PDA

View Full Version : BCS projections...anybody seen any ???

Soonerus
11/28/2010, 11:13 AM
I'll project OU 10 and A&M 15....

Dan Thompson
11/28/2010, 11:15 AM
4 teams in front of OU lost, BSt, LSU, OSU, and Alabama.

I thinking we go to #9.

Soonerus
11/28/2010, 11:16 AM
I am ok with 9...

Collier11
11/28/2010, 11:58 AM
osu and bama will stay ahead of a&m atleast, it should be a lock

85sooners
11/28/2010, 12:00 PM
:confused:

IronHorseSooner
11/28/2010, 12:16 PM
Also, I think that LSU, BSU, and Nevada will be ahead of A&M. Heck, FSU might leapfrog them.

BudSooner
11/28/2010, 12:20 PM
One bowl projection has us playing in the Fiesta against Stanford, ugh.

Not.
The.
Fiesta.
Please.
Again.

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 12:29 PM
Instead of focusing on the team's next game and BCS prospects, I believe most of the newbs are busy still trolling aggie sites in ironic aggie-like fashion.

soonercastor
11/28/2010, 12:35 PM
One bowl projection has us playing in the Fiesta against Stanford, ugh.

Not.
The.
Fiesta.
Please.
Again.

You mean not Stanford again? The only place we can go to is the Fiesta.

I think we'll be #9 or #10 depending on whether they rank LSU ahead or behind us.

yermom
11/28/2010, 12:35 PM
well, we are stuck with the Fiesta if we beat Nebraska

i'd guess the Fiesta gets either Stanford or UConn in addition to the Big 12 champ

yermom
11/28/2010, 12:36 PM
Instead of focusing on the team's next game and BCS prospects, I believe most of the newbs are busy still trolling aggie sites in ironic aggie-like fashion.

if their little brother antics didn't go all the way to the top of their athletic department, i might say that was unwarranted

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/28/2010, 12:37 PM
Stanford would be awesome. Sooners need to play the highest rated opponent possible.

soonercastor
11/28/2010, 12:41 PM
Would be great if the Orange picks the Big east winner to play VTech. We need a competitive game. Then again destroying UConn will provide great satisfaction as well; I read somewhere that they lost to.....Temple?

soonerhubs
11/28/2010, 12:42 PM
if their little brother antics didn't go all the way to the top of their athletic department, i might say that was unwarranted

So true. Honestly, I think that's what holds them back. The gym here on campus even has a trash can that says "Stick it to OU". It's as if they think that marketing the envy of another team will breed success.

Stanford with a healthy Luck would be a great game.

yermom
11/28/2010, 12:45 PM
Stanford would be awesome. Sooners need to play the highest rated opponent possible.

again, i'm really not thrilled with the Fiesta being our tie-in

the prospect of a rematch with Stanford isn't that exciting either

they are really good though. i'm sure they'd love to see us again

SoonerRick46
11/28/2010, 12:49 PM
From the bcsguru.com:

4) Big 12: Oklahoma's bedlam of a victory over Oklahoma State produced the dreaded three-way tie in the Big 12 South for the second time in three years. OU will gain enough ground to take the division

This week's projected BCS standings: 1. Oregon, 2. Auburn, 3. TCU, 4. Stanford, 5. Ohio State, 6. Wisconsin, 7. Arkansas, 8. Michigan State, 9. LSU, 10. Oklahoma, 11. Boise State, 12. Oklahoma State, 13. Nebraska, 14. Missouri, 15. Nevada.

AggieGirl2005
11/28/2010, 12:55 PM
coaches poll is out (http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=4XMr8z6tqLE=&tabid=480&mid=2555)

has OU at #9.

Collier11
11/28/2010, 01:22 PM
and A&M at 18

BudSooner
11/28/2010, 01:35 PM
again, i'm really not thrilled with the Fiesta being our tie-in

the prospect of a rematch with Stanford isn't that exciting either

they are really good though. i'm sure they'd love to see us againYeah, it's that we have been there before, a different bowl would be cool.
That and our record there sucks.

SoonerMom2
11/28/2010, 01:41 PM
Stanford is going to the Rose Bowl as the PAC 10 rep with Oregon going to the National Championship unless something changes. Cannot see Oregon getting beat by Oregon State. CT for us in the Fiesta unless they lose to UCF after we beat Nebraska!

Collier11
11/28/2010, 01:41 PM
looks like we are a lock by all projections to win the South

BigBoomerInBigD
11/28/2010, 01:45 PM
BOOMER!

Boomerbrad
Stanford is going to the Rose Bowl as the PAC 10 rep with Oregon going to the National Championship unless something changes. Cannot see Oregon getting beat by Oregon State. CT for us in the Fiesta unless they lose to UCF after we beat Nebraska!

From what I understamd, the RB will have to take TCU and the Big Ten champ.

o0Dan0o
The Jeff Sagarin comp poll is also out, we moved from 16 to 9. He had us lowest of the comp polls last week, so I expect our BCS ranking to be ~9 give or take a spot. I don't think we'll get above 8 since they're all 1 loss teams, so that's probably our glass roof.

I also think BSU loosing hurts TCU, I wouldn't be surprised to see TCU stay at 4.
Dan

sooner ngintunr
11/28/2010, 01:46 PM

yep.

SoonerMom2
11/28/2010, 01:47 PM
I thought the Rose Bowl was exempted as they have been in the past and get a Big 10/PAC 10 match-up. That will suck for the Rose Bowl to have to take TCU. They didn't want us and TCU will bring a lot less people.

o0Dan0o
11/28/2010, 01:47 PM

This seems to be the case. In all likelihood the fiesta will be between b-12 and b-east... All we can do is win, can't help anything else.
Dan

sooner ngintunr
11/28/2010, 01:49 PM
I thought the Rose Bowl was exempted as they have been in the past and get a Big 10/PAC 10 match-up. That will suck for the Rose Bowl to have to take TCU. They didn't want us and TCU will bring a lot less people.

New rule this year. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Collier11
11/28/2010, 01:52 PM
Dont give a shizz who we play as long as we win next week and then win the bowl game

Harry Beanbag
11/28/2010, 01:56 PM
If Ohio State jumps Wisconsin, Tressel is going to donkey punch E. Gordon Gee.

SoonerMom2
11/28/2010, 01:56 PM
New rule this year. Kind of weird if you ask me.

Just saw that they had changed. Fiesta or Orange are forced to take Stanford if they are #4 and most likely Fiesta as they don't travel well with fans. If they don't finish #4, they get the Alamo Bowl according to CBS.

Don't want to see the idiot Stanford Band and Tree two years in a row. Obnoxious bunch of people in the band and the Tree is an idiot. Their band exhibited zero class for the whole game but playing through the Awards Ceremony was no class at all.

slh1234
11/28/2010, 01:58 PM

As I understand, the Rose Bowl will have to take the highest ranked NQ if Oregon goes to the NC game. That means if TCU is ahead of Stanford and Oregon is in the NC game, then TCU will get the nod over Stanford.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

slh1234
11/28/2010, 02:00 PM
As I understand, the Rose Bowl will have to take the highest ranked NQ if Oregon goes to the NC game. That means if TCU is ahead of Stanford and Oregon is in the NC game, then TCU will get the nod over Stanford.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Look like several other people already responded though. Sorry, I didn't get all the way through the thread before responding.

LASooner
11/28/2010, 02:05 PM
This week's projected BCS standings: 1. Oregon, 2. Auburn, 3. TCU, 4. Stanford, 5. Ohio State, 6. Wisconsin, 7. Arkansas, 8. Michigan State, 9. LSU, 10. Oklahoma, 11. Boise State, 12. Oklahoma State, 13. Nebraska, 14. Missouri, 15. Nevada.

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2010/11/bcs-gets-lucky-once-again.html

BudSooner
11/28/2010, 02:06 PM
If Ohio State jumps Wisconsin, Tressel is going to donkey punch E. Gordon Gee.

:D

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 02:20 PM
Just saw that they had changed. Fiesta or Orange are forced to take Stanford if they are #4 and most likely Fiesta as they don't travel well with fans. If they don't finish #4, they get the Alamo Bowl according to CBS.

Don't want to see the idiot Stanford Band and Tree two years in a row. Obnoxious bunch of people in the band and the Tree is an idiot. Their band exhibited zero class for the whole game but playing through the Awards Ceremony was no class at all.

Fiesta gets the last pick this year, so expect them to have to pick up the Big East Champ.

John Kochtoston
11/28/2010, 02:38 PM
I'm fairly certain Stanford will be in the Fiesta, as long as they finish No. 4. The Orange Bowl won't want to pick the Cardinal, since they have a small fan base who would need to travel across the country. The Orange would love West Virginia to sneak into the Big East title, but they'll settle for a UConn team who's small fan base would have an easy trip to a vacation destination.

BoulderSooner79
11/28/2010, 02:51 PM
I believe that Stanford could still end up in the Rose bowl if South Carolina knocks off Auburn and the voters have the nads to put TCU into the title BCS title game.

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 02:53 PM
I believe that Stanford could still end up in the Rose bowl if South Carolina knocks off Auburn and the voters have the nads to put TCU into the title BCS title game.

Yeah, that is also a possibility. And South Carolina can beat them, as long as Garcia is only buzzed, not drunk, and he doesn't turn the ball over 5 times.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/28/2010, 03:17 PM
The Jeff Sagarin comp poll is also out, we moved from 16 to 9. He had us lowest of the comp polls last week, so I expect our BCS ranking to be ~9 give or take a spot. I don't think we'll get above 8 since they're all 1 loss teams, so that's probably our glass roof.

I also think BSU loosing hurts TCU, I wouldn't be surprised to see TCU stay at 4.
Dan

Actually, Sagarin had OU at 7 in the ELO Chess row. That's the one that matters. Coaches had OU at 9. I think the Sooners could make #8 in the BCS. They've had a heckuva schedule.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 03:20 PM
I'm fairly certain Stanford will be in the Fiesta, as long as they finish No. 4. The Orange Bowl won't want to pick the Cardinal, since they have a small fan base who would need to travel across the country. The Orange would love West Virginia to sneak into the Big East title, but they'll settle for a UConn team who's small fan base would have an easy trip to a vacation destination.

That's great and all, but aren't more people likely to watch a Stanford matchup than a UCONN matchup?

And doesn't almost all the monies come from TV?

John Kochtoston
11/28/2010, 03:59 PM
That's great and all, but aren't more people likely to watch a Stanford matchup than a UCONN matchup?

And doesn't almost all the monies come from TV?

The TV money's guaranteed, even if the Orange was stuck with a Troy/OSU rematch. All the bowls care about now is ticket sales.

007sooner
11/28/2010, 04:03 PM
stanford managed to fill their half of the sun bowl last year, and el paso is a lot further away from palo alto than az is. I think it would be an exciting game - I'd be eager to see them match up with us with their qback healthy