PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Carter is a STUD!

sooner94
11/21/2010, 01:21 AM
Just got back from the Euless/Allen game. It lived up to the hype, and in a game where there was a ton of talent, Brandon Carter stood out as the best player on the field by far. Best player by far in all 3 games I watched actually (there was a quadruple header at Jerry World).

He has been playing WR most of the year, but they had him play QB for most of the first quarter, then he split time between QB and WR the rest of the game. He also returns punts and kickoffs, is the punter, and plays some DB.

Here is a recap of what I saw:

1. 2 TD passes. Throws really well on the move. Pretty good arm for a guy that is not your prototype QB build. Maybe some Wildcat at OU?
2. Almost returned a kick off for TD
3. Ridiculous speed and moves. Got a couple of "Oohhs" from the crowd
4. Great hands and is a terror after the catch. Think Mark Clayton/Ryan Broyles good.
5. Seems to be a team leader in one of the best programs in the state
6. Seems to make big plays when his team needs it. Not just a great athlete, but also what I could call a "gamer"

I am looking forward to seeing this guy in an OU uniform.

slarthbabyugh
11/21/2010, 07:00 PM
Sounds like he's gonna be a good one.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/112110dnspowixon.40a9b4d.html

yankee
11/21/2010, 09:22 PM
duh...i've been hyping this kid up since he committed to us. he should be a 5 star on rivals, but that's OK...i'll take him with any amount of stars next to his name. he just has "it". and Sooner fans are about to see that over the next few years.

cjames317
11/21/2010, 10:41 PM
Carter and Danzel Williams face off next week.

sooner94
11/22/2010, 11:55 PM
The verbal commit thread above says Carter is slotted to play corner. I really hope they switch him to WR. He dominates on the offensive side of the ball.

Great athlete and has the hips to play corner. Could be great there too.

sooner518
11/22/2010, 11:57 PM
Ha. They were talking about this game on the radio today. The guy said Carter dominated the game and wondered why he'd never heard of him before. He said he got home hoping SMU could get a chance at him only to find out that he had already committed to us. He wasn't happy about it. Haha

cjames317
11/23/2010, 01:43 PM
Carter and Danzel Williams face off next week.

7:30 this Friday, Nov. 26, at UTA's Maverick Stadium in Arlington. Gonna be a good one!

jharkins
12/2/2010, 10:33 AM
Just picked up a pair of tickets to see him play Coppell this Friday night. (13-0 vs 13-0) Really looking forward to it. Gonna be wild, hope Brandon lights it up.

yankee
12/2/2010, 03:18 PM
Just picked up a pair of tickets to see him play Coppell this Friday night. (13-0 vs 13-0) Really looking forward to it. Gonna be wild, hope Brandon lights it up.

You better get there early. Dragon stadium is bigger than it was last year, but it wasn't built to hold the kind of crowd that's going to wanna show up on friday. That's going to be an epic game, I'm jealous you get to see it!

sooner518
12/2/2010, 03:50 PM
You better get there early. Dragon stadium is bigger than it was last year, but it wasn't built to hold the kind of crowd that's going to wanna show up on friday. That's going to be an epic game, I'm jealous you get to see it!

where is it? Southlake?

jharkins
12/2/2010, 06:24 PM
where is it? Southlake?

Yeah it is at Southlake's Dragon stadium. Gates open at 6 and we'll be there a little afterward. Should be a good one for sure. Hope that Mr. Carter tears it up. Since I dont have a dog in the hunt I break out my Sooner gear in anticipation for tomorrow night's game.

sooner94
12/4/2010, 12:55 AM
That was one hell of a game. Glad it was on TV.

How about that double reverse pass by Brandon Carter on 4th down? Kid has ice water in his veins.

I'm telling you, I think this kid will be like Broyles if they play him at WR.

yankee
12/4/2010, 02:19 AM
I'm telling you, I think this kid will be like Broyles if they play him at WR.

exactly what i've thought all along.

i hope to God the coaches put him on offense instead of defense. i have no doubt he'd be a great cornerback, but i know he'd be an even better receiver. this kid has IT. you can't teach that.

jharkins
12/6/2010, 12:03 PM
The game was as good as billed. It was just insane. We were sitting on the Trinity side and that final drive was just awesome. As soon as Coppell had to settle for a FG on their last off drive to go up by 5 you knew it was over. They could not stop Trinity.

Brandon Carter was awesome. The only problem I see was that he knew it. Several times you could see him yelling at the sideline and banging his chest when he hadnt been given the ball in a while.

I guess this is understandable when you are a transcendent high school player, but things tend to change when you step on a field where everyone was that guy in high school. And not to mention Stoops...

TXBOOMER
12/6/2010, 02:38 PM
I think he is Ryan Broyles version 2. I think he will play WR instead of DB. Seen himplay many times...he is simply a playmaker!

Widescreen
12/6/2010, 04:38 PM
Brandon Carter was awesome. The only problem I see was that he knew it. Several times you could see him yelling at the sideline and banging his chest when he hadnt been given the ball in a while.

One hit by The Hammer will probably change his perspective. It might reverse the flow of his blood, too.

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2010, 03:44 PM
I know that recruiting rankings just sometimes miss completely, but why is he rated so low?

TXBOOMER
12/8/2010, 01:52 AM
I know that recruiting rankings just sometimes miss completely, but why is he rated so low?

I can't figure it out. He makes huge plays against top 5 A talent week in and week out.

KiiDSooNER
12/8/2010, 09:11 AM

Started out as a 2*, than rivals reevaluated the class and re-ranked him as a 3*. I'm sure by the time the final rankings come out, he'll be a 4* player.

yankee
12/8/2010, 06:46 PM

probably because he's undersized, or at least used to be. he's put on some weight, but he's still little.

he also plays for trinity..and despite the school being a state power and producing D1 athletes each year, most of them are underrated and go to mid majors.

sooner94
12/9/2010, 06:04 PM
He is still pretty skinny, but he can put on 20 pounds in the next couple of years pretty easily.

Schmitty will make sure of that.:D

Widescreen
12/12/2010, 01:48 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/121210dnspohstrinity.6602e15.html

Round Rock Stony Point coach Craig Chessher summed up the performance of Euless Trinity's do-everything senior Brandon Carter.

"Vince Young was the best I've ever gone against, when I was at [Galena Park] North Shore," Chessher said. "He's probably the second-best I've been against, and that's some good players there. He's special."
High praise indeed.

sooner94
12/12/2010, 11:43 AM
I did not see the game, but sounds like he made numerous big plays as usual. Can't wait to see this kid in an OU uniform.

This kid has played against some great competition and makes a lot of defensive players look slow.

I think they ran another reverse pass on 4th down late in the game with Brandon Carter making the completion as usual.

Going to watch him and Euless Saturday night for the state title.

sooner518
12/12/2010, 11:59 AM
anyone got any highlights of these playoffs heroics? id love to see some

Rocko
12/12/2010, 09:53 PM
When someone is as undersized as he is and still dominates a game, you know his football playing skills are off the charts. Our coaches will give him a few pounds of muscle to work with over the summer.

yankee
12/13/2010, 10:30 AM
anyone got any highlights of these playoffs heroics? id love to see some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c23eTydsXdI

that's the final play of the game...BC didn't really do anything, just pitched the ball to the running back...if i can find any of those other awesome plays from that game, i'll post 'em.

sooner94
12/16/2010, 09:03 PM
Guys,

The Euless 5A state title game is on Fox Sports Southwest on Saturday night, at 8pm I believe. On Directv that is 676. I guarantee you will see a lot of highlights from Carter. If they don't run a reverse pass with him throwing the ball I guarantee your money back.:D

And Euless is a fun team to watch. They play their asses off and are pretty aggressive on the play calling.

texaspokieokie
12/17/2010, 10:00 AM
i have some friends who are trinity fans, & some that actually went to school there.

in a conversation 2 or 3 days ago, they told me (hahaha) that carter is about
190 to 200 lbs & about 6'-2" to 6'-3" tall. fans can be fooled.

sooner518
12/17/2010, 10:15 AM
Saw in the newspaper today that the 5A all-state team was announced. Brandon CArter wasnt included in 1st, 2nd or honorable mention..... weaksauce

Widescreen
12/17/2010, 10:45 AM
Guys,

The Euless 5A state title game is on Fox Sports Southwest on Saturday night, at 8pm I believe. On Directv that is 676. I guarantee you will see a lot of highlights from Carter. If they don't run a reverse pass with him throwing the ball I guarantee your money back.:D

And Euless is a fun team to watch. They play their asses off and are pretty aggressive on the play calling.
Thanks. I've got the DVR set.

Saw in the newspaper today that the 5A all-state team was announced. Brandon CArter wasnt included in 1st, 2nd or honorable mention..... weaksauce

That's remarkable. I could see that if he was playing for a bad team in a small town. However, at OU he should have plenty of opportunities for honors.

sooner518
12/17/2010, 10:57 AM
That's remarkable. I could see that if he was playing for a bad team in a small town. However, at OU he should have plenty of opportunities for honors.

sadly, its true. looks like they looked only at stats. pretty dumb list. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/121610dnspoap5aallstate.1e615830.html

sooner94
12/17/2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks. I've got the DVR set.

Make sure you record another hour or two after the scheduled end time since the last game of the triple header will usually start a little late.

85sooners
12/17/2010, 10:46 PM
:pop:

texaspokieokie
12/19/2010, 10:30 AM
looks to me like he'd be a terrific wishbone QB.

jn the other game, malcom brown didn't look to be a world-beater. they
bottled him up pretty well, but he did get over 100 yds. also a good run to run out the clock. JMHO

SoonerNate
12/20/2010, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDsXPsKacg&feature=player_embedded

cantwait48
1/14/2011, 06:28 PM
rumor on other boards is carter is switching to tcu? anyone heard this?

yankee
1/14/2011, 06:38 PM
rumor on other boards is carter is switching to tcu? anyone heard this?

Yes I have too. He's apparently also considering Baylor. This is the second time I've heard about him dicking around with his commitment. I want him up here more than anybody on this board, but if crap like this is going to continue to pop up, then he can take his talents elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

DentonSoonerFan
1/14/2011, 06:46 PM
Scout.com has him listed as a Soft verbal now.

yankee
1/14/2011, 06:55 PM
Scout.com has him listed as a Soft verbal now.

Bob Stoops doesn't like soft verbals. I bet he "de-commits". Furk. :mad:

DentonSoonerFan
1/14/2011, 07:19 PM
Well at least it won't hurt our "Recruiting Rankings" much (he's only a 3 star).:D

Big D Sooner
1/17/2011, 11:38 AM
So, what's happening with this? Any news?

sooner518
1/18/2011, 01:01 PM
theres a big thread on him at killerfrogs: http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=130803&st=45

theyre basically saying that we want him as a DB but TCU is offering him as a WR which is what he wants to play. theyre saying he is taking an official to TCU soon....

E-Town
1/18/2011, 10:51 PM
he's gone.

Ruf/Nek7
1/18/2011, 11:44 PM
well shucks....who do we go after to fill his scholarship offer?

SOONER STEAKER
1/19/2011, 01:14 AM
Just saw the news on Rivals. What stud are we gonna steal from someone else to replace BC?

Widescreen
1/19/2011, 09:35 AM
well shucks....who do we go after to fill his scholarship offer?

Most likely Trent Ratterree. :D

gaylordfan1
1/19/2011, 10:35 AM
I thought we were over anyways..... I think this just evens things out.

sooner94
1/20/2011, 06:48 PM
I really liked this kid. He was fun to watch. Understandable since he wanted to play WR and not CB.

Sometimes it doesn't always work out. I remember Demarco Murray said no to USC because they wanted him as a DB. Win some, lose some. That one went in our favor. He turned out to be a pretty good college RB in case anyone was wondering.:D

85sooners
1/23/2011, 10:40 PM
:pop: