PDA

View Full Version : Fumbles per carry?

cleller
11/24/2010, 07:27 AM
When it looked like Finch might be questionable, I was wondering if Madu would get another shot at the number 2 spot.
He's looked good at times, except for the fumbles. On the flip side, Murray seems exceptional at holding onto the ball. I've tried some to find a stat about each player's fumbles, but couldn't. (Soonerstats.com, Soonersports.com)

Any stat savants around here that have the fumbles/carry ratio at their fingertips?

Feel for Madu, watching his playing days go rapidly by, but you gotta hang onto the ball.

ashley
11/24/2010, 08:16 AM
The team with the fewest turnovers and best kicking wins the game. Field position is the key.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/24/2010, 08:35 AM
The team with the fewest turnovers and best kicking wins the game. Field position is the key.

:gary:

delhalew
11/24/2010, 10:55 AM
When it looked like Finch might be questionable, I was wondering if Madu would get another shot at the number 2 spot.
He's looked good at times, except for the fumbles. On the flip side, Murray seems exceptional at holding onto the ball. I've tried some to find a stat about each player's fumbles, but couldn't. (Soonerstats.com, Soonersports.com)

Any stat savants around here that have the fumbles/carry ratio at their fingertips?

Feel for Madu, watching his playing days go rapidly by, but you gotta hang onto the ball.

Sorry I don't have numbers. That is just another reason to love Murray. Dude attacks the defense and goes up and over and keeps a death grip on the ball all the while.

sooner518
11/24/2010, 10:55 AM
I wish Madu could hold onto the ball because I think he is really explosive and he really hits the hole hard and fast. but hes had a bad history.

cleller
11/24/2010, 11:37 AM
Adding up rushing, receiving, and kick return touches from SoonerSports, I came up with 288 touches for Murray and 69 for Madu for this season.

Now if someone can just remember how many fumbles each has had....

cvsooner
11/24/2010, 05:27 PM
Murray I think has not fumbled this season. Finch hadn't fumbled until he got knocked out. Landry has the most fumbles of anybody.

I couldn't believe he had a hard time catching another snap at Baylor that was face high...sheesh.

swardboy
11/24/2010, 05:32 PM
Wish Mosis could have worked out with AD last offseason.

cvsooner
11/24/2010, 06:04 PM
Okay, I stand corrected. Murray has fumbled once, but didn't lose it. Mossis has fumbled four times and lost two. Landry has fumbled four times and lost one...not counting the errant snaps.

Franks and Kenney have each fumbled but not lost them. Clay and Finch have both fumbled once and lost them (both times on knockouts, no less).

Madu has 69 total touches so he's fumbled every 17 or so...Murray has 288 touches and has fumbled once.
We only have five lost fumbles all season.

cleller
11/24/2010, 06:35 PM
Very good work cvsooner. I hope you wife appreciates this special talent. One fumble every 17 touches for Madu, even if he got back a couple its surely not going to get overlooked.

How many fumbles did Elvis Peacock have?

Don't really need to know, just looking for a reason to say Elvis Peacock.

cvsooner
11/24/2010, 07:02 PM
Getting the numbers isn't all that hard...soonersports.com has game summaries that list every play and all the stats and break it down by whom and what. Just a case of clicking through the links and writing down the totals.

85sooners
11/24/2010, 09:19 PM
:eek: