PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday for Thanksgiving...

MR2-Sooner86
11/26/2010, 12:55 PM
I was with hundreds of people who had gathered to witness what had been described as perhaps the greatest turkey event in Thanksgiving Day history. All we knew for sure is that in a very few moments, there was going to be a lot of happy people out there.

Now the crowd was...the crowd was...the crowd was curious, but well-behaved. Oh! I thought I heard something. Uh, the crowd was moving out into the parking area, and...oh yes, I saw it. It was a...it was a helicopter, and it was coming this way.

It was flying something behind it...I couldn't quite make it out. It was a large banner and it said, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From... W.... ... K... ... R... ... P!!

What a sight, ladies and gentlemen, what a sight! The copter seemed to be circling the parking lot, perhaps looking for a place to land...no, something just came out of the back of the helicopter! it's a...a dark object, uh...perhaps a skydiver, plummeting to the earth from only 2000 feet in the air...and a second, and a third! ...No parachutes yet.

Those couldn't be skydivers... I couldn't tell just yet what they are, but—OH MY GOD, THEY'RE TURKEYS!!! Oh, they were crashing to the earth right in front of our eyes! One went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, this is terrible. The mob was running around pushing each other...oh my goodness. Oh, the humanity! People were running about...the turkeys were hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Folks...I did't know how much longer they were...the crowd was running for their lives. I think I was going to step inside...I couldn't stay out there and watch that any longer...no, I couldn't go in there. Children were searching for their mothers, and...oh, not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this! I don't know how much longer I can hold my position here. The crowd...

I don't know. A man and his two children tried to kill me. After the turkeys hit the pavement, the crowd kind of scattered, but some of them tried to attack me! I had to jam myself into a phone booth! Then the helicopter landed in the middle of the parking lot. I guess thinking they could save the day by turning the rest of the turkeys loose...it gets pretty strange after that.

I really don't know how to describe it. It was...like the turkeys mounted a counterattack! It was almost as if they were ...organized!!

StoopTroup
11/26/2010, 12:58 PM
HB.