PDA

View Full Version : Parents went to Cheech & Chong last night

MR2-Sooner86
11/19/2010, 06:22 PM
So, my parents went to Cheech and Chong's "Get It Legal" tour last night in Tulsa. Yeah...they never smoked back in the day

In case you're wondering "Get It Legal" refers to marijuana and they were very open about it. Chong referred to it as "mello man's drug." My parents said about 3/4 of the audience was Baby Boomer hippies and there were few young people there.

Anyway, Shelby Chong, Tommy Chong's wife, opened up and started getting political. She was talking about Sarah Palin and apparently the crowd barely laughed. She then asked the audience, "Who else should I make fun of?" Somebody stood up and said, "Hillary Clinton!" and she replied, "Oh...well I like her."
*crickets*

Of course Cheech and Chong came out being very pro-legalization of weed.

Cheech: Legalize marijuana!
Crowd: YEAH! RIGHT ON!
Cheech: Open the borders!
Crowd: .....

Tommy Chong talked marijuana and about when he was arrested for possession.

Cop: Sir do you have in marijuana in the house?
Chong: Do I have marijuana in the house? Of course I do! I have it in every single room. I mean...I AM Tommy Chong!

They said it was pretty good. The politics and such was very little of the show and about 70-80% of it was a whole lot of their old skits. They did stuff from their first albums. Cheech sang and Chong played the guitar during certain times.

Of course the biggest reaction is when Cheech brought back an oldie from the first movie. I guess the crows went absolutely ape ****.
fg3UNlbX3Bo

I guess since they were in Tulsa they were on Fox 23 news yesterday morning and they let them do the weather for a segment. I didn't see it but my dad told me about it

Cheech: We got this...big snake coming down from the North here!
Chong: Yeah and behind this big snake...yeah it's like...cold.

I wish I could have went but oh well. Oh yeah, before I forget, this is another reason for...

Tulsa > OKC

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 07:29 PM
I had a chance to see them. But I thought it over and figured their brand of drug humor has seen its glory days. It would be like attending a Village People concert. Meh.

proud gonzo
11/19/2010, 08:18 PM
well good for you.

Scott D
11/19/2010, 09:40 PM
Is anyone here surprised that Leroy has attended a Village People concert?

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 10:04 PM
Is anyone here surprised that Leroy has attended a Village People concert?

Nope. Never.

Got to see David Bowie, though. But he rocks.

yermom
11/19/2010, 10:30 PM
like that's not as gay

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 10:46 PM
like that's not as gay

As gay as attending a Village People concert? Not even close. Bowie's great! (In a musical way.)

yermom
11/19/2010, 10:47 PM
NTTAWWT

Scott D
11/19/2010, 10:55 PM
Nope. Never.

Got to see David Bowie, though. But he rocks.

it's ok to admit you went to a Village People concert, hell yermom still tells people he is a Nirvana fan.

yermom
11/20/2010, 09:08 AM
i'm still not happy they covered Bowie :D

oh and :mad:

stoopified
11/20/2010, 11:26 AM
Nope. Never.

Got to see David Bowie, though. But he sucks.Sounds gay to me.

jumperstop
11/20/2010, 11:30 AM
If you don't like David Bowie you're the gay one