PDA

View Full Version : Beebe refuses to deliver North trophy to Neb.

sooner n houston
11/27/2010, 08:04 AM
Threats prompt Big 12 administrators to skip trip to Lincoln

Big 12 Conference administrators did not send any representatives to Friday's Nebraska-Colorado football game in Lincoln because the league feared for their safety, commissioner Dan Beebe confirmed to the Journal Star on Friday night.

Nebraska fans flooded the Big 12 office with negative e-mails and voice messages this week, some of which Beebe said were threatening. Those messages will be turned over to authorities, he said.

Beebe himself received more than 2,000 e-mails from Nebraska fans after Saturday's game at Texas A&M, when fans and coaches were upset with the officiating in Nebraska's 9-6 loss.

"There were many that were very, very vile, vulgar, disgusting messages, and a lot to administrative assistants and people who don't deserve any of this," Beebe said. "I mean, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/22143/nebraska-forced-to-wait-for-big-12-north-trophy

soonerhubs
11/27/2010, 08:14 AM
I suppose ignoring sexual assaults on Kyle field has its consequences.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 08:35 AM
What a little chicken ---- -----. This clown is really a toilet ******. Fear for his safety :rolleyes: , please.....what a joke. NU will be battling the refs BIGTIME next weekend, no matter who they play.

soonerbub
11/27/2010, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry did the refs keep you out of the end zone?

call the WHAAAMBULANCE

SoonerJack
11/27/2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah, classiest fans in the nation...my hind leg.

btb916
11/27/2010, 09:42 AM
I really hope the last Big XII title game is OU v. Neb. A very fitting end.

I just hope Neb and their fans don't whine about a damn conspiracy. :rolleyes: Who the heck really thinks that the officials are out to get Nebraska? Come on. They are professionals--they would be much more subtle.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 10:16 AM
What a little chicken ---- -----. This clown is really a toilet ******. Fear for his safety :rolleyes: , please.....what a joke. NU will be battling the refs BIGTIME next weekend, no matter who they play.

As long as your crassless cud-chewing psychopath and his small penis syndrome lil' bro continue their sideline antics I'm sure NU will be battling the refs... rightfully.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NU fans are no more or less classy than any other fanbase. They have an undeserved reputation from a sycophantic media that once upon a time saw NU fans give Ricky Williams a standing o. How about that standing o NU fans gave Texas this year following their awesome defensive performance? And now the threats of violence? Nice.

And as far as being chicken littles... seems to me lil' red nation and butt ouchy Tommy-boy are the ones with all sorts of hurty feel bads, and are running home to their Big 10 mommy because those big ol' meany Texas and Oklahoma people aren't playing nice. You complain that Texas, and by extension OU, were jerking you around. But what were Texas and OU supposed to do? Bow down to the great arrogance that is Nebraska?

There is one area where your fans and alumni have no rivals: playing the high and mighty card. In some ways you're worse than Texas. It's like Switzer said in '86 wondering why NU were all full of themselves after having only scored two times in two years against OU.

And along that line, Perlman and Osbourne are LIARS. Not spin doctors, not politicos lobbying in the best interest of their stundents, fans, and alumni, but LIARS. That whole spiel about how "One team leaving a conference doesn't break it up, two teams leaving a conference doesn't break it up. Six teams leaving a conference breaks it up." They actually went with, "not our fault, we're only doing it because Texas and OU blah blah blah." That is a bold-faced LIE. NU was in talks with the Big 10 well before OU and Texas were approached by the Pac-10.

So now you get what you get. You've got two "L" courtesy of Texas teams. And no one wants to grant you a parting gift.

I don't care if NU destroys either OU or oSu in the Big XII Championship.

NU will be remembered for one thing:

WAH!

zeke
11/27/2010, 10:24 AM

:rolleyes:

soonervegas
11/27/2010, 10:25 AM
That's some high level leadership right there. From a Commissioner that did nothing proactive to keep NU/CU, has no plan to make the conference aggressive in the expansion game, and sold OU and UT how it would be best to stay in a weakened conference.....

Why am I not suprised.

Worst AQ commissioner by far.....

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 10:25 AM
As long as your crassless cud-chewing psychopath and his small penis syndrome lil' bro continue their sideline antics I'm sure NU will be battling the refs... rightfully.

Wow, thats right, I have never seen the Stoops' yelling at officials before :rolleyes: . Did you have your mouth on Carl's junk to know that, or is it just your insecurities shining through?

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 10:28 AM
That's some high level leadership right there. From a Commissioner that did nothing proactive to keep NU/CU, has no plan to make the conference aggressive in the expansion game, and sold OU and UT how it would be best to stay in a weakened conference.....

Why am I not suprised.

Worst AQ commissioner by far.....

BINGO. winner!!!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/27/2010, 10:29 AM
Man, Nebraska fans sure did learn a lot from Callahan.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 10:34 AM
And along that line, Perlman and Osbourne are LIARS. Not spin doctors, not politicos lobbying in the best interest of their stundents, fans, and alumni, but LIARS. That whole spiel about how "One team leaving a conference doesn't break it up, two teams leaving a conference doesn't break it up. Six teams leaving a conference breaks it up."

NU's hand was forced by the Texas Confrence commisioner, and NU called his bluff. Nebraska did what it should have done.

OUthunder
11/27/2010, 10:35 AM
NU fans are classless. It was easy to be a "great" fan after the Switzer era ended huh? Not so much now in the Stoops era. Funny **** from NU fans really. Pack your **** and get the **** out!

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 10:38 AM
Man, Nebraska fans sure did learn a lot from Callahan.

16-2 in penalties, 153 yards to 10........... nah, I'd guess you wouldn't complain much either. The officiating had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

bringit
11/27/2010, 10:39 AM
Bevo is branded on all their big red azzes and their feelings are definitely hurt.

OUthunder
11/27/2010, 10:42 AM
We should just rename NU as UT of the north. Boo ****ing hoo.

47straight
11/27/2010, 11:19 AM
Beebe is a bitch with his head up his ***.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/27/2010, 11:21 AM
16-2 in penalties, 153 yards to 10........... nah, I'd guess you wouldn't complain much either. The officiating had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

I was thinking more about fan behavior, but ok.

bigfatjerk
11/27/2010, 11:27 AM
I know Nebraska isn't going to be in the Big 12 anymore. But what the f@ck are these stupid officials doing? Will they act the same way in the future if we find out that OU is going to leave the conference in a couple years?

Sooner in Tampa
11/27/2010, 11:32 AM
Take your corn pipe and GTFO, we really don't give a **** what happens to what is quickly becoming a fanbase full of cry little bitches

Now move along...Oh, and enjoy the treatment you are about to receive from the Big 10 refs...I am sure the are SOOOOOOOOOO much better:rolleyes:

**** THE CHILDREN OF THE CORN

GimmeRed
11/27/2010, 11:50 AM
It really isn't a big deal either way and the fan behavior and whining has been embarrassing, but would it have been that hard to ask Ed Stewart former Nebraska linebacker and assistant Big XII commissioner to go to Lincoln and present the Huskers with the trophy?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 11:55 AM
Wow, thats right, I have never seen the Stoops' yelling at officials before :rolleyes: . Did you have your mouth on Carl's junk to know that, or is it just your insecurities shining through?

There's yelling at officials, and then there is the crap that Pellini does. And tossing around a videographer pretty much tells anyone with even layman's knowlege of the various psychosis that lead to bullying behavior what lil' bro Carl is all about. Talk about insecurities...

But you just go ahead and follow the lead of that bitter old man and keep lying, both to yourself and any Big 10 rube that will listen.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/27/2010, 12:18 PM
16-2 in penalties, 153 yards to 10........... nah, I'd guess you wouldn't complain much either. The officiating had a direct impact on the outcome of the game.You guys DID get screwed by the officials, AND your coach made a fool of himself.

soonerchk
11/27/2010, 12:21 PM

Then y'all best play harder than you did against the corps aggies or you're DOOMED!!!

PDXsooner
11/27/2010, 12:22 PM
Nebraska got screwed in College Station. No question.

But at the same time, Nebraska fans have been exposed over the last 10 years. Not so easy to be a "great fan" when your team sucks. The "classiness" that they got credit for disappeared right around 2002/2003.

bluedogok
11/27/2010, 12:38 PM
Beebe is a bitch with his head up his DeLoss Dodds ***.
FIFY.......

I still wish it was the old Big 8, all that happened when they added the SWC refugees was making making them relevant. When the SWC was the Texas only conference no one cared about them, all were mediocre programs at that point. I understand some of Nebraska's frustration with the shift of power in the conference and the feeling the refugees took over the asylum. The Whorns may have gone somewhere else eventually but I think joining up with the Big 8 gave them much more credibility than they had prior to them joining and has helped create the monster they have become. I don't think in any other major conference they would have been able to dictate the terms as much.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 12:58 PM
I was thinking more about fan behavior, but ok.

The fan behavior is what it is because of the officiating. As far as "threatening", whatever, I'd like to see it. If there was, I am sure it was from a select few who do not know any better. Every fan base has there "few" of violent fans.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 01:02 PM
AND your coach made a fool of himself.

agreed, and he did hone up to it as well and he apologized. He is a passionate coach, just like the stoops boys are. Bob was pretty damn vocal in his early years as well, lets not forget that.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 01:05 PM
Nebraska got screwed in College Station. No question.

But at the same time, Nebraska fans have been exposed over the last 10 years. Not so easy to be a "great fan" when your team sucks. The "classiness" that they got credit for disappeared right around 2002/2003.

Its more of the new generation fans that anything else. When Bill Callahan is your coach, I'd say its pretty easy to get pissed off.

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 01:20 PM
Ummmm.....

****OFF DIP**** ! ! !

MichiganSooner
11/27/2010, 01:23 PM

If the players COMMIT 16 penalties then 16 should be called. Why don't you blame your players? Reality, if the officials had not dropped those 16 flags on NU, the officiating would have had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. Cheaters are not allowed; hence, the 16 flags. Quit your whining and go to the Big 10.

Football Jim
11/27/2010, 01:41 PM
NU fans are among the most classless fans I know. Don't mess with their religion which is fuskerball.
I think they should have got their trophy after the game though.

sperry
11/27/2010, 01:53 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/review15.jpg

ouwasp
11/27/2010, 01:54 PM
Its more of the new generation fans that anything else. When Bill Callahan is your coach, I'd say its pretty easy to get pissed off.

Yeah, that idiot made me hate Nebraska for a few yrs...

soonerbub
11/27/2010, 01:54 PM
They can just pick it up next week since it's the only one they will get ;)

SoonerMom2
11/27/2010, 03:46 PM
Didn't see much class out of the NE fans that sat around us in 2000! That annoying woman who turned around and yelled with all the get-up on after the first two touchdowns slunk away in the 4th quarter. All we have heard since moving to Norman in Jan 97 is how classy NE fans are but have yet to witness that fact. Always rooted for OU versus NE even when growing up in Ohio.

soonerboomer93
11/27/2010, 03:55 PM
I suppose ignoring sexual assaults on Kyle field has its consequences.

if they didn't ignore them, 1/2 of the aggie fans would have to leave, including the yell leaders

soonerboomer93
11/27/2010, 03:58 PM
Beebe is a bitch with his head up his ***.

He's got a lot in common with the huskers in that case

85sooners
11/27/2010, 05:42 PM
:pop:

jkjsooner
11/27/2010, 05:56 PM
I think we've learned two things.

1. Big 12 officials suck - but not nearly as bad as PAC 10 officials.
2. NU fans can be as classless as any.

Clever Trevor
11/27/2010, 05:59 PM
Beebe can suck it for all I care. Frigging hand maiden to DeLoss Dodds.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 08:11 PM
If the players COMMIT 16 penalties then 16 should be called. Why don't you blame your players? Reality, if the officials had not dropped those 16 flags on NU, the officiating would have had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. Cheaters are not allowed; hence, the 16 flags. Quit your whining and go to the Big 10.

Obviously, you did not watch the game, so chill when you have no idea what you are talking about, it just makes you look sillier than you already are. I am usually never one to blame something on officials, but this game was OU/Oregon or OU/Tech a few years back, this game was a jobbing, pure and simple!

BaronVonAggie
11/27/2010, 08:38 PM
Obviously, you did not watch the game, so chill when you have no idea what you are talking about, it just makes you look sillier than you already are. I am usually never one to blame something on officials, but this game was OU/Oregon or OU/Tech a few years back, this game was a jobbing, pure and simple!

You have a dirty team the stats bear it out this year. Guess what dirty teams do when they're getting outplayed they get even dirtier and get more flags. Stop whining your team broke in the 4th quarter and we win roughing the QB flag or not.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 08:49 PM
You have a dirty team the stats bear it out this year. Guess what dirty teams do when they're getting outplayed they get even dirtier and get more flags. Stop whining your team broke in the 4th quarter and we win roughing the QB flag or not.NU NEVER "broke" and it certainly was not outplayed.

bigfatjerk
11/27/2010, 09:02 PM
Nebraska had a hard time moving the ball against a good defense without Martinez. If Martinez is 100% that offense is tough to stop. If he's less than that the offense is average at best. They don't really have receivers, they have decent running backs but he adds a dimension to that team that makes the offense so much better.

47straight
11/28/2010, 01:45 AM
You have a dirty team the stats bear it out this year. Guess what dirty teams do when they're getting outplayed they get even dirtier and get more flags. Stop whining your team broke in the 4th quarter and we win roughing the QB flag or not.

Why did your fans run on the sacred turf?