PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Kenney

Sooner70
11/21/2010, 08:00 AM
Don't recall hearing his name one time or seeing him in on a play vs. Baylor.

Is the hurt or what?

booomer
11/21/2010, 08:07 AM
What about Hanna as well??? I don't remember seeing him on the field???

SCSooner71
11/21/2010, 09:22 AM
I did see Hanna but not Kenney

Soonermagik
11/21/2010, 09:29 AM
Franks got the go ahead over Kenney. I think they want to get Franks a lot of catches, so he will be ready for next season. Since we are likely losing Broyles next year and Kenney is a senior. I think they are hoping to have Franks, Stills and Miller as the primary 3 for next season.

They haven't been impressed with Kenney. I think there's a reason we are seeing a lot more of Clay at RB too. I'm not saying they are totally playing for next season, but they want the young guys to have a lot of game experience for next year. They have a legit shot a national title next year.

tulsaoilerfan
11/21/2010, 09:33 AM
Kenny was out there when Nimmo was in at QB; Hanna also played but dont know if they threw any passes his way or not

OUthunder
11/21/2010, 09:49 AM
When Kenney learns to catch the ball, he might make it back on the field with the 1st teamers. Too many drops and Stoops finally had seen enough.

Breadburner
11/21/2010, 10:25 AM
Who said we are losing Broyles.....He already said he was coming back......

tcrb
11/21/2010, 10:40 AM
Who said we are losing Broyles.....He already said he was coming back......

Pretty sure he hasn't mad a firm commitment either way.

TXBOOMER
11/21/2010, 11:22 AM
They have a legit shot a national title next year.

This team is going to have make dramtic improvement during the off season to get that done. Losing Beal, Macon and Taylor from an already struggling D Line has me concerned the Defense may be even worse than they are this year. Not to mention we are also losing Mensik and damn near all of the depth on the O-line. Need to get some JUCO lagit help on both side of the Line.

Soonermagik
11/21/2010, 12:00 PM
This team is going to have make dramtic improvement during the off season to get that done. Losing Beal, Macon and Taylor from an already struggling D Line has me concerned the Defense may be even worse than they are this year. Not to mention we are also losing Mensik and damn near all of the depth on the O-line. Need to get some JUCO lagit help on both side of the Line.

No offense, but Beal has been hit or miss this year. People have complained about lack of pressure and run stop all season. I don't see those guys leaving as a huge loss. We have so much depth at DT and DE it's scary.

They have been playing 10+ guys on the O-line, so I wouldn't worry about depth there either. We should dominate every in conference game we play in next season. There won't be a better team in the "Big 12" than OU. They have one of the easiest roads to the title game.

aero
11/21/2010, 12:03 PM

I would agree the team next year will go as far as the D will take them. We need some beasts to appear on the line.

TXBOOMER
11/21/2010, 12:48 PM
No offense, but Beal has been hit or miss this year. People have complained about lack of pressure and run stop all season. I don't see those guys leaving as a huge loss. We have so much depth at DT and DE it's scary.

They have been playing 10+ guys on the O-line, so I wouldn't worry about depth there either. We should dominate every in conference game we play in next season. There won't be a better team in the "Big 12" than OU. They have one of the easiest roads to the title game.

I'll agree to disagree with you on the D-Line. We have very little proven depth at either position.

I agree we have some talent at the skill positions. I just don't like the line situation on either side of the ball for next year without dramatic off season improvement. If we could dominate the line of scrimmage we could be an elite team with all of the young skill position talent. Like I said I hope we get a couple of contributors from the JUCO ranks that can make an immediate impact.

Okie35
11/21/2010, 01:05 PM

What games was he a miss? I've seen him play hard every game and get some double teams.

Joe
11/21/2010, 02:44 PM
Beal is leading the Big 12 in Sack and right up there in TFL. What a bum.

SoonerInFortSmith
11/21/2010, 05:06 PM

Ronnell Lewis and Alexander will be fine at DE. McFarland has really come on the last 2 games. McGee has shown he can be disruptive. Noble will be the 3rd man in a solid DT rotation.

As far as the OL goes i totally disagree with you. We only have 2 seniors on the two deep. Mensik has been solid and i love his commitment but he is replaceable. Lepak is a career backup. So that's 4 returning starters and another 4 guys that have rotated in. Not to mention a few frosh that redshirted this year that were highly recruited.

I am very optimistic about the play of both lines next season.

Soonermagik
11/21/2010, 05:14 PM
Beal is leading the Big 12 in Sack and right up there in TFL. What a bum.

Oh.. here we go. I never said the guy was a bum. He just hasn't shown up every game. We virtually had 0 pressure in the Mizzou game. I think Beal is really talented and when he wants to get after you watch out. It just seems like he takes plays off. I can say the same thing about Alexander.

Okie35
11/21/2010, 05:28 PM
Oh.. here we go. I never said the guy was a bum. He just hasn't shown up every game. We virtually had 0 pressure in the Mizzou game. I think Beal is really talented and when he wants to get after you watch out. It just seems like he takes plays off. I can say the same thing about Alexander.

Yea we did. Beal got in there a couple of times the 2nd half its just that Gabbert ran away. I guess you just blocked that out since we lost :(. Beal was the only lineman getting any kinds of pressure that game. Beal doesn't really take plays off you just can't make a play every snap. That's how football is, now Travis is a different story. He does seem to take plays off when he's tired.