PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fuente > Kevin Wilson? Wow!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/24/2010, 08:21 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/viewCFSE.asp?selposition=2

http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/fuente_justin00.html

I did not see that coming.

texaspokieokie
11/24/2010, 08:26 AM
looks like he's doing a good job !!

SoonerMarkVA
11/24/2010, 09:06 AM
Fuente was always a student of the game. Very happy to see him having such great success. I'd like, somehow, for him and Seth Littrell to come home.

sooner518
11/24/2010, 09:17 AM
The Badgers have averaged 65.5 points in their last two games.
Kind of a worthless stat if you ask me.....especially if one of those games was 83 points against a team that gave up

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/24/2010, 09:19 AM
Things could have been different for Fuente at OU had we not had a coaching change when we did. It almost seemed like Blake didn't value him in his whole multi-QB rotation.

I had a class with Justin in the MBA program when he was with the Wranglers. Nice guy.

reevie
11/24/2010, 09:39 AM
Things could have been different for Fuente at OU had we not had a coaching change when we did. It almost seemed like Blake didn't value him in his whole multi-QB rotation.

I had a class with Justin in the MBA program when he was with the Wranglers. Nice guy.

Maybe Blake just forgot about him with all those quarterbacks running around

rekamrettuB
11/24/2010, 10:37 AM
Kind of a worthless stat if you ask me.....especially if one of those games was 83 points against a team that gave up

Ya and the other defense was Michigan's.

OU GENO
11/24/2010, 10:49 AM
Dick Winder wanted Fuente and John Blake wanted Erick Moore! I think Winder knew more about the offense than Blake!

Pricetag
11/24/2010, 11:17 AM
That Tech game in '97 was greatness when Winder and Fuente were already on their way out, and Blake let Winder run his offense with Fuente down there and we won.

Breadburner
11/24/2010, 11:25 AM
Where is the other TCU co-ordinator on the list....

Cinco Ranch Cougar
11/24/2010, 12:06 PM
How come there is no mention of Fuente playing at OU in his TCU bio?

stoopified
11/24/2010, 12:12 PM
How come there is no mention of Fuente playing at OU in his TCU bio?If you got screwed over the way he did at OU,would you have THAT in your bio?

Penguin
11/24/2010, 12:20 PM
Fuente played two seasons (1996-97) at Oklahoma under former TCU quarterbacks coach and then-Sooners offensive coordinator Dick Winder. Fuente set an Oklahoma freshman record with 11 touchdown passes. He transferred to Murray State for his final two years of eligibility.

Fuente set 11 school records at Murray State, including total offense and passing yards in a game and season. He was the Ohio Valley Conference Offensive Player of the Year and a finalist for the Walter Payton Award, given annually to the nation's top player in Division I-AA.

:confused:

Seamus
11/24/2010, 12:46 PM
That Tech game in '97 was greatness when Winder and Fuente were already on their way out, and Blake let Winder run his offense with Fuente down there and we won.

Nothing from that era was greatness, with the possible exception of Parker.

~~~ Shudder ~~~

Widescreen
11/24/2010, 01:04 PM

Eric Moore was Blake's kee-id so Fuente really had no chance to excel. Of course a disastrous performance by Fuente at Northwestern didn't help matters. I still think Fuente would've improved a lot if he'd been given a legitimate chance.

Pricetag
11/24/2010, 01:13 PM
Nothing from that era was greatness, with the possible exception of Parker.

~~~ Shudder ~~~
Heh, yeah, that wasn't the best word choice. It wasn't greatness, it was a thing that makes you go, "hmmm."

RacerX
11/24/2010, 02:01 PM
:confused:

You and your fancy reading skills.

jkjsooner
11/24/2010, 02:11 PM
I completely forgot that Fuente didn't finish at OU. I wish I could forget that whole era - except for Parker and Gregg.

Someone mentioned the Northwestern game. I was at that game. We spent the first quarter moving the ball up and down the field (but didn't score). It's hard to explain what happened after that.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2010, 02:26 PM
I wish I could forget that whole era...

http://www.liquornet.co.nz/product_images/c/692/JackDanielsWeb__55368_zoom__25158_zoom.jpg

prrriiide
11/24/2010, 03:27 PM
I wish I could forget that whole era

Hope for you:

Memory erasing drugs now in earliest stages

David Gomez | Tue 23rd Nov 2010, 07:27 pm

People who are haunted by visions of war and scenes of violence sometimes wish they could remove the bad memories from their minds. Medical (http://www.tgdaily.com/general-science-brief/52681-memory-erasing-drugs-now-in-earliest-stages#) researchers at Johns Hopkins University think that it may be possible someday...

Projects in the past have shown some forms of behavior therapy are able to erase memories. But it was also shown that a relapse can happen because the memory wasn’t completely gone.

Huganir and postdoctoral fellow Roger L. Clem examined that process and discovered a “window of vulnerability” when special receptor proteins are created. These proteins interpose signals that travel within the brain as painful memories are created. Since these proteins are unstable they can be removed easily with drugs or therapy during the window, making sure the memory is gone.

http://www.tgdaily.com/general-science-brief/52681-memory-erasing-drugs-now-in-earliest-stages

85sooners
11/24/2010, 03:40 PM
:hot: :hot:

sooners2win
11/24/2010, 09:49 PM
Look who is number 18 :)