PDA

View Full Version : Pokes please explain something to me...

Tigeman
11/22/2010, 07:07 PM
Why is it an overwhelmingly large number of you guys are * fans? I don't get it. I would say approximately 60% of the Pokes I know are also TX fans. They even go so far as to wear their gear sometimes.

Is it a thing that they're our rival so you like them, b/c they hate us and we hate them? And no, I'm not talking about liking them only when they play us.

I would think you would dislike anyone in your conference that gives you some competition year in and year out. I could understand liking schools from other conferences, but not a team that perennially whips your a$$. Especially w/ the way the games normally go.

I never would have known this hidden fault w/o facebook though. It's amazing how it shows up on there.

85sooners
11/22/2010, 07:09 PM
:gary:

osucowboy344
11/22/2010, 07:10 PM
Why is it an overwhelmingly large number of you guys are * fans? I don't get it. I would say approximately 60% of the Pokes I know are also TX fans. They even go so far as to where their gear sometimes.

Is it a thing that they're our rival so you like them, b/c they hate us and we hate them? And no, I'm not talking about liking them only when they play us.

I would think you would dislike anyone in your conference that gives you some competition year in and year out. I could understand liking schools from other conferences, but not a team that perennially whips your a$$. Especially w/ the way the games normally go.

I never would have known this hidden fault w/o facebook though. It's amazing how it shows up on there.

What are you talking about SAXET sucks!:texan: Horns down horn sideways Texas and OSU are the boomers bitch

toast
11/22/2010, 07:10 PM
it's not that they like *, they just can't read and the stuff is orange so they buy it.

osucowboy344
11/22/2010, 07:25 PM
it's not that they like *, they just can't read and the stuff is orange so they buy it.

Yea we buy orange so are sheep know who their master are. * sucks :texan:

47straight
11/22/2010, 07:54 PM
I agree tigeman. Every complaint I've heard about OU or OU fans, would go double for Texas.

CrimsonRez
11/22/2010, 08:00 PM
osu sucks :D

OSUAggie
11/22/2010, 08:19 PM
What's not to like about Texas?

Dwight
11/22/2010, 08:21 PM
zomg this is guy is the worst troll evar ^^

sooner518
11/22/2010, 08:35 PM
I like how OSU calls OU, "UO" and A&M calls UT, "TU". You'd think the agroids would have some kind of agreement on which one it really is.

In other news, this troll is about the least clever, most unfunny internet troll ever.

stoopified
11/22/2010, 08:36 PM
Pokes like anyone who can beat OU....since they rarely pull that off themselves.I saw a bunch of oSu fans celebrating Texas's 16-13 win over OU last year,oddly enough they were strangely quiet about 42-14.

The Pukes traditinally celebrate OU losses as if they were T.Boone State victories.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/22/2010, 08:41 PM
I like how OSU calls OU, "UO" and A&M calls UT, "TU". You'd think the agroids would have some kind of agreement on which one it really is.

In other news, this troll is about the least clever, most unfunny internet troll ever.

all the inbreeding has made them dyslexic...

SoonerPr8r
11/22/2010, 09:47 PM

Yea I tried out the ignore list feature and I am now troll free. I can now read threads without being bombarded with weak sauce.

bluedogok
11/22/2010, 10:31 PM
Yea we buy orange so are sheep know who their master are. * sucks :texan:
Plus they have signs....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs998.snc4/77155_10150118642515278_579120277_7620962_3131669_ n.jpg

soonercastor
11/23/2010, 02:58 AM
How does that saying goes? "Qui s'assemble se ressemble." Makes perfect sense to me why they like each other.

Sooner_Tuf
11/23/2010, 05:00 AM
Would you rather wear an orange hat with a Longhorn on it or an orange shirt with 27-0 on it?

That is what it boils down to.

SoonersEnFuego
11/23/2010, 07:32 AM
Why is it an overwhelmingly large number of you guys are * fans? I don't get it. I would say approximately 60% of the Pokes I know are also TX fans. They even go so far as to wear their gear sometimes.

Haven't you heard their (most of them) arguement stating that you can't be a real fan unless you graduate from that school? I've heard this numerous times from oSu fans.

Probably because nobody in their right mind would root for their team unless they didn't have to.

birddog
11/23/2010, 08:27 AM
osu fans come out every 10-12 years to showboat about a new 'Ride Em Rag' towel or a shiny new fancy offense.

they get a whiff of something other than our jocks and they just don't know how to contain themselves.

i'm thousands of miles from the nearest humper and the last i heard peep out of em was in 2001 when they enjoyed a tremendously successful season (was it a .500 record?).

oSuJeff1997
11/23/2010, 09:52 AM

A statistic like that posted on a message board HAS to be true!

I honestly have no freaking clue what you're talking about. I can't think of a single one of my OSU friends who is also a "Texas fan"... in fact I have about five good friends (all OSU alums) who live in Austin... and they hate the s**t out of Texas.

CrimsonRez
11/23/2010, 10:10 AM
Boone Pickens' Basement??? Really? God we don't even have to make fun of your retarded post. Your location gives us all the ammo we need :D

KantoSooner
11/23/2010, 10:34 AM

I honestly have no freaking clue what you're talking about. I can't think of a single one of my OSU friends who is also a "Texas fan"... in fact I have about five good friends (all OSU alums) who live in Austin... and they hate the s**t out of Texas.

Thank you! You have a fine future ahead of you in the field of international diplomacy. Find that common ground.

soonerhubs
11/23/2010, 01:32 PM
Pokes like anyone who can beat OU....since they rarely pull that off themselves.I saw a bunch of oSu fans celebrating Texas's 16-13 win over OU last year,oddly enough they were strangely quiet about 42-14.

The Pukes traditinally celebrate OU losses as if they were T.Boone State victories.

Apparently this isn't just a problem with the OSU fanbase.

See below:

Never root for *

By definition that makes you a * HATER, so unless a * win directly impacts (positively) our chances to move up the rankings or any other positive reason YOU HAVE to root for them to lose.

I'm still scratching my head at the folks who cheered for * against SUC and Bama.

Cheering for * is like being a traitor against your own people.

The prospect of the whorns finishing all alone DEAD LAST in the Big XII South makes me as giddy as a school girl. If it isn't enough to rid you of this silly notion then you must be insane.

We WIN WE'RE IN!!!!

OSU (10-2) will be ranked ahead of A&M (9-3) when we beat them, so there will be at LEAST one team between us and A&M. So we win the South with a win.

I'll be rooting for A&M...I mean against *. ***** Texas

:pop:

The lesson for today class is to be careful about throwing stereotypes on any fan-base. For those stereotypes find their way back to the thrower quicker than we like to admit.

I'm just sayin...

Sooner_Tuf
11/23/2010, 01:37 PM

Hey Jeff!

Welcome to Sooner Fans. I always wondered why you didn't post here. Seeing as how you are on every other football board sucking off everyone. We need a guy with your talents here.

Tigeman
11/23/2010, 02:35 PM

Well like I stated it's 60% of the Poke fans that I know that are also * fans. Out of the 21 friends on my facebook that are blatant Poke fans, 12 of them are also Whorns fans (yes I realize it's not really 60% but I'm rounding up here). That includes 3 of my college wrestling friends that wrestled for the Pokes, 2 who's fathers attended OSU, and 3 others who have degrees from OSU. Then there's the others who didn't attend a school at all. Some have lived in both states yet some have no affiliation w/ the state of * at all. There's even one who gets a pass as he attended both schools. I realize this is a small sample size, but it is a random sample never the less. I highly doubt you'd ever see a situation like that w/ ANY OU sample. Hell even my aunt and Uncle are both OSU grads and former athletes there, yet there daughter is attending UT and they go to every * football home game, even though they live in Dallas. I don't get it!

ThinMan
11/23/2010, 02:48 PM
After we beat Texas, there were several OSU fans on shaggybevo consoling them saying, "it's okay, you will anal rape our team". Apparently offering their anus for console.

I guessthey took it back at game time, but it was awfully nice, not to mention gay, of them.