PDA

View Full Version : 81-16-7

SoonerBorn68
11/22/2010, 10:25 PM
Not worthy of having the B word attached to it.

http://thelandryhat.com/files/2009/01/empty-case.jpg

EatLeadCommie
11/22/2010, 11:39 PM
Is there any other in-state rivalry this lopsided?

SOONER44EVER
11/22/2010, 11:40 PM
Is there any other in-state rivalry this lopsided?
No.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2010, 11:40 PM
right on...not much of a rivalry for OU

Tigeman
11/23/2010, 12:49 AM
So I made this post on Facebook yesterday....

Lets make this clear! The OU/OSU game is not "Bedlam". It is only referred to it as such by Pokes and the Media. No self respecting OU fan would ever call it that. It also is not a rivalry for us, so lets get that out the way while we're at it. Now that all of that is cleared up, lets get ready for a good game!Oh wow, what a $hit storm that set off w/ the poke fans that are on my friends list. The responses were absolutely amusing... Here's one example

You lost to A&M and we beat them!! You should really be a little more humble, your giving OU fans a horrible reputation!The worst part.... she's also a major Whorns fan, in addition to a Poke. If she weren't hot as hell, I may have had to block her. There's lots more that followed that motif. I got a good laugh. So easy to poke and prod.

SOONER44EVER
11/23/2010, 01:25 AM
I just posted it on my facebook. I added a bit to it. Lets see what the pokes say. :D

Lets make this clear! The "OU-OSU" game is not "bedlam". It is only referred to it as such by Pokes and the Media. No self respecting OU fan would ever call it that. It also is not a rivalry for us, so lets get that out the way while we're at it. 81-16-7 does not constitute a rivalry. Now that all of that is cleared up, lets get ready for a good game!

Tigeman
11/23/2010, 01:47 AM
HAHA! Copy Cat ;)

Only bad part on mine was I had one of our own try to argue that she called it the B word and so does OU so it's ok. I just had to give her a big facepalm!

But you might wanna sit down, as you'll be laughing so hard that you'll have a hard time catching your breath if you have any Poke fans in your friends list.

silverwheels
11/23/2010, 01:50 AM
I think the reason that Poke fans are so ignorant about the football series against OU is that they can't count as high as 81, so they don't think it's as lopsided as it really is.

SOONER44EVER
11/23/2010, 01:56 AM
HAHA! Copy Cat ;)

Only bad part on mine was I had one of our own try to argue that she called it the B word and so does OU so it's ok. I just had to give her a big facepalm!

But you might wanna sit down, as you'll be laughing so hard that you'll have a hard time catching your breath if you have any Poke fans in your friends list.

I have several pokes on my list. The coolest thing about beating osu is that you won't see 1 single orange shirt anywhere for weeks. Its amazing how fast they disappear. :D

85sooners
11/23/2010, 02:26 AM
Pokes are gay

SoonerMarkVA
11/23/2010, 09:46 AM
You know you suck it bad when "ties" is right on the heels of your "wins".

sooner_kaufy
11/23/2010, 09:54 AM
But we have 415 national championships in wrasslin!!!! [hairGel]

devOUt
11/23/2010, 11:31 AM
OU>osu

jumperstop
11/23/2010, 11:43 AM
I've never had a problem calling it the b word. It's what it's called. I think some of you guys are too anal about **** like that. I don't want to have to say OU-losur every time I talk about it. By calling it that I'm not admitting that we aren't dominate in the series.

badger
11/23/2010, 12:05 PM
Forgive them, they aren't used to beating A&M, even at home, even if they're favored:
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/149/aggystunned2.jpg

Mad Dog Madsen
11/23/2010, 12:18 PM
http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_156000/DS_156480_xl.jpg

SoonerPr8r
11/23/2010, 12:25 PM
I think everyone with a FB profile should put that as their status and use this thread for posting the replies.

SoonerPr8r
11/23/2010, 08:17 PM
This is what I got from a friend of mine in 2 separate comments.
Bedlam is derived from Bethlehem and for some reason was used to describe insane asylums in the 16th century. Let me consult my OED for further information.

‎2. The Hospital of St. Mary of Bethlehem, used as an asylum for the reception and cure of mentally deranged persons; originally situated in Bishopsgate, in 1676 rebuilt near London Wall, and in 1815 transferred to Lambeth. Jack or Tom o' B...edlam: a madman
3. By extension: A lunatic asylum, a madhouse b. abstr. Madness, lunacy. Also interjectionally.

This explains everything. They are all certifiable.

SoonerSnook
11/23/2010, 08:26 PM
It is the B word for more than football. It goes across all sports anytime OU-pokes play each other. It is a series not just a football game. That is what the Media is referring to.

OUthunder
11/23/2010, 09:28 PM
Not worthy of having the B word attached to it.

http://thelandryhat.com/files/2009/01/empty-case.jpg

BITCH SLAPPED!

agoo758
11/23/2010, 09:33 PM
So I made this post on Facebook yesterday....

Oh wow, what a $hit storm that set off w/ the poke fans that are on my friends list. The responses were absolutely amusing... Here's one example

The worst part.... she's also a major Whorns fan, in addition to a Poke. If she weren't hot as hell, I may have had to block her. There's lots more that followed that motif. I got a good laugh. So easy to poke and prod.

I suggest you get to know hot OU women for a change......

soonerchk
11/23/2010, 10:20 PM
I already explained to them multiple times that when the series record is that lopsided, we don't really feel it necessary to get all crazy. You wanna know what the fool poke said? "You know we're going to win when all the OU fans have is history."

Yeah, he's blocked until at least Sunday.

silverwheels
11/24/2010, 12:00 AM
I already explained to them multiple times that when the series record is that lopsided, we don't really feel it necessary to get all crazy. You wanna know what the fool poke said? "You know we're going to win when all the OU fans have is history."

Yeah, he's blocked until at least Sunday.

They say that every year. And 80% of the time, we beat them, every time.

SoonerPr8r
11/24/2010, 12:11 AM
I got some mascot smack

I'd pick a cowboy anyday to whoopass on two prancing ponies.....except of course if it was ballet....but since this is football I'll go with the Cowboys. Ride 'em Cowboys! Go Pokes!