PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Martinez Rumor

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:12 PM
Ok, so the rumors about Taylor Martinez quitting Nebraska are flying. Does anyone know anything more about this situation?

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID=928&fid=181&style=2&tid=139121109&Page=3

Collier11
11/21/2010, 08:14 PM
Havent heard a thing but I can tell you if he quits, they will lose to CU next week and Mizzou will win the North, lol

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:14 PM
How crazy has this season been?

NorCal Sooner
11/21/2010, 08:17 PM
I have no idea why he would leave. He is a freshman and has been the starter for most of the season. He has had some really good games. What more does he want? If he is that pissed because he got a little *** chewing, he really doesn't belong in Div 1-A football.

MeMyself&Me
11/21/2010, 08:18 PM
WOW, IF true, I guess he missed the 'Best that Never Was' memo eh.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:19 PM
Apparently it may have something to do with the *** chewing he got during the A&M game.

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/11/21/did-taylor-call-his-dad-during-the-am-game/

soonercastor
11/21/2010, 08:19 PM

heh

Football Jim
11/21/2010, 08:20 PM
Judging by the pure lack of emotion that TM showed while an out of control Pelini was screaming at him and poking him, I would say there might be some legs to this story.
Seems to me TM was giving his coach a simple F U stare down. Either way there is trouble in cornland.

soonerinkaty
11/21/2010, 08:21 PM
Wonder where he transfers too..

Scott D
11/21/2010, 08:23 PM
I'm sure Chadron State is looking forward to him.

goingoneight
11/21/2010, 08:24 PM
How soon we forget what happened to houston nutt and Mitch Mustain...

Okie35
11/21/2010, 08:24 PM
Judging by the pure lack of emotion that TM showed while an out of control Pelini was screaming at him and poking him, I would say there might be some legs to this story.
Seems to me TM was giving his coach a simple F U stare down. Either way there is trouble in cornland.

Martinez was clearly hurt and Bo was pushing him to suck it up.

setem
11/21/2010, 08:26 PM
I saw him getting chewed out and that was nothing! Anyone who thinks Pelini should be in trouble for this is a dumbo. He is the coach he gets to chew their *** all he wants. What did he do btw?

ATX Sooner
11/21/2010, 08:26 PM
the betteroffred site is down.

Okie35
11/21/2010, 08:27 PM
I saw him getting chewed out and that was nothing! Anyone who thinks Pelini should be in trouble for this is a dumbo. He is the coach he gets to chew their *** all he wants. What did he do btw?

Taylor Martinez hurt his ankle last night and on the sidelines Pelini was seen chewing out his quarterback about something, but it wasn't clear why. Martinez was standing there and taking the abuse as a red-faced Pelini poked him in the chest pulled at the collar of his jersey.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523252-ufc-123-results-michael-vick-colts-vs-patriots-and-sunday-top-sports-news/entry/30422-bo-pelini-nebraska-coach-yells-at-quarterback-referees-in-loss

Martinez clearly wasn't into it because I'm sure he was still hurting I remember switching it over and he was going to the locker room earlier in the game because his ankle was still bothering him then in the 2nd half that incident happened. Of course the refs didn't help either.

Scott D
11/21/2010, 08:27 PM
How soon we forget what happened to houston nutt and Mitch Mustain...

not to mention how well that worked out for Mustain...who finally saw significant playing time for the first time since he left Arkansas...THIS WEEKEND.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:29 PM

Ok, still had it up in another window.

http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/11/21/did-taylor-call-his-dad-during-the-am-game/

Did Taylor Call His Dad During the A&M Game?

By now everyone in the college football world is aware that Bo Pelini lit up Taylor Martinez on the sideline during one of Bo’s major meltdowns during the A&M game.

This one was particularly vicious, and the timing was odd — Martinez had just returned from the locker room after presumably having his ankle worked on during the second quarter.

ABC showed the very tail end of the reaming at the 8:11 mark, and then about a minute later ABC replayed almost the entire thing.

With a little amateur lip reading and jumping back and forth, it appears that Bo stormed up to Martinez and said this:

“If you ****ing call your dad on the ****ing field during a game again it’ll be the last ****ing thing you ever do. Now get your ****ing *** [out/down/out of?] here mother ****er.”

Note that Bo also popped back for a few more words right after the first berating (and right before ABC showed the replay) at the 8:03 mark. We couldn’t see what Bo said that time, but we did clearly see what Taylor muttered in Bo’s general direction after he walked away:

“****ing bitch.”

The video below captures most of this, but is too grainy to be very helpful — if someone has better video please share.
Article Tags:

Bo Pelini, Nebraska Cornhuskers, taylor martinez, Texas A&M Aggies

OUEngr1990
11/21/2010, 08:30 PM
Someone needs to Fed-ex him a DVD copy of "The Best that Never was", before he makes his decision, LOL.

oumartin
11/21/2010, 08:31 PM
Ok, still had it up in another window.

where's the video. this could get good

sooner59
11/21/2010, 08:31 PM

Wow, that was fast. I was just looking at that site.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:33 PM
where's the video. this could get good

The video was posted to youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqUD5PBWnE&feature=player_embedded

Also interesting was this article I was able to pull from the site before it went down:

Chancellor Perlman Takes Notice

ESPN and others have picked up the story:

[Nebraska Chancellor Harvey] Perlman told The Associated Press on Sunday that Pelini’s verbal assault of officials during Saturday’s game at Texas A&M did not reflect well on the university or the football program.

“I think it was very unfortunate,” Perlman said, “and I think it’s something we’ll have to address with Bo.”

The game was televised on ABC, and Perlman said he felt uneasy about the numerous camera shots of Pelini’s outbursts. Perlman spoke Sunday morning with athletic director Tom Osborne about Pelini’s conduct, and the chancellor said he, Osborne or both would talk to Pelini about his decorum.

Perlman wouldn’t speculate on whether disciplinary action would be taken.

“Bo has a lot of passion for his football team,” Perlman said, “and there is a strong upside to that. But again, overall, the conduct was unfortunate last night.”

oumartin
11/21/2010, 08:35 PM
yep, you could get those comments from that video... :eek:

Okie35
11/21/2010, 08:36 PM
The video was posted to youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqUD5PBWnE&feature=player_embedded

Also interesting was this article I was able to pull from the site before it went down:

wow nevermind then I thought he left to get looked at after half but it couldn't have been because it was before that incident

Veritas
11/21/2010, 08:46 PM
Old rumor from the summer, y'all.

ashley
11/21/2010, 08:48 PM
Havent heard a thing but I can tell you if he quits, they will lose to CU next week and Mizzou will win the North, lol

Tell me you are kidding.

Collier11
11/21/2010, 08:49 PM
without a QB Neb wouldnt beat Mizzou...Cody Greene hasnt shown a thing this year

JLEW1818
11/21/2010, 08:49 PM
it's very possible. I mean Nebraska did lose to texas at home.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:51 PM
I always thought Pelini reminded me of someone but I never could put my finger on it till now..

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/_gamergirlx_/Sports/Bo_Pelini_extreme_closeup_and_extremely_angry.jpg http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/_gamergirlx_/Sports/voldemort2.jpg

JLEW1818
11/21/2010, 08:53 PM
I always thought Pelini reminded me of someone but I never could put my finger on it till now..

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/_gamergirlx_/Sports/Bo_Pelini_extreme_closeup_and_extremely_angry.jpg http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w276/_gamergirlx_/Sports/voldemort2.jpg

nice work!!!!!

now please fark Harry Potters face on Taylor Martinez face, getting chewed out

:D :D

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 08:53 PM
lol I can't fark em, I just find em

oudivesherpa
11/21/2010, 08:59 PM
Tech and KU fired coaches for almost the same thing. But wait, Tech and KU were losers.

Chiliman
11/21/2010, 09:02 PM
Don't know the story but earlier this year when Martinez got benched against fetus he stood off by himself on the sideline and pouted. May explain why Bo went off. Martinez may be a prima donna.

Martinez is a pusse.

instigator
11/21/2010, 09:12 PM
Another example of the wussification of america. He yelled at him. So what?

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 09:14 PM

This may be eerily close to the truth. Reports on Twitter say he did not get on the plane with the rest of the team and missed a team meeting today.

royalfan5
11/21/2010, 09:22 PM
I'm sure Chadron State is looking forward to him.

Personally, I think he would make one hell of a Doane Tiger.

soonerchk
11/21/2010, 09:29 PM

Nope, Martinez had been cleared to go back in and Pelini wouldn't put him back in and ripped him a new one.

Tech and KU fired coaches for almost the same thing. But wait, Tech and KU are losers now.

fixed

yankee
11/21/2010, 09:34 PM
for some reason, i think this situation is totally blown out of proportion...and taylor martinez has probably said nothing about quitting the nebraska football team. probably just someone on the interwebz claiming they know someone...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2010, 09:41 PM
I quit the Nebraska team

cleller
11/21/2010, 09:45 PM
for some reason, i think this situation is totally blown out of proportion...and taylor martinez has probably said nothing about quitting the nebraska football team. probably just someone on the interwebz claiming they know someone...

Sounds most likely. Add to that- Bo has publicly acknowledged in the past that his temper is something he is embarrassed about, and wants to improve.
Who knows? If he'll say those things to reporters, he'll probably be able to see the upside in making up with Martinez.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 09:47 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/523734-taylor-martinez-quits-the-team

Taylor Martinez Has Quit The Team
By
Jay Urban
It has been confirmed by a grad assistant on the Cornhusker Football Team to the Big Red Critics that Taylor Martinez has quit the football team. This just in as of 8:39 central time.

While I was as upset as anyone after the poor performance of the Huskers last night, I really think that the team is better off with Taylor Martinez in the game instead of Cody Green. There were two throws in particular, that really broke the back of the Huskers.

The first was an interception that was intended for Kyler Reed running a post pattern. Reed has caught TD's on this route against this coverage against Mizzou, K-State, and Ok State. In last night's game though, Martinez didn't lead Reed to the middle of the field where the opening was and the pass was intercepted.

Martinez also tried to force the ball to Niles Paul on 3rd and 8 on a drive that would eventually result in a field goal to tie the game by Alex Henery. Paul was running a route that had been thrown earlier in the drive that resulted in a 24 yard catch and run. By zeroing in on Paul, he missed Mike McNeill who was open running the corner route behind Paul.

I don't think that this has anything to do with what happened on the field though, more to do with what took place in the locker room while the Husker medical staff was looking at Martinez's ankle after he was taken to the locker room for X-rays in the first half:

According to the reports that the Big Red Critics have, that come from multiple sources close to the program and within the coaching staff as grad assistants, Martinez was texting in the locker room while his ankle was being taped. While it isn't clear who the recipients of these texts was, the majority of opinions and shady sources all point to his father as the person he was in communication with.

Along with this, it has recently come to light that Martinez's father has been playing an increasingly vocal role in saying how his son should play and even sent an angry email to Bo Pelini after his son was benched in the second half of the Texas game.

This locker room incident was apparently the reason for Pelini's rant against Martinez on the sideline right before halftime.

Whether this incident is true or not, the fact remains that the Huskers are a better team with Martinez on the field, even if he isn't 100% healthy. The Huskers have had issues with big name players leaving the program in the past, Harrison Beck was a top quarterback recruit under Bill Callahan that left for NC State after his father complained that he wasn't getting enough playing time. DeAngelo Evans also left the program after a dispute with the Frank Solich staff. The fact is though, that players like Cam Newton have shown that it is possible for players to re-emerge as stars after leaving a top program. The Huskers will still be a tough opponent, and have top flight QB recruits like Bubba Starling on the way, but one would have to say that the Huskers are national championship contenders with Taylor Martinez next year, but likely just bowl contenders without him.

Husker In Oklahoma
11/21/2010, 09:48 PM

Shows what you know. Bo was pissed that Martinez was TEXTING his dad during getting re-taped. Martinez wanted to come back in the game.

soonerchk
11/21/2010, 09:49 PM
According to the reports that the Big Red Critics have, that come from multiple sources close to the program and within the coaching staff as grad assistants, Martinez was texting in the locker room while his ankle was being taped. While it isn't clear who the recipients of these texts was, the majority of opinions and shady sources all point to his father as the person he was in communication with.

Along with this, it has recently come to light that Martinez's father has been playing an increasingly vocal role in saying how his son should play and even sent an angry email to Bo Pelini after his son was benched in the second half of the Texas game.

He should meet Jerry Bomar and see how well that worked out for him and Rhett.

OU Engineer
11/21/2010, 09:50 PM
He should meet Jerry Bomar and see how well that worked out for him and Rhett.

or craig james.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah.. Shows what you know

CrimsonJim
11/21/2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yawn2.gif

Okie35
11/21/2010, 10:01 PM
Shows what you know. Bo was pissed that Martinez was TEXTING his dad during getting re-taped. Martinez wanted to come back in the game.

Oh well, I don't care:D. Without Martinez your offense is garbage. Never said what I knew I could only go off what I saw. I wouldn't know why he would want to play when he looked hurt to begin w/ but oh well. Good luck w/ Colorado who's been playing well offensively. I hope your defense can score points.

soonercastor
11/21/2010, 10:07 PM
Won't be easy for Nebraska either way. Nebbish fighting for a bowl berth

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 10:18 PM
I suppose Auburn is waiting for the check to clear before announcing the transfer :D

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2010, 10:22 PM
or craig james.

I haven't noticed, has Craig's son played at Tech this year? Is he still there?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds like Nebbish is toast.

royalfan5
11/21/2010, 10:23 PM
Won't be easy for Nebraska either way. Nebbish fighting for a bowl berthI'm pretty sure NU is going to bowl with the amount of bowls out there these days. What with the 9 wins and all.

OUthunder
11/21/2010, 10:25 PM
Bo is a joke. If he was the coach at OU, I would have wanted to crawl under a rock last night after his behavior. What a little bitch he is.

colleyvillesooner
11/21/2010, 10:29 PM
Per Joe Schad's Twitter:
Taylor Martinez's HS coach, Matt Logan, told me he just spoke w the QB, who said: "Everything is fine. I haven't quit the team."

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 10:30 PM
ESPN's Joe Schad now contesting rumors that Taylor Martinez has left:

Taylor Martinez's HS coach, Matt Logan, told me he just spoke w the QB, who said: "Everything is fine. I haven't quit the team."

lol this whole thing's playing out like a game of telephone.

royalfan5
11/21/2010, 10:30 PM
What are the odds that Pelini asked Martinez to sign a pledge to be drug free over the summer, but Martinez wanted to hang out with his burnout friends and get Aerosmith tickets instead?

oumartin
11/21/2010, 10:35 PM
http://sweetfuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dazed-and-confused.jpg

Husker In Oklahoma
11/21/2010, 11:16 PM
Oh well, I don't care:D. Without Martinez your offense is garbage.

Taylor is on the team per Pelini. You better be careful what you wish for, this garbage offense just may beat you, if you even get there. NU's D will keep it in every game it plays, including OU.

SOONER44EVER
11/21/2010, 11:19 PM
Taylor is on the team per Pelini. You better be careful what you wish for, this garbage offense just may beat you, if you even get there. NU's D will keep it in every game it plays, including OU.

I thought you were supposed to talk trash after wins, not losses. :confused:

Breadburner
11/21/2010, 11:20 PM

http://images.teamtalk.com/09/01/800x600/orly-owl_1748847.jpg

TahoeSOONER
11/21/2010, 11:27 PM

OU will get there because that's what Oklahoma does. In case you forgot who wins there more than any team in the history of this conference. Go convience the Big 10 because your team hasn't done **** in the weak part of OUr conference.

Okie35
11/21/2010, 11:37 PM

No, your defense will keep you in the game in reality. Your offense still sucks period w/o Martinez. Whether we get there or not, your offense is bad.

soonergirlNeugene
11/21/2010, 11:43 PM
This is probably late as the Phi/NY game got interesting, but there are reports of Pelini confirming that Taylor is still on the team though they are all still second-hand atm. It looks like he missed a team meeting and the rumor mill took off from there.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2010, 12:12 AM
Taylor Martinez just text me and said he isn't quitting football and he also loves his daddy

Scott D
11/22/2010, 12:17 AM
Taylor Martinez texted me and said that he loves jlew more than jlew loves lebron james.

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2010, 07:17 AM
Taylor Martinez texted me and said that he loves jlew more than jlew loves lebron james.

What should jlew do?

cleller
11/22/2010, 07:49 AM
No, your defense will keep you in the game in reality. Your offense still sucks period w/o Martinez. Whether we get there or not, your offense is bad.

Yeah, shows what you (husker in ok) know.

Ugh. Feel like I'm back in grade school.

RacerX
11/22/2010, 07:59 AM
Waiting on the Jenni Carlson article.

swardboy
11/22/2010, 08:58 AM
Taylor Martinez

Where is he?

Texting

Taylor Martinez?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2010, 09:18 AM
taylor martinez text me and said his daddy invented the diamond t formation

ocsooner
11/22/2010, 09:37 AM
Like the latest quote on the YouTube video...

C'mon, ya'll! Bo is saying:

"Taylor, you know that finals are coming up in a few weeks and it's really important for you to do well in the classroom like everyone else on this team. So be sure you hit those books, because that's really why you're here."

soonercastor
11/22/2010, 11:04 AM
LINK (http://www.omaha.com/article/20101121/BIGRED03/101129970/-1#pelini-martinez-didn-t-quit)

9:35 p.m., Sunday: Taylor Martinez remains a member the Nebraska football team, coach Bo Pelini said Sunday night.

Reached shortly before 8 p.m., Pelini said the status of his freshman quarterback had not changed since the end of Huskers' 9-6 loss Saturday at Texas A&M.

"He's still on the team," the coach said.

Speculation quickly went viral Sunday after rumors began to fly early in the evening that Martinez had quit. By 9 p.m., his name was the No. 1 trending topic nationally on the Google search engine.

Asked if he expected Martinez to continue with the Huskers this week as they prepare for Friday's regular-season finale at home against Colorado, Pelini said yes.

Martinez reinjured his ailing right ankle in the first quarter Saturday when center Mike Caputo stepped on the quarterback's leg during a running play. Martinez left for the locker room. Upon his return to the sideline in the second quarter, television cameras caught Pelini yelling at Martinez.

Pelini again declined to offer an explanation for the sideline incident on Sunday.

Martinez returned to play in the second half but struggled with his mobility as the Nebraska offense continued to sputter.

All of this ought to make for an interesting Monday as the Huskers are set to hold their weekly press conference at Memorial Stadium

soonerchk
11/22/2010, 11:05 AM
He sounds like a whiner. Glad he's not our problem.

oumartin
11/22/2010, 11:19 AM
He sounds like a whiner. Glad he's not our problem.

who Pelini? :D

soonerchk
11/22/2010, 11:21 AM
who Pelini? :D

HA! I'd take him back in a heartbeat, bad attitude and all!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/22/2010, 11:34 AM
i doubt pelini makes it 2 more years given what happened last offseason with mangino, leach, and levitt. of course, nebraska may look at what happened to those schools the year following the firing and ignore it, but with the way hte chancellor went on the record, i doubt it.

Scott D
11/22/2010, 12:03 PM
It should be interesting up there for sure.

Collier11
11/22/2010, 12:05 PM
Bad move by the Chancellor IMO...first of all, Pelini went ape **** on the refs cus the penalty disparity was 18-2 I think, that and there were some blatant horrible calls.

Now im not saying Pelini has the right to be an azz all the time but the Chancellor should have handled this behind closed doors

OUEngr1990
11/22/2010, 12:26 PM
I've have yet to see an example where yelling at the ref did any good at all. If anything, it just makes them call even more penalties.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/22/2010, 12:30 PM
I've have yet to see an example where yelling at the ref did any good at all. If anything, it just makes them call even more penalties.

Don't tell that to Stoops...

Veritas
11/22/2010, 12:45 PM
i doubt pelini makes it 2 more years given what happened last offseason with mangino, leach, and levitt. of course, nebraska may look at what happened to those schools the year following the firing and ignore it, but with the way hte chancellor went on the record, i doubt it.
Nah. I don't know about Levitt, but Mangina and Leach were always on the outs with the administrators. Perlman, Osborne, and Pelini get along well and Perlman's statement is nothing more than Rangel-style censure. It's a public finger-wagging.

This isn't necessarily a good thing, but football is way too important at Nebraska for a winning coach like Pelini to get canned for losing his cool during a blatantly fixed game.

royalfan5
11/22/2010, 12:53 PM
Bad move by the Chancellor IMO...first of all, Pelini went ape **** on the refs cus the penalty disparity was 18-2 I think, that and there were some blatant horrible calls.

Now im not saying Pelini has the right to be an azz all the time but the Chancellor should have handled this behind closed doors

I'm pretty sure Bo's been told to cool it already behind closed doors. Plus, 12 of those penalties where dumbass **** like false starts and illegal formations. NU hasn't played or coached with composure this year, and it's pretty clear where that lack of composure comes from.

Scott D
11/22/2010, 12:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Bo's been told to cool it already behind closed doors. Plus, 12 of those penalties where dumbass **** like false starts and illegal formations. NU hasn't played or coached with composure this year, and it's pretty clear where that lack of composure comes from.

Taylor Martinez? :P

OULenexaman
11/22/2010, 12:57 PM
blatantly fixed game??.....oh please.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2010, 01:01 PM
taylor martinez text me to say that his dad fired brad childress

soonerchk
11/22/2010, 01:02 PM

Just curious - do you think any of those schools might be regretting their decisions?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/22/2010, 01:03 PM
judging from the texas tech fans I sat by at the ou game, the TT administration doesn't regret it at all...

Leroy Lizard
11/22/2010, 01:12 PM
Just curious - do you think any of those schools might be regretting their decisions?

Probably not.

soonerchk
11/22/2010, 01:25 PM
judging from the texas tech fans I sat by at the ou game, the TT administration doesn't regret it at all...

How much did they avoid paying Leach by firing him before the 30th? I wonder how long until that amount shows up in revenue/donations lost. Tommy T is probably too prissy to be real successful there.

Collier11
11/22/2010, 01:51 PM
Hasnt been decided yet, its in court

OUEngr1990
11/22/2010, 01:57 PM
They probably already lost a big chunk of it in legal fees. Nobody wins but the lawyers.

Boarder
11/22/2010, 01:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5838941

Bo Pelini apologizes for sideline tirades

Quitter

nebraskaSOONER
11/22/2010, 02:16 PM
Ahhhhhh, Its been wonderful up here in Corn Land, quite entertaining. Husker in Oklahoma, wish we could switch places so you could smack talk after a loss up here where everyone with the corn husk blinders on could agree with you. BOOOOOOMER!

Husker In Oklahoma
11/22/2010, 02:28 PM
Plus, 12 of those penalties where dumbass **** like false starts and illegal formations. Umm, NU had 7 pf's, which only leaves 9 other penalties. Where Cotton recieved two pf's to create a 3rd down and 44, NU should have recieved the two instead, moving it deep into A&M territory. Some of the formation penalties were not even replayed. It was "shady" if you will all the way around. Shoot, Eric Martin apparently isnt allowed to hit or block anyone on kickoffs, neither of which was replayed and shown.

How many holding calls were there? Multiple on NU, none on A&M, none, against that front all night? Are you kidding me? He was running for his life most of the night. I think most normal folks may have lost it under circumstances like that. Ive never seen anything like it. It was really one sided. Someones got to say something, and it was Bo who did. Bo needs to "tone" it a bit, but you gotta love the passion, the fire.

VA Sooner
11/22/2010, 04:48 PM
Missed all that. Read the amateur lip-reading transcript on www.betteroffred.com and didn't know he lit into him like that. He's a freshman kid QB for god's sake, Bo. He's carried your offense all season... I think you just blew it. Reminds me of the ending of the original Bad News Bears.

The chancellor apparently took notice too... some flames going down again.

Siomewhere in the distance... Gary Pinkel and the rest of team from Mizzou is laughing.

nebraskaSOONER
11/22/2010, 05:19 PM
Umm, NU had 7 pf's, which only leaves 9 other penalties. Where Cotton recieved two pf's to create a 3rd down and 44, NU should have recieved the two instead, moving it deep into A&M territory. Some of the formation penalties were not even replayed. It was "shady" if you will all the way around. Shoot, Eric Martin apparently isnt allowed to hit or block anyone on kickoffs, neither of which was replayed and shown.

How many holding calls were there? Multiple on NU, none on A&M, none, against that front all night? Are you kidding me? He was running for his life most of the night. I think most normal folks may have lost it under circumstances like that. Ive never seen anything like it. It was really one sided. Someones got to say something, and it was Bo who did. Bo needs to "tone" it a bit, but you gotta love the passion, the fire.

Please, Just score a **** touchdown and you won't have to whine so much......:P

Howzit
11/22/2010, 05:40 PM
NU needs Martinez to win the whole enchilada.

85sooners
11/22/2010, 06:11 PM
:gary:

huskerland
11/22/2010, 07:20 PM
NU needs Martinez to win the whole enchilada. Maybe not! they could start Burkhead! Huskers could start Washington a very talented athlete. Why he hasn't seen more playing time, I don't know. Players don't like the heat the coach is getting. Fri. could be interesting though. True Nu needs Taylor! I admit to a little wishful thinking!

Landthief 1972
11/22/2010, 08:07 PM
Umm, NU had 7 pf's, which only leaves 9 other penalties. Where Cotton recieved two pf's to create a 3rd down and 44, NU should have recieved the two instead, moving it deep into A&M territory. Some of the formation penalties were not even replayed. It was "shady" if you will all the way around. Shoot, Eric Martin apparently isnt allowed to hit or block anyone on kickoffs, neither of which was replayed and shown.

When did this become huskerfans.com?
:pop:

So Taylor was texting daddy because coach was being mean to him. This generation of kids are a bunch of complete vaginas. Generation Precious Snowflake can kiss my ***.

Rickety_Syd
11/22/2010, 08:27 PM

Seven personal fouls? Sounds like a really undisciplined football team to me. Undisciplined football teams tend to commit lots of a penalties.
Nah, couldn't be that. It's just crooked refs.

Seriously, if the league was out to screw Nebraska, they'd make sure they never even got close to the Big 12 title game and it would basically be Missouri's to lose. Why couldn't refs make sure that one-point win at Iowa State went the other way? How about throwing a flag on that KO return for a TD in Stillwater?

As crooked as people would have you believe this league us, you'd think they'd could at least make sure Texas could get bowl eligible. :P

ocsooner
11/22/2010, 10:54 PM
As crooked as people would have you believe this league us, you'd think they'd could at least make sure Texas could get bowl eligible. :P

Some things are harder than others, dude.:D

sooner94
11/22/2010, 11:50 PM
Some things are harder than others, dude.:D

That's what she said.

Monster Zero
11/23/2010, 09:08 AM

I think Bo's on Top Secret Double Probation. Carl too, of course. You know that Osborne and Perlman have talked it over, and I don't think they're gonna stand for much more of it. Seems like the Pelini bros are trying to make them think they made a mistake by running Callahan (YOU F'N HILLBILLIES!!) off.

I heard something on the SA yesterday about Carl Pelini shoving a camera dude on the way to the locker room after the game. I think they're a couple of volatile nutcakes and it's only a matter of time. :pop:

SoonerNutt
11/23/2010, 10:55 AM
Seven personal fouls? Sounds like a really undisciplined football team to me. Undisciplined football teams tend to commit lots of a penalties.
Nah, couldn't be that. It's just crooked refs.

Seriously, if the league was out to screw Nebraska, they'd make sure they never even got close to the Big 12 title game and it would basically be Missouri's to lose. Why couldn't refs make sure that one-point win at Iowa State went the other way? How about throwing a flag on that KO return for a TD in Stillwater?

Agree 100%. If the BigXII wanted NU out of the title game, they would have screwed them over against Mizzou, not aTm. A loss to MU would have done it. A loss to aTm, and NU still only has to beat CU to clinch. And now, NU and CU, both "traitors". Who is going to get screwed the worst? I guess whoever gets the most penalties will get to be the designated crybabies.

It's a danged-ol' conspiracy, I tells ya. :cry:

Or, from what I saw. NU just lost their cool in a tough road environment. You can blame that on the refs all you want, but show me where all the "bad calls" were. It looked to me like they earned their share.