PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for texa$$

PLaw
11/26/2010, 09:25 AM
After losing yet another home game, one has to ponder the impact to the texass 2011 recruiting class. You have to figure more than a couple were on the sidelines last night. I wonder how many of those 5-star, blue-chips are seriously thinking about their future.

Who knows what Mack will do - certainly there will be some changes, it's Mack's pattern. A couple of position coaches and possibly a coordinator must go. I just don't see Mack standing pat.

:pop:

BOOMER

AggieGirl2005
11/26/2010, 09:44 AM
I don't think they'll lose many 2011, although Cedric Reed was spotted at the A&M/NU game even though he committed to Texas already.

2012 is a different story.

Landthief 1972
11/26/2010, 09:59 AM
I think Mack is going to say to Greggie, "Okay, obviously, Gilbert Grape can't do the zone read playbook. Can you run any other kind of offense?" If the answer is no, maybe Davis is gone.

Soonerus
11/26/2010, 10:08 AM
Who cares if they turn out like those dogs...

BoomerJack
11/26/2010, 12:00 PM
After losing yet another home game, one has to ponder the impact to the texass 2011 recruiting class. You have to figure more than a couple were on the sidelines last night. I wonder how many of those 5-star, blue-chips are seriously thinking about their future.

Who knows what Mack will do - certainly there will be some changes, it's Mack's pattern. A couple of position coaches and possibly a coordinator must go. I just don't see Mack standing pat.

:pop:

BOOMER

I recall several years ago when Switzer had one of his few down years, he said that recruiting kind of picked up afterwards. He felt that more high school studs believed they could come in and begin playing right away rather than have to redshirt or be a reserve for 2-3 years.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 12:15 PM
Nine months of crying. :texan:

JLEW1818
11/26/2010, 12:18 PM
Just shows that the 5 stars don't always work out :D

I've said a Right Handed Chris Simms since day 1!!!!

usaosooner
11/26/2010, 12:25 PM
2011 recruits will largely remain for Texas.. BUT a ton of 2012 recruits passed on visiting yesterday per Gerry Hamiliton @ 247...

what's next? They don't touch a football till spring thats what is next... HA

JLEW1818
11/26/2010, 12:26 PM
they will be very well rested

BoomerJack
11/26/2010, 12:28 PM
they will be very well rested

And they will probably lift weights and watch film. Film from their 2009 season though. And maybe a few Woody Allen flicks.

PLaw
11/26/2010, 01:55 PM
I recall several years ago when Switzer had one of his few down years, he said that recruiting kind of picked up afterwards. He felt that more high school studs believed they could come in and begin playing right away rather than have to redshirt or be a reserve for 2-3 years.

Normally, I would agree, but Mack has bragged on the current frosh class and many of those played this year.

I hope the horns enjoy their time off - it will be a nice winter break.

Boomer

Collier11
11/26/2010, 01:57 PM
Im not saying Gilbert will ever be great or even good but it doesnt help that basically NONE of the highly ranked WRs and RBs that ut has have turned out to be worth a damn

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2010, 02:07 PM
I think the crappy season will make Mack promise more to the recruits, with the inevitable results.

The NCAA should ban the practice of promising anything to recruits in terms of playing time. With the exception of Mack, the promises mean nothing.

slh1234
11/26/2010, 05:27 PM

I've thought about this as a possibility as well. When coaches are in a program where they have proven they can win consistently, then I think players have some faith they can help them get back to winning ways.