PDA

View Full Version : Was It That Bad?

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2010, 02:04 AM
Horn fans are acting like they were blown out, that UT totally gave up, and that GG sucked all over the place.

I didn't see the game, but the stats aren't all that terrible. Was it that bad?

Harry Beanbag
11/26/2010, 02:10 AM
No. It was beautiful.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/26/2010, 02:12 AM
statistically, the game was fairly even. however, Gilbert is bad. made some really stupid mistakes. The UT O-line was mediocre at best, and cyrus gray ran all over the "all world" texas D. i thought they had a chance to come back and tie it, but throwing an interception with 2 mins left was the back breaker.

they weren't blown out, but when your fan base has a hard time remembering when the last time they won a game at home, i guess the whole season feels like a blow out.

Sooner_Tuf
11/26/2010, 02:22 AM
What does Garrett Gilbert end the season with? Nine or ten TDs and seventeen INTs?

There will be a lot of crossed fingers in Austin this next few weeks waiting on an envelope from New York.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/26/2010, 02:22 AM
it was one of those games where texas was only down by 7 but it felt like they were down by 30.

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2010, 03:00 AM
What does Garrett Gilbert end the season with? Nine or ten TDs and seventeen INTs?

There will be a lot of crossed fingers in Austin this next few weeks waiting on an envelope from New York.

According to a Shaggy poster, UT hasn't played a game yet where GG threw more TDs than INTs.

If true, wow.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2010, 03:04 AM
According to a Shaggy poster, UT hasn't played a game yet where GG threw more TDs than INTs.

If true, wow.GG sorta reminds me of a right-handed Chrissy Sims.

sooner59
11/26/2010, 03:05 AM
I heart GG. :D

Okie35
11/26/2010, 03:38 AM
it was one of those games where texas was only down by 7 but it felt like they were down by 30.

Yea. As bad as * played it was unbelievable how close the game was.

budbarrybob
11/26/2010, 04:07 AM
Was eerily similar in outcome to OUr game with them.

texaspokieokie
11/26/2010, 08:12 AM
shows that aggies aren't that good either.

thesnowbishop
11/26/2010, 08:29 AM
Texas is just a dumbass football team this year. Penalties, turnovers, and busts seem to occur at the most inopportune times for them, and now they won't get an extra 14 or so practices to be better next year. What a thing to behold.

swardboy
11/26/2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah, those 5 stars really shine bright, deep in the heart of Texas...

Sooner70
11/26/2010, 08:45 AM
There's longtime Longhorn ticket holder type fans down here that agree wtih Snowbishop. Not a very smart crew.

Anyway, some of the blame has to fall on Muschamp. Gray's two long runs killed Texas. Texas actually had the ball the equivalent of half a quarter more that aTm, but couldn't do anything with it. Yes, Gilbert threw 2 int's, but one was deflected. Can't do much about that.

At least last year, Stoops had an excuse (with Bradford, Gresham & a host of others out due to injiury) for the 5 loss season, although he'd never use it. This Texas team really doesn't have much of an excuse. The appear to lack leadership and appear to miss the likes of McCoy, Shipley far beyond what one would've thought. They're really a haphazard lot.

For all the negatives about UT, the aTm faithful & local Houston papers are extolling the virtues of Sherman, which is kinda interesting, because when they'd lost 3 games early in the season, they were ready to lynch him as it looked like the same old aTm.

1890MilesToNorman
11/26/2010, 09:10 AM
5-7, Tejas had a great season!!

AlboSooner
11/26/2010, 09:22 AM
I've never seen so many tipped balls at the line when the QB is 6'4". This tells me his throwing mechanics are terrible.

DCsooner22
11/26/2010, 09:33 AM
What's amazing is that A&M tried to give the game away. Honestly, *'s best play last night was to punt. I think I remember three botched punt returns...?? It got to the point where every time * punted, I would cringe and hold my breath waiting for the Aggs to screw it up.

AggieGirl2005
11/26/2010, 09:39 AM
shows that aggies aren't that good either.

We're also coming off a gauntlet of OU, Baylor at Waco, then NU, which was only five days ago. I was worried if they could get themselves together emotionally and physically, especially for an away rivalry game. It was definitely the worst we've played since Tannehi started, probably for those reasons.

sendbaht
11/26/2010, 09:58 AM
one of the best games Ive seen in a long, long while.:)

JLEW1818
11/26/2010, 10:15 AM
horns suck

StoopTroup
11/26/2010, 10:26 AM
Last night's whorn performance secured tejas a bowl bid.

Congrats to :mack: and his bunch on making it to the Toilet Bowl.

http://www.chronicleoftheoldwest.com/pics/TS_texas-mess.jpg

tcrb
11/26/2010, 10:47 AM
I thought both teams played like shat. Aggie's performance may have had something to do with the reasons that Aggiegirl cited. But * was just plain bad like they have been all year. I hope we see them play like this for the next 3 years.

texaspokieokie
11/26/2010, 10:56 AM
why just 3 ???

Wishboned
11/26/2010, 10:56 AM

If true, wow.

Not quite true.

But close. Against Florida Atlantic he threw for 2 TD's and no INT's. Against Wyoming he was 1-0.

All others he was either 0-0, or threw more INT's than TD's.

soonerchk
11/26/2010, 11:02 AM

yeah, once the corps aggies tied the game, it never really felt like * had a chance.

GG sorta reminds me of a right-handed Chrissy Sims.

Chrissy has always been my favorite * QB ever. He's got competition now. :D

I thought both teams played like shat. Aggie's performance may have had something to do with the reasons that Aggiegirl cited. But * was just plain bad like they have been all year. I hope we see them play like this for the next 3 years.

Rivalry game, corps aggies played tight. I think they are a good team and will be better next year.

And does it make me a bad Sooner if I still dig Dat Nguyen?

OUEngr1990
11/26/2010, 11:11 AM
It would make me happy if the horns went 5-7 or worse every year. Nothing has ever felt so right.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 11:55 AM
I kept wondering if Texas was so bad that the Lassie Aggies couldn't give game away to them. The answer is 'yes'.

tcrb
11/26/2010, 11:58 AM
why just 3 ???

Just went with the # of years of eligibility that GG has remaining, but yeah, I agree with your point. :texan:

oumartin
11/26/2010, 12:04 PM
gilbert only has 2 years left

SoonerLB
11/26/2010, 12:08 PM
Texas is loaded . . . . . with guys that THINK they are NFL material, but ARE pizz-poor excuses for football players. :D

tcrb
11/26/2010, 12:18 PM
gilbert only has 2 years left

Technically, he still has a redshirt year. :)

JLEW1818
11/26/2010, 12:21 PM
:D
Gilbert did get playing time last year, more than just the Bama game

But I'm all for pushing for a RS :D :D

tcrb
11/26/2010, 12:32 PM
:D
Gilbert did get playing time last year, more than just the Bama game

But I'm all for pushing for a RS :D :D

From what I hear, lil' Case isn't much to crow about either.

Sooner Eclipse
11/26/2010, 12:39 PM
We're also coming off a gauntlet of OU, Baylor at Waco, then NU, which was only five days ago. I was worried if they could get themselves together emotionally and physically, especially for an away rivalry game. It was definitely the worst we've played since Tannehi started, probably for those reasons.

If you use gauntlet and Baylor in the same sentence, you really should reconsider the use of the term gauntlet.

cvsooner
11/26/2010, 12:39 PM
First half was quite close, and Texas made a run at it in the 4th, but the 3rd quarter and another long Gray run, combined with some terrible penalties at inopportune times, doomed the 'horns.

Also: the PI call on the aTm guy in the end zone was totally bogus. Not that it mattered, eventually, but that call was unbelievable. And then I remembered they were playing in Austin, and it suddenly made sense.

AlboSooner
11/26/2010, 01:01 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/albosooner/bowlgame-mack.png

tcrb
11/26/2010, 01:29 PM
If you use gauntlet and Baylor in the same sentence, you really should reconsider the use of the term gauntlet.

You do realize she is an aggie....right? ;)

ouwasp
11/26/2010, 01:32 PM
On the 3rd down run that basically clinched it for aTm, the tex olb, #18, was so far out of position he looked like a jr high fb player. Very undisciplined.

I knew tex was leaning heavily on Colt, Ship, Kindle... but now it looks as if those guys might have done the coaching as well!

agoo758
11/26/2010, 01:34 PM
Aggies were really shooting themselves in the foot on special teams. Three fumbles on kickoff/punt returns, and a terrible snap on a punt that led to it being blocked. That is why the game was so close.

rekamrettuB
11/26/2010, 01:38 PM

If true, wow.

Wyoming and FAU games he had zero Int's and threw at least 1 TD. Pretty sad for the other 10 games.

'boned beat me too it.

BoulderSooner79
11/26/2010, 01:38 PM
The horns didn't look that bad, but they showed no heart. After getting the TD after the punt muff, they let the aggies counter with a TD in a few plays giving up a 2nd long run. You could tell the team was expecting to lose. One bright spot for horn fans: they can't lose any more this season.

AggieGirl2005
11/26/2010, 01:46 PM
Ok ok I was wrong to use gauntlet to describe Baylor but it was a tough November - Baylor was playing inspired ball with a Heisman-contender QB . UT should have practically been coming off a bye with FAU.

VA Sooner
11/26/2010, 01:49 PM
Aggies played strong with the exception of the two botched punt returns and the blocked punt.

Texas defense was ok with the exception of the two Cyrus Gray runs up the middle. Defense couldn't keep Gilbert's mistakes from catching up to them though and was the game-changer.

Two interceptions and a fumble... with the fumble happening on the A&M 5 yard line as Texas was trying to get into the end-zone and Gilbert fumbles the ball away.

Texas was sloppy though but had their chances. Couldn't get it done... and the thing that made me laugh most was the last possession punt and everyone... the Aggie players, the refs, and the whole world on Thanksgiving night... watching the precious seconds tick away as the ball just laid there not moving... and neither were the ref's whistles.

Nebraska was no doubt wondering if 4 seconds were going to be added to the clock.

mdklatt
11/26/2010, 02:01 PM

Any team with a winning record counts as a gauntlet for aTm. :texan:

OhU1
11/26/2010, 02:33 PM
Ever notice how when Mack wins he has a long hand shake with the other coach, patting him on the back and imparting what I'm sure is some unwanted patronizing advice and encouragement? Last night Mack's hand barely touched Sherman before Mack pirouetted and slipped away like a thief in the night.

KantoSooner
11/26/2010, 02:46 PM
Texas is not nearly as bad as they looked down the stretch last night. Game was completely up for grabs as late as mid-3rd quarter (okay, maybe I overreach- but at least five minutes into the 3rd they had a dog fight going). Then they got a couple of bad breaks and just rolled over and quit.

I don't know for sure, obviously, but that makes me suspect that the players no longer trust each other or the coaches. I would also suspect that a certain amount of this is coming out of the 'coach-in-waiting' Muschamp trying to assert himself before his time. Texa would be well served if he packed up and left. Therefore I hope he stays...and Mack stays...and continue this turmoil for several more years.

Landthief 1972
11/26/2010, 03:07 PM
I'll give the Aggies a pat on the back. They've had a roller coaster season of sorts, and knowing even if they beat the horns, there's a good chance they'll miss out on the Big 12 champ game probably didn't exactly get them fired up, either. They won some games this year nobody thought they had a chance at, and they've helped us in the past get into a couple of Big 12 champ games by beating Texas, too.

It's just really fun to mock their crotch-grabbing and dog worshipping, tho. :D

flyou11
11/26/2010, 03:07 PM
It was really amazing. The aggies did everything they could to aggie it up and give it to them. However, no matter how many attempts the aggies gave them the horns gave it back. Great day to be a Sooner!

slh1234
11/26/2010, 03:13 PM
Last night's whorn performance secured tejas a bowl bid.

Congrats to :mack: and his bunch on making it to the Toilet Bowl.

http://www.chronicleoftheoldwest.com/pics/TS_texas-mess.jpg

You wouldn't believe the floats in their parade.

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2010, 03:37 PM
Ever notice how when Mack wins he has a long hand shake with the other coach, patting him on the back and imparting what I'm sure is some unwanted patronizing advice and encouragement? Last night Mack's hand barely touched Sherman before Mack pirouetted and slipped away like a thief in the night.

No, thieves in the night usually go home with loot.

OUNC06
11/26/2010, 04:19 PM
GG sorta reminds me of a right-handed Chrissy Sims.

GG wishes he was half as good as Chrissy.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2010, 04:35 PM
Texas is not nearly as bad as they looked down the stretch last night. Game was completely up for grabs as late as mid-3rd quarter (okay, maybe I overreach- but at least five minutes into the 3rd they had a dog fight going). Then they got a couple of bad breaks and just rolled over and quit.

I don't know for sure, obviously, but that makes me suspect that the players no longer trust each other or the coaches. I would also suspect that a certain amount of this is coming out of the 'coach-in-waiting' Muschamp trying to assert himself before his time. Texa would be well served if he packed up and left. Therefore I hope he stays...and Mack stays...and continue this turmoil for several more years.Beautious post.

GKeeper316
11/26/2010, 05:26 PM
For all the negatives about UT, the aTm faithful & local Houston papers are extolling the virtues of Sherman, which is kinda interesting, because when they'd lost 3 games early in the season, they were ready to lynch him as it looked like the same old aTm.

less to do with sherman and more because johnson is riding pine.

Easting
11/26/2010, 07:43 PM
Wow...

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/77872-Calling-Dr.-Kevorkian-Texas-Longhorns-Season-Review-In-MS-Paint

Leroy Lizard
11/26/2010, 09:20 PM
Wow...

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/77872-Calling-Dr.-Kevorkian-Texas-Longhorns-Season-Review-In-MS-Paint

Yeah, I think we've seen that before.