PDA

View Full Version : What happens if

85Sooner
11/20/2010, 07:40 PM
OU wins tonight and next week and ATM wins over Nebraska ans Texas. That would be a three way tie with ATM over OU, OU over OSU, and OSU over ATM.

What next?

KBoomer11
11/20/2010, 07:43 PM
BCS rankings

soonercastor
11/20/2010, 07:44 PM
BCS decides, and we'll have the edge because voters will move us above OSU after we beat them. A&M is far behind

soonerinkaty
11/20/2010, 07:45 PM
Just the cherry on top of the current * season.

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2010, 07:46 PM
BCS rankings yes, but with that little tweak * slipped in.

CrimsonRez
11/20/2010, 07:48 PM
win and you're in.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 07:48 PM
So do we need A&M to win, lose or what?

soonerinkaty
11/20/2010, 07:49 PM
Doesn't matter, we win out and we go.

Mjcpr
11/20/2010, 07:50 PM
Oklahoma makes Big 12 title game with ...

1) Wins vs. Baylor and OSU and a Texas A&M loss;

2) A loss to Baylor and a win over OSU with an OSU loss to Kansas and two Texas A&M losses.

The BCS decides the Big 12 South winner if ...

All three teams win this week, OU beats OSU in Bedlam and Texas A&M beats Texas. The teams would then be tied at 6-2 in the Big 12. The first tiebreaker would be records vs. South opponents, and all three would be 4-1. Next would be record vs. the other teams in the South, and the three all would have wins over Baylor, Texas Tech and Texas. The next tiebreaker would be applied, and the team with the highest ranking in the BCS standings released Nov. 28 would win the South, unless two teams finished within one spot of each other. In that case, the head-to-head winner would prevail. For example, if OSU finished No. 15 in the BCS standings and OU was No. 16 in this scenario, OU would play in the Big 12 title game since the Sooners would have a head-to-head win over OSU.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20101120_231_B1_CUTLIN544777

soonercastor
11/20/2010, 07:50 PM
So do we need A&M to win, lose or what?

all we needed was OSU not to lose to Kansas, now its pretty much if we win we're IN. But yeah A&M losing would just cut it down to H2H, but still wouldn't be a big deal if they win.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 07:52 PM
all we needed was OSU not to lose to Kansas, now its pretty much if we win we're IN. But yeah A&M losing would just cut it down to H2H, but still wouldn't be a big deal if they win.

If we win out and A&M wins out don't they win the south since they beat us head to head?

OUbasketball4life
11/20/2010, 07:53 PM
Well atm could move closer to us if they beat nebbish tonight. so ou has to win out and.hope for the best

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 07:54 PM
Well atm could move closer to us if they beat nebbish tonight. so ou has to win out and.hope for the best

It doen't matter if its a 2 way tie. Head to head over BCS. Right?

soonerinkaty
Doesn't matter, we win out and we go.

soonercastor
If we win out and A&M wins out don't they win the south since they beat us head to head?

Just remember 2008 and replace * by A&M and OSU by TTU :P

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 07:56 PM
Thats right, osu would just have 2 losees
duh.

I'm confusing myself. lol

sooner KB
11/20/2010, 07:56 PM

If we win out and A&M wins out, there would be a 3-way tie.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2010, 07:57 PM
i have the ultimate say in who makes it to the CCG

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 08:01 PM
If we win out and A&M wins out, there would be a 3-way tie.

So let me get this straight. If we win out and A&M wins out there will be a 3 way tie. I get that part. The question I have is will osu make medallions for being one of the 3 best teams in the Big 12 south?

soonerinkaty
11/20/2010, 08:04 PM
So let me get this straight. If we win out and A&M wins out there will be a 3 way tie. I get that part. The question I have is will osu make medallions for being one of the 3 best teams in the Big 12 south?

IF Tceh did, then so will the pokes.

SOONER44EVER
11/20/2010, 08:07 PM
IF Tceh did, then so will the pokes.

I remember the 12-0 ones. :eek:

S00ner_09
11/20/2010, 09:12 PM
Long time admirer of the site, just have never posted.

I just see this thing posted a lot and want to point out the first tie breaker in the event of a 3-way tie. The teams overall records will be looked at. This means that since OSU won today, as long as we win out we will go the Big 12 champ game, NO MATTER WHAT A&M DOES. They have a loss out of conference meaning 3 losses over all to OU's and oSuck's 2. Meaning only the head to head between OU and the other guys would matter.

I'm sure this will be reposted some time in the near future, especially if we beat Baylor tonight.

ThinMan
11/20/2010, 09:50 PM
I'm not certain if ATM isn't out the second OSU beat Kansas. It would be difficult to imagine A&M winning any three way tie beating an unranked Texas when the other two teams are playing each other.

If we lose to Baylor or OSU, OSU win the South.
If we beat Baylor and OSU, we win the South

n8v_ndn
11/20/2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for clearing this up, but I think we have to beat Baylor in Waco while there's a full moon, and thankfully the moon looks full to me...

anglachel
11/20/2010, 11:58 PM
Long time admirer of the site, just have never posted.

I just see this thing posted a lot and want to point out the first tie breaker in the event of a 3-way tie. The teams overall records will be looked at. This means that since OSU won today, as long as we win out we will go the Big 12 champ game, NO MATTER WHAT A&M DOES. They have a loss out of conference meaning 3 losses over all to OU's and oSuck's 2. Meaning only the head to head between OU and the other guys would matter.

I'm sure this will be reposted some time in the near future, especially if we beat Baylor tonight.

From the Big XII site:

Divisional Champion: The (eligible) team with the best winning-percentage of all divisional members in its eight conference games is declared the divisional champion and representative to the Dr Pepper Big 12 Conference Football Championship Game. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for postseason (bowl) competition shall not compete in the Championship Game.

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.

****** It only goes to step 1 to eliminate A&M. Winner of OU/OSU is South representative. ******