PDA

View Full Version : Poke Logic

CrimsonRez
11/20/2010, 06:32 PM
So everyone knows that poke tells us that since we don't go to OU as a student that we can't be fans? Well I was thinking that if that is the case I need to turn in my Ravens gear because I'm not apart of their franchise. Any of this happen to you guys lately?

homb1978
11/20/2010, 06:39 PM
cool story bro

slh1234
11/20/2010, 06:42 PM
So everyone knows that poke tells us that since we don't go to OU as a student that we can't be fans? Well I was thinking that if that is the case I need to turn in my Ravens gear because I'm not apart of their franchise. Any of this happen to you guys lately?

I've heard this. My response always goes something like:

So you're saying you're having trouble attracting fans who aren't actually students or alums? Why is that?

Or when their remark goes something like "So you have more fans, but most of them never went to OU. Most OSU fans actually attended OSU." I might respond with something like:

You're saying "So more girls think you're good looking. That doesn't mean anything. The girls who think I'm better looking are my mom, aunts, and sisters." Don't you think that's what that sounds like?

Rickety_Syd
11/20/2010, 06:43 PM
OP actually has this thread.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=100800

That's how awesome their football program is. :rolleyes:

Collier11
11/20/2010, 06:43 PM
Its a stupid azz argument and its all they have...and they wonder why they cant fill up their sparkling new stadium, cus no one cares about that sh*t hole school

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 06:44 PM
cool story bro

You certainly contribute a lot to this board.

osucowboy344
11/20/2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJvmihzTr_o

Enjoy!!!!!

slh1234
11/20/2010, 06:49 PM

Enjoy!!!!!

6th grade caliber smack.

soonerloyal
11/20/2010, 06:49 PM
Poke. Logic.

Mutually exclusive terms.

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 06:50 PM
Man, the Pokes really come out of the woodwork whenever OSU is winning. Isn't that the same thing they were complaining about when OU won the national title in 2000?

OUEngr1990
11/20/2010, 06:50 PM
They are on a high because they just beat the worst team in the big 12. :rolleyes:

CrimsonRez
11/20/2010, 06:58 PM
cool story bro

do you have a job? let me guess, you work at some huge law firm and would love to quit to come serve us crumpets...weird how all the poke's work at law firms.

OUEngr1990
11/20/2010, 07:01 PM
do you have a job? let me guess, you work at some huge law firm and would love to quit to come serve us crumpets...weird how all the poke's work at law firms.

This is your average poke fan. Do they look like lawyers to you? :D

http://www.maurycountytn.info/Hillbilly%20Ugly%20Face.jpg

StoopTroup
11/20/2010, 07:01 PM

No....he works outta his Homb since 1978.

CrimsonRez
11/20/2010, 07:02 PM

Enjoy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9mKMJVxrk0

OUEngr1990
11/20/2010, 07:04 PM
We learned stuff today!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a0o9LBCd7Q

homb1978
11/20/2010, 07:32 PM

Its Saturday, dumb****.

soonergirlNeugene
11/20/2010, 07:37 PM
OP actually has this thread.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=100800

That's how awesome their football program is. :rolleyes:

major lulz in that thread XD

soonercastor
11/20/2010, 07:57 PM
HAHAHAHAH

Mjcpr
11/20/2010, 07:59 PM
Man, the Pokes really come out of the woodwork whenever OSU is winning.

Yes, this is a first.

A Sooner in Texas
11/20/2010, 08:00 PM
Its Saturday, dumb****.

Glad you learned something at Sheep Humper U. Can you tell us what day tomorrow is?

XFollower
11/20/2010, 08:05 PM
If you attempt to rationalize anything labeled "poke logic", you need to seek professional help.

Mjcpr
11/20/2010, 08:06 PM
Pffft. I can be a fan of whoever I want to be a fan of.

If it comes up, I always just say I was a Sooner fan long before I chose a school to attend. I couldn't afford OU. Yes, I could've afforded osu but why the **** would I want to?

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 08:09 PM
Yes, this is a first.

Well, it happens to any team that starts winning, but OSU fans act like OU is the only school with fair-weather or bandwagon fans.

Mjcpr
11/20/2010, 08:17 PM
Well, it happens to any team that starts winning, but OSU fans act like OU is the only school with fair-weather or bandwagon fans.

I meant their winning is a first.
:D

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 08:18 PM
I meant their winning is a first.
:D

LMAO. Nice.

StoopTroup
11/20/2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.geekologie.com/2010/01/14/zelda64-plate.jpg

stoopified
11/20/2010, 09:04 PM
osu fans are poor winners but also poor losers which is shocking considering how much practice they have had.They are closing in on all time .500 record while OU has 500 more wins than losses.

bweezie
11/20/2010, 09:52 PM
my dad's been a life-long sooner fan ever since he met bud wilkinson as a kid, but he graduated from osu. he's also an ou season ticket holder for 20+ years. i'm glad he is a "converted" fan, otherwise i might have gone to osu. (shivers)

cleller
11/20/2010, 10:23 PM
OSU fans just have that chronic stepchild mentality/inferiority complex. They feel they have to draw attention to themselves, and just look pitiful.

OSU has never been prominent in any sense.

Oh, get ready for the wrestling zingers.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 10:59 PM
I find it funny; because the majority of their fans don't have a college degree at all. I think that it's just fine to be a fan of a team as long as their is loyalty. Let's face it, the staple of Oklahoma is college football, and it's tradition. Oklahoma State is just jealous; because they have little to no tradition in football. For example, I hear the subjectivity how it's a huge deal just because they had their first 10 win season in school history. OU has a 11-3 season or 12-2 season, and doesn't at least win a BCS bowl, then the season is a wash. At least OU fans act like they have been there before. I am willing to venture that if OSU was to pull off the win next week, you will hear about it until 2020; because I still hear about 2001 and 2002, when I was in the 8th and 9th grade.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:04 PM
I can own an POKE fan. I run circles around them when they talk smack; because OU loses BCS bowls. I ask them if they ever won a Big 12 Championship? They say no, and then I say would you love to at least appear in the title game, even if you knew you might not win? Second answer yes...Then, I say exactly :) That is all you can ask for and at least year in and year out OU will consistently be up there. I think that earlier in the Stoops era I was taking 03 and 04 for granted. I look back and realize that is all you can ask for a shot...99% of the other teams in the division 1 FBS would want to swap spots with us.

homb1978
11/20/2010, 11:09 PM
It is actually "lose" and"take for granted". Not "granite". Its that how you all spell at ou? Oh wait...

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:09 PM

I think it really doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. I went to a smaller 4 year university where I could focus on school, and get a degree I could use. At the end of the day it does not matter where you went to school as long as you are willing to apply your skill set and education to a lucrative job field, and be successful at whatever you set out to do.

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 11:11 PM
It is actually "lose" and"take for granted". Not "granite". Its that how you all spell at ou? Oh wait...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3042593#post3042593

Since you're being the grammar police it's "nitpicking". Dip****.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:15 PM

Maybe I am trying to multi task and do a hundred things at once. Sorry, this is not work or school related, so on a message board I am not going to indulge a 100% educational effort. I would rather have something to show for my efforts. At the end of the day it's only a mere hobby. I do not think it has anything to do with paying bills, and developing self reliance.

homb1978
11/20/2010, 11:22 PM
Maybe I am trying to multi task and do a hundred things at once. Sorry, this is not work or school related, so on a message board I am not going to indulge a 100% educational effort. I would rather have something to show for my efforts. At the end of the day it's only a mere hobby. I do not think it has anything to do with paying bills, and developing self reliance.

Easy there, Mr. Responsible. Just do me a favor and look up the word granite. Put forward a little "educational effort" and you might learn something.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:26 PM
Haha, yea I will say I always like my soon to be wife proof reading my papers. Homb 1978, I went to the writing lab in my first couple of years in college to become more technical/precise and develop a more parallel writing structure. I will give you some props for proof reading. It could just be a perfectionist "type A" thing.

picasso
11/20/2010, 11:29 PM

Look everybody. oSu has a good season and a ****ing fan of theirs shows up on this board for one time since nineteen ninety ****ing nine.

Here's to you Poke fan who couldn't grow a scrotal lump until the year 2010.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:31 PM
I do not think we have to be all out horses a$$es, but seriously, I think that a lot of Poke fans live off of one year and talk about it until the next time they actually beat OU.

homb1978
11/20/2010, 11:32 PM
Look everybody. oSu has a good season and a ****ing fan of theirs shows up on this board for one time since nineteen ninety ****ing nine.

Here's to you Poke fan who couldn't grow a scrotal lump until the year 2010.

Thanks buddy. Here's to you and your 17,000 posts on an internet forum.

picasso
11/20/2010, 11:34 PM

Agreed. I work at home and happen to like OU football. Stick around, you might learn something about the game.

And here's to you and grammatical smack. It's always an impressive card.

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 11:36 PM
17,000 posts, 30 posts...it's an internet forum no matter how many posts you have. I wouldn't really say anything, but then again I'm not a dumbass Poke.

picasso
11/20/2010, 11:38 PM
Oh I've got more on here from the old board. You should have seen the run I had in 2001, it was a slow year for art sales.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:38 PM
Well, I have to admit I respect your posts. I finally got to join a while back ago. It's really cool to become a member of Soonerfans. I can actually talk football analytically.

tommieharris91
11/20/2010, 11:39 PM

If you're going to resort to spelling smack, you really should make sure you post isn't made out of grammar fail.

OSUGOPOKES
11/20/2010, 11:43 PM
@ OP

i don't think that can be blanketed on all Poke fans....i mean, i don't think that way.

but you gotta be honest, OU does have a lot of "band-wagon or t-shirt" fans that give the real fans a bad rep. but it goes for every team.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:44 PM
I guess you didn't actually look at what I was breaking down Homb 1978? Loud mouth Miles actually fitted in great with OSU...Gundy really is not of that type.

btk108
11/20/2010, 11:45 PM
Well, I have to admit I respect your posts. I finally got to join a while back ago. It's really cool to become a member of Soonerfans. I can actually talk football analytically.

Hey! Knock off the big words, you know us Sooners have a hard time with those.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:47 PM
i don't think that can be blanketed on all Poke fans....i mean, i don't think that way.

but you gotta be honest, OU does have a lot of "band-wagon or t-shirt" fans that give the real fans a bad rep. but it goes for every team.

True, I actually can say that with a lot of the top tier programs it happens. Sometimes, it is even trends. Let's face, back in the 1990's even in Oklahoma a lot of people were band-wagon fans. Those fad Husker fans talked smack to me in the 90's with Gibbs, Howard, and Blake...73-21,37-0, and 69-14. Yea, I was there.

StoopTroup
11/20/2010, 11:47 PM
@ OP

You live in BA. How are we supposed to trust anything you tell us?

picasso
11/20/2010, 11:49 PM
@ OP

Very true but I've never in my life seen a hillbilly Sooner fan sport the cap of a team that had just beaten oSu. This is a common practice with some Poke fans I know.

StoopTroup
11/20/2010, 11:50 PM

Pffffffffffftttt....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Judge Smails
11/20/2010, 11:56 PM

He learned it at the Dexter Manley Skool of Inglesh.

Poke fans: I bet most of you don't even know who Dexter Manley is. Go ahead, look it up, we'll wait..............

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 12:00 AM
You live in BA. How are we supposed to trust anything you tell us?

because i'm not from "Stoolwater"? i go to OSU but it doesn't make me sheep humper. :D

Very true but I've never in my life seen a hillbilly Sooner fan sport the cap of a team that had just beaten oSu. This is a common practice with some Poke fans I know.

yeah that is pretty shady. i think its more of them giving you hell rather than hating on OU.

silverwheels
11/21/2010, 12:01 AM

I see it everyday. It's just an OU hat.

OUEngr1990
11/21/2010, 12:02 AM
@ OP

Yeah, well it seems the stereotypical poke fan whines, cries, and obsesses about those OU "t-shirt" fans. They even go as far as creating user accounts on OU boards to whine, cry, and obsess about them. So really, at the end of the day, who is better?

For the record, I graduated from OU..

picasso
11/21/2010, 12:04 AM
because i'm not from "Stoolwater"? i go to OSU but it doesn't make me sheep humper. :D

yeah that is pretty shady. i think its more of them giving you hell rather than hating on OU.

Not really since I witnessed it out and about. They didn't come over to my front door or anything.

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, well it seems the stereotypical poke fan whines, cries, and obsesses about those OU "t-shirt" fans. They even go as far as creating user accounts on OU boards to whine, cry, and obsess about them. So really, at the end of the day, who is better?

For the record, I graduated from OU..

does that make you feel better now? you sure told me off.

i'm just here to make conversation with fellow oklahomans about football, i'm a fan of both OU and OSU, but when it comes down to it; i "root" for OSU more. i also, attend OSU so i like being supportive of my school. as for the comment about how you graduated from OU, congratulations! Do you have a job?

Not really since I witnessed it out and about. They didn't come over to my front door or anything.

in your original comment i thought you were referring to your friends doing this to you.

Blue
11/21/2010, 12:14 AM
@ OP

Your football team more often than not gives your fans a bad name. What's your point?

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 12:17 AM
Your football team more often than not gives your fans a bad name. What's your point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw9dKmqDbyA

Discuss.

SoonerBacker
11/21/2010, 01:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw9dKmqDbyA

Discuss.

You're an A$$! Nothing more to discuss.

PDXsooner
11/21/2010, 01:23 AM
So no kids can be fans, because obviously no one under 18 goes to college.

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 01:26 AM
So no kids can be fans, because obviously no one under 18 goes to college.

Huh? Kids can be fans. Who said anything about kids not being able to be fans?

SoonerBacker
11/21/2010, 01:31 AM
Let's spell it out for you since you are a poke. If you are going to criticize OU for having fans that did not attend OU, then you need to stop kids from being fans of your school, because they have obviously never been a student at ANY university!

agoo758
11/21/2010, 01:32 AM
Glad you learned something at Sheep Humper U. Can you tell us what day tomorrow is?

Now THIS is a funny one sir. :)

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 01:35 AM
Let's spell it out for you since you are a poke. If you are going to criticize OU for having fans that did not attend OU, then you need to stop kids from being fans of your school, because they have obviously never been a student at ANY university!

And I can spell it out for you since you are a sooner fan. Not all poke fans criticize OU fans that never attended the school. I don't care if you or anyone else likes OU. I dislike disrespectful people. I could care less who you cheer for.

SoonerBacker
11/21/2010, 01:46 AM
And I can spell it out for you since you are a sooner fan. Not all poke fans criticize OU fans that never attended the school. I don't care if you or anyone else likes OU. I dislike disrespectful people. I could care less who you cheer for.

Well, the original post on this thread was about the criticism that ALL Sooner fans take from a LOT of oSu fans over that very issue. You claimed to not understand another post that was made stating that using that logic, kids should not be fans of university teams. I tried to spell it out for you. Now, if you think that is being disrespectful, then you could always stop posting on a Sooner Fan board, take your sheep and go back to the oSu boards!

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 01:50 AM

whats your point?

i was pointing out that OU (along with many other teams) have t-shirt fans that give the real fans (of OU, OSU, etc etc) a bad rep. why are you getting so butt hurt?

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 01:52 AM
Well, the original post on this thread was about the criticism that ALL Sooner fans take from a LOT of oSu fans over that very issue. You claimed to not understand another post that was made stating that using that logic, kids should not be fans of university teams. I tried to spell it out for you. Now, if you think that is being disrespectful, then you could always stop posting on a Sooner Fan board, take your sheep and go back to the oSu boards!

Well, I was just posting my opinion and it maybe not reflective of the rest of OSU fans. I have friends and family that have attended both schools. I don't find you disrespectful....I was just making a statement. My point was that I don't have a problem with fans as long as they are respectful and personally I could care less who you cheer for.

Blue
11/21/2010, 01:55 AM
whats your point?

i was pointing out that OU (along with many other teams) have t-shirt fans that give the real fans (of OU, OSU, etc etc) a bad rep. why are you getting so butt hurt?

My point is that osu will get beat again. Like they always do. My point is that you yourself are a johnny come lately. osu has a chance and suddenly you find opponents message boards.

Stick around. We'll look forward to talking about the game this week. just make sure you come back after the game after osu gets beat.

soonerborn45
11/21/2010, 01:57 AM
Boy the sheep humpers win a few football games and now they have to get on the message boards acting like a bunch of keyboard tough guys.

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 02:02 AM
My point is that osu will get beat again. Like they always do. My point is that you yourself are a johnny come lately. osu has a chance and suddenly you find opponents message boards.

Stick around. We'll look forward to talking about the game this week. just make sure you come back after the game after osu gets beat.

To be fair, some of our farms did not have internet access until recently. The goats and sheep ate through the cable lines.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blue
11/21/2010, 02:03 AM
To be fair, some of our farms did not have internet access until recently. The goats and sheep ate through the cable lines.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that. Now **** off, Dip****.

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 02:05 AM
I don't doubt that. Now **** off, Dip****.

I thought we were having fun.:D

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 02:12 AM

i will admit i recently joined the forum (this football season), a lot of my buddies are OU fans and told me about it. they told me to be prepared to deal with a lot of dickheads on here too. so i guess i found my first one ;) (lucky me) i joined this public forum because i wanted to talk to other guys in Oklahoma about football, etc. I'm also on orangepower.com as well (which i'm sure a lot of people on here are too)...it just so happens that i'm more of an OSU fan. I don't bash on OU or the school, actually IMO the only complaint i have about OU in general are some of their fans.

by the way you reply to me, i can tell you have taken offense to my statements and have resorted to your only known way of trying to argue. i find it particularly sad, but i'll leave it be and let you imagine me weeping at my laptop.

let me ask you, if i were to have joined this forum with some awesomely cool name like boomersooner#1, or tuck fexus and started ranting on about OU's greatness would you have jumped to your logical tactics the same way attacking me?

rest assured i've joined for the long-run; i'll be on here no matter the outcome of next weeks game.

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 02:14 AM
Boy the sheep humpers win a few football games and now they have to get on the message boards acting like a bunch of keyboard tough guys.

honestly, re-read what you just typed and tell me you actually believe the few of us that have posted on here are acting like "keyboard tough guys" or if the statement can be said about you and some of the others.

FirstandGoal
11/21/2010, 02:16 AM
**** this thread.
The title itself is an oxymoron.

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 02:32 AM
honestly, re-read what you just typed and tell me you actually believe the few of us that have posted on here are acting like "keyboard tough guys" or if the statement can be said about you and some of the others.

I like this board too. Although, some seem rough around the edges. I think I will stick around.:D If anything the tough guys, like the one you were speaking too can explain to us in more detail what we have done to offend them.

tommieharris91
11/21/2010, 02:33 AM
Know who else uses poke logic? T. Boone Pickens, who supposedly likes Adolph Hitler's style of leadership.

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 02:37 AM
Know who else uses poke logic? T. Boone Pickens, who supposedly likes Adolph Hitler's style of leadership.

Apparently, there are a ton of rich people that like poke logic because they raised over 500 million for academics and are on the way to a billion.

http://news.okstate.edu/index.php/news-archives/254-100-million-from-pickens-helps-launch-1-billion-osu-campaign

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 02:40 AM

can you explain this? or are we suppose to be offended by you throwing T. Boone Pickens and Adolph Hitler in the same sentence?

sooner59
11/21/2010, 02:47 AM
I can't wait until next Saturday. :D

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 02:50 AM

in all honesty he gives credit to Ronald Reagan for his leadership skills and who doesn't/didn't like Reagan?

Blue
11/21/2010, 02:54 AM
i will admit i recently joined the forum (this football season), a lot of my buddies are OU fans and told me about it. they told me to be prepared to deal with a lot of dickheads on here too. so i guess i found my first one ;) (lucky me) i joined this public forum because i wanted to talk to other guys in Oklahoma about football, etc. I'm also on orangepower.com as well (which i'm sure a lot of people on here are too)...it just so happens that i'm more of an OSU fan. I don't bash on OU or the school, actually IMO the only complaint i have about OU in general are some of their fans.

by the way you reply to me, i can tell you have taken offense to my statements and have resorted to your only known way of trying to argue. i find it particularly sad, but i'll leave it be and let you imagine me weeping at my laptop.

let me ask you, if i were to have joined this forum with some awesomely cool name like boomersooner#1, or tuck fexus and started ranting on about OU's greatness would you have jumped to your logical tactics the same way attacking me?

rest assured i've joined for the long-run; i'll be on here no matter the outcome of next weeks game.

I could care less. I made a comment. You turned it into a doctorate.

have fun, d ickface. :texan:

OSUGOPOKES
11/21/2010, 03:02 AM

i was just trying to sound smart so i could stay close to your level.:rolleyes:

osucowboy344
11/21/2010, 03:04 AM

Have fun in the back woods of Alabama! It must be common practice down there to be a wife beater;)

Blue
11/21/2010, 03:04 AM
i was just trying to sound smart so i could stay close to your level.:rolleyes:

Have fun and welcome to soonerfans.com. Lookin forward to the game.

Blue
11/21/2010, 03:05 AM
Have fun in the back woods of Alabama! It must be common practice down there to be a wife beater;)

Thats a good one. Yeehaw. Were all hillbillies here in bama. Welcome to Soonerfans.com. Have fun.

picasso
11/21/2010, 10:47 AM
Apparently, there are a ton of rich people that like poke logic because they raised over 500 million for academics and are on the way to a billion.

http://news.okstate.edu/index.php/news-archives/254-100-million-from-pickens-helps-launch-1-billion-osu-campaign

Hey look! oSu can raise funds for their school! What a concept.

SoonerBacker
11/21/2010, 10:57 AM
can you explain this? or are we suppose to be offended by you throwing T. Boone Pickens and Adolph Hitler in the same sentence?

No. What you are SUPPOSED to do is stop posting every other second on SF! Go back to OP and leave us the hell alone.

In short, how about a nice big cup of STFU to go with your Sunday morning breakfast!

homb1978
11/21/2010, 11:05 AM
Man, you guys are meanies.

soonerborn45
11/21/2010, 07:14 PM

Yeah, I can honestly say that you guys are a bunch of keyboard tough guys. That's it. Damn, quit crying.

OUEngr1990
11/21/2010, 09:40 PM
does that make you feel better now? you sure told me off.
I actually was not trying to "tell you off". Just telling it like it is. Sorry if the truth hurts. LOL.

as for the comment about how you graduated from OU, congratulations! Do you have a job?.Actually, yes I do! Employed over 20 years thanks to my OU degree. Thanks for your concern.

Ps- noticed you are all bright red now. :)

Boomer!

cleller
11/22/2010, 08:26 AM
The problem here is the whole "Poke Logic" thing.

This is a Sooner Board. Normally that would attract Sooner fans, who would disparage the opposing team in an offensive, yet obviously illusory manner.

When a member of the opposition shows up here and cannot understand this concept, they feel they must defend their team from these comments. A truly educated alum would understand the futility of this exercise and not join in.

Then you have those that want to show up and look for misspellings, turn someone's comments back on them, or make fun of their hometown.

ruf/nekdad
11/22/2010, 09:11 AM
Bad week to be a poke posting on a Sooner board and looking for respect or massive amounts of logic. Its why we are not on orange power. Get it?

Bourbon St Sooner
11/22/2010, 09:52 AM

Wrong forum th:D

bonkuba
11/22/2010, 09:57 AM
I don't believe that anyone has stated this...but......Poke and Logic cannot go together......seriously.

homb1978
11/22/2010, 10:07 AM
Kinda like boomer and sooner.

CrimsonRez
11/22/2010, 10:10 AM

it really doesn't

OSUGOPOKES
11/22/2010, 09:13 PM
Bad week to be a poke posting on a Sooner board and looking for respect or massive amounts of logic. Its why we are not on orange power. Get it?

you're right....i know the game is this Saturday and just didn't think that there would be this many people eager to "cyber-bully" just thought everyone could engage in some football talk.

like i've stated over and over again, i am a fan of both OU and OSU, but attend OSU so i support them more. i'll be sure to be back a few days after the game Saturday, because win or lose OU fans will not be tolerable of anyone on Sunday.

SoonerBacker
11/22/2010, 09:47 PM

And why, exactly, wouldn't BOOMER & SOONER go together? Or do I need to give you a history lesson on the original BOOMERS? Contrary to popular belief (and many elementary school lessons), the original BOOMERS were NOT those who waited for the guns to sound before beginning the land run of '89!

silverwheels
11/22/2010, 10:51 PM
you're right....i know the game is this Saturday and just didn't think that there would be this many people eager to "cyber-bully" just thought everyone could engage in some football talk.

like i've stated over and over again, i am a fan of both OU and OSU, but attend OSU so i support them more. i'll be sure to be back a few days after the game Saturday, because win or lose OU fans will not be tolerable of anyone on Sunday.

OSU fans are never tolerable.

OUEngr1990
11/22/2010, 11:13 PM
annoying is more like it

SailorCowboy
11/22/2010, 11:23 PM
Wow are the sooners being cyber bullies again? You meanies. So are we gonna talk football?

silverwheels
11/22/2010, 11:25 PM
Wow are the sooners being cyber bullies again? You meanies. So are we gonna talk football?

Sure.

Teams that have beaten OU since the last time OSU did:

Kansas State
LSU
USC
TCU
UCLA
Texas
Texas Tech
Oregon
Boise State
Colorado
West Virginia
Florida
BYU
Miami
Nebraska
Missouri
Texas A&M

Teams that have scored on OU since the last time OSU did:

Missouri
Florida
BYU
Miami
Texas
Kansas
Kansas State
Nebraska
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Baylor
Stanford
Utah State
Florida State
Cincinnati
Air Force
Colorado

Talk to us after the game.

boomermagic
11/22/2010, 11:30 PM
Its a stupid azz argument and its all they have...and they wonder why they cant fill up their sparkling new stadium, cus no one cares about that sh*t hole school

This

SailorCowboy
11/22/2010, 11:37 PM
Wow reading the posts on here it seems like ou fans are predicting an ou blow out. Good luck with that

silverwheels
11/22/2010, 11:41 PM
Wow reading the posts on here it seems like ou fans are predicting an ou blow out. Good luck with that

I think there's a decent chance that OSU wins, mostly because OU is so questionable outside of Norman. But until it happens, please keep in mind that OU has won 80% of the games played between the two teams, and they have shut out OSU more times than OSU has won.

So if OSU wins on Saturday, go ahead and flap your gums. But it hasn't happened yet, and it rarely happens.

Blue
11/22/2010, 11:43 PM

OU 56 osu 13

Suck on it, dip****.

OUEngr1990
11/22/2010, 11:45 PM

Well, let me ask you something. Who have you played? texas doesn't count because even baylor, ucla, and Iowa St beat them at home. Who else have you played? Anyone?

Collier11
11/23/2010, 12:02 AM
This thread is uber ghey

picasso
11/23/2010, 12:08 AM

Nope. We never expect that these days in Stillwater.

SailorCowboy
11/23/2010, 12:13 AM
Well, let me ask you something. Who have you played? texas doesn't count because even baylor, ucla, and Iowa St beat them at home. Who else have you played? Anyone?

Really?? Your comment would suggest that ou ran a gauntlet of a schedule. But since you brought up past opponents this year, how about A&M? How did you guys fair in that match-up? Oh wait nevermind, you'll make the excuse that they're not the same A&M tea because Tannehill was playing and if Johnson was playing ou would've won 1,000,000 - 0.

picasso
11/23/2010, 12:15 AM
Really?? Your comment would suggest that ou ran a gauntlet of a schedule. But since you brought up past opponents this year, how about A&M? How did you guys fair in that match-up? Oh wait nevermind, you'll make the excuse that they're not the same A&M tea because Tannehill was playing and if Johnson was playing ou would've won 1,000,000 - 0.

well you have to admit there Poke that Johnson was pretty good at throwing the other team the ball.
I'd dare say they played Nebbish hella better than you guys did.

85sooners
11/23/2010, 12:27 AM
Pokes are all queers and they can suck it after the game at Eskimo poles

SoonerBacker
11/23/2010, 01:02 AM

Since you are going into schedule comparisons, here is something to consider:
OSU went through the non-conference schedule without a loss. Defeated Washington State (2-9), Troy (5-5), Tulsa (8-3), and Louisiana Lafayette (2-9).

OU went through the non-conference schedule without a loss. Defeated Utah State (4-7), Florida State (8-3), Air Force (8-4), and Cincy (4-6). Although the OU margins of victory were not as great as those posted by oSu (with the notable exception of the Troy game in Stoolwater), the records of the teams the Sooners played were slightly better as well.

Conference opponents? The aTm game is the most notable, but as has been pointed out, the Tex-Ags were a different team when we played them. Just ask the Nebraska team that beat the Pokes in Stoolwater.

Overall, I'd have to say that the 2 teams that will face off on Saturday night are pretty close. No, I am NOT predicting a blowout. I am saying that the overconfidence displayed by aggie-lite fans is absurd. I guess it's because I have heard it so many times in the past. I think it will be a good game. Obvioulsy, the pokes have the best chance they have had in years to win. But there is no guarantee it will happen. Until it does, I wish you folks would go and crawl back under that rock you came out from under.

47straight
11/23/2010, 10:24 AM

Here's an OU fan who isn't predicting a blow out and who does root for OSU letting you know you need to go **** yourself and go the **** away.

SailorCowboy
11/23/2010, 12:57 PM
Here's an OU fan who isn't predicting a blow out and who does root for OSU letting you know you need to go **** yourself and go the **** away.

"Here's an OU fan that does root for OSU?" REALLY? Wow, do you root for Texas too?

setem
11/23/2010, 01:18 PM
Before I started going to OU my sister(who goes to OSU-OKC=/) and I got into it because she said I was being a jerk cheering against OSU. She said I should have some state pride and I told her unless a PUKE win helps the Sooners I will never cheer for those ****ers. She got all ****ty and said I have attended more OSU then you have OU and acted like that made her something special. I am finishing my capstone project today, I lack 9 hours in the spring...that will make me a real Sooner right?

OUEngr1990
11/23/2010, 01:58 PM

We beat Florida St (sticks chest out), meanwhile, you guys almost got beat by FREAKIN TROY, LOL!!

badger
11/23/2010, 02:47 PM
Speaking of aTm, if I'm not mistaken, they're the only ranked opponent OSU beat this year, right? We on the other hand, only have one as well at this point (Florida State), so to the Saturday's victor goes the spoils... being able to say that you beat two ranked opponents :rolleyes:

ThinMan
11/23/2010, 02:51 PM
We have had a very hard time stopping the run this year so Hunter scares me. We had no problem against Malcolm last year and if not for Hubter I doubt we would this year either.

usaosooner
11/23/2010, 02:57 PM
ummm without JJ throwing INT after INT A&M is a different team...

MiccoMacey
11/23/2010, 03:10 PM

I don't think it was so much Tannehill versus Jerrod Johnson, as much as it was home field for OSU (against A&M) and home field for A&M (against OU).

A better comparison would be Baylor. I believe we both played Baylor on the road. I believe we both did about the same level of damage to Baylor.

But yes, if a QB is replaced by the junior varsity QB, and has more success than the original starter, it is more logical to say that the understudy probably should have been starting to begin with.

I think Sherman was so wowed with Jerrod's possibilities, he overlooked the fact that he was extremely hit and miss. He could burn defenses, but he could be bitten just as likely.

Tannehill is the guy whom, especially with more experience for sure, will be a more consistent and reliable QB.

CowboyMRW
11/23/2010, 03:39 PM
I don't think it was so much Tannehill versus Jerrod Johnson, as much as it was home field for OSU (against A&M) and home field for A&M (against OU).

A better comparison would be Baylor. I believe we both played Baylor on the road. I believe we both did about the same level of damage to Baylor.

But yes, if a QB is replaced by the junior varsity QB, and has more success than the original starter, it is more logical to say that the understudy probably should have been starting to begin with.

I think Sherman was so wowed with Jerrod's possibilities, he overlooked the fact that he was extremely hit and miss. He could burn defenses, but he could be bitten just as likely.

Tannehill is the guy whom, especially with more experience for sure, will be a more consistent and reliable QB.

With JJ we never known what might've happened that game though because JJ was still responsible for 5 td's and over 400 yards and we don't know what Tannehill would've done.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2010, 03:44 PM
yeah...I don't think tannehill could have put that many points up on the board in stillwater

47straight
11/23/2010, 05:22 PM
"Here's an OU fan that does root for OSU?" REALLY? Wow, do you root for Texas too?

No, I don't. Because they truly are everything bad that you think OU is. And 90% of their fans are about as intelligent and witty as you are. So once again, stop giving your fanbase a bad name and go **** your yourself and go the **** away.

NMSooner'80
11/23/2010, 05:56 PM

Actually, Baylor played OSU at Boone's Farm. The spread was about the same, but at least OU's allegedly bad road team beat BU by 29, and it really wasn't that close.

MiccoMacey
11/23/2010, 06:42 PM
Actually, Baylor played OSU at Boone's Farm. The spread was about the same, but at least OU's allegedly bad road team beat BU by 29, and it really wasn't that close.

Whoops...my bad.

Thanks for the catch.