PDA

View Full Version : Gimmick Uniforms

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 11:44 AM
LOL@oSu

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110089

Real football teams have a home uniform and an away uniform. Nothing else is necessary.

fadada1
11/26/2010, 11:46 AM
funny how new uniforms are filled with the same sh*tty players. if this is what it takes to motivate a team to play better, you've already lost.

SoonerBacker
11/26/2010, 11:56 AM
"As long as we win I don't care. We can wear rainbow jerseys for all I care. Just win..."

My favorite post from that thread...Hope they got the Rainbows going!

usaosooner
11/26/2010, 12:03 PM
when you don't have tradition you do this crude...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/26/2010, 12:07 PM
This is a sign of a program that is worthless. Real programs stick with two uniforms and nothing else. You don't see OU, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, or Nebraska screwing around with other uniforms all the time. They are classic and timeless and occasionally will wear a throwback, but yeah, when I see stuff like this, I think of programs like OSU, Oregon, Boise State, etc. Lame.

SoonerLB
11/26/2010, 12:13 PM
They're just hoping to wear something that will hide the blood stains and absorb the tears of defeat. ;)

Chiliman
11/26/2010, 12:35 PM
What do OU, Nebraska, texass, U$?C, Bama, Penn State, Ohio St and Michigan have in common? Those teams will never mix and match. Thank goodness.

I hope the pukes wear all Halloween orange.

Scott D
11/26/2010, 01:16 PM
What do OU, Nebraska, texass, U$?C, Bama, Penn State, Ohio St and Michigan have in common? Those teams will never mix and match. Thank goodness.

I hope the pukes wear all Halloween orange.

I'd withhold that until you see the Ohio St. uniform tomorrow.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 01:23 PM

Ohio State = Acorn Aggies

They're high-performing aggies, but aggies nonetheless. Call them aggie-savants.

John Kochtoston
11/26/2010, 02:39 PM
The washing machine at the DOT must be broken, forcing the Agpies to wear something other than road-crew orange.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 03:32 PM
The washing machine at the DOC must be broken

Fixed.

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 03:38 PM
I read a rumor from an OSU fan that Nike is going to shell out the dough for the Cowboys next year and Oregon up their uniforms, including adding silver.

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 03:40 PM

Technically that will be a throwback. Well, a "faux"-back.

Oregon State's Pro Combat uniforms are actually pretty awesome. They'll break those out against Oregon next week. And I'm sure Oregon will have something special up their sleeves.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 03:42 PM
I read a rumor from an OSU fan that Nike is going to shell out the dough for the Cowboys next year and Oregon up their uniforms, including adding silver.

There are so many things wrong with this that I don't know where to begin.

Scott D
11/26/2010, 10:28 PM
Technically that will be a throwback. Well, a "faux"-back.

Oregon State's Pro Combat uniforms are actually pretty awesome. They'll break those out against Oregon next week. And I'm sure Oregon will have something special up their sleeves.

last year was a throwback. I've heard they never once had red helmets which is what they will be sporting tomorrow.

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 10:33 PM
last year was a throwback. I've heard they never once had red helmets which is what they will be sporting tomorrow.

True, they've never had completely red helmets. I guess they're more of a tribute to the 1942 Buckeyes than a throwback.

swardboy
11/26/2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by OSU Cowboy 007
With non regular uniforms we are unbeaten in last few years...

This comment caused me to spew forth.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/26/2010, 11:32 PM
I dunno... I think they've got something going here.

Maybe it would give us a shot in the arm if we broke something special out for the game.

What if we went cream on cream, tops AND bottoms? Maybe with fat crimson pinstripes down the pants?

I think that would look bada**!!! Whatdyathink?

silverwheels
11/26/2010, 11:37 PM
I think that would be lame.

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 01:10 AM
LOL@oSu

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=110089

Real football teams have a home uniform and an away uniform. Nothing else is necessary.

Apparently none of you morons can remember all the way back to last year when you got your a$$es whipped in your "one-time" game look at Texas Tech.

Unless you are admitting that uO is not a "real football team"

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091117_92_B1_OUplay312540

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 01:13 AM
Apparently none of you morons can remember all the way back to last year when you got your a$$es whipped in your "one-time" game look at Texas Tech.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20091117_92_B1_OUplay312540

Those were throwbacks (well, throwbacks painted onto the Pro Combat uniform template) to our 50s uniforms (a decade we dominated, among others), of which you are obviously completely ignorant. Try learning a little history, moron.

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 01:17 AM
Those were throwbacks (well, throwbacks painted onto the Pro Combat uniform template) to our 50s uniforms (a decade we dominated, among others), of which you are obviously completely ignorant. Try learning a little history, moron.

Also missing is the traditional "Sooners" across the front of the jersey

Therefore, NOT throwbacks. I can explain this to you if you'd like, but it might be a little complicated for you.

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 01:20 AM
Also missing is the traditional "Sooners" across the front of the jersey

Therefore, NOT throwbacks. I can explain this to you if you'd like, but it might be a little complicated for you.

We haven't always had "Sooners" on the front of our jerseys. The uniforms in the 50s sure as hell didn't. Look it up. Wait, that might be a little complicated for you. Idiot.

picasso
11/27/2010, 01:57 AM

That was a throwback dip****. We did it in our opener back in '03 also.

We don't mix and match like you wannabe Pokes do. You even change the logo on your helmet when some dork in the athletic department gets a wild hair.

Knobs.

picasso
11/27/2010, 01:58 AM
We haven't always had "Sooners" on the front of our jerseys. The uniforms in the 50s sure as hell didn't. Look it up. Wait, that might be a little complicated for you. Idiot.

This!

It must suck to be stupid.

SoonerStud615
11/27/2010, 02:25 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5607/37924103877f95f28459.jpg

2003 Uniforms

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/m-footbl/archive/all-americans/billy-vessels-1952.jpg

1952 Uniforms

http://soonergameday.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/20091113_combat_uniform3.jpg

2009 Uniforms

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/okla/graphics/m-footbl/archive/national-champs-1956-hdr.jpg

1956 Uniforms

It's called heritage. Get some. YWIA.

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 02:39 AM
That was a throwback dip****. We did it in our opener back in '03 also.

We don't mix and match like you wannabe Pokes do. You even change the logo on your helmet when some dork in the athletic department gets a wild hair.

Knobs.

Forgive me if I quote you from last November Silver

They're not true throwbacks but they are inspired by the same uniforms that inspired our 2003 throwback uniforms (a.k.a. the 1955 Natioal Champions). The white helmet is fine the way it is. I think it's awesome.
So is it a throwback or not? I'll agree they are a simpler style like the 50's, but they are not a throwback.

Or were the gloves part of the 50's uni? Wow, they were visionaries!

Joe
11/27/2010, 02:41 AM
Hahaha ****ing ****bird.

The gloves help give the illusion that it's not on a ****ing mannequin, cum guzzler.

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 02:47 AM
It's called heritage. Get some. YWIA.

Thanks for proving my point. The 03 was a throwback (and I'll admit a pretty sweet one at that), but the 09 was most definitely not.

But the more important point is this: It doesn't matter what uni's we (or you) wear this weekend. We'll win the game, and tomorrow night you all will be back on this site crying for new coordinators.

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 02:48 AM
Hahaha ****ing ****bird.

The gloves help give the illusion that it's not on a ****ing mannequin, cum guzzler.

Thank you, I was hoping a typical uO fan would show up.

47straight
11/27/2010, 02:52 AM
Thank you, I was hoping a typical uO fan would show up.

If I give you $5 on paypal, will you go away?

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 02:55 AM
If I give you $5 on paypal, will you go away?

No, I'll never take a man's last dollar.

sooner59
11/27/2010, 02:56 AM
If you don't feed it, it will go beg elsewhere.

SOONER44EVER
11/27/2010, 02:57 AM
Its ok guys. We'll never see him again after the first OU td Saturday night.

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 02:59 AM
Forgive me if I quote you from last November Silver

So is it a throwback or not? I'll agree they are a simpler style like the 50's, but they are not a throwback.

Or were the gloves part of the 50's uni? Wow, they were visionaries!

They're as close to real throwbacks as Nike could have gotten with that uniform template. Again, this is not rocket science. Not for me, anyway, but you...

But the more important point is this: It doesn't matter what uni's we (or you) wear this weekend. We'll win the game, and tomorrow night you all will be back on this site crying for new coordinators.

And when you don't win, you'll disappear like all of the rest of your orange brethren until Thanksgiving week 2011 and act like OSU is the greatest team in the world and doesn't need to win 66 straight just to tie the series with OU. Or you'll pop up when someone else beats OU and act like OSU did it. Now go back to your cave you mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging troglodyte. And please neuter yourself with a rusty scalpel so we don't have to worry about you polluting the gene pool.

47straight
11/27/2010, 03:13 AM
No, I'll never take a man's last dollar.

$6?

Just A Visitor Here
11/27/2010, 03:14 AM
They're as close to real throwbacks as Nike could have gotten with that uniform template. Again, this is not rocket science. Not for me, anyway, but you...

And when you don't win, you'll disappear like all of the rest of your orange brethren until Thanksgiving week 2011 and act like OSU is the greatest team in the world and doesn't need to win 66 straight just to tie the series with OU. Or you'll pop up when someone else beats OU and act like OSU did it. Now go back to your cave you mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging troglodyte. And please neuter yourself with a rusty scalpel so we don't have to worry about you polluting the gene pool.

Well at least I riled up someone who can speak English. What are the odds on this board?

See you all tomorrow night.

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 03:22 AM
Well at least I riled up someone who can speak English. What are the odds on this board?

Considerably higher than on any board plastered with that prison jumpsuit orange you favor so much.

olevetonahill
11/27/2010, 03:37 AM

The only way you will be back tomorrow night is if Yall win, that aint gonna happen. So have a nice weekend with yer sheep to console you

sendbaht
11/27/2010, 06:12 AM
like getting a new outfit, makes my girlfriend feel soft and warm inside. All girly like.

Oh look at us in our new orange outfits, don't we look smart.

Little fags play some football for God sakes

VA Sooner
11/27/2010, 08:52 AM
All OSU unis look bad with blood all over them.

SOFSooner
11/27/2010, 09:42 AM
You might want to take the ohio state off that list, I think that they did something with their uniforms this week.

Lott's Bandana
11/27/2010, 09:43 AM
Nike Troll Combat Uniforms....must have had a sale.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 12:08 PM
I dunno... I think they've got something going here.

Maybe it would give us a shot in the arm if we broke something special out for the game.

What if we went cream on cream, tops AND bottoms? Maybe with fat crimson pinstripes down the pants?

I think that would look bada**!!! Whatdyathink?

I would like to point to a few select morons (not you silverwheels) that what I wrote above IS our current road uniform. Cream IS a very bright white, which we wear for our jersey and pants, and the pants DO have a fat crimson pinstripe down the pant leg. Seriously, are you so thick that someone has to explain it to you? Apparently so!

You'd think I'd suggested we wear highlighter pink with purple accents. (Wait, that might not be such a bad idea... let's talk about that. :P)

HBick
11/27/2010, 12:13 PM
Hmm like in 04? We wore those throwback pinstriped unis. Those were great, I wish they'd bring em back. Helmets were cream with a fat crimson stripe.

jumperstop
11/27/2010, 12:18 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5607/37924103877f95f28459.jpg

2003 .

I love these uniforms. I'm ok with a throwback every few years, but I think it's silly when a team has more than three uniforms combinations in a season.

HBick
11/27/2010, 12:25 PM
I love these uniforms. I'm ok with a throwback every few years, but I think it's silly when a team has more than three uniforms combinations in a season.

That's it exactly. Thanks

mdklatt
11/27/2010, 12:28 PM

That was a contractually obligated Nike advertising stunt. We don't break out "special" uniforms every year for big games. We don't have all crimson uniforms. Or all black uniforms. If your players or fans need uniforms to motivate them, holy **** that is lame.

Did you go the uK game this year? For awhile, I thought uC had a chance yesterday.

Idiot. :rolleyes:

SoonerBacker
11/27/2010, 12:29 PM
I would like to point to a few select morons (not you silverwheels) that what I wrote above IS our current road uniform. Cream IS a very bright white, which we wear for our jersey and pants, and the pants DO have a fat crimson pinstripe down the pant leg. Seriously, are you so thick that someone has to explain it to you? Apparently so!

You'd think I'd suggested we wear highlighter pink with purple accents. (Wait, that might not be such a bad idea... let's talk about that. :P)

Amazing how no one seemed to catch on to that point...:rolleyes:

SoonerMom2
11/27/2010, 01:08 PM
The OSU has horrible looking uniforms on today including helmets. Doesn't look like Ohio State at all. Wrong shade of gray for the pants as well.

Think it is hilarious that Ohio State made 'The' part of their name -- guess they got tired of Okie State and Oregon State trying to be OSU.

Nike gets on my last nerve with all of these uniform changes they keep pushing.

GottaHavePride
11/27/2010, 01:17 PM
It pains me to say that, though we all loved the time we had with Just A Visitor Here here, he just managed to let the door hit him in the *** on the way out.

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 01:18 PM

The way you described the uniform made it sound like Indiana's basketball warm-ups. And cream isn't bright white. Cream is a more natural white color, and not as bright as what we wear (see the men's basketball faux-backs).

MichiganSooner
11/27/2010, 01:28 PM
This is a sign of a program that is worthless. Real programs stick with two uniforms and nothing else. You don't see OU, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, or Nebraska screwing around with other uniforms all the time. They are classic and timeless and occasionally will wear a throwback, but yeah, when I see stuff like this, I think of programs like OSU, Oregon, Boise State, etc. Lame.

Actually, Ohio State is playing in some uniforms from the 1940's in their game today. Except the helmets have a faceguard.

47straight
11/27/2010, 01:44 PM

No you won't. You got banned, you little bitch aggie.

picasso
11/27/2010, 01:50 PM
I've been on this board since 2000 and there's only been a small handful of Pokes who have ever posted here. It seems they've had enough sense to know that it's just plain silly to try to smack talk with us. Even after '01 and '02.

What's different this season? Is it because they've sniffed some actual success?
They can't act like they've been there because they haven't.
And the truth is they probably shant return. They're still looking up at programs like k-state right now.

Congrats Pokes on a fine season but as Pat Jones says, we've (OU) been doing this since the 40's.

Learn a little tact.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 02:03 PM
The way you described the uniform made it sound like Indiana's basketball warm-ups. And cream isn't bright white. Cream is a more natural white color, and not as bright as what we wear (see the men's basketball faux-backs).

Wrong. Cream is a very bright white. Go to the grocery store. Buy some heavy whipping cream. Pour it in a glass and get back to me. (If it has even a slightly yellow tinge don't use it, it's spoiled.)

Or, just look up the color "cream" on teh innerwebs.

(Ya see, some people think off-white is cream. It isn't, it's off-white. That's why they call it off-white, not cream. Durrrrr.) :D

SoonerBacker
11/27/2010, 02:09 PM
Cream is the colour of the cream produced by cattle grazing on natural pasture with plants rich in yellow carotenoid pigments, some of which are incorporated into the cream, to give a slight yellow tone to the white.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_(colour)

silverwheels
11/27/2010, 02:09 PM
Wrong. Cream is a very bright white. Go to the grocery store. Buy some heavy whipping cream. Pour it in a glass and get back to me. (If it has even a slightly yellow tinge don't use it, it's spoiled.)

Or, just look up the color "cream" on teh innerwebs.

(Ya see, some people think off-white is cream. It isn't, it's off-white. That's why they call it off-white, not cream. Durrrrr.) :D

Wrong. I cook for a living. I know what heavy whipping cream looks like. But the color you see called "cream" is different. Bright white is pure white. Cream is not pure white. Therefore, cream is not bright white.

derp derp derp

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/27/2010, 02:13 PM
Actually, Ohio State is playing in some uniforms from the 1940's in their game today. Except the helmets have a faceguard.

But they don't do it all the time. Look at all the the uni changes OSU has had. There was the futuristic font one year, the black ones, all orange, all black, orang with white, etc. Ohio State generally has two looks with the occasional throwbacks that Nike has them wear, like today, but it isn't every year. Same with OU and others. Those teams lack identity, something we don't have to worry about. I think the last major change was on the road unis when we went from "OKLAHOMA" to "SOONERS" on the front after 1999, is that right?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/27/2010, 02:16 PM

I totally misread that. I was thinking you were going crimson on crimson. I am dumb. Haha. I am not a big fan of monochrome colors though. I like how Nebraska has red tops/white pants and white tops/red pants, but it is such a traditional look for us, white on white is what it is going to be.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/27/2010, 02:28 PM
Wrong. I cook for a living. I know what heavy whipping cream looks like. But the color you see called "cream" is different. Bright white is pure white. Cream is not pure white. Therefore, cream is not bright white.

derp derp derp

SHADDUP! YUR MAKIN' MAH HEAD HURT! :P

StoopTroup
11/27/2010, 02:51 PM
If aggie calls us Land Theives.....doesn't that make them our gardener?

mdklatt
11/27/2010, 04:57 PM

They prefer the term landscape contractor (http://casnr.okstate.edu/prospective-students/academics/majors/landscape-contracting).

MyT Oklahoma
11/27/2010, 05:00 PM

It's too late.. they are on a roll.