PDA

View Full Version : WAR EAGLE!

Okla-homey
11/26/2010, 07:47 PM
heh.

Dear bammer. It's karma. The Bear is dead. And all his cheatin' has come back to haunt you. Just sayin'

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 07:53 PM
heh.

Dear bammer. It's karma. The Bear is dead. And all his cheatin' has come back to haunt you. Just sayin'

Ironic.

Okla-homey
11/26/2010, 08:09 PM
You let a team, any team, come back from a 3 TD deficit beat you. At home. That may well be the gayest thing that happened in college football in 2010.

I would be ashamed. Very ashamed.

soonerbub
11/26/2010, 08:17 PM
"How much you got?"

--Cecil Newton

oulucas
11/26/2010, 08:17 PM
Ironic.

No kidding. Not an Alabama fan, but enjoy it now before it is vacated. Won't be long.

Okla-homey
11/26/2010, 08:26 PM
No kidding. Not an Alabama fan, but enjoy it now before it is vacated. Won't be long.

The kid is not responsible for his daddy.

It's all good. Notwithstanding haterz assertions he was complicit.

enjoy your bull****e "bowl" bammer. You deserve it. punks.

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 08:29 PM
Auburn is the Oklahoma State of Alabama. But I hate both teams from that state.

soonerbub
"How much did you get daddy?"

--Cameron Newton

rekamrettuB

So you're saying NCAA should allow parents to solicit money for their kids' services?

oulucas

I'm not an expert, but the way I understand it if Daddy even asked for money Cam is complicit and will be declared ineligible. Again, I'm not an expert, just what I've come to understand.

Edit to say: All that said, Newton was outstanding today and is an incredible athlete.

Okla-homey
11/26/2010, 08:35 PM
I'm not an expert, but the way I understand it if Daddy even asked for money Cam is complicit and will be declared ineligible. Again, I'm not an expert, just what I've come to understand.

Edit to say: All that said, Newton was outstanding today and is an incredible athlete.

if his daddy asked for money, and that's a big "if," that has nothing to do with the kid himself. NCAA may be big, but it can't suspend the rule of law as to the actions of two distinct adult humans. book it. and there isn't even a sliver of evidence AU paid anyone nickel for Cam, despite bammer's hoping and claiming that is so.

soonerbub
11/26/2010, 08:36 PM
Edit to say: All that said, Newton was average today and is dumber than a box-a-rox

FIFY :cool:

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 08:36 PM
if his daddy asked for money, and that's a big "if," that has nothing to do with the kid himself. NCAA may be big, but it can't suspend the rule of law as to the actions of two distinct adult humans. book it. and there isn't even a sliver of evidence AU paid anyone nickel for Cam, despite bammer's hoping and claiming that is so.

If it means that Cam went to Auburn instead of Mississippi State (like he wanted to), then it has everything to do with the kid himself.

Okla-homey
11/26/2010, 08:37 PM
Auburn is the Oklahoma State of Alabama. But I hate both teams from that state.

AU is has more undegrads than bammer. Unlike the pokeys.

rekamrettuB
11/26/2010, 08:39 PM

Pretty sure I saw where Cecil admitted asking for money. And again, as I asked above, you are saying that parents should be able to solicit and get paid for their child’s services.

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 08:40 PM
AU is has more undegrads than bammer. Unlike the pokeys.

I'm talking about the football programs and fan behavior. It's eerily similar.

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2010, 09:52 PM
heh.

You realize that TSDTR has been on probation more than Alabama, right? As mentioned, enjoy it while it stands. Cam Newton cheated to get a cheap laptop, he cheated to turn in someone else's work, and he at least tried to cheat to make money for something he couldn't make money doing.

That being said, giving up a three TD lead is kind of lame. You'd think with being all awesome and stuff, Auburn wouldn't have trailed by that much to begin with. I'm sure Jay Jacobs was scrambling to make sure he saved his receipt after the first quarter.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2010, 11:48 PM
Auburn is the Oklahoma State of Alabama. But I hate both teams from that state.Since neither of those teams is OU, I wholeheartedly concur.

AlboSooner
11/27/2010, 12:02 AM
what's the story with auburn having two totems, the tiger and eagle?

prrriiide
11/27/2010, 12:14 AM
NCAA may be big, but it can't suspend the rule of law as to the actions of two distinct adult humans.

Oh yes they can.

The NCAA is a "VOLUNTARY" organization. It is not a law enforcement organization, nor is it a governmental organization; both of which are required to follow the rule of law. It is a private organization and as such is free to make their own rules and mete out their own punishments. The institutions that compete under the banner of the NCAA agree to abide by their processes and rules, as do the athletes. By competing at an institution sanctioned by, and a member of, the NCAA, Cam Newton agrees that the NCAA's rules, procedures, by-laws, and processes hold sway - rule of law notwithstanding. If the NCAA says that the sins of the father will be visited upon the son a thousand times over, then they will. And by agreeing to play under the NCAA's rules, Cam Newton is at their mercy.

slh1234
11/27/2010, 12:17 AM
Oh yes they can.

The NCAA is a "VOLUNTARY" organization. It is not a law enforcement organization, nor is it a governmental organization; both of which are required to follow the rule of law. It is a private organization and as such is free to make their own rules and mete out their own punishments. The institutions that compete under the banner of the NCAA agree to abide by their processes and rules, as do the athletes. By competing at an institution sanctioned by, and a member of, the NCAA, Cam Newton agrees that the NCAA's rules, procedures, by-laws, and processes hold sway - rule of law notwithstanding. If the NCAA says that the sins of the father will be visited upon the son a thousand times over, then they will. And by agreeing to play under the NCAA's rules, Cam Newton is at their mercy.

I feel like I should say "I object" just to stay in the spirit of things. :)

Seriously, that's the way I understand it from organizational bylaws of other organizations, but I'm no legal expert.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 12:49 AM
Don't agree with you on this one, Keith.

I have enjoyed my personal encounters with Bama students and fans both during my time at Vandy and as an OU fan. And if we're going to point the finger at Bear we would do well to remember the facts regarding our own history... golden handshakes and such.

Just from personal experience, the Auburn fanbase deserve a lot of the aggy derision that comes their way, though they may be somewhat less insufferable than our own orange-clad uncouth cretins.

IMO they have a bad habit of not acting like they've been there before, if you know what I mean. And, again just my opinion, that's a whole bunch of smoke surrounding them right now for there not to be a fire.

Tigeman
11/27/2010, 07:46 AM
heh.

Take that $hit to an Auburn board. Or better yet head over to orangepower or texags with an aggie post like that. They enjoy an aggie post like that. Auburn is the SEC aggie. Keep in mind you'll find alot of bama fans within the Sooner nation as our 2 programs are almost twins.
That being said just remember auburn is tied 4 the most penalized team in ncaa history. When this smoke clears they will stand alone as a clear #1 in that regard

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 12:22 PM
Bama isn't the Team they were last year and Auburn isn't the Team they thought they were or they'd be undefeated.

Should be a good game to watch around the 4th qtr. I'll dvr it just in case there is something laughable to watch.

11/27/2010, 12:30 PM
what's the story with auburn having three totems, the tiger, plainsmen and eagle?fixed. Allburn fans don't want to talk about it.

Doged
11/27/2010, 12:33 PM
I don't know about the current accusations, but regardless, Auburn just sucks as a program as far as I'm concerned.

mdklatt
11/27/2010, 12:39 PM

Whose fault is it that he cheated at Florida? :pop:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/10auburn.html

Sabanball
11/27/2010, 12:52 PM
Hmmm..... not speaking to the media after the biggest game of his life? Your silence speaks volumes, Cam.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158002&PT=4&PR=2

VA Sooner
11/27/2010, 01:22 PM
Ugly situation for Cam and Cecil. FBI involved and some damaging voice mails, texts and phone calls. Strong possibility of vacated wins.

Chizik... not sure what to think of him.

11/27/2010, 01:37 PM
Chizik... not sure what to think of him.Piece of cake. He's the former, and now the new coach-in-waiting at the UTWhorns.

Frozen Sooner
11/27/2010, 02:39 PM
Bama isn't the Team they were last year and Auburn isn't the Team they thought they were or they'd be undefeated.

Should be a good game to watch around the 4th qtr. I'll dvr it just in case there is something laughable to watch.

Auburn is undefeated...

soonerboomer93
11/27/2010, 03:53 PM
Don't agree with you on this one, Keith.

I have enjoyed my personal encounters with Bama students and fans both during my time at Vandy and as an OU fan. And if we're going to point the finger at Bear we would do well to remember the facts regarding our own history... golden handshakes and such.

Just from personal experience, the Auburn fanbase deserve a lot of the aggy derision that comes their way, though they may be somewhat less insufferable than our own orange-clad uncouth cretins.

IMO they have a bad habit of not acting like they've been there before, if you know what I mean. And, again just my opinion, that's a whole bunch of smoke surrounding them right now for there not to be a fire.

Homey's daughter is a bama aggie. So even though he knows the reality, he suspends belief in support of his daughters school.