PDA

View Full Version : Overstating the Obvious: Saturday looks like it will be a dogfight...

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2010, 02:54 PM
... And I (JMHO) think this year the LoSuRs actually have the talent and chemistry to get the victory in Stillwater. And it would be only the second time in my lifetime with anything meaningful on the line for them that they actually won.... 1976 being the other.

That is, expect much weepin' and a-wailin' tears of joy over finally overthrowing the evil empire of OU.

I suppose the timing is right. They are overdue for their once-every-thirty-years championship.

And yet, should they pull it off, that still only makes them 7-35-1 against OU in my lifetime. Somehow, I can live with that.

So Pokies, if it happens, enjoy your 1.875 victory per decade. There's even a slight chance you'll have another before the 10's are over.

olevetonahill
11/24/2010, 03:01 PM
Dayum, I finally semi agree with you:D
Cept i dont think they will win. It will be a hard game but i think the Sooners pull out the win .

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2010, 03:06 PM
Dayum, I finally semi agree with you:D
Cept i dont think they will win. It will be a hard game but i think the Sooners pull out the win .

Oh no doubt we've got a shot. And if we get it done... I ain't gonna say a word... just :D is all you'll get out of me.

olevetonahill
11/24/2010, 03:09 PM
Im thinking 31 -28 and it could be either way

bmjlr
11/24/2010, 03:11 PM
Im thinking 31 -28 and it could be either way

So you are saying OU will make a field goal? I love the way you think! :D

olevetonahill
11/24/2010, 03:25 PM
Heh, Bob said Jimmy and Tress were players of the game last week .:cool:

bmjlr
11/24/2010, 03:54 PM

Maybe Jimmy has turned the corner and filled up his mojo

soonerboy_odanorth
11/24/2010, 04:03 PM
I said ealier I'd pay cold hard cash to see Texas have a losing season.

The other thing I would drop the samoleans for this season would be to see our most maligned player (Stevens) kick a LONG game winning field goal against the sheep herders.

Breadburner
11/24/2010, 04:39 PM
48-21 OU......

silverwheels
11/24/2010, 04:41 PM
We're going to have to run the ball (and stop their running) to be able to win. Sounds like rocket surgery, I know, but I don't like the prospects of having to pass our way back into the game if we fall behind. Hopefully Demarco, Finch, and whoever else is running the ball gets it going early.

thecynic
11/24/2010, 04:57 PM
I hate it when we lose to them. But I think this year may be the year. We can't beat them every year. The thing is, I never thought they would actually beat us and be able to win the south. The perfect storm of mediocrity has hit and they have taken full advantage of it.

Dwight
11/24/2010, 05:23 PM
I just have a feeling that OU will dominate from the beginning

MyT Oklahoma
11/24/2010, 05:54 PM
I always expect the Sooners to win each and every week. Should be a great game. A hard fought game. A close game because they do have talent and they are playing at home but I still see us winning.

Football Jim
11/25/2010, 01:40 AM
I really think we will all be surprised at how this game goes.
I predict the Sooners will be in the Big XII title game after an extremely strong showing in Stoolwater.
Get ready for more great stunned Aggy pictures. :stunned: :stunned:

Frozen Sooner
11/25/2010, 02:18 AM
Meh. OSU has had the talent and chemistry to beat OU several times and failed to do so. For whatever reason, they're snakebit. I'm not superstitious, though, and I agree with you that they do have a lot of talent on their roster AND they're well-coached. On paper, I think they're slightly better, particularly at home.

OU 135
OSU 10.

Soonerus
11/25/2010, 02:32 AM
OU wins big... A

Collier11
11/25/2010, 02:36 AM
So you are saying OU will make a field goal? I love the way you think! :D

Maybe Jimmy has turned the corner and filled up his mojo

The last two years Jimmy is 21-26 in FGs...maybe the issue is that Stoops didnt trust him enough? He has some ugly kicks but he makes a healthy % of his kicks for a college kicker

sendbaht
11/25/2010, 04:29 AM
maybe a dog fight....BIG DOG OU tiny little yapping dog osu

OU wins big. Starts fast scrores 14 pionts in the first 5 minutes, osu gets flustered and starts making big mistakes and then starts pushing and makes even bigger mistakes OU wins AGAIN in the 40s maybe in the low 50s to teens.

like 47 to 17 50 to 17 something like this I have a strong feeling about this game

EnragedOUfan
11/25/2010, 06:33 AM
This game worries me........Hunter, Blackmon, and Weeden are all beasts............This game is impossible to predict. OSU hasn't played a team near as strong as OU. Yes, I feel OU is superior to Nebraska, athleticism and coaching wise. But OU's defense is known to allow high powered offenses to rack up yards and points against them. If OSU was ever to have their year, this is it...........This game will be tough because of Weeden. He seems and looks far more talented than Robinson, Woods, Fields, etc.....Their only weakness is their defense, but even then they've played fairly decent..........Overall however, Bob Stoops loves Big 12 championships and I believe OU will play lights out.......

MyT Oklahoma
11/25/2010, 04:54 PM
Anything can happen in sports but I always like our chances. Time will tell.

EatLeadCommie
11/25/2010, 05:02 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think they're going to drill us, a la 2002. I see something similar to the TT game last year, though not as lopsided. They go up early, putting LJ in a bad position where he forces things. It piles on from there.

38-24 Pokes.

possumfat
11/25/2010, 05:39 PM
I think its OSLoosers year. OU is down, Big 12 is weak and they are better than usual to take full advantage of the situation. The perfect storm that happens every 20 years or so.

usaosooner
11/25/2010, 05:41 PM
I fear no Poke... We got this

flyou11
11/25/2010, 10:53 PM
It does appear to be a dogfight. However, I could actually see it being a blow out either way too.

SoonerMarkVA
11/25/2010, 11:15 PM
I tend to think it's entirely up to us. Yeah, Pork U can certainly beat us if we look like the team that played Mizzou and a&m. But I don't think they have the horses to beat us if we're playing at capacity.

I'll say again: this game's in Norman, and we win by 20+. We're the better team who happens to have mental collapses on the road way too often.

I'll also say right now, if we give up a TD on the opening KO, or turn it over deep on the first series, we're toast. We will mentally shrivel up, right there. We *must* come out and start the game strong to put us in the right frame of mind. We start with confidence and some success, and I think we'll win, and perhaps even win comfortably. I want Fan Aggroid's spirit popped in the first 5 minutes; let "here we go again" sink in early, and we've got this game in the bag. I want rustoleum stadium quiet as a church, save resounding refrains of "Boomer Sooner".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/26/2010, 03:01 AM
I tend to think it's entirely up to us. Yeah, Pork U can certainly beat us if we look like the team that played Mizzou and a&m. But I don't think they have the horses to beat us if we're playing at capacity.

I'll say again: this game's in Norman, and we win by 20+. We're the better team who happens to have mental collapses on the road way too often.

I'll also say right now, if we give up a TD on the opening KO, or turn it over deep on the first series, we're toast. We will mentally shrivel up, right there. We *must* come out and start the game strong to put us in the right frame of mind. We start with confidence and some success, and I think we'll win, and perhaps even win comfortably. I want Fan Aggroid's spirit popped in the first 5 minutes; let "here we go again" sink in early, and we've got this game in the bag. I want rustoleum stadium quiet as a church, save resounding refrains of "Boomer Sooner".Well said. If we don't play well early, it could be an unpleasant scene.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/29/2010, 02:07 AM
:D