PDA

View Full Version : Boone hits the exit after Hanna TD

OUNC06
11/28/2010, 11:18 AM
http://newsok.com/for-osu-this-bedlam-loss-hurts-more-than-others/article/3518865#ixzz16YjuPzPC

Even Boone Pickens himself couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

He stood on the walkway above the east end zone during the final minutes of the game, and as Hanna broke into the open, sprinted down the field and crossed the goal line, Pickens turned and headed toward the exit. He was gone before the extra-point attempt.

Whether mega-booster or athletic director or every man Cowboy fan, there is no solace today.

This one hurt. [hairGel]

Pricetag
11/28/2010, 11:23 AM
Sorry, T. Boone. Can't die this year.

85sooners
11/28/2010, 11:31 AM
:D

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 11:35 AM
Sorry, T. Boone. Can't die this year.

Had they won, he could have died. And at that point, maybe his kids, whose inheritance he's wasting, might have intervened to prevent further waste.

crawfish
11/28/2010, 11:42 AM
There's only so much money can buy.

OUthunder
11/28/2010, 11:48 AM
That story made me smile.

Judge Smails
11/28/2010, 11:57 AM
That story made me smile.

That's exactly how we felt in 2001. Better team, home field, the promised land after the win.

And then to have it all snatched away by your hated rival.

That **** happens...........

Get over it and move on.

mdklatt
11/28/2010, 12:00 PM
That's exactly how we felt in 2001. Better team, home field, the promised land after the win.

And then to have it all snatched away by your hated rival.

oSu fans are definitely hated, but 82-16 is not a rivalry it's a human rights violation. :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/28/2010, 12:05 PM
So T boner is a sore loser? Fits right in with their fan base

Section 9
11/28/2010, 12:08 PM
It will be interesting what general manager Pickens does over the off season. Who will he hire or fire? What new "tradition" will he and Holder come up with? By the way - did they play their special song last night?

cvsooner
11/28/2010, 12:10 PM
82-16 is not a rivalry it's a human rights violation. :D

Oh, I don't know...that's one win for every five of ours. So we're teetering on the edge of losing one soon. :D

Breadburner
11/28/2010, 12:16 PM
He did the same thing when they got beat by Georgia.....

NormanPride
11/28/2010, 01:09 PM
baj here using NP's computer. I was gonna save this line for basketball season, but what the heck -

Boone loves OSU so much, that he lives hundreds of miles away.

The only thing Boone loves about OSU is the control he has over the sports program. The second they're as mediocre as they've always been, he's paying Georgia cops to get him to airport as fast as possible in the middle of the fourth quarter (look it up - it happened). Or, he's watching the second half of Lester's last bowl game as OSU's football coach from his bed at home because he was so angry that he left at halftime (again, it happened - look it up).

OSU is lucky most BCS programs can't be bought and controlled, or Boone might have moved his money to another by now. What do you give the man that can buy anything? A championship, cuz they can't be bought.

Meh, whatever. We win, they lose. Hope all of you that braved Stillwater aren't still stuck on I35 traffic jams :)

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:13 PM
baj here using NP's computer. I was gonna save this line for basketball season, but what the heck -

Boone loves OSU so much, that he lives hundreds of miles away.

The only thing Boone loves about OSU is the control he has over the sports program. The second they're as mediocre as they've always been, he's paying Georgia cops to get him to airport as fast as possible in the middle of the fourth quarter (look it up - it happened). Or, he's watching the second half of Lester's last bowl game as OSU's football coach from his bed at home because he was so angry that he left at halftime (again, it happened - look it up).

OSU is lucky most BCS programs can't be bought and controlled, or Boone might have moved his money to another by now. What do you give the man that can buy anything? A championship, cuz they can't be bought.

Meh, whatever. We win, they lose. Hope all of you that braved Stillwater aren't still stuck on I35 traffic jams :)

43,000 people causing a traffic jam? I've seen it get a bit backed up going from Tulsa to Stoolwater but on I-35? Really?

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 01:15 PM
He's the rich,spoiled kid on the block when something doesn't go his way he acts like a little #$%@#$.

It's the same way he acts in business

Soonerjesse27
11/28/2010, 01:18 PM
lol....whiner

Section 9
11/28/2010, 01:21 PM
I couldn't believe it when I read that he had the coaches come to his house during the spring/summer so they could plan for the season. Can you imagine anyone trying that with Stoops?

mdklatt
11/28/2010, 01:32 PM
Oh, I don't know...that's one win for every five of ours. So we're teetering on the edge of losing one soon. :D

Next year is their year! :stunned:

josh09
11/28/2010, 01:33 PM
Hahahahaha love it!

bahamasooner
11/28/2010, 01:52 PM
"And at that point, maybe his kids, whose inheritance he's wasting, might have intervened to prevent further waste."

What makes you think his kids are entitled to anything more than being fed, housed, schooled, and cared for in childhood, then sent into the world as prepared as parents can make them? Gotta love this "entitled" generation. I know a nephew who was convinced his uncle's money was his "birthright" because they had the same surname. Boone's money is HIS because he earned it ... his kids had nothing to do with it (other than deplete it while under his roof) and he can spend it any damned way he pleases. If he wants to blow it on a program like OSU, that's his business.

CatfishSooner
11/28/2010, 02:17 PM
BAWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

GottaHavePride
11/28/2010, 02:41 PM
43,000 people causing a traffic jam? I've seen it get a bit backed up going from Tulsa to Stoolwater but on I-35? Really?

It's not 35 that gets backed up. It's the ONE DAMN ROAD to get from the middle of town out to I-35. When I was in Pride it was not unusual for it to take 90 minutes from the point the buses first began moving to when we managed to turn onto I-35.

AlboSooner
11/28/2010, 02:43 PM
Boone is smart. He realized that buying a College team is much cheaper than buying an NFL team.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 02:45 PM
It's not 35 that gets backed up. It's the ONE DAMN ROAD to get from the middle of town out to I-35. When I was in Pride it was not unusual for it to take 90 minutes from the point the buses first began moving to when we managed to turn onto I-35.

Gotcha. I agree...I've been down that road.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/28/2010, 03:08 PM
lol....wiener

FIFY

soonerbub
11/28/2010, 03:33 PM
I just wonder if gundy got a middle of the night phone call from a drunk belligerent old man...

Not football related but does anyone else find it hypocritical that all he talks is nat gas for transport yet he flies all over the damn country daily?

soonerchk
11/28/2010, 03:34 PM
Even Jerry Jones waits to leave until the game is actually over.:rolleyes:

bluedogok
11/28/2010, 03:40 PM
"And at that point, maybe his kids, whose inheritance he's wasting, might have intervened to prevent further waste."

What makes you think his kids are entitled to anything more than being fed, housed, schooled, and cared for in childhood, then sent into the world as prepared as parents can make them? Gotta love this "entitled" generation. I know a nephew who was convinced his uncle's money was his "birthright" because they had the same surname. Boone's money is HIS because he earned it ... his kids had nothing to do with it (other than deplete it while under his roof) and he can spend it any damned way he pleases. If he wants to blow it on a program like OSU, that's his business.
It is not a generational thing, it is a money thing. It goes back as long as there has been "wealth" to be inherited, as in centuries. The progeny of the wealthy have always felt entitled to what their predecessors have had. It is a rare occurrence when this is not the case or the elder feels it is not to be passed down.

My parents joke about spending our (my sister and I) inheritance, I have flat out told them that I could care less if they leave me anything, it is theirs to do with what they wish. I also know they are too frugal to waste it as well so it isn't like we have to worry about cleaning up a financial mess after they are gone.

bluedogok
11/28/2010, 03:42 PM
I just wonder if gundy got a middle of the night phone call from a drunk belligerent old man...

Not football related but does anyone else find it hypocritical that all he talks is nat gas for transport yet he flies all over the damn country daily?
No, because natural gas is his business, just like for all his talk about wind energy was nothing more than trying to prime the pump for his investments. Boone does nothing without thinking of his bank account. There is absolutely nothing altruistic about the motives of a thief like him.

virginiasooner
11/28/2010, 03:50 PM
I couldn't believe it when I read that he had the coaches come to his house during the spring/summer so they could plan for the season. Can you imagine anyone trying that with Stoops?

My God, that is incredible! Last time I checked, Bob worked for Joe Castiglione and David Boren (in that order). Coaches have big egos -- I can't imagine they like taking orders, even from the athletic director or the president (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). But a DONOR arranging off-season planning sessions? The mind boggles.

Okla-homey
11/28/2010, 03:53 PM

While he lives, and until he is adjudged incompetent and has a guardian appointed by a court, you're right. It's his to spend. But after he assumes room temperature, if he left it all to Boone State University, the resulting will contest brought by his kiddoes would be epic. :D

LASooner
11/28/2010, 04:02 PM
The Cowboys had the Sooners right where they wanted them.

Yes, trailing in the 4th quarter is exactly where the Cowboys wanted to be.

westsidesooner
11/28/2010, 04:04 PM

calm down there Rusho Hannity......

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 04:06 PM
It will be interesting what general manager Pickens does over the off season. Who will he hire or fire? What new "tradition" will he and Holder come up with? By the way - did they play their special song last night?

What's their special song? "I Got A Cactus Up My Actus"?

Uncle Ernie
11/28/2010, 04:08 PM

Easy there Pickens.

stoopified
11/28/2010, 04:12 PM
Obviously the chief rat knows when to abandon the sinking ship.

OKLA21FAN
11/28/2010, 05:57 PM
Obviously the chief rat knows when to abandon the sinking ship.

he just wanted a good table at Joes. :pop:

BlownGP
11/28/2010, 06:51 PM
There's only so much money can buy.

x2

thats what I said when I heard about the ticket crap for the game.

Wishboned
11/28/2010, 06:54 PM
The attendance last night was 51,164.

That doesn't even rank in the top 10 attendance figures for their stadium.

So it's their best season ever. They're fighting for a spot in the conference championship game, and not only do they not sell out, they can't even get enough people there to place in the top 10.

T Boone is a typical Poke fan. He's just one with a lot of money. I just wonder when he's going to get bored with his toy and go find a new one?

sendbaht
11/28/2010, 07:31 PM
and the best part of the read>>>>>>>>>>> I could read this 100 more times and enjoy it...

“Don’t even like to think about it,” the OSU athletic director said finally without even looking up.

This one hurt.

Oklahoma 47, Oklahoma State 41.

Gone is an outright claim to the Big 12 South title. Gone is a chance to play in the Big 12 championship game. Gone is the hope of going to a BCS bowl.

And the Sooners took it all away"

Also...what are they talking about>>>
Not too surprisingly, the Sooners had another fourth-quarter meltdown.

We did?????????????????

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 09:47 PM
What a great thread!

Only so much that money can buy. Maybe next year, Boone. (Nah... who am I kidding...):D

GKeeper316
11/28/2010, 09:49 PM
to hell with t boone pickens, i say!

that son of a bitch cost the taxpayers of oklahoma half a billion dollars!

Osagecrimson
11/28/2010, 10:42 PM
T. Boone should have used the money to bring in Cam Newton.:D

LiveLaughLove
11/29/2010, 01:34 AM
Well money has bought quite a bit for Oregon. Just sayin'.

Piware
11/29/2010, 03:07 AM
Boone is smart. He realized that buying a College team is much cheaper than buying an NFL team.

Jerry Jones Wannabe

VA Sooner
11/29/2010, 08:48 AM
Great Read. Loved it... "And the Sooners took it all away."

janderson255
11/29/2010, 09:33 AM
Boone Pickens was a ridin' the OSU band wagon... its all about the name on the stadium...
Maybe he should have put some wind turbines on the OSU sidelines because they sucked and they blew...

BudsBoy
11/29/2010, 09:38 AM

Now that is funny.

sooner518
11/29/2010, 09:46 AM
Now that is funny.

Your sig is wrong. 16 times x .25= $4

soonerloyal
11/29/2010, 10:17 AM
If you had a quarter for every time OSU beat OU you'd have $16.

(Edited: Dammit, I was too late...)

sooneron
11/29/2010, 10:17 AM
Well money has bought quite a bit for Oregon. Just sayin'.

What? ****ty uniforms and one bcs bowl victory?

Wishboned
11/29/2010, 10:26 AM
T. Boone should have used the money to bring in Cam Newton.:D

I can just picture that.

Gundy sits Newton and his dad down.

"So, what do we have to do to get you in an Orange uniform today?"

"Well, we want $200, 000."

"Hmmm...I'm going to have to talk to my sales manager about that."

Comes back a while later.

"It seems the best we can do is $150,000. But we'll throw in the undercoating for free."

SoonerE
11/29/2010, 10:27 AM
What? ****ty uniforms and one bcs bowl victory?

And a win over the Sooners. There was definitely something "bought" that game. :rolleyes: