Smails
11/28/2010, 12:23 PM
Their Excuse-o-meter is running full blast today.

Or maybe they borrowed Mack's?

sooner518
11/28/2010, 12:55 PM
Id post this on OP if I cared enough to create a user name over there. Just to put to bed the stupid "delay of game" argument.

Ball still on ground with 1 second on play clock
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/farks/halfsecond.jpg

Playclock changing to zero. Hey where'd the ball go?!?! oh, he snapped it. durrr
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/farks/1second.jpg

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 12:57 PM
Those photos were doctored!! conspiracy!!

sooner518
11/28/2010, 01:01 PM
Those photos were doctored!! conspiracy!!

I guess I should put them in a different photobucket folder other than "Farks" haha. but theyre really not farks. just screengrabs from HolaKyle's Youtube highlight video. plus although Im pretty handy with Photoshop, Im not that good :D

85sooners
11/28/2010, 01:03 PM
:D