PDA

View Full Version : Do you make over $250,000 a year?

SoonerNate
11/23/2010, 04:10 AM
Well, everytime I turn around every county in Oklahoma does since it's the only state in the nation to vote in every county to vote Republican.

Scare the simpletons with "Der gonna take yer guns" has worked for too long. Tick 'em off with the hate for gays, day'l take yer guns, Obama is black and not one of you....

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

reflector
11/23/2010, 04:13 AM
I can honestly say that I do not make over $250,000 a year.

SoonerNate
11/23/2010, 04:13 AM
If you don't want to be thought of as rednecks, quit voting like one! Oklahoma is among the most broke of any states in the nation. Quit acting like you are from Mississippi

SoonerNate
11/23/2010, 04:15 AM
Just see the light and think about it. The Republicans don't care about you. Are you in the upper 2 percent?

Quit voting like you are.

SoonerNate
11/23/2010, 04:17 AM
I'm not gonna belittle any of you. Just think about it. You continue to vote against your interests based on some BS fear that "they" will take your guns?

You all are smarter than this.

QUIT VOTING REPUBLICAN.

SoonerNate
11/23/2010, 04:26 AM
I can honestly say that I do not make over $250,000 a year.

And so if you vote Republican I must ask why?

Social issues? Obama is a foreigner? He's Muslim?

Blue
11/23/2010, 05:04 AM
http://pics.schwippy.com/forums/images/ban_him.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
11/23/2010, 06:18 AM
http://pics.schwippy.com/forums/images/ban_him.jpg
Speak for yourself

AlbqSooner
11/23/2010, 06:55 AM
"I'm not gonna belittle any of you."

"WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!"
"Quit acting like you are from Mississippi"
"You continue to vote against your interests based on some BS fear that "they" will take your guns?"

Thanks for not belittling anyone. Now F... off dips...!

MrJimBeam
11/23/2010, 07:03 AM
I don't currently earn $250,000 but I hope to one day. That's why I vote for Republicans.

RacerX
11/23/2010, 07:29 AM
SSC, if you're with Nate, then you can **** off too.

RacerX
11/23/2010, 07:30 AM
If you don't want to be thought of as rednecks, quit voting like one! Oklahoma is among the most broke of any states in the nation. Quit acting like you are from Mississippi

Most broke?

There's no deficit here.

KABOOKIE
11/23/2010, 07:33 AM
Are you on welfare?

Well, everytime I turn around every county in California does since it's the only state in the nation to vote in every county to vote Democrat.

Scare the simpletons with "Dey'll ask for your papers" has worked for too long. Tick 'em off with the hate for America, day'l ask for your papers, Sarah Palin is a woman and not one of you....

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/23/2010, 08:23 AM
Nate, I thought you were a neo con.

I am constantly amazed that the poor and middle class vote for Republicans. God, Gays, and Guns seems to be all those people care about while the people running the show laugh all the way to the bank.

I mean the people some of you elected are willing to raise taxes on you because their friends making 250,000 want a tax cut. Wtf is wrong with middle America...

OhU1
11/23/2010, 08:46 AM
I would vote Democrat but: 1. They will take my guns. 2. Make being gay legal. 3. Take God out of the Schools and Courthouse lawn. 4. Give money to brown people.

OhU1
11/23/2010, 08:48 AM
I would vote Democrat but: 1. They will take my guns. 2. Make being gay legal. 3. Take God out of the Schools and Courthouse lawn. 4. Give money to brown people.

OhU1
11/23/2010, 08:49 AM

SoonerStormchaser
11/23/2010, 08:52 AM
Voting more than once, let alone three times, is ILLEGAL OhU1. Jeez...;)

swardboy
11/23/2010, 09:08 AM
Oh, so it's all about class warfare.

Let me see, who's paying me? Who's hiring people? Who's already paying over 80% of our taxes? Who's creating jobs?

Oh yeah, Obama!

CobraKai
11/23/2010, 09:47 AM
Voting more than once, let alone three times, is ILLEGAL OhU1. Jeez...;)

Tell Joe Kennedy that. :)

CobraKai
11/23/2010, 09:49 AM
I do make over $250 per year. I literally makes 10s of thousands of dollars per year. To break 250,000 I would need to switch from dollars to rupees or pesos or something.

pphilfran
11/23/2010, 11:01 AM
Raising the tax rate won't increase revenue by any significant amount...raising the tax rate won't hurt the economy....far too many loopholes...the entire Clinton tax increase (not just the increase to those making over 250k) amounted to .1 or .2 of one percent of GDP....those making 250k a year or more only added .03 to .06 of one percent of GDP...please don't listen to the misleading info coming from either party...

The much touted Clinton tax revenue increases (two years) came from increased cap gains due to the booming stock market and following bubble...

tommieharris91
11/23/2010, 11:04 AM
Most broke?

There's no deficit here.

The bull**** meter went off the scale on this one.

My Opinion Matters
11/23/2010, 11:14 AM
Nate, you're a pretty fine troll, but you're going to have to come up with a better handle.

DIB
11/23/2010, 12:58 PM
Both parties are ****. Anyone that seriously believes that one is better than the other is naive. They are both about taking and keeping power. They are about supporting their friends. The only difference between Dems and Reps is that they each make a different set of rich people richer. The system is broken. Our government is corrupt and wants to steal our rights and tax us into oblivion. Time to burn this mother to the ground.

Partial Qualifier
11/23/2010, 01:12 PM
Oklahoma is among the most broke of any states in the nation.

All the more reason to vote (those we hope turn out to be and/or truly are) conservative.

okie52
11/23/2010, 01:15 PM
Well, everytime I turn around every county in Oklahoma does since it's the only state in the nation to vote in every county to vote Republican.

Scare the simpletons with "Der gonna take yer guns" has worked for too long. Tick 'em off with the hate for gays, day'l take yer guns, Obama is black and not one of you....

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

You are obviously very enlightened.

So an Okie (presumably one that doesn't make 250K) should support Obama
solely because he will tax those who make more than 250k? It that your whole argument?

Outstanding. Did you mail any donations to Hank Johnson so he can stop Guam from capsizing?

Scott D
11/23/2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, so it's all about class warfare.

Let me see, who's paying me? Who's hiring people? Who's already paying over 80% of our taxes? Who's creating jobs?

Oh yeah, Obama!

I told you yesterday that Nate is bipolar. Now you have proof. :)

AlboSooner
11/23/2010, 01:27 PM
Obama has been great for gun sales. People complain about him taking er guns away, but sales have spiked since he took office.

There are many points I don't agree with the president, but the fear of him taking away our guns is the most irrational of them all.

90% of my church believes Obama is trying to take our guns away.

Scott D
11/23/2010, 01:30 PM
90% of your church could easily be made to believe that he's pouring chemicals into the water supply to darken their pigmentation I'd guess.

batonrougesooner
11/23/2010, 01:34 PM
90% of your church could easily be made to believe that he's pouring chemicals into the water supply to darken their pigmentation I'd guess.

Wait...he's not?

AlboSooner
11/23/2010, 01:34 PM

that's true, but I love them to death. each and every election I've had a few members come to me and tell me i'm wrong about such and such, then 4 years later they come back to apologize and say I was right.

People don't realize close to 80% of abortions are performed on Christian girls. We want the govt. to make a law to tell OUR daughters not to have abortions. :(

people complain they tuuk prayer out of skools, I ask who took it out of churches then?

OUEngr1990
11/23/2010, 02:41 PM
Nope, not that high in the income bracket yet. I thought the threshold was 100k (per Obama's campaign). If you made over 100k, your thought of as "rich". Of course, if you make 250k, and spend 249k, you definitely are not rich.

okie52
11/23/2010, 02:50 PM

Unlikely, Obama taxes white people so they'll stay white.

Tanning salons burned by health care bill
http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/24/news/economy/tanning_tax/

DIB
11/23/2010, 02:52 PM

That is obviously a race based tax. I guess Obama is racist.

badger
11/23/2010, 02:56 PM
I don't make $250k, but Republicans have done stuff for broke college students and their broke minimum wage co-workers too. Back when the Bush tax cuts took effect, I was taking home more of my meager paycheck than the previous summer, which was still under the Clintonesque taxes. When you're broke and need money, it isn't enough to say "You'll get it refunded eventually," because as we've probably all discovered (aside from any tax cheats), you think you'll get a much bigger refund than you ever do. Take-home pay is everything to broke-arse students, amirite?

My take home pay changed for the better, as a meager low-wage earner under the Republicans. Thus, the first president I ever cast a vote for was W.

Anyways, just my two cents.

The
11/23/2010, 02:59 PM
I don't make $250k, but Republicans have done stuff for broke college students and their broke minimum wage co-workers too. Back when the Bush tax cuts took effect, I was taking home more of my meager paycheck than the previous summer, which was still under the Clintonesque taxes. When you're broke and need money, it isn't enough to say "You'll get it refunded eventually," because as we've probably all discovered (aside from any tax cheats), you think you'll get a much bigger refund than you ever do. Take-home pay is everything to broke-arse students, amirite?

My take home pay changed for the better, as a meager low-wage earner under the Republicans. Thus, the first president I ever cast a vote for was W.

Anyways, just my two cents.

What kind of place is this that lets women have opinions?

Yall need to take care of yer business, I tell you wat....

Scott D
11/23/2010, 03:00 PM

that's because chemicals in the water is less cancerous than exposing yourself to a bunch of flourescent light tubes ;)

Although to be honest, the jagoffs from Jersey Shore should be enough of a tax on people wanting to keep using tanning beds ;)

okie52
11/23/2010, 03:19 PM
That is obviously a race based tax. I guess Obama is racist.

Just like illegal immigration and/or disagreeing with Obama.

Caboose
11/23/2010, 03:21 PM

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

1.5/10

okie52
11/23/2010, 03:25 PM
that's because chemicals in the water is less cancerous than exposing yourself to a bunch of flourescent light tubes ;)

Although to be honest, the jagoffs from Jersey Shore should be enough of a tax on people wanting to keep using tanning beds ;)

I always knew he had our best interests at heart;).

swardboy
11/23/2010, 03:44 PM
I told you yesterday that Nate is bipolar. Now you have proof. :)

Oh I see; persona du jour...

RacerX
11/23/2010, 05:12 PM
The bull**** meter went off the scale on this one.

State constitution calls for a balanced budget.

they may invent money during the session, but by the end state fiscal year, the outs aren't supposed to exceed the ins.

Penguin
11/23/2010, 06:25 PM

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

http://i.acdn.us/image/A1379/1379568/300_1379568.jpg

landrun
11/23/2010, 06:32 PM
People don't realize close to 80% of abortions are performed on Christian girls....

Oh really??

And can you provide any statistical data to back up that claim? I says your stat is about 80% made up. ;) I know a LOT of women in evangelical churches have had abortions. But 80% seems a little high. :confused:

landrun
11/23/2010, 06:35 PM
Well, everytime I turn around every county in Oklahoma does since it's the only state in the nation to vote in every county to vote Republican. ...

More indisputable proof that Oklahoma is the greatest state in the union. :D

cantwait48
11/23/2010, 07:14 PM
Are you on welfare?

Well, everytime I turn around every county in California does since it's the only state in the nation to vote in every county to vote Democrat.

Scare the simpletons with "Dey'll ask for your papers" has worked for too long. Tick 'em off with the hate for America, day'l ask for your papers, Sarah Palin is a woman and not one of you....

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!"

lol

Leroy Lizard
11/23/2010, 07:24 PM

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

Excellent strategy to post your argument after the elections. Maybe this is why you lose elections.

GKeeper316
11/23/2010, 09:31 PM
I don't currently earn $250,000 but I hope to one day. That's why I vote for Republicans.

and that's how they get you... they have convinced the poor and stupid that one day, if they work hard, they'll be rich.

anyone that has even a very very basic understanding of economics knows that can't happen.

OUthunder
11/23/2010, 09:33 PM
and that's how they get you... they have convinced the poor and stupid that one day, if they work hard, they'll be rich.

anyone that has even a very very basic understanding of economics knows that can't happen.

Poor and stupid don't always walk hand in hand.

okie52
11/23/2010, 09:35 PM

How basic is your knowledge?

tcrb
11/23/2010, 09:41 PM
Anyone with a basic understanding of economics should know that it takes more than just hard work to build wealth. You have to work hard, spend less than you earn, invest the excess, reinvest the interest earned, vote Republican so the Dems dont tax hell outta your earning, keep working hard, keep investing, you'll get there. ;)

okie52
11/23/2010, 09:49 PM
Anyone with a basic understanding of economics should know that it takes more than just hard work to build wealth. You have to work hard, spend less than you earn, invest the excess, reinvest the interest earned, vote Republican so the Dems dont tax hell outta your earning, keep working hard, keep investing, you'll get there. ;)

You are obviously unaware that you get rich by voting to tax those that make more than you do.

tcrb
11/23/2010, 09:54 PM
You are obviously unaware that you get rich by voting to tax those that make more than you do.

You mean tax the guy who owns the company so he will be forced to eliminate a few positions in the company in order to pay those extra taxes? Makes sense as long as it's somebody else and not me that gets laid off.

okie52
11/23/2010, 09:56 PM
You mean tax the guy who owns the company so he will be forced to eliminate a few positions in the company in order to pay those extra taxes? Makes sense as long as it's somebody else and not me that gets laid off.

Well, other than that.

GKeeper316
11/23/2010, 10:26 PM
ideologically, i identify myself better with the republican party than the democratic party. im all for local government and developing small business. im all for protecting our rights and liberties, and im all for shrinking the size and scope of the federal government.

these are the things the republican party claims to stand for, and yet whenever a pub is president, the deficit grows, our rights get **** on, and the size and scope of the federal government gets larger and larger and larger.

i wish we had more options than pub or dem. the tea party started to give me a ray of hope that a non-traditional party would enter into the political fray and tilt the playing field away from the 2 power parties... unfortunately, the tea partiers turned out to be the ultra right wing tin foil hat wearing morons that will believe any rhetoric spewed from fox.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/23/2010, 11:10 PM
"Nate you forgot to take your valium and lithium today. Please get back on the meds.

AlboSooner
11/23/2010, 11:24 PM
Oh really??

And can you provide any statistical data to back up that claim? I says your stat is about 80% made up. ;) I know a LOT of women in evangelical churches have had abortions. But 80% seems a little high. :confused:

I'm only going to say to this post this: the point is not the exact number of women, the link of the study, but rather the trend which you yourself have observed, that christian women have abortions, but yet we want the govt to make a law to tell our daughters and wives not to have abortions. What if the actual number is 70%?

The intention of my post was not exact statistical accuracy but rather the irrationality of asking the govt to handle our children and our brothers and sisters. :)

Scott D
11/23/2010, 11:37 PM
I can't believe how many of you are being taken in by this guy's schtick.

It wasn't even a few weeks ago he was proclaiming the death of the Democratic party, and how evil and bad Obama was.

OhU1
11/23/2010, 11:37 PM
Eventually, anyone who wears a tie to work will be classified as "rich". Anyone not declaring belief in a supernatural deity will be classified as a liberal. :P

Collier11
11/24/2010, 12:56 AM
This thread is full of OP fail

OUthunder
11/24/2010, 01:40 AM
This thread is full of OP fail

Werd, hard work, luck, and common sense, sometime can make you a good living.

Hell, one good idea is all you need.

Collier11
11/24/2010, 01:46 AM
Like mine, the butt filter...that way you can walk around all day busting azz and no one has to smell it :D

OUthunder
11/24/2010, 01:49 AM
Like mine, the butt filter...that way you can walk around all day busting azz and no one has to smell it :D

Yours for the low low price of $4.99.

Whet
11/24/2010, 01:56 AM

I don't know if that clothes pin on your nose is really a butt filter..... :P

Lott's Bandana
11/24/2010, 08:51 AM
Are you on welfare?

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS!!!

Um...not exactly. (see: New England)
Many, many more counties in CA are Republican, however, with the exception of Orange County, they are rarely in the metro areas. Of course, this is typical nationwide.

http://b.imagehost.org/0227/redbluemap.jpg (http://b.imagehost.org/view/0227/redbluemap)

landrun
11/24/2010, 09:16 AM
I'm only going to say to this post this: the point is not the exact number of women, the link of the study, but rather the trend which you yourself have observed, that christian women have abortions, but yet we want the govt to make a law to tell our daughters and wives not to have abortions. What if the actual number is 70%?

The intention of my post was not exact statistical accuracy but rather the irrationality of asking the govt to handle our children and our brothers and sisters. :)

What if it's just 10%? You seem to be arguing that because some women in churches have had abortions that the church has forfeited its right to speak out about it. Just because the woman sitting next to me in church has had an abortion doesn't mean that I have I no right to have an opinion against it. If it’s wrong it’s wrong, no matter who has done it. And I, you and the rest of the church, have the obligation and right to stand up and say so.

And no, the church isn't asking the government to handle our children. They're pointing out that abortion is morally wrong.

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/24/2010, 01:14 PM
The point is, you are asking for government expansion while in the same breath bemoaning the size of the government.

All free market believers should believe in planned parenthood, it is only a business that provides a service. Anyone who disagrees with Planned Parenthood is a dirty liberal who wants the government more involved in our daily lives.

Caboose
11/24/2010, 02:15 PM
The point is, you are asking for government expansion while in the same breath bemoaning the size of the government.

All free market believers should believe in planned parenthood, it is only a business that provides a service. Anyone who disagrees with Planned Parenthood is a dirty liberal who wants the government more involved in our daily lives.

Fail.

Leroy Lizard
11/24/2010, 02:20 PM

Dude, that is totally irrational. I mean, your post is so far from rational that it's a toll call.

So let me fill you in: All people, no matter what their political hangups, believe that certain acts of commerce should be made illegal.

I can't hire someone to kill my students when they complain about their grades, for instance. Sure, in your ideal world where I should be free to make any transaction I want free from government intrusion, it would be. But that's not the way the world works nor is it supposed to work like that.

You will respond that killing people deprives them of liberty and shouldn't be protected under the guise of free market theory. But gee, that kind of goes back to the argument about whether abortion is tantamount to depriving someone of their right to life, doesn't it?

IMO, these abortion arguments arise from people's inability to understand the other person's point of view, which is magnificently embodied in the drivel you posted.

Blue
1/24/2011, 12:51 AM
Wait, I thought Nate was a Republican?

Blue
1/24/2011, 12:53 AM
6ulS_0M52-Y

Mixer!
1/24/2011, 01:41 AM
Don't tax you
Don't tax me
Tax the man
behind the tree

Midtowner
1/24/2011, 07:08 AM
Neither party makes much sense to me. Neocon Republicans most of all. Start two wars, expand entitlements and cut taxes to pay for it. Dems want to be economic Robin Hoods because making "too much" money just ain't right.

Eff both of 'em.

Sooner in Tampa
1/24/2011, 09:46 AM
This is one of the worst threads in SF.com history...and that's saying something

Bourbon St Sooner
1/24/2011, 10:36 AM
This Nate guy is one of the best trolls evAr. Any thread he starts is sure to go 4 pages.

IndySooner
1/24/2011, 11:02 AM

EXACTLY! I have a rich uncle. That means 10% of my family is rich. EVERYONE is college educated. EVERYONE is at the top of their profession. One makes over $250K.

sappstuf
1/24/2011, 11:18 AM

Planned Parenthood receives over $300 million annually from the government.. Tell me again what that has to do with the free market?

Sooner5030
1/24/2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regional/gdp_state/gsp_newsrelease.htm

Okieville did have the highest % GDP growth of any state in 2009. Not bad for a bunch of hicks. Also GDP per cap is pretty much in the middle of the 50 states.