11/27/2010, 03:54 PM
Leave Willie alone.

And while they at it they can leave Olevet alone also :cool:

soonerchk
11/27/2010, 04:06 PM
He probably had a plan and forgot.

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 04:16 PM
6 ounces....just enough for a small buzz......

waynepayne
11/27/2010, 04:18 PM
Willie needs to get himself some Febreeze - geesh

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 04:24 PM
Willie needs to get himself some brains

FIFY

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 04:49 PM
FIFY

He had some but he SMOKED em

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 04:54 PM
He ain't that stupid....

Z_wmASF3jYA

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 05:19 PM
He had some but he SMOKED em

Heh.

Good singer. Not my cup of tea. But he has no more common sense than the average metalhead, which is sad because he should have enough experience behind him to know better.

Fraggle145
11/27/2010, 05:29 PM
Maybe he just doesnt give a ****...

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 05:31 PM
Maybe he just doesnt give a ****...

Then they should just throw away the key.

Fraggle145
11/27/2010, 05:35 PM

No.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 05:37 PM

Leroid can you get any dumber ?:rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2010, 05:59 PM
Who has Willie Nelson harmed as a result of his pot smoking?

*crickets*

...anyone?

That's what I thought.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:06 PM
Who has Willie Nelson harmed as a result of his pot smoking?

*crickets*

...anyone?

The state, which is why the trial is titled "State of Texas versus Willie Nelson" (or something like that). You can't pick and choose which laws you want to obey. (Well, you can. But you have to pay the price.)

Frankly, if he can't obey the law he should probably stay in jail.

WA. Sooner
11/27/2010, 06:11 PM
He is 77 and not bothering anyone, leave him the f--- alone

DIB
11/27/2010, 06:11 PM
The state, which is why the trial is titled "State of Texas versus Willie Nelson" (or something like that). You can't pick and choose which laws you want to obey. (Well, you can. But you have to pay the price.)

How does smoking pot hurt the state?

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:15 PM

Flagrant violations of state law teaches the public to disrespect state law, especially when involving a popular celebrity.

He knows the law. All the MJ experts tell us that the drug isn't addictive. What excuse is there for his behavior?

He is 77 and not bothering anyone, leave him the f--- alone

The fact that he is 77 makes this even worse. He should know better by now.

(No, I don't think this is a serious crime requiring life in prison.)

soonerbub
11/27/2010, 06:17 PM
Hope it wasn't the good ****!

gotta give Toby his props for that one song

DIB
11/27/2010, 06:23 PM
Flagrant violations of state law teaches the public to disrespect state law, especially when involving a popular celebrity.

He knows the law. All the MJ experts tell us that the drug isn't addictive. What excuse is there for his behavior?

Civil disobedience of unjust laws is the responsibility of all citizens of this country. It is all the more important that celebrities and the elderly show an example of civic responsibility to today's youth.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:30 PM
Civil disobedience of unjust laws is the responsibility of all citizens of this country. It is all the more important that celebrities and the elderly show an example of civic responsibility to today's youth.

A U.S. Border Patrol spokesman says country singer Willie Nelson was charged with marijuana possession after 6 ounces was found aboard his tour bus in Texas.

This clearly wasn't civil disobedience, and I'm tired of people confusing it with basic criminal activity. He broke the law and got busted -- hardly an act of heroism or courage.

And the law isn't unjust, as everyone is equally capable of obeying the law.

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 06:41 PM
Leroid....

He consistantly said that if it wasn't for pot he'd have drank himself to death. I think he's showed that he can not only comeback from the government trying to ruin him and make another successful run as an entertainer....he can do it stoned 24/7. He believes it's a much better thing to use than alcohol and for him...it works. As long as he's playing guitar and riding around in a Tour Bus I could give a rats *** whether he broke the law. I think he's a perfect example of why it should be legal for folks who need something to replace the addictions they developed or to fill a need to be social rather than straight and uncomfortable. Drugs have a place in our society. Thety have a place in our World. Those who think differently are either liars / hypocrites or very much the minority in this World. We all are addicted to something....you seem to be addicted to debating concrete walls.

SicEmBaylor
11/27/2010, 06:42 PM

How has he hurt the state of Texas? I have every right to say the law is bull****, ridiculous, and needs to be repealed.

The idea that Willie Nelson should go to jail and the people of the state of Texas should have to pay for his incarceration is just insane. It's government insanity pure and simply.

Willie Nelson has done nothing to "hurt" the state of Texas or the citizens of the state of Texas. He represents absolutely NO threat to society in any shape, form, or fashion.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:45 PM
Leroid....

He consistantly said that if it wasn't for pot he'd have drank himself to death. I think he's showed that he can not only comeback from the government trying to ruin him and make another successful run as an entertainer....he can do it stoned 24/7. He believes it's a much better thing to use than alcohol and for him...it works.

How about not drinking and not smoking pot? It is quite possible to refrain from both.

This has to be the lamest excuse I have ever heard. "If it wasn't for burglary, I would be loansharking."

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:49 PM
How has he hurt the state of Texas? I have every right to say the law is bull****, ridiculous, and needs to be repealed.

Then repeal it. Until then...

The idea that Willie Nelson should go to jail and the people of the state of Texas should have to pay for his incarceration is just insane. It's government insanity pure and simply.

Use of the hyperbole "insane" doesn't exactly strengthen your argument. It is only in YOUR OPINION that jailing people for drug use is unreasonable. But others just might disagree with you... enough people to pass the law against it.

Even in tootie fruitie California enough of the population decided to retain the law banning pot. I am sure in Texas the percentage is even much higher.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 06:53 PM

It dont , But it makes leroids pusssy hurt tho :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 06:55 PM

Like i axed ya Leroid, can ya get any dumber? You have said twice in this thread that he should be locked up fer ever :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 06:57 PM
Like i axed ya Leroid, can ya get any dumber? You have said twice in this thread that he should be locked up fer ever :rolleyes:

Dude, you can't understand hyperbole? Is your brain that small?

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 06:57 PM
How about not drinking and not smoking pot? It is quite possible to refrain from both.

This has to be the lamest excuse I have ever heard. "If it wasn't for burglary, I would be loansharking."

He gave up driving so I'm good with the pot.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 06:58 PM

Now YOU are just makin shat up ,:P

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 06:59 PM
Dude, you can't understand hyperbole? Is your brain that small?

When it comes to the Dumbassed shat you spew, No i cant unnersatnd it :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:00 PM
He gave up driving so I'm good with the pot.

It sounds like he has serious problems that are completely his own doing. So what sympathy does he deserve? No one put a gun to his head and told him he had to be a druggie.

BTW, he gave up driving because he has piled up enough cash to have someone drive for him. If he was just a run-of-the-mill singer, he would be DUI'ing it up the yin-yang.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:01 PM
When it comes to the Dumbassed shat you spew, No i cant unnersatnd it :rolleyes:

Whatever.

DIB
11/27/2010, 07:01 PM
This clearly wasn't civil disobedience, and I'm tired of people confusing it with basic criminal activity. He broke the law and got busted -- hardly an act of heroism or courage.

I can see now that you are just another government loving liberal trying to steal individual rights from the citizens of this country, while simultaneous expanding the size and reach of the government. As a conservative, I will always support the rights of the individual over the state. As a liberal, you are the opposite. I see, now, that there is no further reason for us to debate.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:04 PM
I can see now that you are just another government loving liberal

Liberal? Ha! Dude, I make olevet look like Spike Lee.

trying to steal individual rights from the citizens of this country, while simultaneous expanding the size and reach of the government. As a conservative, I will always support the rights of the individual over the state. As a liberal, you are the opposite. I see, now, that there is no further reason for us to debate.

One small problem with your philosophy: Smoking pot is not a right. I can't steal the right for someone to smoke pot because they don't have that right to begin with.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 07:05 PM
I can see now that you are just another Giant dooshbag .

FIFY :D

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:06 PM
FIFY :D

Whatever.

DIB
11/27/2010, 07:06 PM
Liberal? Ha! Dude, I make olevet look like Spike Lee.

One small problem with your philosophy: Smoking pot is not a right. I can't steal the right for someone to smoke pot because they don't have that right to begin with.

Smoking pot is part of the pursuit of happiness...

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 07:09 PM
Whatever.

Man cant you unnerstan Humor? is yer brain thaty small :D

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:09 PM
Smoking pot is part of the pursuit of happiness...

You don't understand the phrase. (Otherwise mass murderers could use this excuse.)

DIB
11/27/2010, 07:17 PM
You don't understand the phrase. (Otherwise mass murderers could use this excuse.)

So you equate smoking pot to mass murder?

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 07:20 PM
It sounds like he has serious problems that are completely his own doing. So what sympathy does he deserve? No one put a gun to his head and told him he had to be a druggie.

BTW, he gave up driving because he has piled up enough cash to have someone drive for him. If he was just a run-of-the-mill singer, he would be DUI'ing it up the yin-yang.
He's a great musician who has helped a hell of a lot more folks than you will in your life unless you are gonna try that David Carradine thing later tonight....then I give you the edge.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:27 PM
So you equate smoking pot to mass murder?

Lame attempt at feigning ignorance of my point.

Smoking pot does not constitute pursuit of happiness. No way, no how.

Now, if the government was forcing Willie to be a plumber for the White House when he really wanted to be a singer, you would have a point. But Willie wanted to be a singer (a legal activity) and wanted to be successful at it, and the government did not prevent him from doing so.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:30 PM
He's a great musician who has helped a hell of a lot more folks than you will in your life....

He may have helped some individuals (although I don't know what that's all about), but he then set a terrible example for others to follow. He should have kept helping others AND set a good example. Then he would be more worthy of sympathy.

Has he helped more people than me? Considering my experience in education, dunno.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 07:30 PM
leroid = http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H8KDKpNcbYo/Subtxan6qwI/AAAAAAAAApw/KGs9OmLVrsE/s400/blog+box+of+rocks.jpg

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:31 PM
leroid = http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_H8KDKpNcbYo/Subtxan6qwI/AAAAAAAAApw/KGs9OmLVrsE/s400/blog+box+of+rocks.jpg

I could start posting pictures of horses' rear ends to depict your character if I wanted. Meh, too juvenile.

DIB
11/27/2010, 07:35 PM
Lame attempt at feigning ignorance of my point.

Smoking pot does not constitute pursuit of happiness. No way, no how.

Now, if the government was forcing Willie to be a plumber for the White House when he really wanted to be a singer, you would have a point. But Willie wanted to be a singer (a legal activity) and wanted to be successful at it, and the government did not prevent him from doing so.

No feigning of ignorance, just pointing out how ridiculous your example was. There is no compelling government reason for pot to be illegal, there is an obvious compelling government reason for mass murder to be illegal. In the absence of a compelling reason, i believe the government is taking away our right to pursue happiness. You seem to have equated pursuit of happiness to pursuit of chosen profession. There is a lot more to the pursuit of happiness than the freedom to choose a job. And legality is not a legitimate argument either. The government has made a habit of making laws that are later overturned.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 07:46 PM
No feigning of ignorance, just pointing out how ridiculous your example was.

There was nothing ridiculous about it. Both murder and pot smoking are illegal activities. The right to pursue happiness does not extend to criminal behavior.

Your argument would make more sense if there was a compelling reason that you could not pursue happiness without smoking pot. Good luck with that one.

I think you consider the right to pursue happiness the right to do anything you want as long as *you* don't *think* you're bothering anyone else. It doesn't quite work like that.

You have the right to pursue happiness. You don't have the right to pursue it in any manner you please.

There is no compelling government reason for pot to be illegal, there is an obvious compelling government reason for mass murder to be illegal. In the absence of a compelling reason, i believe the government is taking away our right to pursue happiness. You seem to have equated pursuit of happiness to pursuit of chosen profession. There is a lot more to the pursuit of happiness than the freedom to choose a job. And legality is not a legitimate argument either. The government has made a habit of making laws that are later overturned.

And until they are overturned, they are the law of the land. And the process of overturning laws is straightforward. I suggest you try that route.

DIB
11/27/2010, 07:51 PM
Your argument would make more sense if there was a compelling reason that you could not pursue happiness without smoking pot. Good luck with that one.

That is the difference between the two of us. You believe that an individual should prove why they have the right to do something; I believe the government should prove why an individual does not have the right to do something

I think you consider the right to pursue happiness the right to do anything you want as long as *you* don't *think* you're bothering anyone else. It doesn't quite work like that.

Then you have reading comprehension problems. I believe that the right to pursue happiness gives us the right to do anything that the government does not have a compelling reason to take away from us.

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 07:54 PM
He may have helped some individuals (although I don't know what that's all about), but he then set a terrible example for others to follow. He should have kept helping others AND set a good example. Then he would be more worthy of sympathy.

Has he helped more people than me? Considering my experience in education, dunno.

It's a little thing called Farm Aid. many of them were probably gratefull enough to grow him some pretty good pot....:D

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723595/k.EE67/Family_Farmers_Good_Food_A_Better_America.htm

Willie Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985 to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and to raise funds to keep farm families on their land. Dave Matthews joined the Farm Aid Board of Directors in 2001. Farm Aid has raised more than $37 million to promote a strong and resilient family farm system of agriculture. Farm Aid is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to keep family farmers on their land.

sooner59
11/27/2010, 08:05 PM
Nevermind me. I'm just passing through this thread. Looks fun, but the game is starting. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 08:06 PM
That is the difference between the two of us. You believe that an individual should prove why they have the right to do something;

When a law exists, it is up to those who fight the law to prove that the law is unconstitutional. If they can't, then the law is allowed to stand. The government does not have to prove the constitutionality of a law in order to pass it.

I'm no fan of Obama's health plan, but the burden of proof is on the people to prove it unconstitutional.

Otherwise we would have to ditch almost every law we have on the books and clog the court systems with government appeals.

And there would be no hope for a community to pass any sort of ordinances with such a burden placed on it.

I believe the government should prove why an individual does not have the right to do something

Sounds great on a bumper sticker, but it's not very practical.

Then you have reading comprehension problems. I believe that the right to pursue happiness gives us the right to do anything that the government does not have a compelling reason to take away from us.

I believe otherwise, and I have the law and hundreds of years of court history on my side.

So now what?

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 08:07 PM
I'm gonna smoke a doob the day Willie dies. Then I'm gonna retire and make Lizard Boots.

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2010, 08:08 PM
It's a little thing called Farm Aid. many of them were probably gratefull enough to grow him some pretty good pot....:D

http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723595/k.EE67/Family_Farmers_Good_Food_A_Better_America.htm

His own personal money given to farmers would mean something. Not sure how much that is. Just playing at the venue... not so much. (Sure it helped, but he gained personally from the exposure as well.)

SanJoaquinSooner
11/27/2010, 08:10 PM
nice box of rocks, vet.

Frozen Sooner
11/27/2010, 08:18 PM
1. Unbelievably, and without meaning to, Leroy did an excellent job of giving an example of what "pursuit of happiness" meant in 1776. It doesn't mean "chase happiness." It means "whatever job you want." The phrase was a direct response to the British forbidding colonists certain lines of work.

2. "Compelling interest" is part of the test for burdening a fundamental right, not the test for passing any law. The states have broad police powers to regulate the sale and consumption of products. You're going to have a hard time finding anyone who would agree that smoking marijuana is essential to the notions of ordered liberty, or so inherent to fundamental freedom that it constitutes a fundamental right. And this is coming from someone who absolutely thinks that government should get out of the business of sending people to jail for smoking marijuana.

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 08:38 PM
His own personal money given to farmers would mean something. Not sure how much that is. Just playing at the venue... not so much. (Sure it helped, but he gained personally from the exposure as well.)

You're just being a dumbass about that. People have been doing this for lots of things that gave the money to folks who don't live in the US. He and the others who have kept Farm Aid going for over 25 years have kept the dough rolling in for Americans who have fallen on hard times or gotten sick and not been able to make their bank loans...etc.

Paint it however you want but his Philanthropy (Philanthropy is the effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind.) is the kind we need to see more of IMO.

Putting constraints on a guy that has made and lost fortunes and still managed to help so many shouldn't be taken lightly. He's a great Guy and even though he's a Texan....I still think he's a good example of how more Texans ought to act.

Blow it out your *** Leroid.

bluedogok
11/27/2010, 09:11 PM
He was searched at a US Border Crossing checkpoint, anyone who has been on I-10 east of El Paso there knows that checkpoint is there. They don't stop everyone but I am sure a bus draw more scrutiny than most personal vehicles. The real idiot is the bus driver who decided to chance getting stopped at the checkpoint. There are enough alternate routes out of El Paso to bypass the checkpoint.

Penguin
11/27/2010, 10:05 PM
He's a grown man. He knows the risks. No need to cry for him because I doubt that he's feeling sorry for himself.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:09 AM
1. Unbelievably, and without meaning to, Leroy did an excellent job of giving an example of what "pursuit of happiness" meant in 1776. It doesn't mean "chase happiness." It means "whatever job you want." The phrase was a direct response to the British forbidding colonists certain lines of work.

Why, thanks Froze. I really appreciate it when.... HEY!! (But I've read my share of Mortimer Adler, enough to get myself in trouble.)

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:12 AM
You're just being a dumbass about that. People have been doing this for lots of things that gave the money to folks who don't live in the US. He and the others who have kept Farm Aid going for over 25 years have kept the dough rolling in for Americans who have fallen on hard times or gotten sick and not been able to make their bank loans...etc.

What exactly did he do?

I'm not saying he didn't do anything, but nothing you said there indicates what he actually did.

No need to cry for him because I doubt that he's feeling sorry for himself.

That sounds like a country song.

He was searched at a US Border Crossing checkpoint, anyone who has been on I-10 east of El Paso there knows that checkpoint is there. They don't stop everyone but I am sure a bus draw more scrutiny than most personal vehicles. The real idiot is the bus driver who decided to chance getting stopped at the checkpoint. There are enough alternate routes out of El Paso to bypass the checkpoint.

Oh yeah, blame it on the bus driver.

AlbqSooner
11/28/2010, 07:48 AM
Leroid, I think you woul enjoy life a lot more if you smoked a big fatty first thing every morning. I am sure your posts would make a lot more sense as well, and they would be less circuitous.

As far as what 'right' has been taken, look to the 'right to be left alone'. Jefferson said that is the most important right we have.

As far as comparing murder and pot smoking because both are illegal, try to get someone to explain to you the distinction between "malum in se" and malum prohibitum".

Seriously dude, get a family pack of twinkies and bump the bong a couple a times. You might be a lot more tolerable.

OUthunder
11/28/2010, 12:28 PM
Legalize the reefer.

yermom
11/28/2010, 01:09 PM

yep. sit-ins in Alabama were illegal too. by your logic, Rosa Parks deserved to be in jail.

now, obviously i'm not equating the civil rights movement with legalizing pot, but just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.

what better way to gain popular support of a law to be repealed than showing the public how dumb it is for someone to get arrested for breaking a dumb law?

marijuana is something that grows naturally from the ground, and can be argued to be less harmful than alcohol, which everyone can agree caused a lot more problems by being illegal than it does now.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:19 PM
As far as what 'right' has been taken, look to the 'right to be left alone'. Jefferson said that is the most important right we have.

What did he actually say?

As far as comparing murder and pot smoking because both are illegal,

You misuse the term "compare." I didn't compare pot smoking to murder.

It's all about reading comprehension. You have none.

Leroy Lizard
11/28/2010, 03:23 PM
yep. sit-ins in Alabama were illegal too. by your logic, Rosa Parks deserved to be in jail.

You really need to study up on what constitutes civil disobedience.

Lighting one up in public as an act of defiance -- civil disobedience.

Hiding it in your bus in the hope that no one finds it --- NOT civil disobedience.

Do they teach social studies anymore?!?!

VeeJay
11/28/2010, 03:26 PM
Willie started touting bio-diesel a couple of years ago.

Ya gots to wonder when the world's premiere pot smoker starts dabbling in business and promoting this that and the other if it's a good idea.

Just sayin.'

But at the age of 77, I'd tend to leave him alone and let him go out high as a kite.

yermom
11/28/2010, 03:26 PM
You really need to study up on what constitutes civil disobedience.

Lighting one up in public as an act of defiance -- civil disobedience.

Hiding it in your bus in the hope that no one finds it --- NOT civil disobedience.

Do they teach social studies anymore?!?!

how do you light up in public if you don't transport it? :D

six ounces is a lot of pot though...

VeeJay
11/28/2010, 03:38 PM
six ounces is dessert

Fixed. ;)

olevetonahill
11/28/2010, 04:00 PM
Willie started touting bio-diesel a couple of years ago.

Ya gots to wonder when the world's premiere pot smoker starts dabbling in business and promoting this that and the other if it's a good idea.

Just sayin.'

But at the age of 77, I'd tend to leave him alone and let him go out high as a kite.

Yea so leave Me alone er i mean Willie :O

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 04:03 PM
What did he actually say?

You misuse the term "compare." I didn't compare pot smoking to murder.

It's all about reading comprehension. You have none.

Yeah Albq.....quit being such a dumbass. LMAO!

Leroid.....Albq has **** smarter turds than you.

StoopTroup
11/28/2010, 04:04 PM
Legalize the reefer.

WURD! OUTLAW DRIVING STONED ! ! !

I hate you bastages who sit there staring at the pretty Christmas Trees at the intersections.

yermom
11/28/2010, 04:40 PM
ugh. sadly you don't have to be stoned for that

how about banning Christmas lights? ;)

Penguin
11/28/2010, 05:31 PM
Willie doesn't think the rules apply to him. Cops love people like that.

AlbqSooner
11/29/2010, 07:14 AM
Leroid.....Albq has **** smarter turds than you.

Clarification please.

Do you mean turds smarter than Leroid or smarter turds than Leroid has passed. My humility may require that I modestly disavow this statement depending on your answer.:)

StoopTroup
11/29/2010, 01:34 PM
Clarification please.

Do you mean turds smarter than Leroid or smarter turds than Leroid has passed. My humility may require that I modestly disavow this statement depending on your answer.:)

**** if I know....I'm just a kid who puts poop in a bag and sets it afire on aggie doorsteps.

TUSooner
11/29/2010, 02:17 PM

Pharisee.

TUSooner
11/29/2010, 02:20 PM

I'll handle that one for Leroy:

Things are illegal because the State says so, and vice versa. The law must be obeyed because it is the law. If you break any law, you insult the dignity of the State. You must always do what the State says and never challenge the law. Because it is the law. It's all either black or white.

How much clearer do you need it to be?

;)

olevetonahill
11/29/2010, 06:11 PM
I'll handle that one for Leroy:

Things are illegal because the State says so, and vice versa. The law must be obeyed because it is the law. If you break any law, you insult the dignity of the State. You must always do what the State says and never challenge the law. Because it is the law. It's all either black or white.And http://www.englishclub.com/ref/_static/i/big-brother.jpg

How much clearer do you need it to be?

;)

FIFY Bro

starclassic tama
11/29/2010, 07:49 PM
you know, message board trolls are very annoying, but most of them (incuding myself at times) obviously don't even believe what they are posting and just do so to rile people up. the sad thing about leroy is he honestly believes in all the garbage he posts...

Leroy Lizard
11/29/2010, 08:54 PM
you know, message board trolls are very annoying, but most of them (incuding myself at times) obviously don't even believe what they are posting and just do so to rile people up. the sad thing about leroy is he honestly believes in all the garbage he posts...

Because I'm right.

olevetonahill
11/29/2010, 09:50 PM
Because I'm right.

:rolleyes:

XingTheRubicon
11/30/2010, 10:35 AM
Find something else to altar your brain that's not so inconvenient or illegal...like say, thallium. Make sure you take a lot though, the first time or you won't feel it.

Soonerwake
11/30/2010, 10:55 AM
I have learned that:

Willie Nelson = Rosa Parks
smoking pot = murder
Leroy is the most hated person on this board
Vet = Willie Nelson, so I guess Vet = Rosa Parks
pot grows from the ground, so it should be legal
something about civil disobedience
Willie does good stuff for farmers so he should be left alone

Forget it, I'm lost.

Willie smokes pot. Got it. He knows it is illegal, so he is taking the risk of arrest, jail, etc. That's his problem.

I would imagine that there are legal ways to get a law overturned/repealed. If you want to smoke a fatty legally, get some other smokers together and get stuff going. Until then, smoke at your own risk.

I think the 40mph speed limit on SE 29th between Westminster and Douglas is stupid, so I guess I'll keep doing 50, at the risk of a ticket from one of MWC's finest.

Now, making moonshine, that's a whole 'nother topic.. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/30/2010, 02:06 PM
I have learned that:

Willie Nelson = Rosa Parks
smoking pot = murder
Leroy is the most hated person on this board

You must be new here.

3rdgensooner
3/29/2011, 11:41 AM
Nelson 'to sing' way out of jail (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12893244)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51886000/jpg/_51886893_nelson304getty.jpg

Country star Willie Nelson has been offered a plea bargain over his marijuana charge - to sing in a Texan courthouse.

Nelson, 77, was charged with possession of marijuana in November last year in Hudspeth, West Texas.

Hudspeth County District Attorney, Kit Bramblett, told local radio station WOAI: "I'm going to let him pay a small fine and recommend community service.

"I am going to say that Willie needs to sing Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain."
Bramblett said it was the Judge Becky Dean-Walker's favourite song and Nelson could sing it in the courthouse in the small West Texas town of Sierra Blanca.

"You can bet your a$$, I'm not going to be mean to Willie Nelson," Bramblett added.

Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in November by police - they confiscated between three and four ounces of marijuana which Nelson said was his and he was released on bail.

This amount qualifies for a Class B misdemeanour, which can be punished by a fine up to $2000 or up to 180 days in jail.

Leroy Lizard
3/29/2011, 11:52 AM
Nelson 'to sing' way out of jail (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12893244)

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/51886000/jpg/_51886893_nelson304getty.jpg

Country star Willie Nelson has been offered a plea bargain over his marijuana charge - to sing in a Texan courthouse.

Nelson, 77, was charged with possession of marijuana in November last year in Hudspeth, West Texas.

Hudspeth County District Attorney, Kit Bramblett, told local radio station WOAI: "I'm going to let him pay a small fine and recommend community service.

"I am going to say that Willie needs to sing Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain."
Bramblett said it was the Judge Becky Dean-Walker's favourite song and Nelson could sing it in the courthouse in the small West Texas town of Sierra Blanca.

"You can bet your a$$, I'm not going to be mean to Willie Nelson," Bramblett added.

Nelson's tour bus was pulled over in November by police - they confiscated between three and four ounces of marijuana which Nelson said was his and he was released on bail.

This amount qualifies for a Class B misdemeanour, which can be punished by a fine up to $2000 or up to 180 days in jail.

Way for the government officials in Hudspeth County to take their job seriously. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
3/29/2011, 11:58 AM

http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws.htm

I lobbied for that Oklahoma law. ;)