PDA

View Full Version : Boise State to open up next year in Atlanta vs. Georgia

Salt City Sooner
11/20/2010, 12:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5827054

mgsooner
11/20/2010, 01:17 AM
Yet another major program (Va Tech) that has sold out and moved the game from their campus to a neutral facility. I just don't get it. Boise State needs Georgia a hell of a lot more than Georgia needs Boise. So if I'm Georgia I tell them you either play us in Athens or you can F off.

Blue
11/20/2010, 01:23 AM
:rolleyes: Just in time for a new UGA coach and a rebuilding year.

GKeeper316
11/20/2010, 01:29 AM
:rolleyes: Just in time for a new UGA coach and a rebuilding year.

trudat...

the_edge
11/20/2010, 01:34 AM
We can hope...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=252460061

sooner59
11/20/2010, 02:55 AM
I bet Georgia wins. Just a hunch.

soonergirlNeugene
11/20/2010, 05:03 AM
Georgia has been 'rebuilding' for years now, but like VT you know they will be ranked at the beginning of the year. Looks like Boise did a great job of picking another patsy.

soonercastor
11/20/2010, 05:38 AM
Its not like Boise just picks who they want to play, its mutual. This does them no good: if they win Georgia sucks if they lose then they suck. They just gotta hope the MWC is competitive.

tcrb
11/20/2010, 09:11 AM
That will be their big marquee game of the year upon which they will hang their "We will play anyone" hat. And they will have all summer to game plan.

swardboy
11/20/2010, 09:52 AM
That will be their big marquee game of the year upon which they will hang their "We will play anyone" hat. And they will have all summer to game plan.

Unless a new coach is bringing in a new system.....I hate, hate, hate the smurfs.

85sooners
11/20/2010, 10:35 AM
:rolleyes:

PDXsooner
11/20/2010, 10:38 AM
Great. Now if they followed that up with a game vs Ohio State, then a road game at Michigan State, then a home game vs Texas A&M followed with road trips to Cal and Arizona and a finale against OU I would buy that they deserve a shot. Because that would reflect a normal conference schedule.

Instead, they'll head back to play the likes of Idaho, La Tech, et al.

Scott D
11/20/2010, 10:48 AM
Great. Now if they followed that up with a game vs Ohio State, then a road game at Michigan State, then a home game vs Texas A&M followed with road trips to Cal and Arizona and a finale against OU I would buy that they deserve a shot. Because that would reflect a normal conference schedule.

Instead, they'll head back to play the likes of Idaho, La Tech, et al.

actually they'll be playing the likes of Wyoming, New Mexico, SDSU, TCU.

IronHorseSooner
11/20/2010, 10:55 AM
I respect TCU more because I think that they have been actively trying to get into a BCS conference for a while (Big East or Big XII). BSU has made little-to-no effort on that part, instead they are moving to a Utah and BYU-less MWC, that could have TCU gone shortly to the Big East. If BSU makes a string play to get into the Big XII (or maybe another expansion of the PAC-12), then my opinion would change. Until then, they play in crappy conferences and don't deserve a shot at the title. If either one of the cheating schools at the top (Oregon and Auburn) stumble, TCU deserves a shot more than BSU just out of principle.

Scott D
11/20/2010, 10:57 AM
[Boise fan]but but but, Nevada and Fresno State are joining, and Hawaii might join too[/Boise fan]

PDXsooner
11/20/2010, 05:49 PM
actually they'll be playing the likes of Wyoming, New Mexico, SDSU, TCU.

True. At least they'll play TCU once a year. Unfortunately Utah and BYU are exiting the conference.

Salt City Sooner
11/20/2010, 05:53 PM
If Hoke continues what it looks like he's starting, SDSU isn't going to be a pushover either. I've often wondered why the Aztecs haven't been more successful than they've been, especially with the scholarship limits. I know that the local Pac-10 schools are going to get the pick of the litter for the most part, but even after that, there's enough kids out in that neck of the woods to piece together some pretty good leftovers.

sooner59
11/20/2010, 05:57 PM
True. At least they'll play TCU once a year. Unfortunately Utah and BYU are exiting the conference.

This is hilarious. If they could have kept Utah and BYU, they would probably be getting an automatic BCS bowl for their conference champ. They finally would have gotten those programs to the big time. As it is, BYU chased the money like Notre Dame and Utah got money and the big time. However Utah will will they stayed in the Mountain West and petitioned the BCS for an auto-bid when they go from 10 win seasons to .500 in the Pac 12.

Scott D
11/21/2010, 12:48 AM
This is hilarious. If they could have kept Utah and BYU, they would probably be getting an automatic BCS bowl for their conference champ. They finally would have gotten those programs to the big time. As it is, BYU chased the money like Notre Dame and Utah got money and the big time. However Utah will will they stayed in the Mountain West and petitioned the BCS for an auto-bid when they go from 10 win seasons to .500 in the Pac 12.

The amusing part is that they're replacing Utah and BYU with Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State, and Hawaii.

adding half the WAC doesn't make the MWC a BCS worthy conference...but it does strengthen my argument that the WAC belongs in FCS.