PDA

View Full Version : Observations from 1st time in Waco

Knippz
11/22/2010, 03:22 PM
1. Baylor has the worst fan base I've ever seen. I went to a D2 school for a couple of years, and they had a better fan base than Baylor. The stadium was roughly 75% full during the 1st half, and over halfway empty for the second half. After half, there were easily more OU fans than Baylor fans in their own stadium. Maybe they would have a shot at winning if they could actually get some fans to come to the games, make some noise, and stay linger than the 1st half.

2. It felt like I was at a high school game. We parked in the grass about 70 yards from our entrance. It was the shortest distance I've ever had to walk to get into a football game (high school included) ever, which was nice. Their stadium was very small too. To top it off, their tiny "jumbo-tron" screen didn't even work for the first half. That meant no replays of Finch's beastly TD run, etc. Also, the teams locker room was right next to our section, and we were able to stand right outside it and watch the players enter the stadium, which was pretty cool.

3. RG III is no Mike Vick.

4. It didn't seem like the Baylor fans thought they had even a little chance of winning. I mean, in reality they didn't, but it was a home game during their best season since before 2Pac died. They didn't even get up for this game. It was pathetic.

5. Baylor may never beat us. Seriously, they match up horribly with us every year. The last 14 games we have won by an average margin of 25 points.

This wast first time in Waco, and overall a great experience. Everything throughout the day went smoothly with no issues. Great parking, no traffic, great seats at a cheap price, blowout, and the Baylor fans were friendly. That said, Baylor has a LONG way to go to be competitive with us.

CrimsonRez
11/22/2010, 03:38 PM
How much **** talk did you get from 'em?

ouwasp
11/22/2010, 03:56 PM
I got ZERO. I heard one guy mouthing to a buddy that the number of Sooner fans present was "disgusting". And he was one of those flat-bill retard types. So who cares what he thinks.

ashley
11/22/2010, 03:58 PM
1. Baylor has the worst fan base I've ever seen. I went to a D2 school for a couple of years, and they had a better fan base than Baylor. The stadium was roughly 75% full during the 1st half, and over halfway empty for the second half. After half, there were easily more OU fans than Baylor fans in their own stadium. Maybe they would have a shot at winning if they could actually get some fans to come to the games, make some noise, and stay linger than the 1st half.

2. It felt like I was at a high school game. We parked in the grass about 70 yards from our entrance. It was the shortest distance I've ever had to walk to get into a football game (high school included) ever, which was nice. Their stadium was very small too. To top it off, their tiny "jumbo-tron" screen didn't even work for the first half. That meant no replays of Finch's beastly TD run, etc. Also, the teams locker room was right next to our section, and we were able to stand right outside it and watch the players enter the stadium, which was pretty cool.

3. RG III is no Mike Vick.

4. It didn't seem like the Baylor fans thought they had even a little chance of winning. I mean, in reality they didn't, but it was a home game during their best season since before 2Pac died. They didn't even get up for this game. It was pathetic.

5. Baylor may never beat us. Seriously, they match up horribly with us every year. The last 14 games we have won by an average margin of 25 points.

This wast first time in Waco, and overall a great experience. Everything throughout the day went smoothly with no issues. Great parking, no traffic, great seats at a cheap price, blowout, and the Baylor fans were friendly. That said, Baylor has a LONG way to go to be competitive with us.

classy post

OhU1
11/22/2010, 04:13 PM

Didn't Baylor take us to double overtime at home in 2005? But I agree, it may be another 20 years before they get another good shot.

Breadburner
11/22/2010, 04:42 PM
Flat Bill Retards...Lol..I know exactly who you are talking about....

flyou11
11/22/2010, 07:48 PM
I thought Baylor was a fun trip. This was my second time to go to Waco. Its an alright town to spend a weekend at. Well the Dr. Pepper museum has good real Dr. Pepper. That's about it. But the game was good. Good view no matter where you sit. Almost like a Sooner home game. The fans are actually really nice.

mdklatt
11/22/2010, 09:05 PM
I've been to the past three games in Waco, but not this one. I was wondering if this year would finally be the year that Baylor fans outnumbered OU fans. I guess not. It sounded like an OU home game on TV. I've never had any problems with the fans there.

5noubus
11/22/2010, 09:56 PM
Thus was our second trip to Waco . I like going because it's close, easy and cheap! I think Baylor has awesome fans for showing up at all. They are there doing their little bear roar thing all the while knowing they aren't going to win. With the meltdown OUr fans have when we loose 1-2 games I don't think many would show up if we had baylors record.
We are treated with nothing but respect by people we meet. Makes me wonder if they don't have many visitors. When our family goes to the store or something decked in our Ou stuff they stare and ask questions almost like we are celeberties! ( or maybe they just think we are crazy!) I haven't seen many students so not sure they would be as nice.

OKLA21FAN
11/22/2010, 09:59 PM
Thus was our second trip to Waco . I like going because it's close, easy and cheap! I think Baylor has awesome fans for showing up at all. They are there doing their little bear roar thing all the while knowing they aren't going to win. With the meltdown OUr fans have when we loose 1-2 games I don't think many would show up if we had baylors record.
We are treated with nothing but respect by people we meet. Makes me wonder if they don't have many visitors. When our family goes to the store or something decked in our Ou stuff they stare and ask questions almost like we are celeberties! ( or maybe they just think we are crazy!) I haven't seen many students so not sure they would be as nice.
It was a pleasure to RV next to you guys! Your family is a great role model for the OU 'travel fan' .

5noubus
11/22/2010, 10:46 PM
It was a pleasure to RV next to you guys! Your family is a great role model for the OU 'travel fan' .

Hey! Thanks so much, we had a great time! Btw I sent you a pm.

I also noticed a lot of generic fans. Fans that aren't there for Baylor or Ou just came to see a good cheap fb game. Saw that at the sun bowl too.
Guy next to me had a Tcu shirt on???? Someone said boomer! After we said sooner! Someone yelled go Dallas cowboys ??? Wth?