PDA

View Full Version : Food For Thought Re:Holgorsen

usaosooner
11/23/2010, 10:47 PM
Holgorsen was OC or Co OC under Mike Leach from 2000-2007, his offenses averaged just 20 points per game against us and his record was 2-6...

I'm just saying....

:gary:

jumperstop
11/23/2010, 10:54 PM
Works for me

VA Sooner
11/23/2010, 11:16 PM
I'll take that.

sooneron
11/23/2010, 11:17 PM
Maybe he has them....

lifting weights!! Dah dah DAH!!!

yermom
11/23/2010, 11:23 PM
outside of Norman that record drops to 2-2

Pricetag
11/23/2010, 11:25 PM
Wonder what that record would have been if Tech had had a back like Hunter? We haven't exactly been playing 2000-2004 defense lately, either.

King Crimson
11/23/2010, 11:31 PM
we were always hit or miss against Leach/Tech. either we had them schemed and rushed the passer effectively....or sometimes the Pirate had us off balance for a quarter or two and lit us up. I'm thinking the Bradford concussion game here.

yermom
11/23/2010, 11:37 PM
that 2005 game was a bitch. the controversial calls were one thing, but the wind was BAD and our passing game was pretty fragile to begin with

the concussion game wasn't that bad once Halze got it together. he didn't play well at all at first though. the fact that Bradford was needing to make a tackle wasn't exactly a good place to be in either

King Crimson
11/23/2010, 11:43 PM
the concussion game wasn't that bad once Halze got it together. he didn't play well at all at first though. the fact that Bradford was needing to make a tackle wasn't exactly a good place to be in either

my point about this game is on the game clock about a 10 minute period where Tech is doing whatever they want and our db's are out of position....and they score 21 points bang bang bang....and it takes Joey a while to get his sea legs and it's almost too late at that point. in the context of the upcoming game, we can't have that. we go down early up there in 02 and can't come back.

the ATM and Mizzou games show that with our questionable run game against even average front 7's....we have a hard time coming back from 2 scores down. and even though Stevens has been better, our FG kicking is questionable and wields some influence in decision making that makes me uncomfortable. like going for it on 4th and 11's....

yermom
11/23/2010, 11:47 PM
yeah, but if we don't spot them two picks after that fumble we might have still been able to pull it out. we still only lost by a TD

prrriiide
11/24/2010, 12:27 AM
with our questionable run game

Our run game only seems to be questionable when KW gets all Missouri jack-*** stubborn and tries to make our OL overpower the opponent's DL UTM. When we get some traps and misdirections going, and get Murray/Madu/Finch/Clay to the edge we seem to be a much better running team.

King Crimson
11/24/2010, 12:47 AM
Our run game only seems to be questionable when KW gets all Missouri jack-*** stubborn and tries to make our OL overpower the opponent's DL UTM. When we get some traps and misdirections going, and get Murray/Madu/Finch/Clay to the edge we seem to be a much better running team.

fair point. i agree, i like our run game when we get the OL pulling, trapping...get our guys in space knocking people down...getting to the corner, we have solid WR blocking most of the time....i like that more than the bubble screen that everyone defends by now. i thought there was something to encouraged about from the BU game, the T formation thing....but until it happens i'm concerned.

i also really liked the plain old QB sneak on 4th downs instead of some slow developing handoff. I realize he's probably told not to, but I think Landry could run it a little more when things break down.

to win we the "good Landry" to show up, not confused "bad Landry".