PDA

View Full Version : Next Thanksgiving, in Stoolwater...

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 11:27 AM
will someone please advise the orange fans that the incessant third down beating with long wooden paddles on those black wrestling mats attached to the wall between the stands and the field is not allowed. kplzthx.

On Noisemakers (football):

"Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prevents a team from hearing its signals."

And, just in case they retort the beating is not designed to prevent the opposing team from hearing its signals, then why don't they do it when they have the ball. Hmmmm?

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/2af28d804e0b978e900bf01ad6fc8b25/FAQ.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=2af28d804e0b978e900bf01ad6fc8b25

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 11:29 AM
I was more annoyed at the music played to drown out the band.

jumperstop
11/28/2010, 11:30 AM
Eh, let them have their little paddles. Doesn't seem to help them anyways.

Okla-homey

They played "Jump Around" in the 4thQ, to no avail.:D

jumperstop

They were loving this over at OP

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 11:31 AM

It just seems kinda wierd they're even allowed in the stadium. If you tried bringing in three foot boat paddles in Norman, you wouldn't even get it 'em thru the gate.

85sooners
11/28/2010, 11:34 AM
:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 11:37 AM

Rules is rules. dang it.;)

jkjsooner
All it takes is one out of control fan to use a paddle as a weapon and OSU will have a huge lawsuit on their hands. I could be wrong but they don't seem to be a controlled student organization like the Ruf Neks. Looks more like a bunch of fans with paddles. That's a recipe for problems.

jumperstop
It just seems kinda wierd they're even allowed in the stadium. If you tried that in Norman, you wouldn't even get it thru the gate.

Same thing with all those signs. Giant head signs? Really? I would hate to be behind those guys. OU would never let you bring in half the **** they did that night.

Section 9
11/28/2010, 12:30 PM
OU doesn't have a cheerleader as an public address announcer either.

fadada1
11/28/2010, 12:43 PM
They played "Jump Around" in the 4thQ, to no avail.:D

you mean they copied something we did???

no. surely not the pokes. they've never copied a thing.

Judge Smails
11/28/2010, 12:47 PM

They didn't play that stupid song they came up with a couple of years ago did they?

What was the name of that? Something about Cowboys and wind.....

Judge Smails
11/28/2010, 12:49 PM
you mean they copied something we did???

no. surely not the pokes. they've never copied a thing.

No, they stole it from Tech, as is their usual thing.

Tech stole it from us.

yermom
11/28/2010, 12:49 PM
they went nuts and it got really loud right after they did that

they mistimed it the 2nd or third time and did it before they kicked off and the crowd had died down by the time our offense was on the field

yermom
11/28/2010, 12:50 PM
Rules is rules. dang it.;)

i'm fairly sure those rules don't apply to fans

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 01:26 PM
i'm fairly sure those rules don't apply to fans

They do. In fact, Mississippi State has a tradition of fans ringing cowbells at games. They were banned for quite some time, but have been allowed back this season predicated on they're not being rung when the opposition has the ball. It's not working out too well.

yermom
11/28/2010, 03:14 PM
i guess you are right. i just assumed it was a Gaylord Stadium rule since i've seen fans in other places doing it

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2010, 01:43 AM

Tech stole it from us.

And Tech stole their hand sign from us as well, but they had to add a thumb to it because they didn't understand what we were holding it up for otherwise.

And then naturally the LoSuRs stole it from Tech.

The only thing that surprises me about that is the Pokies haven't added a pinkie to it so they can cover all their bases.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 02:11 AM
They do. In fact, Mississippi State has a tradition of fans ringing cowbells at games. They were banned for quite some time, but have been allowed back this season predicated on they're not being rung when the opposition has the ball. It's not working out too well.

We have a distinction here between fans using artificial noisemakers and university-affiliated personnel creating noise of any sort. For example, the announcer cannot try to disrupt the opposing team because he's working for the university. Fans can try and disrupt as much as they want, but they can't use artificial noisemakers.

Ahhh, the cowbells. Reminds me of the old SWC. Cowbells and Tear-away Jerseys would be a good name for a football book.

BTW, what happened to MamaMia? She was sort of an expert on this sort of thing at BPS.

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 02:13 AM
And Tech stole their hand sign from us as well, but they had to add a thumb to it because they didn't understand what we were holding it up for otherwise.

And then naturally the LoSuRs stole it from Tech.

The only thing that surprises me about that is the Pokies haven't added a pinkie to it so they can cover all their bases.

This is the new hand sign at Texas, showing their standings in the Big 12 South. Get used to it.

http://leegertrained.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/six_fingers.jpg

Seamus
11/29/2010, 04:28 AM
Photo link pwnd.

Tigeman
11/29/2010, 05:16 AM

Tech stole it from us.

And hate to say it, but we stole it from Wisky

Jello Biafra
11/29/2010, 10:05 AM
gotta say, the booger pickens was rocking like a berlin soccer stadium....

zombie nation needs to be outlawed.

prrriiide
11/29/2010, 11:14 AM
Same thing with all those signs. Giant head signs? Really? I would hate to be behind those guys. OU would never let you bring in half the **** they did that night.

Meh. A zippo will take care of that right quick.