PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Talent From Texas

sooner59
11/28/2010, 02:36 AM
On hornfans they admit that we get more out of our stolen talent from their state than they do. It made me ponder our players that are actually from Texas.

QB (3 deep): New Mexico (Jones), Texas (Allen), Kansas (Bell)
RB (3 deep): Nevada (Murray), Florida (Finch), California (Clay)
FB (2 deep): Missouri (Millard), Kansas (Musil)
SL: Oklahoma (Broyles)
WR (2 deep): California (Stills), Virginia (Caleb) NOTE: WAS New Jersey (Miller)
WR (2 deep): Texas (Franks), Georgia (Kenney)
TE (3 deep): Texas (Hanna), Oklahoma (Ratterree), Oklahoma (Haywood)
RT (2 deep): Texas (Mensik), Texas (Aladenoye)
RG (2 deep): Missouri (Evans), Oklahoma (Irwin)
C (2 deep): Texas (Habern), Oklahoma (Lepak)
LG (2 deep): Oklahoma (Ikard), Texas (Good)
LT (2 deep): Missouri (Stephenson), Texas via LSU (Jones)

DE (2 deep): Texas (Beal), Texas (King)
DT (2 deep): Texas (McFarland), Texas (Macon)
DT (2 deep): Oklahoma (McGee), Texas (Walker)
DE (2 deep): Louisiana (Alexander), Oklahoma (Lewis)
SLB (2 deep): Texas (Ibiloye), Oklahoma (Lewis)
MLB (3 deep): Oklahoma (Box), Texas (Wort), Kansas (Bird)
WLB (2 deep): Texas (Lewis), Texas (Nelson)
BCB (2 deep): Texas (Fleming), Oklahoma (Lynn)
SS (3 deep): Texas (Nelson), Oklahoma (Harris), California (Jefferson)
FS (2 deep): Nevada (Carter), Texas (Proctor)
FCB (2 deep): Texas (Hurst), Oklahoma (Colvin)
Nickle (2 deep): Texas (Ibiloye), California (Jefferson)

Given, half of our defense is from Texas, the other half is NOT!

And Texas athletes are not a big part of our offense, and most Texas players on offense are linemen.

Yep, we completely rely on the state of Texas to be good. Maybe the whorns could learn something from us if they took notes. :rolleyes:

jumperstop
11/28/2010, 02:39 AM
**** em! What they think? That every kid that plays in Texas wants to play at UT, even if it means sitting on the bench for four years....stupid horns are just jealous.

agoo758
11/28/2010, 02:40 AM
Maybe the impressive 1-10 New Mexico will claim superiority over our school for stealing their star quarterback.

sooner59
11/28/2010, 02:41 AM
New Mexico is SOOOO pissssssed at us. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/28/2010, 02:42 AM
i posted something on the recruiting board about texas being a mystery right now. its why you have a lot of non-texas freshman in the 2 deep right now

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 03:45 AM
LOLZ at *...

oudavid1
11/28/2010, 03:55 AM
my thing is that if they cant get them then that makes them look stupid.

sooner59
11/28/2010, 03:57 AM
If Texas talent doesn't want to go to the University of Texas, then you have failed and cannot use the lack of that talent as an excuse when Oklahoma has more success than you. :D

47straight
11/28/2010, 09:00 AM
Anytime this comes up, I ask them why they feel like it is okay to think they own certain young men, many of whom are African-American.

PLaw
11/28/2010, 09:36 AM
If Texas talent doesn't want to go to the University of Texas, then you have failed and cannot use the lack of that talent as an excuse when Oklahoma has more success than you. :D

Tsuc actually gets about 90% of the kids they want from south of the red + they get 50% (or more) of the kids that they are in a recruiting war with OU.

The problem with Tsuc is they build their recruiting classes too early . Many of these kids peak in great HS programs and don't get any better. The other problem is Tsuc doesn't develop their kids as well as other programs because of an over-protective, pseudo parenting coaching philosphy. OU does a great job of evaluating a kids ability to develop and then treating him like a man to give him the best opportunity to reach his potential.

Do you really think Sergio could have finished 3 yrs of eligibility at OU? While Bob has shown he is willing to give a kid a second chance, there are significant requirements for that kid to get back on the field.

BOOMER

PDXsooner
11/28/2010, 11:08 AM
Who cares? Once a kid signs on the dotted line he's a Sooner. I have a Mexican friend who claims Texas is winning with Mexican kids because the state of Texas rightfully belongs to Mexico. It's a gay argument that makes no sense.

Signing a letter of intent is a free act.

47straight
11/28/2010, 01:23 PM
Ask your Mexican friend why despite Texas being over a third hispanic there is nary an "Iglesias" or "Guitierrez" ever on the roster. OU must be doing something right.

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 01:25 PM
60% of the kids on our 2000 roster were from Oklahoma. Most people in Texas don't know that.

cccasooner2
11/28/2010, 01:37 PM
So I guess when the NCAA allows a school to give out about 1000 scholarship players per class year and have a roster of 4000 players * might be competitive?

OK, with redshirts it'll probably be a roster of about 8000. :)

bluedogok
11/28/2010, 01:45 PM
I find it kind of hard to attribute Wort to "Texas" considering they didn't move to the US until he was in 8th grade and that was Rhode Island and didn't move to Texas until his junior year of high school. With only two years of high school football in Texas the Whorns probably didn't notice him since they sign everyone early.

I kind of agree with PLaw, their recruiting method of signing high school primadonnas early seems to be hurting them.

NormanPride
11/28/2010, 01:48 PM
I liked how Brent and Kirk were talking about our Texas talent last night while the replay was showing Broyles, who not only is from Oklahoma, but from NORMAN.

Then again, I also liked Brent saying "That's an ugly offense" when talking about OSU struggles. I can just picture Poke fans screaming at the biased, anti-Poke announcers during the game... hope none of you had to watch the game with them. :D

slh1234
11/28/2010, 02:54 PM
Stolen talent? You can't blame the kids for wanting to upgrade, can you?

tulsaoilerfan
11/28/2010, 03:03 PM
Still don't understand this Whorn logic; the state of Texas produces about 300 DI players every year so i don't think they can sign every one of them

MR2-Sooner86
11/28/2010, 03:12 PM
Yup, a state that has us beat in population 10:1 with all of these extra players should just make all said players play for Texas even though there are scholarship limits and you can't get them all and they usually get the big star talent they want and we get lower ranked recruits but that doesn't matter. Jesus that's ag logic right there.

85sooners
11/28/2010, 03:37 PM
:texan:

3rdgensooner
11/28/2010, 03:41 PM
Stolen talent? You can't blame the kids for wanting to upgrade, can you?Exactly. It's not like we are going in Symbionese Liberation Army-style and kidnapping their proverbial Patty Hearsts.