PDA

View Full Version : Big East and the BCS

BigRed47
11/20/2010, 12:51 AM
Do you realize that we could have a 7-5 or maybe a 6-6 Big East Champion going to a BCS bowl. I mean, this could get really ridiculous this year. What a waste of a BCS position.

Football Jim
11/20/2010, 01:29 AM
They don't call it the Big Least for nothing.

I would love to see the upper teams of the WAC, Mountain West and heck, even the best teams in the MAC be able to play any of the Big East teams. I think the Big East would lose more than they would win.

sooner59
11/20/2010, 02:58 AM
The Mountain West is easily better than the "Big" East.

soonergirlNeugene
11/20/2010, 04:58 AM
The worst part about the Big East is their Fiesta Bowl tie-in with us. I wish we could just move back to the Orange Bowl. Win the big 12 and unless you're playing for the national title, your reward is an opponent from the worst BCS conference with a record that is barely bowl eligible. Don't you just love those bowl games where we have little to gain and our opponents have nothing to lose?

soonercastor
11/20/2010, 05:39 AM
watch whoever wins the Big East win the Fiesta as well. I will LOL

DCsooner22
11/20/2010, 08:22 AM
It's really frustrating getting their local games broadcast over here. I want to watch good football, and I get to watch their inept teams stumble around and listen to the fans talk about wanting basketball season to start. This of course leaves me to find games online...

Okie35
11/20/2010, 11:22 AM
watch whoever wins the Big East win the Fiesta as well. I will LOL

Exactly. Ppl can say oh they're not deserving for that spot but its about a month away. It could be a completely different Big East team playing in the Fiesta. That layoff is no joke. I'm not saying the Big East team will win but the team will probably look deserving after about 30 days of practice.

KantoSooner
11/20/2010, 11:31 AM
It's really frustrating getting their local games broadcast over here. I want to watch good football, and I get to watch their inept teams stumble around and listen to the fans talk about wanting basketball season to start. This of course leaves me to find games online...

You're absolutely right. I lived in Mass for five years and all I got to hear was how OU would be destroyed by BC if they played. Those people are delusional.
Many East Coast High School games are better than Big East.

jumperstop
11/20/2010, 11:34 AM
There just so good that they beat each other up kinda like the SEC east... :rolleyes:

DCsooner22
11/20/2010, 01:59 PM
LOL... Halftime highlights announcers claim that the Pitt/South Florida 3-3 halftime score is b/c "there is a lot of defense being played in this game."

Yeah, it's definitely not their suckitude...

silverwheels
11/20/2010, 02:03 PM
The worst part about the Big East is their Fiesta Bowl tie-in with us. I wish we could just move back to the Orange Bowl. Win the big 12 and unless you're playing for the national title, your reward is an opponent from the worst BCS conference with a record that is barely bowl eligible. Don't you just love those bowl games where we have little to gain and our opponents have nothing to lose?

The Big East is not tied into the Fiesta Bowl. They just usually end up there.