PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor Hype

Danielyork
11/24/2010, 04:18 PM
Why has Terrelle Pryor gotten so much love his entire career? His stats aren't that great... LJ has over 1000 more yards passing than Pryor does this year and in his 2 years LJ has 900 more yards passing the Pryor's 3 years. His rushing yards aren't VYish. I don't get it. Every time they guys on ESPN, The Sports Animal, or any other sports media outlet talk about the Heisman candidates someone always chimes in and says, "don't forget about Pryor".

I just don't get it.

By the way, thanks for having me as a new member from OUInsider. Sorry if my grammer isn't always correct.

Okie35
11/24/2010, 04:23 PM
I mean I can see why, its mainly because Pryor won't do anything all game then finally have a good drive to bring the game closer or win the game. Usually we just blow ppl out. I guess LJ would have to look bad all game then put on a show in the 4th quarter. Its pretty backwards if you ask me.

85sooners
11/24/2010, 04:37 PM
:gary:

sooner518
11/24/2010, 04:40 PM
but Pryor runs for like 500 yards a season! Dual threat!!!!!!!!!!11!!

2121Sooner
11/24/2010, 04:42 PM
The same reason players that go into the NFL and dont meet the expectations of the so-called experts are labeled "Busts".

The talking heads on ESPN and everywhere else thought that Pryor was gonna be the next great thing coming out of high school and dont want to look foolish so they keep talking about how great this kid is even when he doesnt have the stats to back it up. Because if they say someone is great, then it MUST be so.....I am on ESPN!!! Outside of a nice Rose Bowl last year, he hasnt done jack.

Same things with kids going to the NFL. The experts are so wrong sometimes that instead of saying they didnt analyze a particular players skills and were so wrong, they just call them busts.

There......question answered. Next question.

Danielyork
11/24/2010, 04:54 PM
Thank you 2121Sooner.

2121Sooner
11/24/2010, 04:57 PM
Very welcome.

What else you need from me? What temp to deep-fry your turkey at tomorrow? White or dark meat? What you got?

Oh, and 375 and dark meat.

swardboy
11/24/2010, 05:30 PM
Yes Daniel of york, bow to your overlord 2121Sooner....he hath double the posts you have evinced.

I"m smoking my turkey with apple and grapevine today!

And thou shalt not blaspheme THE osu by not hyping their QB....

MyT Oklahoma
11/24/2010, 05:38 PM
Who knows? Who cares? :rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2010, 07:22 PM
tOSU is once again overrated.

Pryor is imensely overrated.

As a QB he is no better than 4th in his own conference behind Stanzi, Tolzein, and Persa. I would even argue he is 5th behind Robinson since Robinson does a lot more with a lot less.

Why?

Because 2121 said so! And that's the bottom line!