PDA

View Full Version : NORTH KOREA ATTACKS

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:14 AM
Just check Drudge...there's too many links there for lazy me to repost.

Small island shelled...two SK soldiers killed...civilians fleeing. One hour of shelling....dozens of N. Korean artillery rounds to start...80 rounds response by South.

28,000 American forces in S. Korea, but none involved. UN security council meeting now about it...ooooooooo!

The
11/23/2010, 09:15 AM
In other words, your typical Tuesday along the DMZ.

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:24 AM
Now S.Korea President says "enormous retaliation" if North attacks again.

I don't think this is "typical."

The
11/23/2010, 09:29 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/nfiooh.jpg

They got a strongly worded letter for this.

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:31 AM
I hope you're right....it's unusual for S. Korea to come out with an immediate threat of retaliation though.

The
11/23/2010, 09:33 AM
I'm always right.

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:35 AM
On the other hand, I hope you're wrong....46 S. Korean soldiers were killed on that ship you pictured.

SoonerLVZ
11/23/2010, 09:35 AM
here is a good article that sums up what is going on.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101123/wl_afp/nkoreaskoreamilitarynuclearweapons_20101123092327

EnragedOUfan
11/23/2010, 09:43 AM
I really hope this doesn't turn into an all out war........Ultimately, South Korea is in a lose, lose situation due to Seoul being within range of North Korean Artillery. But then again, is North Korea stupid enough to take this further when the US probably already has an aircraft carrier deployed and loaded with stealth bombers that are patiently awaiting for orders to attack??

The
11/23/2010, 09:45 AM
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad18/epi-metheus/bestkorea1276553974789.jpg

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:48 AM
Here's a better link: Pics!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/South-Korea-Says-North-Korea-Fired-Artillery-Onto-An-Island-And-Into-The-Sea/Article/201011415822829?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header _0&lid=ARTICLE_15822829_South_Korea_Says_North_Korea_ Fired_Artillery_Onto_An_Island_And_Into_The_Sea

AND IF YOU POST ANOTHER LINK I WILL RETALIATE WITH A RELENTLESS TORRENT OF LINKS!!!!

just kidding...could you supply me with some more rice.

ultimatesooner1
11/23/2010, 10:50 AM
I know an AF dude that is over there, based on his facebook posts its just one big party

The
11/23/2010, 10:54 AM
I know an AF dude that is over there, based on his facebook posts its just one big party

Blackout Korea. (http://blackoutkorea.blogspot.com/)

JohnnyMack
11/23/2010, 11:07 AM
I predict......nothing comes of this.

STUpendOUs
11/23/2010, 11:13 AM
8bfgrj_62-Y

My Opinion Matters
11/23/2010, 11:16 AM
Remember when North Korea was gonna nuke Hawaii?

NormanPride
11/23/2010, 11:27 AM
Posturing. Deadly posturing, but that's all it is. NK seems like a necessary evil to keep SK away from China, IMO.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 11:52 AM

South Korean soldiers are habitually killed along the DMZ?

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 11:54 AM
I really hope this doesn't turn into an all out war........Ultimately, South Korea is in a lose, lose situation due to Seoul being within range of North Korean Artillery. But then again, is North Korea stupid enough to take this further when the US probably already has an aircraft carrier deployed and loaded with stealth bombers that are patiently awaiting for orders to attack??

Would we attack?

The
11/23/2010, 11:54 AM
South Korean soldiers are habitually killed along the DMZ?

Yerp.

soonercruiser
11/23/2010, 12:10 PM

No! The biggest exchange since 1957!
:(

The
11/23/2010, 12:12 PM
No! The biggest exchange since 1957!

Except for the 42 sailors killed in March, the airplane that got turristed, the assassination of the entire presidential parliament, the continual shots back and forth....

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 12:14 PM
Yerp.

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Demilitarized_Zone

Wishboned
11/23/2010, 12:15 PM
I spent a year in Korea. I was in the most Northern deployed unit in Korea.

We had a general tell us once, "Gentlemen, we are not here to keep the North from attacking the South, we are here to keep the South from attacking the North."

The
11/23/2010, 12:17 PM
Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Demilitarized_Zone

Yerp.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%E7%A7%80%E9%80%B8%E3%81%AA%E8%A8%98%E4% BA%8B

soonercruiser
11/23/2010, 12:21 PM

Stationed there through 1988.
As long as you were only in the AF; and as long as you were south of the DMZ, it was a nice, peaceful tour.
For your AF friend, it will not be nice if war breaks out.
And, I would assume that he is now carrying his Chem gear and gas mask at this very moment!
(That wasnt "fun" for 99 of the 365 days I was there)

soonercruiser
11/23/2010, 12:26 PM
Would we attack?

(Move this to a political thread)
Obama wouldn't attack, even if Seoul was hit and thousands died!
He'd probably appologize for our military maneuvers first.

The America that we knew is slipping away.

My Opinion Matters
11/23/2010, 12:32 PM

Was Seoul recently annexed by the US?:confused:

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 12:46 PM
Yerp.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%E7%A7%80%E9%80%B8%E3%81%AA%E8%A8%98%E4% BA%8B

Nothing on that site confirms anything you have said. So nope.

The
11/23/2010, 12:49 PM
Nothing on that site confirms anything you have said. So nope.

Neither did yours, so, derp.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/23/2010, 12:53 PM
Leroy = Heads
The = Tails

tommieharris91
11/23/2010, 04:06 PM
Know why Kim Jong Il is so ronery? Because Hitler left him and committed suicide in a bunker. True story.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 04:11 PM
Leroy = Heads
The = Tails

Heads >> Tails

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 04:12 PM
Know why Kim Jong Il is so ronery? Because Hitler left him and committed suicide in a bunker. True story.

Ronery?

http://www.thehypertexts.com/Mysterious_Ways/Images/Ronald_Wilson_Reagan_Cowboy_Poet.gif

The
11/23/2010, 04:12 PM
Heads >> Tails

Nope.

OULenexaman
11/23/2010, 04:18 PM
I think China will put a quick halt to all this......

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 04:29 PM

Since they pretty much run our policies, both foreign and domestic.

The
11/23/2010, 04:31 PM
Since they pretty much run our policies, both foreign and domestic.

No they don't.

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 04:34 PM
No they don't.

This is going to end up like one of those jingles kids sing on long car trips.

The
11/23/2010, 04:37 PM
This is going to end up like one of those jingles kids sing on long car trips.

No it isn't.

landrun
11/23/2010, 06:47 PM

Why would they do that? :confused:

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 07:12 PM
Why would they do that? :confused:

I think China likes to keep things real quiet while they go about their business in overtaking the world's economy. Having a retarded son-in-law (North Korea) going out and picking fights in the neighborhood is "bad for business."

bigfatjerk
11/24/2010, 06:56 PM
China is trying to cut ties with the US. Just dissed the dollar.

China, Russia quit dollar

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

"That has forged an important step in bilateral trade and it is a result of the consolidated financial systems of world countries," he said.

Putin made his remarks after a meeting with Wen. They also officiated at a signing ceremony for 12 documents, including energy cooperation.

The documents covered cooperation on aviation, railroad construction, customs, protecting intellectual property, culture and a joint communiqu. Details of the documents have yet to be released.

Putin said one of the pacts between the two countries is about the purchase of two nuclear reactors from Russia by China's Tianwan nuclear power plant, the most advanced nuclear power complex in China.

Putin has called for boosting sales of natural resources - Russia's main export - to China, but price has proven to be a sticking point.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin, who holds sway over Russia's energy sector, said following a meeting with Chinese representatives that Moscow and Beijing are unlikely to agree on the price of Russian gas supplies to China before the middle of next year.

Russia is looking for China to pay prices similar to those Russian gas giant Gazprom charges its European customers, but Beijing wants a discount. The two sides were about $100 per 1,000 cubic meters apart, according to Chinese officials last week.

Wen's trip follows Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's three-day visit to China in September, during which he and President Hu Jintao launched a cross-border pipeline linking the world's biggest energy producer with the largest energy consumer.

Wen said at the press conference that the partnership between Beijing and Moscow has "reached an unprecedented level" and pledged the two countries will "never become each other's enemy".

Over the past year, "our strategic cooperative partnership endured strenuous tests and reached an unprecedented level," Wen said, adding the two nations are now more confident and determined to defend their mutual interests.

"China will firmly follow the path of peaceful development and support the renaissance of Russia as a great power," he said.

"The modernization of China will not affect other countries' interests, while a solid and strong Sino-Russian relationship is in line with the fundamental interests of both countries."

Wen said Beijing is willing to boost cooperation with Moscow in Northeast Asia, Central Asia and the Asia-Pacific region, as well as in major international organizations and on mechanisms in pursuit of a "fair and reasonable new order" in international politics and the economy.

Sun Zhuangzhi, a senior researcher in Central Asian studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the new mode of trade settlement between China and Russia follows a global trend after the financial crisis exposed the faults of a dollar-dominated world financial system.

Pang Zhongying, who specializes in international politics at Renmin University of China, said the proposal is not challenging the dollar, but aimed at avoiding the risks the dollar represents.

Wen arrived in the northern Russian city on Monday evening for a regular meeting between Chinese and Russian heads of government.

He left St. Petersburg for Moscow late on Tuesday and is set to meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

STUpendOUs
11/24/2010, 07:00 PM
better wake up those boys in the silo's real quick like...

GKeeper316
11/24/2010, 07:07 PM
xh_9QhRzJEs

sooner59
11/24/2010, 09:52 PM
China isn't going to try to cut ties with the U.S., we owe them too much money, and we will continue to owe them for a while. China is loving the status quo right now. North Korea is probably irritating them as much as they are South Korea right now.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/24/2010, 11:24 PM
Arec Barwin... How many times I have to tell you...

Seriously, this has got the Japanese here all in a tizzy. They have heightened whatever response they may do...Big news here...

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/25/2010, 12:39 AM

Yes, we've always been the first to fight, just like in World War I and World War II!

ouwasp
11/25/2010, 11:02 AM
Well, the SK def minister just resigned... incompetence I guess? They should have napalmed the arty sites, imo. Doesn't NK ever have to pay for their transgressions?

stoopified
11/25/2010, 04:02 PM
Shouldn't there be a minmum age to post here? Too many eight year-olds around here hellbent on arguing.

soonercruiser
11/25/2010, 04:11 PM
I think China likes to keep things real quiet while they go about their business in overtaking the world's economy. Having a retarded son-in-law (North Korea) going out and picking fights in the neighborhood is "bad for business."

The next to the last thing that China wants is million of refugees coming across their boder from NK!