PDA

View Full Version : Landry haters, please STFU and find the exit

A Sooner in Texas
11/27/2010, 11:59 PM
Cause he is the man and will only get better.

itsok
11/28/2010, 12:09 AM
He sure delivered tonight when we needed to, field goals werent gonna cut it in the end against the pokes, they played hard, but they are meant to lose hehe...great job sooners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chad
11/28/2010, 12:16 AM
He over threw most of his deep balls tonight and was lazy with some throw-aways, but man when it counted he showed all of his critics (including me when we're on the road) that we need to shut our mouths.

This game was huge for him and I desperately hope it gives him the confidence and mojo going into next week, the bowl game and can carry it into next year for our NC run and his Heisman campaign.

Kudos Landry...When you could have lost it, and had in past games, you stepped it up tonight and proved why you are OUr starting QB. Kudos to you.

I think I agree with the OP, he'll only get better. :)

sooner59
11/28/2010, 12:21 AM
BOOMER!!!

SoonerStormchaser
11/28/2010, 12:41 AM
Ummm...dude? He did a fine job, but he still sucked it up in quite a few areas. You can't rate a guy's performance as stellar with THREE PICKS...and numerous missed passes to wide-open receivers. He did ok...he came through when he really had to. But he still needs work...

I have faith he'll be just fine next week.

SoonerMom2
11/28/2010, 12:41 AM
He started looking a lot better in the 2nd half at A&M and tonight he showed at the end, he could put the team on his shoulders and win especially afater DeMarco went out! He stepped up and won this game on a national stage! Great game from the whole Sooner team!

pac10SUX
11/28/2010, 12:47 AM
LJ rocks - he'll only get better!! 2 years to go!! :D

rm50
11/28/2010, 12:54 AM
Landry has had a great season so far and with 2 years to improve things only look better in the future.

oumartin
11/28/2010, 12:58 AM
I've seen Peyton manning have three and four pick games and nobody questions his greatness. One of the INT's was a fluke.

SoonerStud615
11/28/2010, 01:07 AM
While his picks were still a problem, he really stepped up late, when it counted, after throwing a ridiculous number of passes.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:13 AM
I've seen Peyton manning have three and four pick games and nobody questions his greatness. One of the INT's was a fluke.

I can't even say it was a fluke. That kid made one hell of a play and even though they lost....I give him props for such a heads up play. Amazing. Great Football.

Knippz
11/28/2010, 01:13 AM
He did well in the end for once, but those interceptions changed the game. He's part of the reason we won, but a lot of the reason why it was so close. He's good, not great.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/28/2010, 01:17 AM
its always funny on this forum. isn't there some room in the middle of the spectrum?

you know somewhere between:

don't talk about him ----------------------------------------- bench him

Leroy Lizard
Ummm...dude? He did a fine job, but he still sucked it up in quite a few areas. You can't rate a guy's performance as stellar with THREE PICKS...

You can if he throws FOUR TDs.

Oh, no Sooner QB has thrown for more passing yards in a game. And we've had some pretty good QBs.

TXBOOMER

Anybody that questions Peyton Manning's greatness is a complete fuqtard with the skins he has on the wall!

TXBOOMER
11/28/2010, 01:19 AM
its always funny on this forum. isn't there some room in the middle of the spectrum?

Totally agree!

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:20 AM
Landry is a real guy who works hard for every win. Things didn't go his way a lot this year but I'll be damned if he hasn't gotten us to the Big XII Championship Game.

Anyone who posts that he's good but not great still has their head up their *** IMO.

Dude just hung 47 points on aggie at Home on the road. A Road Game. You know....one of those games that many of you weren't boasting about how we were gonna win today?

Seriously.....check yourselves.

You have got to be kidding me.

boomersooner28
11/28/2010, 01:21 AM
Landry has Ballz...he never backs down.

SoonerStormchaser
11/28/2010, 01:21 AM

That's what I'm trying to say. The guy isn't Bradford-esque...he's more of a Hybl. He's good, but not great. I can live with that...cause he's better than Gilbert Grape.

Curly Bill
11/28/2010, 01:24 AM
Count me in as another good (I'll even go really good), but not great vote.

Sorry, you throw 3 pics, one for a pic-6, you don't rate as great.

That being said: he bounced back and finished strong, so maybe great can be in his future.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:26 AM
That's what I'm trying to say. The guy isn't Bradford-esque...he's more of a Hybl. He's good, but not great. I can live with that...cause he's better than Gilbert Grape.

He's possibly going to win us more football games than any QB we have ever had. I'd have to really do some research to figure out how his stats would compare if he stays 2 more years and wins 20 more games or even more....than will be more than Sam ever won. Dude is on track for 40 wins. With the talent we have coming back next year.....I'm excited.

Hell I'm excited about winning the last Big XII Trophy and sendin nebbishka and beefalo packing.

Dio
11/28/2010, 01:27 AM
I was busting his chops during the A&M game, but the dude was balls tonight, picks and all.

Mazeppa
He could still improve in the red zone, we need td's not fg's
in close games.

yankee
there's this idiot on the Landry Jones' Mustache fanpage on Facebook...has been hating on Landry since last year...even tonight, he found crap to say like (here he's talking to some kid):

"You're just simply too stupid to comprehend that if not for Landry's ridiculous errors, the game would have NEVER BEEN IN QUESTION. Yes, he hit two short passes late that our receivers (yards after catch, my friend) turned into TDs. Do you ignore the late passes RIGHT IN THE HANDS of the Pokes defenders, which they LUCKILY dropped? And the off-target ones? Of course you do. "

Some people are unbelievable.

A Sooner in Texas
Nobody's saying Landry is Bradford-esque - and who could be? But we have two more years of Landry and I do think he will only continue to improve. He already has some impressive numbers; a lot of us may be very surprised by the time his college career ends at how good he really is.

TXBOOMER
11/28/2010, 01:32 AM
He's possibly going to win us more football games than any QB we have ever had. I'd have to really do some research to figure out how his stats would compare if he stays 2 more years and wins 20 more games or even more....than will be more than Sam ever won. Dude is on track for 40 wins. With the talent we have coming back next year.....I'm excited.

LJ will win more games than anyone if he stays healthy. Why compare him with Sam? I doubt we will ever have another Sam Bradford regardless of stats or wins.

Knippz
11/28/2010, 01:33 AM
Landry is a real guy who works hard for every win. Things didn't go his way a lot this year but I'll be damned if he hasn't gotten us to the Big XII Championship Game.

Anyone who posts that he's good but not great still has their head up their *** IMO.

Dude just hung 47 points on aggie at Home on the road. A Road Game. You know....one of those games that many of you weren't boasting about how we were gonna win today?

Seriously.....check yourselves.

You have got to be kidding me.

Dude, he's not great. King Sam was great. The definition of great. Landry is good, but nowhere near the QB that Sam was. Yes, Landry might win more games than Sam did, but Sam only played 2 seasons.

I said it earlier today, we give Landry too much hell because he's no Bradford. He actually has great stats this season (nearly 4000 yds, 34 TDs, 10 INTs), but when you watch him, you just don't see greatness. He is efficient enough to get the job done.

Okie35
11/28/2010, 01:36 AM
Dude, he's not great. King Sam was great. The definition of great. Landry is good, but nowhere near the QB that Sam was. Yes, Landry might win more games than Sam did, but Sam only played 2 seasons.

I said it earlier today, we give Landry too much hell because he's no Bradford. He actually has great stats this season (nearly 4000 yds, 34 TDs, 10 INTs), but when you watch him, you just don't see greatness. He is efficient enough to get the job done.

Exactly, very good stats. Hell our defense isn't as great as it was when Bradford played either.

CobraKai
11/28/2010, 01:39 AM
I will admit I was talking a little Landry trash at our watch party prior to the 4th. Landry sure proved me wrong! Great gutsy performance.

btb916
11/28/2010, 01:42 AM
Who f'ing cares!! Seriously, now is not the time to debate about our quarterback. Now is the time to get fired up that we're going to send nebisco packing next week! Boomer Sooner!

VA Sooner
11/28/2010, 01:42 AM
Rivalry Bedlam game and on the road... he was a bit rattled but definitely settled down in the second half and crushed all hopes of a comeback by the Pokes.

Kadosh
11/28/2010, 01:49 AM

Hell I'm excited about winning the last Big XII Trophy and sendin nebbishka and beefalo packing.

He may win more games if he remains healthy, which hurt Bradford's wins. He may win games, but I'm not sold if he is a big game QB (especially away games). We had plenty of opportunities on turnovers to have that score be much further apart than the final score. He was clearly shaken and we came about without a touchdown THREE times in the red zone. And what the heck was he trying when he was throwing the long passes?! No catches at all. No WRs even near.

Yes, he came through when it mattered, but I think that has to do more with the play calling and the WRs doing their job.

Joe
11/28/2010, 01:49 AM
I think it's just a sophomore slump. He's gonna come out next year and butt rape people for 14 straight games.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 01:50 AM

It's easy to compare Sam to Landry as an individual. I am comparing Landry as a QB who is following a SuperStar who left our team because of an O-line that nearly got him killed. Landry finished that Season and won a Trophy at the Sun Bowl against a very good Stanford Team. He has now taken this team to BCS #1 at one point in the Season....lost two away games....secured a Home win streak that many Universities would pay to have....(Auburn) and now just won a road Game that he wasn't supposed to win....hung 47 points on them and took his Team to the final Big XII South Championship Game. He might not have Payton Manning or Sam Bradford type NFL caliber moves. His stats night not even compare to either of them up to now. Thing is....he's got our Team ready to be the Big XII Champs again and be 10-2 and headed to a BCS Bowl.

Some of you who have no faith are still acting the same way you were going into this game and playing the "We're Doomed" card and the "I hope we don't get embarrassed in this next game" card. We have no reason to be ashamed about our team or anyone on our Team. They have all fought incredibly to get to this point and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and listen to anyone who is worried about their feelings about this Team. I've been watching these kids and their interviews pretty closely the last few weeks and they are on track to make us all PrOUd. So what if he's not Great. He's great just because he's a Sooner who wins games.

It's a great time to be a Sooner.

See you in Dallas or you can see us on TV.

ST

Okie35
11/28/2010, 01:54 AM
He may win more games if he remains healthy, which hurt Bradford's wins. He may win games, but I'm not sold if he is a big game QB. He was clearly shaken and we came about without a touchdown THREE times in the red zone. And what the heck was he trying when he was throwing the long passes?! No catches at all. No WRs even near.

Yes, he came through when it mattered, but I think that has to do more with the play calling and the WRs doing their job.

Its kind of a contradiction when you said we didn't score a TD 3 times in the redzone. Yet you think the playcalling only carried Landry. You don't think the redzone sputters has to do w/ playcalling? You know how we got that first FG to end the half right? On a long drive. He won a meaningful bowl game for us last year, won vs. *, won a critical game on the road vs. the pokes and has a chance to carry a BIG XII ship next week. I'll take it :cool:.

btb916
11/28/2010, 01:57 AM
My goodness people. What a pointless debate. The time for spinning our wheels about LJ is over. It's time to embrace him as we march toward another Big 12 championship! We have all offseason to cooly dissect his play. Until that awful time when there is no more football, let's just give this debate a rest.

SoonerLB
11/28/2010, 01:59 AM
I know one thing for sure about Landry, he's a hell of a lot better QB than anyone Nebraska can put on the field next week! :)

Joe
11/28/2010, 02:02 AM
He may win more games if he remains healthy, which hurt Bradford's wins. He may win games, but I'm not sold if he is a big game QB (especially away games). We had plenty of opportunities on turnovers to have that score be much further apart than the final score. He was clearly shaken and we came about without a touchdown THREE times in the red zone. And what the heck was he trying when he was throwing the long passes?! No catches at all. No WRs even near.

Our FRESHMAN FB dropped a ****ing ball wide open or else we probably would have scored a TD. It's not just Landry ****ing up in the red zone. No one is saying he's the best QB ever, or even great. But he's a sophomore being coached by our smartest QB ever. He still has 16 months of improving to go through and another season. Jason White went from good to great in 1 damn season. Landry could very well do the same.

BoomerJ
11/28/2010, 02:03 AM
I think it's just a sophomore slump. He's gonna come out next year and butt rape people for 14 straight games.

LOL. That will be his motto next year...before he becomes a preacher.

This did look like a different Landry to me in the second half. He didn't give up and clawed back under pressure. One heck of a game. BOOMER!

CatfishSooner
11/28/2010, 02:12 AM
he does have good numbers...

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 02:14 AM
Count me in as another good (I'll even go really good), but not great vote.

Sorry, you throw 3 pics, one for a pic-6, you don't rate as great.

That being said: he bounced back and finished strong, so maybe great can be in his future.

How good can he be with that horrible play calling of KW. :rolleyes:

Kadosh
11/28/2010, 02:24 AM
My goodness people. What a pointless debate. The time for spinning our wheels about LJ is over. It's time to embrace him as we march toward another Big 12 championship! We have all offseason to cooly dissect his play. Until that awful time when there is no more football, let's just give this debate a rest.

Wisely said.

EatLeadCommie
11/28/2010, 02:52 AM
The 3rd down pass to Kenney was great... The RAC was all Kenney. LJ's stats were padded by RAC as they usually are. LJ, in spite of his 6 million yards tonight, was simply OK. Nothing more, nothing less. At times, he was awful. Having 150 yards at the end of the game doesn't account for the rest. I was happy to see him rock it a bit, but he has to show more because he does not have it at this juncture. Still, having a big win on the road has to make him more comfortable, and I'm happy about that.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 04:32 AM
I know one thing for sure about Landry, he's a hell of a lot better QB than anyone Texas can put on the field the next two years! :)

FIFY

SoonerBorn68
11/28/2010, 04:38 AM
Nice road win to build on LJ. Maybe this road win can prove you can win on the road in the future.

olevetonahill
11/28/2010, 04:39 AM
Ummm...dude? He did a fine job, but he still sucked it up in quite a few areas. You can't rate a guy's performance as stellar with THREE PICKS...and numerous missed passes to wide-open receivers. He did ok...he came through when he really had to. But he still needs work...

I have faith he'll be just fine next week.

This is why we Fraged Yall back in the Day
we couldnt trust a Louie with any thing :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
11/28/2010, 04:41 AM
there's this idiot on the Landry Jones' Mustache fanpage on Facebook...has been hating on Landry since last year...even tonight, he found crap to say like (here he's talking to some kid):

"You're just simply too stupid to comprehend that if not for Landry's ridiculous errors, the game would have NEVER BEEN IN QUESTION. Yes, he hit two short passes late that our receivers (yards after catch, my friend) turned into TDs. Do you ignore the late passes RIGHT IN THE HANDS of the Pokes defenders, which they LUCKILY dropped? And the off-target ones? Of course you do. "

Some people are unbelievable.

Was his Name Sirus ? hes the biggest doosh Ive heard
:rolleyes:

Rocko
11/28/2010, 04:45 AM
Landry is OUr guy. Negating what has transpired over the last 2 seasons (Bradford), I believe any school in the nation would kill to have Landry as their leader.

Not only is he a great player, he is a great guy. He leads teammates in Bible studies when he's not leading them on the field. He obviously has his head in a good place, and I believe as he strengthens his relationship with God, we will see him improve his performance on the field. He's not a liability in these aspects.

While it will be telling as his career progresses, I believe the 4th quarter in the game tonight was a tipping point for LJ (citing this article: http://espn.go.com/blog/Big12/post/_/id/22266/jones-calm-carries-oklahoma-to-south-title ) From this point forward I will no longer lose it when Landry his having a rough start. He proved to me, and to many that he can play through the mistakes.

Great game Landry Jones, I'm happy too root for you.

FirstandGoal
11/28/2010, 04:50 AM
I love this thread. :)

What is the biggest reason I love Landry? Because he chose to play on this team when a lot of other ****ers didn't.
If they didn't choose crimson and cream, **** 'em

olevetonahill
11/28/2010, 04:55 AM
I love this thread. :)

What is the biggest reason I love Landry? Because he chose to play on this team when a lot of other ****ers didn't.
If they didn't choose crimson and cream, **** 'em

You go gurl
;)

sendbaht
11/28/2010, 05:33 AM
Hope he stays as long as possible!

UHS-SoonerFan
11/28/2010, 06:51 AM
Landry played one hell of a game tonight. The deep passes he missed were mostly caused by great defense and McGee who was having a hell of a game at corner. The pass to Stills in the first half was perfectly thrown, but McGee got back to the play in time to get a hand in there. There was incredible football played up and down the field tonight and I'd take Landry over anyone in the nation.

OUEngr1990
11/28/2010, 07:56 AM
Landry is still improving, slowly but surely. I still like his upside, and believe he has what it takes to bring home #8 if he keeps improving. The rest of the squad needs to keep improving as well..

Monster Zero
11/28/2010, 08:46 AM
Cause he is the man and will only get better.

Right on. Landry played well enough to win when it counted.

IslandSooner
11/28/2010, 09:04 AM
Landry > Gilbert

budbarrybob
11/28/2010, 09:33 AM

Hybl? No. Somewhere between Hybl and Bradford. Somewhere.

CrimsonCommando
11/28/2010, 09:35 AM
I give Landry props. He went out and made some great plays. That kid is a winner and will be even better.

BTW - The one interception-assist by Brown was the greatest defensive play I have ever seen in football. Unreals ya'll.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 09:40 AM
He may win games, but I'm not sold if he is a big game QB (especially away games).

That was a BIG GAME last night.

He's got 2 more to play in too. He's won 10 games this year and could make it 12.....last year he had won 7 and then got one more making it 8 in the Bowl.

12-2>8-5

Landry is on his way....His experience is building....the shadow of Bradford is fading...and his role as Leader of OUr Offense is clearly happening. Dude is solid #1 for next year's QB spot especially should he lead OUr Offesnse to a win in Dallas. This game is as huge as last night's game. It's a Road Game. It's against a pretty good nebbishka but they have as many or more problems as we have. Stil......Saturday is coming fast. Don't blink.....Landry might be 11-2 by next Sunday. If so....his Legacy continues....even if many of you don't want it.

I'm proud of how he hung in there. I'm proud of Jimmy Steven's, Austin Box, Quinton Carter, DeMarco, Kenney, Broyles.....so many to list....

Great Football....Great scrappy Team.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

PUMP TEH CRIMSON SUNSHINE ! ! ! !

boomersooner28
11/28/2010, 09:42 AM
Landry > Gilbert

I'm > Gilbert

85sooners
11/28/2010, 09:51 AM
:pop:

jersey sooner
11/28/2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/93746370de.jpg

C&CDean
11/28/2010, 11:49 AM
Good, not great. Can improve, but I fear that this is as "good-as-it-gets", when all is said and done. Just wish the mental errors weren't so prevelant, the dude doesn't handle adversity that well, not convinced he ever will. That's a between the ears thing, hard to coach out of a man. Hope I'm wrong.

You do this for your first post? What a waste of a log-in. Doesn't handle adversity well? Are you posting from the retard home?

Some of you people are so ****ing clueless it makes me wanna puke. "Landry is so-so, I ain't convinced, blah blah blah..." MEH. You guys suck. Guess you haters didn't watch the game huh? I watched VERY close and am fixin' to watch it again. I counted NINE (9) that's right NINE dropped passes where Landry hit his receivers in the hands in the first 3 quarters. If we catch all those balls, we win by 3 touchdowns or more.

My only beef with Landry is that he always seems to have a poor series or two in every game. However, I've never seen anyone who lays an egg in one series, then comes back and throws daggers in the next. The guy is simply incredible at not letting things bother him. He throws a damn pretty ball - usually dead on target. Yes, he overthrew a couple deep balls to open receivers but at least those ones weren't forced in and picked.

Landry is not as "pretty" to watch as Sam was, but he's our quarterback, and he's very, VERY good. No, he doesn't complete every throw (I know some of you think Sam did in your little minds). He seems a little lazy at times during some series/throws, but the guy will win a Heisman if he can stay healthy. Bank it. He's that good, and he's a Sooner. Quitcherbitchin' and support this guy.

tulsaoilerfan
11/28/2010, 12:03 PM
The thing you like to see in a QB is a guy that can handle adversity, throw a couple of picks, then come down the stretch during a tough road game and make the plays to help you win; last night, Landry came thru for us like he has never done before and to hear some of you people griping about him really boggles my mind; in the end its about wins and losses people, not how many picks you may have thrown.

Landry does still have room for improvement, but last night was a HUGE step for him and this program; could be the start of a magical 2 seasons

OUthunder
11/28/2010, 12:11 PM
You do this for your first post? What a waste of a log-in. Doesn't handle adversity well? Are you posting from the retard home?

Some of you people are so ****ing clueless it makes me wanna puke. "Landry is so-so, I ain't convinced, blah blah blah..." MEH. You guys suck. Guess you haters didn't watch the game huh? I watched VERY close and am fixin' to watch it again. I counted NINE (9) that's right NINE dropped passes where Landry hit his receivers in the hands in the first 3 quarters. If we catch all those balls, we win by 3 touchdowns or more.

My only beef with Landry is that he always seems to have a poor series or two in every game. However, I've never seen anyone who lays an egg in one series, then comes back and throws daggers in the next. The guy is simply incredible at not letting things bother him. He throws a damn pretty ball - usually dead on target. Yes, he overthrew a couple deep balls to open receivers but at least those ones weren't forced in and picked.

Landry is not as "pretty" to watch as Sam was, but he's our quarterback, and he's very, VERY good. No, he doesn't complete every throw (I know some of you think Sam did in your little minds). He seems a little lazy at times during some series/throws, but the guy will win a Heisman if he can stay healthy. Bank it. He's that good, and he's a Sooner. Quitcherbitchin' and support this guy.

Millard dropped 3 personally. That one INT that Landry threw was simply a matter of a player making a superhuman play. That was the sweetest INT that I've seen in a looooong time, maybe ever!

Landry is a good qb that barring injury, is only going to get better. Take into consideration that we have had a running game that has been at best inconsistant, and that tells you just how much we ask from Landry. How many throws did he attempt last nite, something like 62 or something? That's a bunch for a senior qb, not to mention a sophmore.

Just imagine how good that Landry would be with a great running game, I bet his numbers would be even better. I think that most fans/bandwaggoners fail to remember that when Bradford was here, we had a GREAT OL (except for last year), that could smash you in the mouth and run the football very well. This OL is basically new, learning how to play college ball, and lacks the physical ability to continually play smash mouth football. This leads us to depend on the pssing game and landry more than we would like to.

Just wait until next year, this line will be even better, which means the running game will be even better, which means that Landry will even be better. Quite frankly, Landry has surpassed my expectations this year...yeah I'd like to be undefeated, but we're not playing the likes of Louisiana Tech, San Diego State, and New Mexico State every week.

Cut the kid some slack, he has lead us to the Big XII Championship game in his 1st "real" season, as a projected starter.