PDA

View Full Version : Husker fans? What do you think of Bo?

cleller
11/22/2010, 08:47 AM
Until this latest dust-up I thought Bo was containing pretty well. Now there's the latest episode of the coach-kid-daddy drama going on. Throw in Smashcam Carl, and it gets even more interesting.

I think the Pelini's have done a good job, but what's the mood up there?

Any worries they are going Bobby Knight? Scaring away recruits?

The main positive I see in Osbourne, think he can straighten things out if anyone can.

Breadburner
11/22/2010, 08:56 AM
Is this the Husker board...????

cleller
11/22/2010, 09:03 AM
Shoot, there's always some smart Huskers around here. Objective ones.

royalfan5
11/22/2010, 09:10 AM
If Pelini wins games he can do what ever he wants as long as he doesn't punch a player on TV. If he loses games he shouldn't it will get real ugly real fast.

batonrougesooner
11/22/2010, 09:12 AM
If he loses games he shouldn't it will get real ugly real fast.

Like the Texas and Texas AM games?

royalfan5
11/22/2010, 09:19 AM

Losing to CU friday and pissing away the North would be much worse.

badger
11/22/2010, 09:49 AM
Send him to the Big Ten!

HUSKAZZ
11/22/2010, 10:23 AM
Since you asked. It was embarrassing to see the face of our program act like my 7 year old when I shut off iCarly! Lots of penalties. Yes. Were they questionable? Maybe a couple. But illegal procedure, and not enough guys on the LOS. Those are all on the coaches. His actions were very damaging to the program. I can't say I would want my son/sons playing for a coach like that. I did make the trip to college station. It was awesome. The crowd was rocking! We walked through the aggie tailgate lots across from stadium. Had a few barbs thrown our way, no biggie. But everyone offered us food and brews. Had a great time, would go back in a minute.

OULenexaman
11/22/2010, 10:30 AM
I love nebbish meltdowns.....

jthomas666
11/22/2010, 01:35 PM
Given the abominable officiating in the Neb-Aggie game, I'd give him credit for not taking a swing at the officials. The roughing the passer penalty that kept A&M's winning drive alive was a joke.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/22/2010, 02:37 PM
Since you asked. It was embarrassing to see the face of our program act like my 7 year old when I shut off iCarly! Lots of penalties. Yes. Were they questionable? Maybe a couple. But illegal procedure, and not enough guys on the LOS. Those are all on the coaches. His actions were very damaging to the program. I can't say I would want my son/sons playing for a coach like that. I did make the trip to college station. It was awesome. The crowd was rocking! We walked through the aggie tailgate lots across from stadium. Had a few barbs thrown our way, no biggie. But everyone offered us food and brews. Had a great time, would go back in a minute.

Agree he needs to cool it, but I'd suggest you sit down and watch it on tv if you can. It was more than a "couple". I'd say NU with 10 penalties would have been fair. What wasn't was A&M only getting two, for 10 yards.

Breadburner
11/22/2010, 02:47 PM
When fans...Boosters....Major Donors...Players Daddy's start to run your program you are ****ed.....

Whet
11/22/2010, 03:01 PM
Plus, Bo pees himself during big games.

Booner
11/22/2010, 03:54 PM
Seemed like he was unhinged.

The only questionable penalty I saw was the roughing the passer penalty. But after the constant abuse he dished from the sidelines, I'm sure the refs weren't going to err on his side.

huskerland
11/22/2010, 04:22 PM
Bo has complete backing at NU! On one site I read that there must be something in the water that Bo and Bob have been drinking.. I don't think Bob knows all of the cuss words though. Bo knows! *LOL" Anyway I hope this hasn't been posted. It could eliminate a few Internet rumors! There is no meltdown at NU!

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=100&id=735976&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=100

VA Sooner
11/22/2010, 04:27 PM
Lost his cool on a frustrating night. A few questionable calls but the big ones were procedural, I agree. The one that would have pushed me over the edge was the very last one... roughing the passer in what looked to me like a clean hit and should have been reviewed since it had an effect on the outcome of the game.

But so did the ineffectiveness of the Husker offense once Martinez was out. Can't ride the season on one player... look at Michigan's Denard Robinson.

Huskers will settle down and take the North but it won't be easy against a resurgent Colorado. Will still need to find a way to make points...

3rdgensooner
11/22/2010, 04:29 PM
I can't count the number of times a Sooner fan has lamented about missing Mike Stoops fire on the sideline. I don't see how Pelini is much different from that.

cccasooner2
11/22/2010, 04:35 PM
I think the question would be answered better elsewhere (or at least get more replies). Not too many Husker fans around these parts.

soonerbub
11/22/2010, 04:55 PM

Like Penn State and Northwestern?

;)

GimmeRed
11/22/2010, 05:26 PM
Bo handled himself very poorly and made a bad situation worse. I've been there done that myself and had to apologize for my own behavior. Bo did the same. Fortunately for me I never did it in front of a national audience.

This was a poorly called game but the history goes a little deeper then this one game. This was the 3rd Big XII game that this bunch did involving Nebraska this year. Texas, ISU. and aTm. In those games The Huskers were flagged at about a 4:1 margin over the opponents. In the other games it has been very even.

Nebraska only has 1 or 2 games left involving Big XII teams, I'm looking forward to a fresh start next year.

badger
11/22/2010, 05:28 PM
Nebraska only has 1 or 2 games left involving Big XII teams, I'm looking forward to a fresh start next year.

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!

;) just kidding. good luck in the Big Ten. Sorry in advance for what we'll do to your team next week.

thecynic
11/22/2010, 05:36 PM
Just for the record, I'm not mad a Nebraska for leaving the Big 12, I'm mad at Texas for Nebraska leaving the big 12. We lose one of our most historic and treasured rivals because Texas gets to run the show. I hate Texas. I wish Nebraska all the luck in the world in the big 10. After what has happened through the years and (at least their perception of it) I don't blame them for leaving.
Pellini is embarrassing, but if he wins the North or the conference title all will be forgiven.

GimmeRed
11/22/2010, 06:08 PM
DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!

;) just kidding. good luck in the Big Ten. Sorry in advance for what we'll do to your team next week.

What? You're going to root for Okie lite? :D

badger
11/22/2010, 06:21 PM
What? You're going to root for Okie lite? :D

No but truth be told, we owe Mizzou an arse whuppin' so I wouldn't might rooting against you now :mad:

;) just kidding, would rather beat you guys for the last Big 12 Championship game

Crucifax Autumn
11/22/2010, 06:32 PM
Bo knows azz-chewing.

Football Jim
11/22/2010, 06:51 PM
Sorry in advance husker fans.

It seems that no matter what, the typical husker fan worships everything husker.
It is very much a cult type religion to them.
When Solich was fired all we heard was how good Slash Callahan was and how good their stupid AD was, Peterson I believe was the clowns name.
They were part of the religion. Then they lost a few too many games then out you go. They are hated now.
Enter Bo and Bro, they are the new high priests and can do no wrong.......

Anyway it seems that the nebbish have really become whiners since 2000 or so. I hope they enjoy the Big 10. I hope they like all the cold weather games with the traditional early EST starts to the games, which really will be hard on the folks in western NE. Also, the corn will most likely be treated as outsiders for a generation or more. Way too much established tradition entrenched. They are happy with the move now but the honeymoon will soon wear off.

I for one can't wait to see them gone since I hate drama queens and the Nebbish really remind me of that.

Now back to OU. Whip Okie light :stunned: