PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Wilson..............

SOONER44EVER
11/28/2010, 12:22 AM
.............called a couple of plays that tricked me as bad as they did osu. I never thought i'd see that! Way to go KW!

silverwheels
11/28/2010, 12:25 AM
He and Venables both coached to win and not simply to avoid losing. That made me happy.

SOONER44EVER
11/28/2010, 12:28 AM
He and Venables both coached to win and not simply to avoid losing. That made me happy.

I agree. Now if they'd do that every game..............

noobalicious
11/28/2010, 12:30 AM
He dusted off the real playbook

meoveryouxinfinity
11/28/2010, 12:31 AM
As Bob says, it's ~90% execution.

Howeeeeeeeever, we threw down field A LOT more. And I'm not even talking about late in the game.

SPuL
11/28/2010, 12:35 AM
Some of Landry's throws were a little errant in the first 3 quarters. And it kinda got me shaking my head, and wandering if this kid will ever be the future for us at QB.

Then the 4th quarter came, and he played a hell of a game and made two beautiful throws in two clutch spots to help seal this win. Especially with a game on the road. that was HUGE.

But of course, credit goes to KW for that brilliant call on the Hanna TD. Like Herbstreet said, that has to definitely be one of the playcalls of the year in college football.

AlboSooner
11/28/2010, 12:37 AM
KW was awesome. Like always.

meandmybutt
11/28/2010, 12:43 AM
Some of Landry's throws were a little errant in the first 3 quarters. And it kinda got me shaking my head, and wandering if this kid will ever be the future for us at QB.

Then the 4th quarter came, and he played a hell of a game and made two beautiful throws in two clutch spots to help seal this win. Especially with a game on the road. that was HUGE.

But of course, credit goes to KW for that brilliant call on the Hanna TD. Like Herbstreet said, that has to definitely be one of the playcalls of the year in college football.

Yea, I had to eat crow on both the Kenney and Hanna TD's. I told my wife that "Wilson/Stoops don't have the balls to make the right call here. We are going to run the ball, everyone knows we are running the ball. Unfortunately, our coaches don't have the balls to throw it here."

Even after the Kenney TD, I said "unfortunately they don't have the balls to do it twice."

Crow tasting pretty good.

rm50
11/28/2010, 12:44 AM
I think after the Texas A&M game we have seen a different Sooner team. We are more aggressive and we are playing to win.

I don't blame KW when we lose or give him credit when we win. Stoops is in charge and for the past 5 years I have seen him get more conservative, especially in big games.

He has went from an aggressive coach to a conservative coach who coaches to not lose games. Since the A&M game I think we are seeing a little of the old Big Game Bob.

Great win for the Sooners

sooner59
11/28/2010, 12:49 AM
BOOMER!!!

tcrb
11/28/2010, 12:54 AM
The OU coaching staff earned those raises tonight. Now if they can put together and equally competent game plan for nebish and OUr bowl game, they will deserve another round.

LawtonBoy74
11/28/2010, 12:58 AM
I think after the Texas A&M game we have seen a different Sooner team. We are more aggressive and we are playing to win.

I don't blame KW when we lose or give him credit when we win. Stoops is in charge and for the past 5 years I have seen him get more conservative, especially in big games.

He has went from an aggressive coach to a conservative coach who coaches to not lose games. Since the A&M game I think we are seeing a little of the old Big Game Bob.

Great win for the Sooners

I have to disagree with you to a certain extent..We were pretty aggressive in the A&M game too... think about the fake field goal pass that Hanna dropped and the deep bomb to K. Stills that was overthrown... Coach Stoops is right its all about EXECUTION!!! GREAT GAME!!!

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 01:32 AM
Kevin Wilson fooled me with the play action pass to Hanna. The pokes weren't expecting it either so that left Hanna wide open for the TD. Great play call.

usaosooner
11/28/2010, 01:34 AM
KW was NAILS tonight

BoomerJ
11/28/2010, 01:45 AM

I agree. This may be our most impressive fourth quarter in a long time.

stoopified
11/28/2010, 02:50 AM
KW is the man as always

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 02:54 AM
Yea, I had to eat crow on both the Kenney and Hanna TD's. I told my wife that "Wilson/Stoops don't have the balls to make the right call here. We are going to run the ball, everyone knows we are running the ball. Unfortunately, our coaches don't have the balls to throw it here."

Even after the Kenney TD, I said "unfortunately they don't have the balls to do it twice."

If the passes fell incomplete... FIRE KW!!!

SoonerPr8r
Landry threw deep more because that swing pass was covered and later in the game it wasn't DM out there for the "long hand-off"

Leroy Lizard
KW is the man as always

One of the best in the game.

EatLeadCommie
11/28/2010, 02:56 AM
I actually thought his best play call, whether it had failed or not, was on 3rd and long and he called the run play. OSU had blitzed before and they did again and it worked.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:19 AM
Landry threw deep more because Von Miller wasn't burying his head into the turf.

FIFY.